Crazy strong and loving it for April 26, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Today I start W3 of my rotation. I will do Meso 2, Disc 18, Back & Biceps:D

I will be back to report my workout! Happy Monday!

Today was cardio and I did Body Max 2 Cardio Blast Premix. I have never done this workout, the only thing I've ever done is the ab section of this one. LOVED IT! OMG! The step sections were so fun and the blasts at the end were even fun. Had a blast doing this and learned it very easily. I'll definitely be doing this one again.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 9 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
15 minutes in zone
48 minutes above zone
552 calories burned

Was hoping for a 600 calorie burn but no such luck. Happy with 552!

Hallo ladies.

Debbie, nice cal burn, girl! ;)

I am done with my workout, I went heavier than I did the first time around! I also did Ab Hits "PS back" 10-5 min. I got a nice burn in my abs!

I will be back later!

Good Morning,

Tonite I will do 4ds KB cardio only it will be to chilly to go for a walk. Having these animals around are driving me nuts. The dog loves being here and has made himself at home but the kitten is in hiding.

Debbie-awesome calorie burn. I just wish I could figure out those step combos.

Belinda-good job on your workout.

Morning ladies! I'm sort of in a weird quasi-grouchy mood and not quite sure why. Might be the work trip I have to go on later this week - I am NOT good with my routine being disturbed with travel for work. Blech. AND I'm stressing as I need to be ready to rock and roll on Saturday as I'm team-teaching the new Kick release that day and that class is always packed! So I am HOPING I have time and the space in my hotel room to practice so I'm ready to go. Boo.

Anyway, today I am still battling a really sore and achy shoulder so I opted out of getting back into the Power classes at my gym and stayed home to do an STS legs workout. Ohhh how I missed those!! I did disc 3, meso 1 and loved every minute. I am pretty sure I'll have big time DOMS tomorrow, I say bring it! :)

Debbie - I love body max 2!! Nice work on that calorie burn too!

Belinda - STS meso 2 is probably my favorite of the three cycles, how do you like it so far?

Roxie - good luck with 4DS cardio!

Hi ladies. Today is supposed to be upper with plyo. To be honest, I may forgo the plyo in lieu of a fun-factor step. I may end up changing my mind, but we'll see.

Belinda - good job on going up in weights!

Debbie - glad you found a cardio you really enjoyed! I used to do that premix all the time. Ended up burning out on it. Need to pick it up again now that it's been a while.

Roxie - It got rather chilly here too all of the sudden. Not liking this cool down!

Hi Jessica, Nora, Chris, and Wendy!!

Belinda - Nice job on your workout today. Which rotation are you following?

Roxie - Poor little kitty. How long will you have the dogs?

Jessica - Sorry you have to travel. I hate when my schedule is interrupted too. What happened to your shoulder?

Heather - Are you still doing your rotation? I don't remember there being upper and plyo on it? Just wondering.

Hi to Wendy, Nora and Chris!

Jessica - Sorry you have to travel. I hate when my schedule is interrupted too. What happened to your shoulder?

Heather - Are you still doing your rotation? I don't remember there being upper and plyo on it? Just wondering.

Debbie-DD moved in with us this weekend she has the one dog and the kitten. She says the kitty is now getting alittle braver and starting to come out of the room and up an down the stairs by herself she is just not real comfortable with DH and I yet.

Reporting back on weights. This week I was smart and started with chest and back rather than shoulders. Last week when I started with shoulders, I just struggled with the flyes.

Flat bench flyes - 26.5's (stuck with same as I started last week. Last week I had to drop down to 25's, this week I did not)
Dumbbell pullover - 30 (up 2#)

Arnold press - 21's (up 1#)
Lateral raises - 13's (up 1#)

Incline curls - 17's (up 1#)
Overhead extension - 28 (up 1#)

Added static lunges - 70# (should have gone heavier) and donkey kicks (2 sets 20 with 8#).

I added the legs b/c I am opting out of plyo for a SB premix. Just not feeling up to plyo.

Debbie - I changed up the rotation where 2 days have extra leg work (doing 4 exercises for legs on Days 1 and 5) and 1 day has plyo. This way it becomes more leg focused as I felt like I lost a ton of leg strength/definition the last time I did this rotation. I'm actually in week 4 if you can believe it!

I honestly don't know what happened to my shoulder but its been aching for days, and I think sleeping is making it worse since its on the side I normally revert to at night. So I wake up in pain because I'm on that side, duh! And I know its not weight related since I haven't done any weight lifting for two weeks given all the Kick practice I've been doing. So I'm at a loss. It's happened before (same shoulder) and it literally just took time, lots of advil and icy hot and it went away. I'm stumped.

Roxie - I missed where you DD moved in with you. How are you adjusting? Does she have kids?

Heather - Ok, I remember now. I did remember that you added to the leg workouts, just didn't remember the plyo work. Hope you're getting good results from all that!

Jessica - We posted at the same time. I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder. Does your "Kick" class consist of punching your arms like in kickboxing? Maybe that's the cause. I hope it gets better soon, I know all too well what shoulder pain feels like. It sucks!

Debbie - I am getting better results I do believe. I really feel like my legs are getting the workout they deserve this time around. I guess for me, I have to work mine harder to get any sort of results? We're all different though right.

Roxie - I missed where you DD moved in with you. How are you adjusting? Does she have kids?

Heather - Ok, I remember now. I did remember that you added to the leg workouts, just didn't remember the plyo work. Hope you're getting good results from all that!

Debbie - I am getting better results I do believe. I really feel like my legs are getting the workout they deserve this time around. I guess for me, I have to work mine harder to get any sort of results? We're all different though right.

I find I've been needing more of a leg workout as well. I think they need to get hit a bit harder due to the fact that the muscles are so big and strong to begin with. Glad you are seeing results!

I find I've been needing more of a leg workout as well. I think they need to get hit a bit harder due to the fact that the muscles are so big and strong to begin with. Glad you are seeing results!

Debbie-she just moved in Saturday and fortunately not husband no kids she lost her job a month ago and hasn't been able to find anything so she can't afford to live on her own and Dh and I were enjoying not having any kids around. If I want to lean my calves out should I do calf raises with or without wts and what is a good number of reps? Boss ran home for a little bit so I did 125 different crunches need to do 75 more.

Debbie-she just moved in Saturday and fortunately not husband no kids she lost her job a month ago and hasn't been able to find anything so she can't afford to live on her own and Dh and I were enjoying not having any kids around. If I want to lean my calves out should I do calf raises with or without wts and what is a good number of reps? Boss ran home for a little bit so I did 125 different crunches need to do 75 more.

I know what you mean. My dh and I have been kid free for a few years now, not sure what we'd do if one of them moved back in with us. One good thing is, we don't have any empty rooms right now! LOL!

Cathe's GS calf work or B&G calf work will lean out your calves. With B&G just use light weights.

I know what you mean. My dh and I have been kid free for a few years now, not sure what we'd do if one of them moved back in with us. One good thing is, we don't have any empty rooms right now! LOL!

Cathe's GS calf work or B&G calf work will lean out your calves. With B&G just use light weights.

We have a spare bedroom that she can use but she had to put her stuff in storage. Her old room is my workout room and there was no way I was giving that up.

Jessica - We posted at the same time. I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder. Does your "Kick" class consist of punching your arms like in kickboxing? Maybe that's the cause. I hope it gets better soon, I know all too well what shoulder pain feels like. It sucks!

Yes, there is a ton of work that involves my shoulders for Kick but the pain I feel is more in my neck/shoulder and it doesn't feel Kick related somehow. Though, I guess that could be the only real cause for it if I haven't been weight lifting or anything of late. Either way, I'm ready for it to pass, its driving me bonkers!

Yes, there is a ton of work that involves my shoulders for Kick but the pain I feel is more in my neck/shoulder and it doesn't feel Kick related somehow. Though, I guess that could be the only real cause for it if I haven't been weight lifting or anything of late. Either way, I'm ready for it to pass, its driving me bonkers!

Jessica-sounds like a tension knot try a good massage or foam roller, or maybe you slept on it wrong.

;)Hi girls!;)

I'm done working out for today! Yeah, I couldn't sleep and my back was killing me so I decided to get up and get my workout in rather than lay there in agony.

Here's today's workout: This is starting week 4 of Insanity for me!;)

Insanity- Pure Cardio= 40min
Calories burned= 601

Insanity- Cardio Abs= 16 min
Calories burned= 98

CTX- Upper Body Split= 56 min
Calories burned= 459

Total calories burned= 1158:eek:

Belinda- Nice job on week 3 of your rotation doing Meso 2, Disc 18, Back & Biceps, that's a good one!

Debbie- Wow! I've never done that premix from BM2, great for you and awesome calorie burn, bravo:)

Roxie- Nice workout you have planned for today,4ds KB cardio only. I know I've done that one lots of times and really enjoy it. Have fun!

Jessica- Sorry your feeling kind of a bit grouchy today I hope your day gets better. Please take care of your achey shoulder and let that muscle group rest. Great job with doing STS Legs and Meso 1 Disc 3! STS is tough stuff.

Heather- Have fun today with your workout no matter which you choose to do. Have a great day! ;)

Hi to Wendy and Chris!:);)

Hugs to everyone!:)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.