Crazy strong and loving it for April 9, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Not sure what I will do today? How do you train for a 10 miler? Never ran a race or that far:confused: I don't have a clue on how to train?

Debbie, hope you feeling better by Monday. You gonna be doing the rotation with me on Monday:D

Congrats to Heather and Jessica! You will have a blast at the RT!

Happy Friday!

Just a quick check in! Went for a 3 mile run + 1 mile walk with DH! My weight is still going down:eek::p keep going down, baby:p:p so far I lost 10 lb since starting M3. I still keep tracking until Sunday! I have 2 pieces of chocolate every day since a month now, I don't get it?

I will be back later to catch up on persoanls!

So I woke up during the night for my son's sugar checks and my hips were SOOOOO tight and sore! But this morning, just some DOMS. What is up with that???? It's weird. Anyways, today is Cardio and Weights. I'm minusing the abs though, and will do them tomorrow....

Belinda: Runners World magazine has some AWESOME articles on how to train for races. I bet you could find it online too. VERY cool about the weight loss! I want some of what you're having!! ;)

Nora and Roxie: Great workouts last night!!!!

BBL!!!

Oh, and have you heard about Chalene's new Turbo Fire workouts? I got this in an email yesterday. I'm soooooo getting them . They're supposed to be HiiT-like!

"......I have a bit of
info about Chalene's new Turbo Fire Workout.

We know that it will be released next month... In May.

Chalene is traveling down to the big Beachbody conference
in California this month to help with the big release.

The workout is looking like it will be a 10 DVD set and possibly
a 15 DVD set for the Deluxe version... YEAH BABY!!!!

We have seen some clips of the workout and let me tell you...
this workout is going to be HIGH ENERGY and FAST!"

TGIF!!! Yesterday turned out to be an awesome day. Jessica already posted the good news - I'll be heading to the RT. I'm sooooo excited. Is it weird to be excited to go exercise for a weekend knowing I'll be getting my a$$ kicked??? LOL.

This morning I was up early and decided to do just a short bit (the first 2 combos) of MMA Boxing and the abs from that disc. It was nice to do something to just get moving. Nothing high intensity or anything. Didn't even break a sweat, but that's ok. DH and I are planning on running at lunch today.

Belinda - I saw your post about prepping for the race, I agree with Chris' suggestion. I am sure there are forums and such too if you search.

So I'm sure you will all think I'm just being lazy now, but I've decided to take the next three days off. My neck is finally feeling better, no spasms this morning and I want to keep it that way. I was going to do some cardio but I am eating really well this week and feel good about myself. So I'm not going to stress about workouts and will start a new rotation on Monday.

I'm thinking of writing up a "Get Ready for Summer" rotation that I do every year for the forum. I think I'm going to do this rotation starting on Monday and not the one I was doing. That one seemed to not like me. LOL! So if I do make one up I'll get it posted by Sunday. Belinda, maybe you'll want to do that rotation instead?

Debbie - I would never in a million years think you were being lazy.

So I'm sure you will all think I'm just being lazy now, but I've decided to take the next three days off. My neck is finally feeling better, no spasms this morning and I want to keep it that way. I was going to do some cardio but I am eating really well this week and feel good about myself. So I'm not going to stress about workouts and will start a new rotation on Monday.

I'm thinking of writing up a "Get Ready for Summer" rotation that I do every year for the forum. I think I'm going to do this rotation starting on Monday and not the one I was doing. That one seemed to not like me. LOL! So if I do make one up I'll get it posted by Sunday. Belinda, maybe you'll want to do that rotation instead?

Good Morning,

Thighs and glutes are really tight after last nights workout. Tonite will be a walk and then SJP step only with 1 set of risers. The fitness center has and ab machine and inner and outer thigh machine how heavy should I set these for my first time? Its suppose to be in the 70's here today but again the wind is suppose to gust to 25mph I don't know why we can't have a warm day without the wind.

Belinda-congrats on the wt. loss.

Heather-congrats on getting to go on the rt I would love to do that.

Debbie-if you are lazy then I am a slough. I would love a get ready for summer rotation. Glad to hear the shoulder is better.

Chris-hope the hips feel better. Looked at Turbo Fire clips but they really don't show a whole lot of the workouts just Chalene talking and fast views, it looks interesting though and a good companion to CLX.

Roxie - same thing here. Temps go up and so do the winds. Really annoying. I really don't know what to tell you on the setting. Just pick something and test it. You may have to play around until you figure it out.

Good Morning,

Thighs and glutes are really tight after last nights workout. Tonite will be a walk and then SJP step only with 1 set of risers. The fitness center has and ab machine and inner and outer thigh machine how heavy should I set these for my first time? Its suppose to be in the 70's here today but again the wind is suppose to gust to 25mph I don't know why we can't have a warm day without the wind.

Belinda-congrats on the wt. loss.

Heather-congrats on getting to go on the rt I would love to do that.

Debbie-if you are lazy then I am a slough. I would love a get ready for summer rotation. Glad to hear the shoulder is better.

Chris-hope the hips feel better. Looked at Turbo Fire clips but they really don't show a whole lot of the workouts just Chalene talking and fast views, it looks interesting though and a good companion to CLX.

Hey ladies. I'm a grump today. :(

Partly due to an annoying convo I had at work and partly (I think) due to today being a rest day and I just HATE resting. It's awful and unhealthy I know, but I can't help myself. I just feel "off" when I don't workout in the morning, or have one planned for after work. I do have a Kick practice scheduled for tonight but somehow I think it'll be less practice and more talking/catching up with our fitness director than anything else, which I'm NOT in the mood for.

Blah. I'll be back in a bit for personals. Just venting. You'd think I'd still be on cloud nine after yesterday's RT news (which I'm still psyched about), but I am SUCH a grouch, ack! Someone slap it out of me!!

Roxie - same thing here. Temps go up and so do the winds. Really annoying. I really don't know what to tell you on the setting. Just pick something and test it. You may have to play around until you figure it out.

Heather-I just don't want to over do it like I did the elliptical.

Hey ladies. I'm a grump today. :(

Partly due to an annoying convo I had at work and partly (I think) due to today being a rest day and I just HATE resting. It's awful and unhealthy I know, but I can't help myself. I just feel "off" when I don't workout in the morning, or have one planned for after work. I do have a Kick practice scheduled for tonight but somehow I think it'll be less practice and more talking/catching up with our fitness director than anything else, which I'm NOT in the mood for.

Blah. I'll be back in a bit for personals. Just venting. You'd think I'd still be on cloud nine after yesterday's RT news (which I'm still psyched about), but I am SUCH a grouch, ack! Someone slap it out of me!!

Jessica-we all have those days so feel free to vent. Maybe you could do a stretch or some kind of yoga just to do something and make yourself feel better.

Jessica-we all have those days so feel free to vent. Maybe you could do a stretch or some kind of yoga just to do something and make yourself feel better.

Thanks Roxie. I know you're right. I wish I could go home and do that very thing right now but alas, I'm stuck at a job that I hate (how's that for a pity party for one??). I'm fine, really, just annoyed that I'm in such a mood!! It's Friday, I should be thrilled regardless, right??

Thanks Roxie. I know you're right. I wish I could go home and do that very thing right now but alas, I'm stuck at a job that I hate (how's that for a pity party for one??). I'm fine, really, just annoyed that I'm in such a mood!! It's Friday, I should be thrilled regardless, right??

Jessica-I understand about not liking your job most of the time mine sucks but there are days when its not so bad, and just because its Friday doesn't mean you have to be in a good mood.

Jessica-I understand about not liking your job most of the time mine sucks but there are days when its not so bad, and just because its Friday doesn't mean you have to be in a good mood.

Thank you Roxie, you already made me feel better :) As did Heather who Facebook IM'ed me. You ladies are fab!

Hi girls,

Debbie, glad to hear your are taking it easy. Sooooo what are you cooking up for Sunday, Miss Debbie?:p:eek: I can't wait to see that one. I did the "Get ready for the Summer" before and loved it. Are you using the STS DVD's? Mmm.....

Nora, I am suprised your knees can handle Insanity! Glad you still enjoy it! Your workouts rock, girl!

Roxie,thanks! LOL! Nice job last night! You have to play with those machines in the gym, you get the hang soon.

Chris, nice job on your run and PS Legs yesterday.Thanks Chris, I will check out RW!

Wendy, we having crapy weather here too. One day it's nice, the next it's cold:rolleyes: I ran outside today and it was cold. Have fun in Austin and working out with the girl you met in DS. Nice job on Circuit Blast then AC Med Ball abs yesterday.

High fives, Chris on your 80 min workout yesterday! LOL, how are your legs after that workout:p Enjoy C&W today.

Jessica, you can vent anytime, girl! Sorry about your job!

I will try to be back later with personals, if not I will see you in the AM!

Hi everyone. Checking back in. DH and I ran at lunch. The weather was really nice. Funny that I didn't think it was windy until I started running though. LOL. Speaking of, I totally sucked wind today. I was so sure it was going to be this fantastic, easy breezy run. Nope. It was not the worst, but certainly not the best. Oh well, got it done and enjoyed being outside of work for a bit. Every little bit helps right??!!

I hope everyone is having a good day or that their day is at least improving!!

Hi girls!;)

I'm just stopping by to check in I don't have time just now to do personals but I plan to be back to do personals in a little while.

here's today's workout:

Insanity- Pure Cardio= 40 Minutes
Calories burned= 601
Met Value= 11.0
This was super fun but very very tough, I'd say that its like Cathe's HiiT just bumped up a few more notches. Its tough but so much fun and you feel great afterwards. I really am enjoying it and I'm so suprised because I was really scared of trying this one dreading any knee injuries but I added the puzzle mats to my workout room for added cushioning and shock absorbtion and I have good shoes and I wear my knee braces. I guess I'm being really protective taking those measures but I'm enjoying the workout so its all worth it. I guess you could say I'm an Insane Cathelete with Turbo Fired anticipated fitness goals. LOL!!!

KCM- 30 Min to Fitness- Muscle Definition Workout #2= 34 Min plus adding on 11 min for ab work= 45 Min
Calories burned= 369
This was fun had a few different moves than what I've done before weight training wise, it was easy to do interms of equipment just two pairs of dumbells and later you use the step but as a prop not to do stepping. I liked this and felt for the little amount of time I got a decent workout. I like KCM and enjoy having all six of the 30 minutes to fitness dvds, great for those time crunch workout days.

Ok, girls I'll be back later for personals. Have a awesome Friday!;):eek:

Hugs!

Nora

Good Evening,

I did go for a walk but the kids came over and brought supper and then their friends came over so we drank beer and played pool.

Stats:
33 min
31 in the zone
136 min hr
151 max hr
209 cals burned. Walked 2 miles.

Nora-I like KCMs Muscle Definition in fact thats the one I am doing tomarrow.

Hi girls!

I just typed all my personals then hit a control key and it all disappeared. I hate that! Anyways, my hand is too numb to type it all again so suffice to say you all rock!

Chris- sorry you had a rough time sleeping last night. C+W's is a great workout and I'm sure you nailed it. I think I subscribe to a similar newsletter and it talked about Turbo Fire being released in May! I'm so pysched for that I can't even wait I hear its supposed to be something like Insanity meets Turbo Jam so that just means off the charts awesome fun and a must have in my book. May's my birthday so I'm trying desperately to save the money for Turbo Fire! I can't wait!!!!:eek::cool: Thanks for sharing the info from the newsletter. have a great weekend.;):)

Debbie- Get lots of rest and have a great weekend. I can't wait to see what the rotation you come up with is like. I mean I know it will be fun and awesome so it will be a treat to see it.

Wendy- Hi, did you see that awesome sunshine today, I mean did I imagine it? LOL!! I hope you're having an awesome TGIF and a great workout today.

Belinda- Awesome workout for you today with your 3mile run and 1 mile walk with your hubby. I'd check out www.runnersworld.com for any and all info about running everything from running shoes to training for specific races. I hope you find what you need there. Hugs to you for wanting to train for a 10K! ^^^5's.

Jessica- I'm sorry your having a grumpy day, it happens to the best of us. You lucky girl to get to go on RT. I'm so happy for you and envious, I'm sure that butt kicking will put a smile back on your face. Have a great time and say hi to Heather.

Heather- Ok, you know I'm totally envious of you and Jessica getting in on the RT I know you'll have a awesome time. Just remember no matter what Cathe always gets ya good, and you can do anything for a minute!

Roxie- You inspired me to dig out my Turbo Jam Ab Jam and add that to tomorrow's planned workout. I hope your having a great Friday and a fun workout today. Get lots of rest and take care.

I think that's everyone. I'm sorry if I missed anyone if I did it was purely by accident. I gotta go, I'll see ya all at tomorrow's check in. ;):)

Hugs and safe trip to our lucky Road trippers Jessica and Heather!:cool::)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.