"CRAZY STRONG AND LOVING IT" for Feb 26, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning everyone,

Today I will do the last disc in Meso 2! Yeah! I made it through Meso 2:p I have a confession to make:p I am pretty much up there again with my weights:p I feel great! I still taking it easy on my back! Not doing deadlifts is helping! I think they did me in last time:confused: not sure if I mentioned it before ,I do leg curls instead.

I will be back to report my workout!

Take care,

TGIF! Today is going to be a rest day for me. I wasn't able to get the epsom salt bath in yesterday. May do that tomorrow after I workout though.

Nora - hope you get to feeling better! I love epsom baths. I always add in a lavender/vanilla bubble bath to it too. Ahhhhh.

Wendy - good job getting in the workout despite what's going on. Keep us posted about your mom please.

Chris - I'm tired thinking about your Double Shot workout! I don't have leaner legs. Is it one that's worth getting?

Roxie - how are you feeling today?

Debbie - looking forward to seeing your weights for the day. You always rock!

Belinda - have fun with your workout!!!

Good Morning,

Still not feeling great today I am going to work. I almost passed out in the bathroom and I feel like I could throwup. My throat feels like it full an my nose won't stop running.

Today's workout was the last total body for this rotation. Tomorrow I will do one last cardio workout and take a week if not more off. This body needs to repair itself.

Today was the same workout I did last Friday but in superset format. 3 sets of 12 reps with 90 seconds rest between each superset.

Had a kick ass workout.

SS #1
Barbell Preacher Curls - 60# (up 5#)
ss w/
Close Grip Bench Press - 75#
***Wow, very tough superset. Got all 12 reps w/ each superset but it was hard.

SS #2
Decline Dumbbell Flyes - 30's (up 2#)
ss w/
Dumbbell Pullovers - 37# (up 2#)
***Another brutal set. Chest was on fire.

SS #3
Leg Extensions - 85# (up 5#)
ss w/
Upright Rows - 57# (up 2#)
***Quads got a great burn and only got to 11 reps with the 2nd set of upright rows. All other sets I hit 12 reps. My shoulders are fried!

Then I did the Ab Work from Cathe's original Bootcamp workout. There are 10 exercises that you do for one minute each. Very tough. I need to do this ab routine more. Abs were burning.

Getting snowed in here. I need to go grocery shopping. Hope you all have a great day!

Good Morning,

I was sent home from work feeling alittle better will try an do 4ds KB later.

Debbie-good job getting those abs done.

I am done with Meso 2! Yeah! Doing the happy dance! I also did abs from Ab Hits " Power Circuit Planks/Step Heat" 10.5, my abs were burning! LOL!

Roxie, if you feel that bad, don't push yourself. Take it easy!

Debbie, you sure did had a kick ass workout today! I am so taking a recovery/rest week next week. My body need one too! Enjoy your rest week!

Heather, enjoy your rest day today! You deserve it! I may take a nice hot bath too!

Hi to everyone that drops in!

Holy Smokes!!! Way to end the rotation!

Today's workout was the last total body for this rotation. Tomorrow I will do one last cardio workout and take a week if not more off. This body needs to repair itself.

Today was the same workout I did last Friday but in superset format. 3 sets of 12 reps with 90 seconds rest between each superset.

Had a kick ass workout.

SS #1
Barbell Preacher Curls - 60# (up 5#)
ss w/
Close Grip Bench Press - 75#
***Wow, very tough superset. Got all 12 reps w/ each superset but it was hard.

SS #2
Decline Dumbbell Flyes - 30's (up 2#)
ss w/
Dumbbell Pullovers - 37# (up 2#)
***Another brutal set. Chest was on fire.

SS #3
Leg Extensions - 85# (up 5#)
ss w/
Upright Rows - 57# (up 2#)
***Quads got a great burn and only got to 11 reps with the 2nd set of upright rows. All other sets I hit 12 reps. My shoulders are fried!

Then I did the Ab Work from Cathe's original Bootcamp workout. There are 10 exercises that you do for one minute each. Very tough. I need to do this ab routine more. Abs were burning.

Getting snowed in here. I need to go grocery shopping. Hope you all have a great day!

Hey Everyone.... :)

This morning I did IMAX2. Kind of mish mosh. Intervals up to 6 , including the step of #6, but then skipped to 7 (i'm not the biggest fan of alternating fast feet on the end of the step). I think my total was 6 and 1/2 intervals! LOL!. Then I did Leaner Leg Abs. It's funny, the traditional ab work/crunches seem to give me some pretty decent DOMS in my ab muscles the next day. Like the functional stuff, the med ball, the stab. ball, the yoga/pilates stuff..nuthin'!

Oh, I added on 3/4's of StretchMax too. that felt so good! I do love to stretch.

Belinda: Congrats no finishing MESO 2!!!! I'm glad to hear you took it easy on your back. It's hard to limit ourselves when we're so used to pushing, right? Enjoy recovery week!!!!

Roxie: Oh my gosh, you sound so icky sick. Take care and don't push yourself if you're dizzy!! That's not good. You will just overwork your body and make it worse or longer to get better. :(

Debbie: Congrats on the weights today AND for finishing that kickass rotation!!! Good for you and good for you , too, for taking a good recovery week (or more!)

Heather: You really pushed on legs this week, huh? Those DOMS sound horrible!! Hope you get a nice bath in tonight?.... Actually, Leaner Legs would be worth it to get, for another good leg workout, BUT... it only comes with Cross Train Express. (as far as I know). Unless you get it on eBay used or something. I *like* CTX, but it's a little dated, and I don't find myself doing the dated Cathe workouts so much (even though they are really tough!).

Nora: I'm super SUPER impressed that you finished up P90X!!! CONGRATS!!!! Did you end up getting the P90X+ workouts? That Stretch one for an hour? sounds very nice!!! How are you feeling ? Still got the sinus thing?.... Thanks also for the mini review on Tracey Staehle's Kickbox Challenge. Between you and Debbie raving about it, I ended up ordering it this morning at amazon!! (I had a gift certificate to use up!). It didn't have free shipping, but I paid extra to get it. I'm looking forward to it!!!

Wendy: Sorry about your mom :( At least they are able to fix her up before something bad happened. Heart disease is such a silent disease. I mean, you can LOOK so healthy on the outside, and be so sick on the inside. How old is your mom? You said she goes to the gym and works out still? ... Hope she gets to go home soon. You're a good daughter for taking the time off to stay with her. I'm sure she appreciates it a LOT!

Hi girls~;)

I thought I'd check in early again, I finished today's workout earlier but didn't have time to sitdown and check in until now.

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 3= 42 Minutes:D
Distance= 3.53 miles:)
Calories burned= 537:eek:

P90X Core Synergistics= 57 min
Calories burned= 545
This is a great workout and a nice way to change up ab work, this was fun! This is my last official P90X DVD day. Tomorrow is the actually last day of my 90 days with P90X, I'm supposed to do Yoga X but that's 90 minutes and that's too long for me. I'll either do 60 minutes worth of Yoga X or do Baron Baptiste Power of Strength Power yoga 60 minute dvd. I haven't decided yet.

Total calories burned from today's workout= 1082:eek::cool:

Belinda- Congrats on finishing STS Meso 2:eek::D Awesome job!!! I know what you mean about deadlifts, they hurt my back when I do them too. I have found on Cathe's new "Travel Fit" band workout that she does them with the band and that didn't hurt and made me focus more on my form and I liked that. Its good that doing leg curls is a substitute for the deadlifts, I'd never have thought of that, good for you.

Heather- good for you taking friday as your rest from workout day. I'm sure your legs will thank you for it. Its good to take a rest day or two to let your body fully repair and recover.

Roxie- I'm sorry your still feeling awful. I have to say I'm sick and right there with ya on the sinus and throat issues. I'm still trying to make it though that stuff. I hate being sick. I hope you feel better soon. Its scary about the dizziness, I had a dizzy spell today out at costco with my son. I was able to keep from fainting though. Get well Roxie, and get plenty of rest.;)

Debbie- Once again amazing job with your workouts, weights, abs. I hear ya about taking a week off. Tomorrow is my last day with P90X Rotation and I'm done then with the 90 days! I will do yoga tomorrow and maybe a cardio workout, not sure yet. I will try to take a week off from working out next week, but it will be hard.

Wendy- sorry to hear about your mom, but its awesome she has you to help her. I wish her well, and you too!;)

That's it for me tonight, girls. Have a great night and I'll seeya tomorrow at our usual check in.

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.