Crazy, Strong & Loving It for Jan. 21

So today was suppose to be cardio but since I can't seem to have a good cardio workout due to pain, I decided to do abs, stretch and try my foam roller.

For Abs I tried the new workout on MMA Boxing and I really liked it. Cathe uses 5# weights in this and it was just a good combination of exercises.

Then I did the Stretch workout from Karen Voight's Yoga Focus. This is the one I use to do quite a bit and I really like it.

Then I did some exercises on my new foam roller that I got yesterday. When I first seen it I thought it was WAY too big, but it works really well. I have a 6x36 one. I followed some exercises someone sent me from M&F Hers.

I finally realized that the muscle causing me so much pain is my hip flexor. It hurt really bad when I did the hip flexor roll. So much so that I could hardly do it. After about the 5th or 6th roll it started to loosen up. So this is where I need to pay attention to. My glutes and hamstrings are finally back to normal. When I did the roll for my upper back/shoulders, I could hear all kinds of crunching noises. It felt really good to roll that out.

I feel great this morning and I'm hoping doing all this will take care of all this tightness I constantly feel.

Good Morning,

Tonite is EBs Burn and Firm Pilates. I think next week I am going to focus alot on kick butt cardio.

Debbie-glad the foam roller is helping, sounds like that hip flexor needs some work. Congrats on the ab work, and thank you for keeping the checkin going in Belindas abscence, hope she comes back soon.

Hi ladies. Yesterday I made myself hit the gym. I almost didn't go, but then I realized just how easily I was letting myself off the hook. I'm glad I went. I did about 35 mins on the treadmill then hit the weights. I'm already sore. It was a good workout and I pushed myself. DH came up and spotted me on chest so that helped. I did hit failure a few times.

Mostly the same as Debbie's post yesterday - 4 sets of 8 reps:

Arnold Press - 20's (hit failure at 7th rep on 4th set)

Hack Squats (I used the standing squat machine to simulate these, not sure how accurate the weight really is) - 140#

Incline Dumbbell Curls - 15/20/15/15 (20's just too much, wish I'd had my weight gloves b/c 17 would have been more ideal. I failed at 7 reps with 20)

Overhead Tricep Extension - 25#

Incline Barbell Press - 65# (failed at 7 on 3rd set, DH helped me push out all 8 for last but it was a struggle)

Chinups - assisted @ 60#

Debbie - so glad to hear that you've isolated the problem. Now you can focus on it and get back to 100%.

Nora - your workout yesterday rocked. I'm always amazed at your calorie burn.

Hi to everyone else!!!

Hi Girls...

I did Cardio Core Circuit this morning. I did it the premix way, like I talked about yesterday. First the cardio only premix and then the core conditioning only premix. The cardio was HARD doing it all together, but not harder than any of the HiiTs. I think it was mentioned somewhere that this should really have been ON the HiiT DVD. It certainly qualifies! I did like doing the core stuff alone. In fact, the last 2 exercises, I rewound and did them over, because I missed a few reps trying to figure out the move. I liked being able to concentrate more on THE move itself.

Debbie: Great to hear you've found some good stretches to help you. The ab work on the MMA Boxing is pretty cool. I love the new-ish moves and with the weight too. The Cardio Core Circuit has VERY different ab moves. There is one where you keep your legs in the frog position on the floor and come up SLOWLY into a sit up with your hand behind your head. SOOOOO HARD, I can't believe how hard that is!

Roxie: I like that Burn & Firm Pilates workout!! Good one!

Heather: Glad you're feeling better, enough to work out yesterday. Good for you. Are the antibiotics kicking in and are you feeling better too? Or your'e just pushing yourself?

Nora: yes, awesome workout yesterday! Are you almost finishing up P90X?

Wendy: I've not done MMA Fusion yet. I should put that on my list for next week. Great going on Kickbox and the bike yesterday!

Going for a haircut today, AND our new dishwasher is coming!! YIPPEEEEE!!!

Chris - thanks for the update about doing the 2 segments separate. Glad to hear it worked out. I agree, it's def a cardio workout when you just do the cardio premix. Not sure I'll ever do it as a circuit again to be honest. As for antibiotics kicking in? Not sure if that's it or just got the sinuses under control. I feel so much better, still a little stuffy, but nothing major. So I did push myself, but only b/c I was being lazy about going. Yes, I seriously was and that kinda scared me!! :eek:

Hi Girls...

I did Cardio Core Circuit this morning. I did it the premix way, like I talked about yesterday. First the cardio only premix and then the core conditioning only premix. The cardio was HARD doing it all together, but not harder than any of the HiiTs. I think it was mentioned somewhere that this should really have been ON the HiiT DVD. It certainly qualifies! I did like doing the core stuff alone. In fact, the last 2 exercises, I rewound and did them over, because I missed a few reps trying to figure out the move. I liked being able to concentrate more on THE move itself.

Debbie: Great to hear you've found some good stretches to help you. The ab work on the MMA Boxing is pretty cool. I love the new-ish moves and with the weight too. The Cardio Core Circuit has VERY different ab moves. There is one where you keep your legs in the frog position on the floor and come up SLOWLY into a sit up with your hand behind your head. SOOOOO HARD, I can't believe how hard that is!

Roxie: I like that Burn & Firm Pilates workout!! Good one!

Heather: Glad you're feeling better, enough to work out yesterday. Good for you. Are the antibiotics kicking in and are you feeling better too? Or your'e just pushing yourself?

Nora: yes, awesome workout yesterday! Are you almost finishing up P90X?

Wendy: I've not done MMA Fusion yet. I should put that on my list for next week. Great going on Kickbox and the bike yesterday!

Going for a haircut today, AND our new dishwasher is coming!! YIPPEEEEE!!!

Roxie - Thanks on the abs. I knew I had to get them in! :)

Heather - Nice workout! Impressive on the weights, too! I know you didn't want to go, but you did very well! :cool:

Chris - That frog exercise was in the ab workout I did this morning too. At least I think it was. Nice going with your workout!

Anyone hear any more about Belinda? I wonder if they are keeping her in the hospital? Seems kind of unlikely that they would, she didn't even pass out.

Thanks Debbie! I really don't think that 140 is truly the weight I did on the squats though. I'm not sure how those machines are really calibrated. I know that they feel very different than free weights. I'm trying to figure out how you can do 85# for chest! Holy cow, 65 was really pushing it with the barbell. Now with DBs I can do 36.5. I feel like I have more movement or something (maybe that's bad...). I wish I could have gone heavier for curls, but I certainly didn't think about tossing my weighted gloves in the old gym bag (it's heavy enough).

Roxie - Thanks on the abs. I knew I had to get them in! :)

Heather - Nice workout! Impressive on the weights, too! I know you didn't want to go, but you did very well! :cool:

Chris - That frog exercise was in the ab workout I did this morning too. At least I think it was. Nice going with your workout!

Anyone hear any more about Belinda? I wonder if they are keeping her in the hospital? Seems kind of unlikely that they would, she didn't even pass out.

Hi girls!;)

I finished my workout today, and I did P90X StretchX and I love that one its so awesome!

Here's today's workout:

STS Cardio: MMA: Fusion= 50 Min
Calories burned= 512
Met= 7.50

This was tons of fun, I'd say even more so than MMA Kickbox. I did find some of the moves on the mat part of the dvd were a bit tricky for me. Still lots of fun!!

P90X-StretchX= 58 Min
Calories burned= 158

Total calories burned doing today's workouts= 670

Debbie- I'm so glad your feeling better. I was just going to suggest any yoga or P90X StretchX it even has lots of stretches for wrists, hamstrings, quads, the whole shebang which is really great. I personally perfer the StretchX to the YogaX. Keep on feeling great and loose muscle wise. Great workout today too btw. Oh, and I'm so thrilled you and your hubby are using and enjoying the cornpillows. They are so addictive. :)

Roxie- Hey great job with EB's videos, she's really good at pillates etc... Keep up the great job and its good to mix up your workout routine from week to week its what keeps it fun and something to lookforward too and keeps the boredom at bay. WTG Roxie!!:D;)

Heather- Wow! Nice job on the weights in your workout today!:eek: Thanks on the compliment yesterday I workout now mostly out of need to keep mobility first and foremost and habit. Yep, I made fitness a daily habit so that helps to keep me on track. I don't let myself have any excuses unless I'm unable to walk, or stand (due to MS symptoms acting up) or unable to leave the bathroom when I'm sick, other than that its a workout for me six days a week and sometimes I like to squeeze in a 7th on occasion. Once I turned my attitude around about fitness and made it a daily habit it really made it easier. I mean why not we can have bad habits why not make some good ones and get rid of the bad ones, right? Oh well, that's my view on it.

Chris- Great workout today! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Cardio Core Circuit from STS Shock Cardio. I'm doing Cardio Core Circuit-Premix-Express Circuit= 34 min and also tomorrow is P90X Coresynergistics too! So that should be a great butt kickin' or should I say Ab kickin' workout day for me. I'm in Week 8 of the 12 weeks/90 days of P90X. I like to mix in some of Cathe's new ones into the mix too because I like to double the calories burned, I know crazy, eh?:p

Wendy- I just wanted to say Hi, waves! Also I hope you had a great workout its so great how your DD will join in and workout with you, that's awesome! Take care!;)

Ok ladies that's it for me today. I hope you all get a great nights rest and have awesome workouts tomorrow making everyone feel like million bucks!;)

Hugs!;):cool:

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.