"Crazy Strong and Loving It!" for April 6"

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I had a great time with my sisters. The weather was in the 60's, couldn't ask for more :DYesterday we took the dogs (we took the dogs with us)for a long 1 1/2 hour walk.

I am still not feeling better, my nose is keeping me up from 1:30 a.m to 5;30 a.m, every night, same crap!I haven't slept through the night in over a week. I still can't breath through my nose. If it isn't my stuffy nose that keeps me up at night, it's my try mouth! WTH! So I drink lots of water, which keeps running to the bathroom half the night. I am taking meds since Thursday, today is Monday. To top things off my throat is hurting now; hope it's not anther infection I will go to an ENT doctor today, I am tired playing around. I wanna run so badly, I miss it. I have one more week left, with meso 1 (I am doing the 6 month rotation) than I get a recovery week. If I stop now, I have to start meso 1 from the beginning again. I don't wanna do that I really would like to finish meso 1.

Have a great workout and day, everyone!

Hey Belinda! Glad you enjoyed your visit and got out for a nice long walk. It sounds like you have a serious sinus infection maybe? How frustrating!

Good weekend here- weather was decent and we took the kids to the park both days. I taught DD the concept of racing so she and I ran all over the place. :) She is going to be able to outrun me in a very short time. :eek:

I have been missing another leg workout every week in Meso 1 so I did the first plyo leg routine from Meso 3 yesterday. I wanted to try it and since I'm doing the squat rack routines in Meso 3 I figured why not? Wow, what a workout! Glad it was only 45 minutes because I was done!

I did STS Disc 7 this morning- chest, shoulders and biceps. I need to go back and read Cathe's check in on this one because it kicked my BUTT! The pushups were endless. I'm glad I have another crack at it next week (I think).

I received my GoWearFit in the mail on Saturday night so I've been enjoying playing with it. I burned 2971 calories yesterday! True it was a busy day- Target, Old Navy, grocery store, park and then a workout. But wow, that made me happy.

Have a great day everyone!

Today was Chest and I had an ok workout. Could not get my HR up during the weight training part. Kind of pissed me off. I changed exercises and I'm thinking I hsould have kept the pushups in. I may add them back in next week.

Yesterday I wasn't feeling good at all. Had a horrible headache, my stomach was turning all day and I had the chills. Luckily I feel fine today. I was afraid I was coming down with something.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

CHEST
Barbell Bench Press:
50# - 8 sets/11-9 reps
***These got hard around sets 5-8.

Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
15's - 8 sets/10-9 reps
***Right shoulder was clicking. I hate that.

Incline Dumbbell Press:
22's - 8 sets/11-9 reps
***Felt these, they were burning.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
15's - 8 sets/10-9 reps
***My chest felt really pumped by this time. Felt great!

Then I got on my treadmill for 20 minutes. Goal was to jog 1 mile and that's what I did.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 1 minute
8 minutes below zone
42 minutes in zone
11 minutes above zone
443 clalories burned
1.25 miles travelled

That is all....

Good Morning,

I think I am going to do Chalene Extreme because the workouts are only 30-40 mins which I think until things settle down they will work better.

Debbie-please read Sat 4ths checkin.

Everone have a good day.

Good morning ladies. I did Disc 19 this morning which had the double wave loading. That was interesting! Alot of messing with the weights so I'm glad I ordered a 2nd set of pace weights! I'm starting to just now feel some DOMS in my lower back from Friday's workout.

Belinda-have you tried using a Breathe Right strip on your nose at night? I swear by those things when I have a head cold because they really help me!

Have a good day.

Bev

Roxie - Please don't feel that way. I'm sorry if I've been hard on you, I just want you to see results and the only way to see results is consistency. That's all. Please post when you workout. I promise I'll keep my opinions to myself! ;)

Bev - I just finished the same disc as you this morning. Painful. I use 50# barbell for the presses and by the end I can barely get it up to even start the exercise.

I noticed over the period of doing STS that I have a weak right side. My right shoulder always seems week when doing Flys - and this morning my right elbow was just not taking those tricep exercises. (where as my left arm was like "I can make it!") Does anyone else have a stronger/weaker side? I'm just wondering what I can do to catch it up to the left side. I had to back off on some of the heavier weights today so that my right side could finish them. Grr...

Karen-I have the same darn problem with my one side being weaker. I had impingement in my right shoulder a few years ago and still have major pain in there if I try to go too heavy on flys and shoulder work. I really backed off today on my chest work because I would LOVE to have some shoulder definition and wanted to have the strength to push on those sets.

Do you have major DOMS in your lower back today????????

Bev

Debbie-I don't mind your opinions I like your encouragement I just wish I had your dedication. I would also like some suggestions on what to do next.

Bev - My lower back does hurt today - funny you asked. It doesn't really feel like doms though - it feels like a "i lifted something too heavy" kind of pain instead. I think I'm going to do the extended stretch before I go to bed. Thats my only gripe about STS - I wish there was a actual stretch incorporated into the end of the workout instead of a 15+ minute stretch. I never have time to do it. :(

Checking in -

Did S&H bi's and tri's today after work. I'm glad to be back in a heavy rotation.
I sure do feel for you, Belinda. Being sick is no fun.
Karen, my left tricep always fails first on, say, lying dumbbell extensions. And on that topic, does anyone know......Let's say we just did barbell curls. Now we're going to concentration curls. If my left side is weaker, should I immediately do left first to continue the work load. Or do right, letting the left rest, then maybe add more reps to the left side? I've heard adding more reps, so I guess I'm asking if continuing the workload on the weak arm first has any benefit...???? Hmm...??
All right, enjoy your evening!

Good evening ladies!;)

I'm just checking in.... Sorry, that your not feeling better Belinda. Just thinking about you and what make you feel better. Have you tried steam that can help open sinuses and maybe salt water type nasal spray that helps me when I've had nasty sinus infections before. Its low tech and cheap, it could be worth a try to help you to breathe and sleep. Take care;)

Today's workout:

CCV3= 47 min
Calories burned= 578
Distance= 3.53 miles
Warm-up & 1st Steady State= 8 min approx. BPM 117-126= 65%-70% of MHR
Challenge 1 - 6 min. BPM= 135-144= 75% beginning finishing at 80% of MHR.
Challenge 2 - 10 min. BPM= 144-152= 80% to 85% of MHR.
Steady State 2 -3 min. BPM= 130 = a little above 70% of MHR.
Challenge 2- 10 min. BPM= 144-153 = 80% up to 85% of MHR.
Steady State 2 - 3min. BPM= 129 = 70% of MHR
Challenge 3- 3 min. BPM=156-159= 85% + approaching not reaching 90%.
Ending Steady -4:30 I chose to jog at a medium intensity to challenge myself. BPM= 150 = 80% + of MHR
Steady State 3 - 7 min. I continued my jog to up my mileage and calorie burn for 3 more min @150 BPM. Remaining 2 min I walked at a brisk pace as my heart rate decreased to a cool down pace.
Stretch- 5:30 min

STS-Disc #19-Chest, Shoulders, and Tri's= 69 min
Calories burned= 536
Wow! I loved the waveloading. It showed me two things. 1, that I'm able to go up in my current weight selections and 1RM percentages. 2, this showed me that I'm stronger than what I originally figured now looking back at my 1RM. So, its definitely working.:) The only thing that did seem to be a problem for me was the Prone Incline Flys. I have two benches from the firm for the long ones (the Transfirmer) I have the long boxes and the short high steps from them. I used the long ones for the prones and found that I could not lift the weights at all from a prone position. I moved to a chair and did those seated bent at the waist forward and had no problem doing my weight. I had to modifiy things to make it work. I figured it still works the same muscle groups right? I hope that was ok. I didn't want to opt out of doing an exercise.

10 Minute Solution Pilates on the ball- Abs only= 10 min
Calories burned= 55

That's it for me today! We had a really awesome sunny warm spring day here in Oregon today with a gentle spring breeze temp 70 degrees, good stuff.:)

I hope everyone had a great workout today. Belinda, I really hope you give my suggestion a try in hopes that it will give you some relief at least. Hang in there kiddo. Don't worry about running right now. Just try to get well. I hope the antibiotics would be kicking in for you.

See ya all for tomorrow's check in. Hugs!;)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.