Crazy strong and loving it for April 5, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Today is my recovery week! I will do something not sure what yet?

Hope you all had a great Easter! MIne was very relaxing;)

I will be back later!

Have a great Monday.

So I still have a pinch in my neck/shoulder area. Got up this morning and decided to get on my treadmill to at least get something in. I think benching last week is what caused this pain but it is almost gone. When I sleep it seems to irritate it. I did some slow jogs because I'm trying to figure out if my treadmill will irritate my hip flexor again. So far so good. No pull or tightness this morning. But the fastest pace I did was a 15 minute mile - 4.0 mph on my treadmill. I alternated doing a slow jog for about 2 minutes then walked. About 25 minutes into doing this my neck started hurting so the impact wasn't helping. I walked for the last 15 minutes.

HR STATS:
50 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
35 minutes in zone
11 minutes above zone
361 calories burned
2.5 miles travelled

Not bad. Glad I got something in. Going to Amish Country with two of my cousins today. Hope you all have a great day! Chat tomorrow!

Last edited:
Good Morning,

I was going to go for a walk after work tonite but it is suppose to rain so instead I will do 4ds LIS with 1 set of risers. Upper back and shoulders hurt from lifting 14 month old twin boy they are so lovable just want to be held they had a mom that couldn't afford to take care of them so somehow my SIL ended up with them.

Debbie-glad you got something in hope your shoulder gets better soon.

Belinda-enjoy whatever it is you decide to do.

Hi ladies. Yesterday I ended up running 6.2 miles. Very excited as it's the longest run I've done so far. My hip flexors started to get really tight right at the end though. They feel fine today at least. I did end up having to ice down my heels (plantar fasciitis) later in the eve. I think we're going to run again at lunch. I seriously do not feel like doing step today (which is why I have not done my workout yet even though I was wide awake at 5am).

Morning ladies! I got my butt to Power this morning and for some reason it felt SUPER hard. Probably because I only went once last week? Or the fact that I am STILL having a hard time falling and then staying asleep. I'm suddenly a very light sleeper which is killing me. I don't feel rested at ALL. Blech. And I'm having a fat day. Wonderful. ;) But other than that, its sunny and the weekend was great!

Heather - nice job on that long run! As you know, I got my long one in on Sunday too and it was great, way better than my meager attempt on Saturday AM. I may run tonight because, once again, its gorgeous and yes, I'm feeling fat. Boo, being a woman sucks sometimes. ;)

Debbie - bummer that you are still feeling that pinch. I hate being injured and feeling so useless since you can't do much more than rest it, in most cases. Hang in there!

Belinda - enjoy the active recovery week! I loved that week during STS, did lots of fun cardio and enjoyed the non-lifting for a week. Felt so ready to jump back in afterwards.

Roxie - how do you like 4DS? I bought it fairly recently and didn't love it. I mean, I liked portions but I think I'm just spoiled by STS that after doing STS and then trying 4DS, I wasn't that into it. I did like the kickboxing part though. Would love your take.

Jessica - good job getting in that workout this morning. I totally hear ya on the fat day. You know it's all in your head right? Of course, that doesn't make it any easier! I agree with you on 4DS. I almost never use that DVD. However, there was a rotation (I think one of Debbie's) that used it and you double up on the weights. Pretty much pulling out premixes and doing twice through. Now that made a difference. I really don't dig the cardio on that one though which sucks b/c it wasn't cheap LOL!

Debbie - hate to hear that your neck is still pinched. Not much you can really do about that. Just take it easy. Good job with the treadmill at least.

Roxie - hope you enjoy your workout tonight!

Hi to Chris, Wendy, Belinda and Nora!!!!

Morning ladies! I got my butt to Power this morning and for some reason it felt SUPER hard. Probably because I only went once last week? Or the fact that I am STILL having a hard time falling and then staying asleep. I'm suddenly a very light sleeper which is killing me. I don't feel rested at ALL. Blech. And I'm having a fat day. Wonderful. ;) But other than that, its sunny and the weekend was great!

Heather - nice job on that long run! As you know, I got my long one in on Sunday too and it was great, way better than my meager attempt on Saturday AM. I may run tonight because, once again, its gorgeous and yes, I'm feeling fat. Boo, being a woman sucks sometimes. ;)

Debbie - bummer that you are still feeling that pinch. I hate being injured and feeling so useless since you can't do much more than rest it, in most cases. Hang in there!

Belinda - enjoy the active recovery week! I loved that week during STS, did lots of fun cardio and enjoyed the non-lifting for a week. Felt so ready to jump back in afterwards.

Roxie - how do you like 4DS? I bought it fairly recently and didn't love it. I mean, I liked portions but I think I'm just spoiled by STS that after doing STS and then trying 4DS, I wasn't that into it. I did like the kickboxing part though. Would love your take.

Jessica-LIS and KB is about the only thing I do on 4ds however I have done some of the wt. work that Debbie had in one of her rotations. I don't do the step in HIS or Bootcamp. I don't think it was worth the money I paid for it.

Roxie - yes, see? I was so hoping it would be worth the investment but it hasn't really been, which is typically NOT the case with Cathe's workouts. I don't regret buying it, but still - feels sort of like STS-lite, ya know?

Heather - yes, I realize it's all in my head, I wish I could shut off my brain sometimes ;)

Just checking back. Got in a 30-minute run at lunch. It was so windy though. I swear we were running into the wind at any point there was a hill. Definitely not the most enjoyable run. But it was nice getting outside for a bit before having to be trapped back in the office. After work I plan on doing 40/20 since I didn't do plyo drills per my rotation yesterday. Might throw in some abs too.

Nice work Heather! I'm drooping fast over here, I feel like toast from lack of sleep...thinking I might have to nix the run tonight. boo :(

Jessica - you probably know what I'm going to say already: Listen to your body. If you try to push it, you know it'll likely be a crappy run, unless it's just that you're a little tired and need an energy boost. But if you're totally worn out, there's always tomorrow (unless the weather goes south LOL).

Nice work Heather! I'm drooping fast over here, I feel like toast from lack of sleep...thinking I might have to nix the run tonight. boo :(

Jessica - you probably know what I'm going to say already: Listen to your body. If you try to push it, you know it'll likely be a crappy run, unless it's just that you're a little tired and need an energy boost. But if you're totally worn out, there's always tomorrow (unless the weather goes south LOL).

Yes mom ;) I'm kidding. You're right and I'm GOING to listen this time, since I definitely did NOT listen last time and look where it got me ;) It's supposed to hit 80 on Wed so I can get my fill of running in that night instead so I'm a happy camper!

Sorry this is a quickie and "all about me". Busy day today!

I finally decided on the August 04 Rotation called "Body Fat and Legs/Glute" It is an older one, but I can always sub in some of the newer cardios for the older stuff. (MIC..BLECH!). Here is it:

The August rotation will focus on burning body fat and shaping the legs and glutes. Of course in the process we cannot ignore the upper body and core so a couple of workouts will be included to keep those muscles inspired as well. Enjoy!

WEEK ONE:

Mon….Legs and Glutes then run 20 minutes
Tues….Imax One
Wed….Muscle Endurance
Thurs…PS Legs and Abs and run 20 minutes
Fri……Cardio and Weights
Sat……CTX Kickbox (cardio only)plus the stability ball segment of PUB
Sun……OFF

WEEK TWO:

Mon…..Pyramid Lower Body plus 30 minutes Basic step
Tues…..Pyramid upper body plus 20 minute run
Wed…..Pyramid Lower Body plus 200 walking lunges
Thurs….Imax 2 plus 10 minute ab hits
Fri…….HSTA plus 10 minute ab hits
Sat…….KPC
Sun...OFF

WEEK THREE:

Mon…...Legs and Glutes plus 20 minute run
Tues…..Cardio kicks plus 10 minutes ab hits
Wed……Slow & Heavy Legs only plus 200 walking lunges
Thurs….CTX upper body plus Body Fusion
Fri…….Legs and Glutes plus 10 minutes ab hits
Sat…….MIC
Sun…….OFF

WEEK FOUR:

Mon….Body Max
Tues….Pyramid Upper Body plus 30 minute basic step
Wed….Leaner Legs
Thurs…CTX Cardio of choice plus Pyramid lower body stability ball segment only
Fri……CTX cardio of choice plus 10 minutes of abs
Sat:……Leaner Legs followed by PLB stability ball segment only
Sun……OFF

Today i did Legs and Glutes and then when for a 20 minute run . Legs and Glutes had some tough spots but all in all, I loved it! (the music is fun!). After a tiny break (had to wait for my boys to go to CCD), I did a quickie 20 minute run around the neighborhood (no park). It was a little tough , it was warmer than usual out (74) and I felt it. but it was all good!

Have a great evening everyone!

Good Evening,

I did Basic Step and added a riser HR monitor quit working and yougest DD is moving home so she interrupted me, I was able to finish but kept losing my place and concentration. We are in storm warnings tonite.

Chris-good job with your workout and glad you found a rotation you like.

Hi girls;)

I'm super late for this check in, but I did finish the workout by 8pm. I decided to give Insanity a try and mix in some of Cathe's total body weight dvds in for balance.

Here's today's workout:

iFitmusic.com-Bouncy House- 20 min.
Time= I did 12 min of 20 min for a shorter run and just as a warmup.
Calories burned=177
Distance=1.16 miles
bpm=150 84%

Insanity Fit Test= 30 Min
Calories burned=451
This does remind me a bit of HiiT. I've been intimidated to start insanity because its supposed to be the ultimate cardio workout. But thought I'd give it a go and feel better to try after doing cathe's HiiT.

Power Hour= 60 Min
Calories burned= 526

Total calories burned from today's workout= 1154;)

Sorry, its too late for personals as I'm yawing as I write this. I did skim some comments. Debbie I'm glad your feeling better.;)

Take care everyone and I'll seeya all at tomorrows check in. Have a great evening.:)

Hugs!:cool:

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.