Crazy Strong and Loving it for April 7, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

DH wants to go to the gym again today:confused: I am super tired, I will see! We also need to take the dogs to the vet, they need their shots! Today gonna be busy!

Have a great workout and day everyone! BBL!

Today I did cardio again. Just want to get a few workouts in this week. Pinch is almost gone, I feel a lot better today even after my workout. I'm planning on starting my Leg Blast rotation totally over again starting on Monday. Hopefully I won't get side-lined this time.

I chose Step Moves and had a really good workout. That is one fun workout when you learn all the steps. I think one more time and I'll have it down. It came to me much easier today then the first time I did it. I was sweating buckets!

HR STATS:
45 minutes total
2 minutes below zone
12 minutes in zone
32 minutes above zone
375 calories burned

Good Morning,

Not sure what workout I am going to do today its suppose to rain and only be in the 50s so I might go to the fitness center and do some Treadclimbing or Elliptical still need to do wts., for some reason I am just not motivated to do wts anymore like Debbie is with Cardio.

Debbie-help me get out of this wt funk. Glad to see you got a workout in today and happy to hear you are feeling better.

Belinda-wish I could DH to the gym with me.

Hi ladies. I got up and punched and kicked my way into Hump Day with KPC and abs. Not sure what I did differently, but I burned way more calories with that workout than normal. Maybe it was b/c I was a bit peeved with DH and was taking it out with my workout LOL!

Debbie - glad to hear that you enjoyed step moves. It's at least a shorter workout too so it's got less of a dread factor in my mind.

Belinda - should it be a rest day for you?

Roxie - good job with your walk last night. Hope you enjoy the gym this eve.

Nora - thanks for the Insanity review! I really need to get the puzzle mats for my little gym room.

Hi Chris, Jessica, and Wendy!! Happy Hump Day!

Hi ladies! Its gorgeous out today, supposed to hit 80 if you can believe it. Can you guess who has a major itch for a run after work? If I can stay energized, it just may happen this time. :)

I'm pretty spent today though -last night at my sister's Kick video assessment, I went ALL out and was totally drenched at the end of class. Didn't help that it was like a sauna in the room, I seriously have never sweat like that before! My sis did GREAT so thank you for all the encouragement, she rocked it. I'm so proud!

I was going to get up and do Power at the gym but it's at 5:15 on Wednesdays so when the alarm hit 4:40, I just couldn't do it. I whipped out an STS meso 1 workout instead at a more reasonable hour of 5:30 and it went really well. I pushed myself to choose heavier weights than I'd normally gravitate towards and lemme tell ya, blow drying my hair was difficult once again. Ouch ;)

Heather - nice job on the extra calorie burn!! Sometimes a little added "motivation" totally does the trick ;)

Debbie - glad your neck is feeling better! I have yet to try step moves and need to start practicing again given the road trip that I MUST get into when registration opens on Thurs!!

Belinda - awesome that your DH is your gym buddy, I love working out with Scott, he makes it fun :)

Roxie - maybe you need to try something TOTALLY different for a workout to re-energize/re-motivate yourself? Or maybe you just need a good rest day??

Hey Everyone!

Had a busy morning, First my mammogram (not so bad really, except for the oddness of a stranger touching my boob), and then ran to Walmart and the grocery store . Seemed like I got behind EVERY person doing 25 mph though!!

I got home and COULD NOT restrain myself. It was in the low 70's (Now it's 85!!!) and the park was hopping when I went by. So I went there and did a 30 minute run. Definitely harder to run when my body is not quite used to this temperature.

Came home to my VERY cool inside house, and did ME (minus the abs I did yesterday). WOOT WOOT!

Belinda: Hope the gym went well! and the doggies were good at the doctors!

Debbie: Glad your neck is feeling better. SM *IS* fun!

Roxie: Have you thought about doing one body part a day? I really enjoyed doing that and it was SO different for weight work. and you can do cardio too!

Heather: You must have REALLY been punching and kicking to burn extra!!! Glad you enjoyed KPC!. I was a little surprised to see PS Legs on my schedule for tomorrow after I did ME today. Do you think that's ok to do legs twice like that?

Jessica: I understand your urge to run! Hope you find the energy!! (Somehow I think you will). Glad your sis did well last night. It sounds like a torturous workout to be so hot in there and to sweat so much!

Nora: You burned an ABSURD amount of calories yesterday!!!! You must be down to skin and bones there !!! Keep talking about the Insanity. I'm very intrigued by it!

*waves* to Wendy!!!

Chris - you're asking ME if I think it's ok when you ran AND did ME??? From one crazy to another, I would say it's probably OK as ME is more endurance and I don't remember the legs being the focus on that workout so much as upper body. Of course, you may wait and see how you feel in the morning.
Hey Everyone!

Had a busy morning, First my mammogram (not so bad really, except for the oddness of a stranger touching my boob), and then ran to Walmart and the grocery store . Seemed like I got behind EVERY person doing 25 mph though!!

I got home and COULD NOT restrain myself. It was in the low 70's (Now it's 85!!!) and the park was hopping when I went by. So I went there and did a 30 minute run. Definitely harder to run when my body is not quite used to this temperature.

Came home to my VERY cool inside house, and did ME (minus the abs I did yesterday). WOOT WOOT!

Belinda: Hope the gym went well! and the doggies were good at the doctors!

Debbie: Glad your neck is feeling better. SM *IS* fun!

Roxie: Have you thought about doing one body part a day? I really enjoyed doing that and it was SO different for weight work. and you can do cardio too!

Heather: You must have REALLY been punching and kicking to burn extra!!! Glad you enjoyed KPC!. I was a little surprised to see PS Legs on my schedule for tomorrow after I did ME today. Do you think that's ok to do legs twice like that?

Jessica: I understand your urge to run! Hope you find the energy!! (Somehow I think you will). Glad your sis did well last night. It sounds like a torturous workout to be so hot in there and to sweat so much!

Nora: You burned an ABSURD amount of calories yesterday!!!! You must be down to skin and bones there !!! Keep talking about the Insanity. I'm very intrigued by it!

*waves* to Wendy!!!

Chris - you're asking ME if I think it's ok when you ran AND did ME??? From one crazy to another, I would say it's probably OK as ME is more endurance and I don't remember the legs being the focus on that workout so much as upper body. Of course, you may wait and see how you feel in the morning.

I find it hysterical that we're calling eachother out for our crazy workouts. This latest reply cracks me up. Just sayin'. :)

PS. Ran out to starbucks just now while at work and cannot GET OVER how gorgeous and warm it is out. Can't wait to get out of work to enjoy it!!

Jessica - I do believe I told you that you'd like this group :p

Have fun with your run after work. It's starting to storm here. Ick.

I find it hysterical that we're calling eachother out for our crazy workouts. This latest reply cracks me up. Just sayin'. :)

PS. Ran out to starbucks just now while at work and cannot GET OVER how gorgeous and warm it is out. Can't wait to get out of work to enjoy it!!

LOL @ Heather and Jessica!

Of course, I'm asking you crazy people for your opinions! I think I want to hear YES so I can blame it all on you (even though I'm so sure I'm going to do it anyways). Actually, tomorrow calls for PS Legs AND a 20 minute run. *EVIL laugh!!*

Seriously? Maybe Cathe is crazier than I suspected! LOL. Really crank it up and do some hill repeats :eek:

LOL @ Heather and Jessica!

Of course, I'm asking you crazy people for your opinions! I think I want to hear YES so I can blame it all on you (even though I'm so sure I'm going to do it anyways). Actually, tomorrow calls for PS Legs AND a 20 minute run. *EVIL laugh!!*

I can do the stair repeats at the park! up and down up and down!

*light bulb* idea!

But then I'm thinking, what if my legs are broken tomorrow w/ DOMS???? HA!

Chris-I love the idea of doing one body part aday but unlike you guys I don't have a clue how to break that up and what dvds to use.

;Hi girls!:D

I'll just check in for now and be back later with personals.

Here's today's workout:

Insanity- Cardio Power Resistance= 40 Min
Calories burned= 601
Once again, this was hard and I sweated buckets but it was fun! Insanity is Insane and its lots of cardio drills and like HiiT the first time you do it you think your heart is going to burst through your chest but it does get easier and you feel like a million bucks when your through. I feel like I just did an olympics! LOL!! Ok, well as close as I can get to it anyways. So, I've done day three of Insanity and lived to tell the tale. :eek:

Muscle Max- Timesaver premix= 56min
Calories burned= 459
I was pretty spent after this because I did Insanity then this one. Phew! Good stuff though! Good thing I didn't do my 2 mile run today before Insanity like I'd originally thought, now that would've been insane!

Ok, girls I'll be back later with personals. Have a great workout and fun day! :)

Hugs! ;)

Nora

Chris-I love the idea of doing one body part aday but unlike you guys I don't have a clue how to break that up and what dvds to use.

Roxie: Debbie has 2 rotations with one body part a day. here are the links:

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236072

and

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236563

and this is Cathe's. A little more "freestyle" which i thought was kind of cool. You could do it at the gym!

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235981

Roxie - I think you could pick any of the DVDs you might have and just do the work for that muscle. You may have to repeat it depending on the DVD. Or just choose 3 exercises for the muscle and do 3 sets of 10-12 reps.

Examples:
Bicep curls
Hammer curls
Zottoman curls

Kickbacks
Overhead DB extension
Weighted dips

Good Evening,

I ended up doing 3T Totally Tubular from Turbo Jam, there was also abs in this workout so I have worked my abs 2 days this week.

Stats:
32 min
9 in the zone
117 min hr
157 max hr
152 cals burned.

Thanks for the rotations Chris.

Nora-awesome workout as usual I need to push myself like you do.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.