Crazy strong and loving it for April 24, 2010

Today was a circuit workout and I did High Step Challenge. I feel like such a wimp with these workouts lately. My endurance just sucks. I haven't done this workout since 2005 though, and I know I'm just not use to going from cardio to weights right away. I did fairly well considering. Love this workout, though, it is one of my favorite circuit workouts.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 3 min. total
7 minutes below zone
17 minutes in zone
40 minutes above zone
497 calories burned

Love the calorie burn! :eek:

Had an appointment with the doctor for my mom's next hip surgery. Tentatively scheduled for June 10th. We think she might have had a mild stroke a couple Sunday's ago, she's going in this week for an MRI and to have her aertories checked. Once those results come back we can go ahead with her hip surgery. I'll be so glad when she's done, she is in so much pain right now. It's all I can do not to carry her around when I'm with her.

She also needs to get her eyes re-lasered. The catarac surgery she had last year seems to be failing. She has a film over her eyes. The doctor said the laser should fix it 100% and it shouldn't take but a few minutes to do. She has that scheduled for June but I'm going to call her doctor and see if we can get it done any earlier.

Please say a prayer for her. Everything seems to be hitting her all at once. I feel so bad for her.

Good Morning,

Went to the fitness center and used the wt machines and then I felt so good decided to go for a walk in the park. I did a pyramid thing with the ab machine started low increased to 40lbs and then went back down ended up being 90 reps.

Wt.Stats: Forgot to start HR monitor on first 3 machines
30 min
3 in the zone
112 min hr
148 max hr
127 cals burned.

Walk Stats:
35 min
31 in the zone
134 min hr
145 max hr
214 cals burned.

I need to do some calf work and lower ab work.

Debbie-I hope everything goes well for your mom she is having a rough time my thoughts are with both of you. Say a prayer for me youngest DD and her pets are moving back home this weekend so much for peace and quiet.

Hallo girls,

My workout is done, I also did abs from Ab Hits "PS legs & Abs/S&H Chest &Back;)

(((Debbie))) I will keep your mom in my thoughts and prayer! I am so sorry your mom is going through all this. More hugs for ((((Debbie & MOM)))) Nice cal burn today.

Roxie, wtg on your workout as well!

Off to the shower! BBL!

Hi ladies. Today was weights for me and I also did MMA Kickboxing.

Today was 4 sets of 5 reps done as supersets:

Double arm rows - 36.5's (up 1.5)
DB bench press - 41.5's (up 1.5)
Squats - 100# (had no way to increase weight so I added 1 extra rep to each set then ended the weight workout wight 8 reps)
Deadlifts - 30's (I went down on these b/c my hams were KILLING me from Thurs still)
Alternating bicep curls - 21.5's (stayed same b/c 25's too heavy)
Close grip press (for tris) - 25's (up 3.5)
Step ups - 85#/80# (85 was just too much)
Shoulder Press - 21's (though I realized it should have been lateral raises oops)

Also added in 4 sets of 10 plie squats using 20# vest and 40# weight. I know I can go heavier, but I don't have a bar...

Roxie - sounds like you had a great workout day

Belinda - good job!!

Debbie - it's amazing how hard those circuits end up being! So sorry to hear about your mom. Hope everything starts to look up for her. Hugs!

Waves to Chris, Jessica, Wendy & Nora!!

Hey Girls..

I was able to get in a workout today, which makes me happy! Saturdays are really crunched for time. I did MMA KB, just like you, heather! Crushed a few skulls with ya!

Belinda; WTG on Plyo Legs!! I have some pretty good DOMS in my lower end from the Plyo Legs I did yesterday...!! Good job on the abwork too! The Ab Hits really get in there good, don't they?

Debbie: HSC is tough! It's not just you! it's great you're getting to revisit workouts you haven't done in a while! Definitely prayers for your mom. My mom has to have catarac surgery done in May (she had one eye done, has to have the other done now). No hip issues though. That has got to be painful!

Roxie: NICE workout today! Good luck with your DD and dog! Hope it ends up being more helpful to you than you think..

Heather: I can't imagine your legs won't be feeling that workout tomorrow! YAY for MMA: Kickboxing!!!

Hello to Jessica and Nora!!!!

Hey Girls..

I was able to get in a workout today, which makes me happy! Saturdays are really crunched for time. I did MMA KB, just like you, heather! Crushed a few skulls with ya!

Belinda; WTG on Plyo Legs!! I have some pretty good DOMS in my lower end from the Plyo Legs I did yesterday...!! Good job on the abwork too! The Ab Hits really get in there good, don't they?

Debbie: HSC is tough! It's not just you! it's great you're getting to revisit workouts you haven't done in a while! Definitely prayers for your mom. My mom has to have catarac surgery done in May (she had one eye done, has to have the other done now). No hip issues though. That has got to be painful!

Roxie: NICE workout today! Good luck with your DD and dog! Hope it ends up being more helpful to you than you think..

Heather: I can't imagine your legs won't be feeling that workout tomorrow! YAY for MMA: Kickboxing!!!

Hello to Jessica and Nora!!!!

Chris-I don't mind the dog but she has a kitten to that is not declawed yet and she is not happy to be in unfamiliar territory.

;)

Hi girls!;)

I'll just check in for now and try to comeback later for personals.

Here's today's workout:

Insanity- Plyometric Cardio Circuit= 40 Min
Calories burned= 601

The Kettlebell Way- New Providence= 55 Min
Calories burned= 451

Total calories burned in today's workout= 1052!!!

Debbie you gotta try Kettlebells. Seeya later, have a great day!:)

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Good evening,

Nora, way to go, with your workout and cal today. My DD is doing Insanity with her friend. She really likes it. Maybe I will do with them once I am in the states.

Chris, awesome job with MMA KB today. We finally have sping. I was sitting my my yard with my dogs, took a nice walk and cleaned 5 windows today. :D I didn't wanted to work out today, almost talked myself out! I need to stop working out so late at night, have no engery:confused:

Hallo Jessica and Wendy!

Good night, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.