Crazy strong and loving it for April 6, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I have no time for personals right now, will try to came back later;)

Yesterday after lunch, I did walked my dogs for 45 min! DH and I wanted to go to the gym at night, since it was a German Holiday the gym closed at 8 pm. DH didn't come home until 7 PM:confused: So we ended up walking the dogs for 1 1/2 hour in the evening.

Today we will go to the gym this afternoon. I also plan on doing Stott Pilates Core Balance, had the DVD for years never done it. Looks pretty good.

After lunch I have an hair appointment! Off to get busy! See you later!

Good morning girls,

I am done with my abs, dog walk and hair cut! My ipod is charging, I will go to the gym shortly. I liked the Scott Pilates Ab dvd(50min), it wasn't the same ab wo you see in other dvd's.

I will be back with personals later!

I was wide awake this morning so I did the 1st 3 combos from LIC Cardio Only Premix then stretched. I think I'll do my weights at lunch today.

Belinda - did your dogs just zonk out all night with all that walking??? Mine would sleep for days (well, one of them anyway).

Roxie - good job adding in another riser.

Chris - sounds like a good rotation and YAY on a run.

Nora - I love PH, haven't done it in ages though. So curious to hear your thoughts on Insanity. I'd love to get my hands on that one :eek:

Hi Debbie, Jessica and Wendy!

Good Morning Girls!

It's supposed to be another nice day here today, sunnny, 70's. On the rotation is the original Imax, but I'm going to switch up a bit. I'm going to do IM2, intervals 1-6ish, and then for part 2, go to the park for a run. Probably will concentrate on stair intervals and hills.

Belinda: Sounds like a good and different workout for today! I think I have a few Stott Pilates DVDs. Your dogs must love when you walk them so much! Are you on recovery/rest week this week? Are you planning on doing a rotation or just winging it?

Heather: It's a great feeling to be energized and wanting to work out in early am! Glad you got something in. What are you doing for weights today? And I've meant to ask you, did you make up a rotation for this month yourself? What is the focus?

Nora: So you liked the Insanity workout? That stuff looks crazy!!! But I bet the HiiTs get you geared up for it. Nice job yesterday!!!

I'm helping out in Jake's class today, so my workout will come later...

So no workout today again. Still have a pinch in my neck and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Every evening for the last 3 days I feel fine, can turn my head side to side, no pain or pinch. Then when I wake up its back. So it looks like I won't be lifting this week either. I'll do some cardio tomorrow if it's not too bad.

Had a great time yesterday in Amish County. The weather was absolutely perfect. Couldn't have asked for a better day. My eating was even good. Had grilled chicken with sweet potatoe fries. I know, the fries aren't too good but I can't pass those up when we go there. Ate on plan for the rest of the day.

Be back later for personals if I have the time. Hope you are all doing well!

Chris - I am doing another 8 week rotation similar to the Total Body Rotation that Debbie and I both did a few months back. I have switched it up just a bit to focus more on legs twice a week though.

Good Morning Girls!

It's supposed to be another nice day here today, sunnny, 70's. On the rotation is the original Imax, but I'm going to switch up a bit. I'm going to do IM2, intervals 1-6ish, and then for part 2, go to the park for a run. Probably will concentrate on stair intervals and hills.

Belinda: Sounds like a good and different workout for today! I think I have a few Stott Pilates DVDs. Your dogs must love when you walk them so much! Are you on recovery/rest week this week? Are you planning on doing a rotation or just winging it?

Heather: It's a great feeling to be energized and wanting to work out in early am! Glad you got something in. What are you doing for weights today? And I've meant to ask you, did you make up a rotation for this month yourself? What is the focus?

Nora: So you liked the Insanity workout? That stuff looks crazy!!! But I bet the HiiTs get you geared up for it. Nice job yesterday!!!

I'm helping out in Jake's class today, so my workout will come later...

Good Morning,

The weather is beautiful here so I plan on going for a walk tonite and then some wt. work thinking PP and then abs definetly need to be a big focus this month.

Belinda-good job with your workout.

Chris-enjoy your workout sounds like a tough one.

Debbie-sorry to hear you are still having problems and I thought sweet potatoe fries weren't that bad for you?

Heather-wish I could wake up energized and get a morning workout in then I wouldn't have to worry about interruptions.

Hallo,

I am back from the gym:rolleyes: My legs are like jello! All I wanted to do in the gym was an easy run on the TM and listen to my music:confused: I used my MP3 player, with had some iTread on it! I ended up doing iTread Set 13, that was a lot of fun with one 12% and one 10% hill climb:rolleyes: I didn't feel my legs at that point! I traveled amost 5 miles (short run, hah?) and burned 590 cal.

Off to the shower and eat some dinner! BBL!

Hi girls,

I am back with persoanls!

Nora, glad you like insanity! I went on QVC yesterday, way to high impact for me! BTW, nice workout yesterday.

Roxie, nice job yesterday on BS and adding another riser. How is your vertigo doing?

Chris, I like the looks of the Aug 04 rotation. WTG, on the run! I am on my recovery week. Monday I will do Debbie's STS/GS rotation. Can't wait to start! Enjoy your workout later.

Jessica, glad you listen to your body yesterday.

Debbie, sorry the pinch in my neck/shoulder is still bordering you. Take it easy, girl. BTW, nice cal burn on that TM yesterday. I love potatoe fries. Once in awhile there is nothing wrong eating them. Glad you had fun yesterday.

Heather, wtg on your 6 miler the day before yesterday. Yeah, the dogs were beat last night, so was I! LOL! My dogs love to walk. Nice job on LIC this morning.

Wendy, have a great workout today.

I will be back in the morning!

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace][/FONT]​

Ack! I am scrambling at work today, no time for my blog OR for personals, how sad :(

The GOOD news? I finally got a good night's sleep last night and felt rested this morning, thank God! Granted, I also slept in this morning which helped but still -the deep sleep feeling was back, at least for one night.

I'm planning on Kick tonight - my sister is also working towards her certification and tonight is her big video assessment taping so I'll be in the front row rooting her on! Hopefully it won't be AS hot in there as it was last week, but something tells me I will be drenched by the end of the workout, yet again ;)

Sorry for lack of personals today, I will try to check in later!!

Hi girls -

Yesterday I did LIC Upper Body Circuit premix - 65min. It was a really good one! I ran 3 miles on the TM the day before (can't remember if I posted that!)
I work the next 6 days - ugh. So forgive me if yet again it takes me a while to post anything.
I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Belinda - It's so funny to see how much you've gotten done when our day is just beginning. LOL!!! So what are you planning to do now that you are done with STS?

Heather - Nice job with LIC. How are you liking your rotation so far?

Chris - Have a great workout with Imax 2. I love that workout. Need to get it out again when I'm feeling better.

Roxie - I guess sweet potato fries aren't bad if they are baked. I'm not sure if the ones I had were baked or deep fried. They didn't taste deep fried. They were yummy! And they serve them with this sweet brown sugar sauce and man is that good!

Jessica - Glad you got a nice nights sleep finally! Woo hoo!

Wendy - Nice workout! Have you gotten to ride you motorcycle much? I've been riding mine since the weather broke! LOVE IT!!!

Belinda-I am still fighting the vertigo somedays are worse than others. I have realized alot of it might be depend on how much water I drink and how much sugar I consume so I watch those things. Standing ab work isn't working for me so I have decided even though things spin when I lay down I am going to do it anyway.

I'm back from my lunch workout. Today was Total Body doing 2 sets of 15 (ugh) reps.

Weighted triceps dips - 40#
DB Bicep curls - 15's (prob could have done 16's)
Elevated lunges - 50# (rear foot on 12" step)
Side lateral raises - 10's
Flat bench flyes - 20's/21.5's
DB underhand rows - 25's
Squats - 75#
Plie squats - 75#

Debbie - I am liking this rotation so far with the additional leg work. I think it's going to make a big difference in gains for legs this time around.

Roxie - I wasn't exactly bounding out of bed mind you LOL!!

Belinda - good job with that cardio girl. My dogs like to walk too. We've been trying to practice running with them. It's kind of painful though.

Jessica - so glad you finally got some sleep. Have fun at Kick tonight. Tell Jolene good luck please!

Wendy - nice workout!

Hey again...

So the weather turned weird. It clouded up and got a bit misty/showery. Now, of course the sun is coming out, but this morning. Blech. I did Jake's reading group and then went to the grocery store to see if maybe the weather would turn. The sun STARTED to come out, but it was only peaking and the grass was wet. I headed down to do IMAX and ended up doing IMAX 3, all of it! Just because I was already into it, might as well finish, right? There are some crazyass intervals in that , isn't there? Plie jacks kill me! But anyways, did it all, sweat big. And then I did the abs from Muscle Endurance, figuring it will break up the abs this week. (I think she has them 3 days in a row on the rotation).

Debbie: Ugh on your neck. How very frutrating! hope it somehow goes away quickly. Did you look online at some things you can do to make it better?

Heather: Oh! Now that you say that about the rotation, I do remember you talking about it, and adding on extra leg work.

Roxie: Enjoy the weather and the walk!! Hope the dizziness isn't too bad for your ab work.

Jessica: Kick sounds like a great workout! Good luck to your sister tonight!

Wendy: LIC upper body sounds cool! Not sure I've ever done that premix. Sorry about the work thing. It always gets in the way, doesn't it?

Heather: NICE weight work today!! You've got a lot of different exercises in there.

Almost time for my kiddos to get home! Can't believe the afternoon is here already! ugh!

Chris - Imax 3 is one of my favorites. I was doing that one so often though that I had to restrict myself LOL. It's a toughie (but goodie). Good job doing the whole thing. I'm that way too, you're like well, I'm already on 6, what's another 4 more.

This rotation is really interesting b/c you just do one exercise for each muscle group 3 x a week changing up the sets/reps. One week is straight sets, the next week same exercises but up in weight and superset. Then you sort of start new with different exercises, sets/reps again. I didn't feel like I got much out of the legs that way though so that's why I added additional leg work on 2 days and plyo on one of the days.

Hey again...

So the weather turned weird. It clouded up and got a bit misty/showery. Now, of course the sun is coming out, but this morning. Blech. I did Jake's reading group and then went to the grocery store to see if maybe the weather would turn. The sun STARTED to come out, but it was only peaking and the grass was wet. I headed down to do IMAX and ended up doing IMAX 3, all of it! Just because I was already into it, might as well finish, right? There are some crazyass intervals in that , isn't there? Plie jacks kill me! But anyways, did it all, sweat big. And then I did the abs from Muscle Endurance, figuring it will break up the abs this week. (I think she has them 3 days in a row on the rotation).

Debbie: Ugh on your neck. How very frutrating! hope it somehow goes away quickly. Did you look online at some things you can do to make it better?

Heather: Oh! Now that you say that about the rotation, I do remember you talking about it, and adding on extra leg work.

Roxie: Enjoy the weather and the walk!! Hope the dizziness isn't too bad for your ab work.

Jessica: Kick sounds like a great workout! Good luck to your sister tonight!

Wendy: LIC upper body sounds cool! Not sure I've ever done that premix. Sorry about the work thing. It always gets in the way, doesn't it?

Heather: NICE weight work today!! You've got a lot of different exercises in there.

Almost time for my kiddos to get home! Can't believe the afternoon is here already! ugh!

Hi girls:D

Happy Tuesday everyone~!

I'll check in now and be back later with personals.

Here's today's workout:

iTread Set26C= 25 min
Calories burned= 316
BPM= 151= 84% MHR
Distance= 2.03 Miles

Insanity-Plyo Cardio Circuit= 40 Min
Calories burned= 601
This was so much fun! I'm so glad Shaun gave us water breaks. I'm very glad I added the cushioning of puzzle mats to help for shock absorbtion to help my knees and I wore knee braces. I feel these additions were essential to attempting Insanity if anyone has any knee or ankle issues. I took the added protection with these measures and I am enjoying Insanity, its fun!:)

STS Ab Circuits- Med Ball Abs= 10min
Calories burned= 62

Total calories burned= 979

I will say that I noticed that doing my 2 mile run didn't seem so hard like usual. It was very comfortable and easy for me today. Then doing todays Insanity workout felt good and even fun. I did have to modify a bit because my workout room is not as big as the area they workout in. Other than that it was surprisingly doable, tough but doable.:)

Okay, I gotta go do some stuff but I'll be back later for personals. Have a great day ladies!:)

Hugs!

Nora

Last edited:
Good Evening,

I went for a 2 mile walk and then did TJ Standing Abs, I will do wts in the morning. I got the shakes after my walk so didn't want to do abs where I lay down.

Walk Stats:
32 min
31 in the zone
139 min hr
153 max hr
208 cals burned.

Abs:
9 min
6 in the zone
129 min hr
158 max hr
52 cals burned.

Nora-awesome workout girl.

Hi girls!;)

I'm back for personals.

Belinda- I bet your dogs loved that nice long walk. What kind do you have?
Stott Pilates is supposed to be among the best out there for pilates dvd's. I've done pilates and like it. I just get so busy doing different workouts I forget to come back to it. I dont have any Stott Pilates dvds though. Good job on your workout today.

Heather- Nice job using the premixes for LIC, I really enjoy that workout it was one of my first Cathe dvd purchases. Its a fun workout and I haven't really explored the premixes offered on that one but I bet they are great fun too! I've been sort of intimidated to start Insanity because of the impact and of it being a super tough cardio workout. I was concerned about my knees and the impact and if I'd be in good enough shape to even do the workout. I'm happy to report its all good. I did put puzzle mats in my workout room to help absorb the impact and shock as a preventative measure, I have some really great shoes to help with that too, and I wore my knee braces. I think for me at least that those were good steps to take before attempting Insanity. I'm here to say its tough, but its soo much fun and the time does go by fast. It doesn't require any special equipment at all, but I'd recommend the puzzle mats to help with the impact to be more knee and joing friendly. Its a lot of fun and if you love HiiT from
cathe's shock cardio or her boot camp from 4DS or Drill Max its sort of along those lines interms of Interval Cardio and drills. I like it and I was afraid I wouldn't because of my knees, so I'm happy with it, and you truly feel like you accomplished something big when completing each workout. I did read that other that have done Insanity on the open discussion boards here suggested doing some total body weight training 2 or 3 days a week along with it so as not to lose muscle strength gains. So, that's what I'm doing.

Chris- Nice workout today and great weather too! Ooh Orginal Imax for you today, eh, and a nice run in the awesome temps. Wow, I haven't done Orginal Imax, what's it like? I do have it just haven't gotten around to doing it. Yes, I really have enjoyed the two Insanity workouts I've done so far. Its tough, but fun. I tried to train to get ready for it because I'd heard it was super tough, and could be tough on the knees. So, I've done more running daily and the HiiT and other workouts to get my cardio out put up there so i could do it. I think the running helped and the HiiT were great prep for Insanity. Its a lot of fun so far but I'd recommend some sort of cushioned flooring to do it on to protect your knees from the impact as a precaution. I've done that and here at day 2 so far so good. I'd give it a try if your loving HiiT style or Drill Max or 4DS bootcamp. Insanity is reminescent of those style workouts but harder if you can imagine that. Its tons of fun, but I bet you'd love it. ;)

Debbie- Wow, you got to visit Amish country, so cool. I've sadly never tried sweet potato fries. I bet they'd be awesome though. I'm so happy your feeling better and able to move around better without pain, I've been worried about you. ;)

Roxie- I hope you had a wonderful walk in the nice weather and had a great session with PP and abs. Have wonderful day and enjoy the weather. ;)

Jessica- A good night's sleep can make all the difference so glad that you had a good night's sleep.:) Good luck to your sister on her certification and tonights video assessment. No worries about not having time for personals. You are a busy, just take care and have a good rest tonight. ;)

Wendy- ^^^5's on LIC Upper Body Circuit premix workout. I love LIC its alot of fun and I do like to mix things up with circuit, so good for you. It sounds like your going to be very busy the next six days, so try not to work too hard and relax. Have a great day!;):)

Ok, that's it for me today. I hope everyone has a great evening and a awesome night's sleep. Seeya all at tomorrow's check in.;)

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Good evening,

Nora, ^^^^5's ib Insanity-Plyo Cardio Circuit today. I watched the clip on QVC and said to myself that isn't for me:p Way to much high impact on my knees/back. I am not crazy about the HiiT's:confused: to much jumping for my old body. I am not in my 20s anymore! Glad you enjoy them. I have a German Shep. and a Lap mix! I have a pic on my picturetrail!

Debbie, I am 8 hours ahaid of you:eek: I am glad by the time you all post, I am already done with my workouts. Monday I will start your STS/GS rotation. Can't wait to start. ;)

Heather, I love doing premixes! My DH runs with the dogs, they listen to him. I rather run alone.

Wendy, awesome job with LIC Upper Body Circuit premix! Sorry about the work situiation!

Roxie, awesome job on your 2 mile walk and TJ Standing Abs today. Make sure you stay way from surgar and drink lots of water.

Chris, at least your weather isn't cold! It is so cold here in Germany, I swear winter is back! What happend to spring? I can't wait to fly back to El Paso in May, at least I can wear summer cloth:eek: Maybe I should pack my suitcase today, since
I wont need summer cloth here! Nice job, on IMAX BTW!

Jessica, good luck with your sister!

Sleep tight! See you in the morning!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.