Crazy strong and loving it for April 16, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning everyone,

I will do M2 D 15 (Back & Biceps) today.;)

I will be catch up on personals! Have a great workout everyone!

It's supposed to be raining right now, but the sun is peaking out and it looks nice out. SUpposedly the rain "is coming" and will last all weekend AND some places will be cold enough to get snow showers. Nice 2 days to have to work/sleep, I guess!

HSTA is on schedule today, but I'm not feeling it. I'm going to do a circuit premix from SJP & SB instead! And then I'm off yet again, to the grocery store. Blech!!!!

BBL!!!!

Good Morning,

Tonite I will do some kind of cardio machine at the fitness center, it rained here all night and part of the park isn't paved so I know it will be muddy and it cooled back down in the 60's but the wind is suppose to blow 20mph so it will be alittle cooler.

Chris-enjoy your workout.

Belinda-good job with your workout.

TGIF!! I started the day with just the 3 step combos from LIC and abs. DH and I are supposed to run at lunch.

Chris - You absolutely cracked me up with your post last night. I think the only good thing about Imax 2 #9 IS the Pina Colada song (and the way Cathe dances around after that one is over). Tempeh...it's hard to explain. It's really dense in texture, almost like packed grains. It's a soy product that's easy to use for grilling or in fajitas.

Belinda - YAY on the workout!

Roxie - hope you enjoy whatever it is that you do this eve. That front is moving in here late tonight. We'll be going from 84 degrees to 74. That'll feel downright cold.

Wendy - way to go with the sprints yesterday.

Nora - you rock as always girl!

Hi Debbi and Jessica.

I think I know what is irritating my neck/shoulder - my chair at work. We got new chairs about a month ago and ever since I've had problems with both my shoulder blade areas getting irritated. I've adjusted my chair several times and nothing has helped. I feel like the chair is pushing me forward and there is no lower back support.

So a friend of mine at work has one of those roundish back pillows and after my neck was killing me yesterday around noon, he let me try it. It made a tremendous difference. I have several of these pillows at home so I'll take one to work so he can have his back. I feel pretty good today, just a little tightness but no spasms so far.

Today was cardio and on the rotation is Low Max. I woke up with really bad cramps and really didn't feel like working out. But I did. I got through the first 5 step routines and blasts and then I called it a day. I had no energy towards the end and was feeling nauseous. Glad I did what I did but sometimes I feel like my body doesn't want me to workout anymore.

CARDIO STATS:
52 minutes total
1 minute below zone
16 minutes in zone
35 minutes above zone
424 calories burned

I'll probably die tomorrow with the workout thas is planned. :D

Hi everyone! Gotta get some stuff done so just wanted to say have a great Friday!

Hi ladies. Have I mentioned how much I hate rest days? especially when I get to read all about your workouts and I have nothing to report. Boo! Does anyone else (I know you do, Heather) struggle with taking rest days? I sometimes go weeks without doing one because I just love to be active, it makes me feel good, especially mentally.

All is not lost though as we're supposed to have a Kick practice tonight - though part of me isn't holding out hope since last time we had "practice" we ended up talking for an hour instead. Duh. So we'll see. Plus my shoulder is still aching - definitely been sleeping on it wrong the past few nights. Thank god for icy hot!

Chris - love those circuits! Sometimes that's more fun than doing a straight-up step workout or something, you know? keeps you on your toes that's for sure ;)

Roxie - good luck with your cardio at the gym, I feel you on the weather - its drizzly and chilly here, only in the 50s!

Heather - I LOVE LIC! Haven't done it in ages though, I need to start whipping these DVDs back out in time for the RT!

Also - I did end up buying an HR monitor finally. I ordered a Polar F4, I went very basic since I don't really need all the bells and whistles, really just care about tracking my HR and calorie expenditure. I think one of you said you had this one? (And Heather - I went through Amazon via your blog)

Hey again!

I did Premix #17 from SJP & SB, which ended up being cardio from SB, followed by all the weights from SJP. I thought it was going to be circuit. Not. oh well, it got done and I sweat like crazy!!! I was so dripping!!!

I feel pretty good today, but my sleep sucked last night. The freakin cat paws at the window blinds in the middle of the night. I THOUGHT it was because she wanted food, but there was food out, so it was just to annoy me. Little biotch! SO I made her wait longer for her breakfast this morning. Good for me, right? She had no clue. I'm an idiot. Cat wins. .... Wish I was coming over for cake and party tonight!!! What kind of cake are you having?

hey do you guys have any advice on switching up my eating? I pretty much eat the same foods day in and day out, the same way. Although they're healthy, do you think there's any chance my body is so used to it, it doesn't change and drop weight? I'm just so freakin frustrated with the scale. And my jeans don't really seem any looser either.

Just wondering if you had any thoughts on that. maybe I'll ask over on OD if I have timelater..

Debbie - I really hope it's the chair and a lumbar pillow fixes the problem! Sorry the workout wasn't so great this morning.

Jessica - maybe you can at least go for a walk or try pilates or something on the "rest" day. I think doing something super easy would be totally acceptable. Thanks for the amazon click! I do appreciate ya!

Chris - did you choose that premix or is it part of the rotation? Oh, and your cat sounds like one of my dogs. There are mornings I'd love nothing more than to strangle Maddie. She's like the 3 year old pushing buttons.

Hi ladies, back again. DH and I got in a really good run at lunch. Kind of funny, both a tad snotty from pollen/allergies. We got going and we kept making comments about how we were sucking wind and the run was sucking a$$. DH said, well, maybe we're going faster than we think. And...we were. We were trucking right along is why it felt like a harder run. LOL.

Oh, and now a slight vent just because I seriously must do so before I explode. I posted on Facebook my blog post for yesterday that included a Grilled Thai Pizza. I have a fat jackass uncle by marriage who is one of those who likes to say crap like: "Eat meat and put meat on those bones and you won't be cold." Right, so let's all get freaking fat and unhealthy 'cause that sure makes sense. Anyway, he left a freaking a-hole comment about my post for the pizza saying "That's got to taste terrible. Eat real stuff." I'm fuming right now. I know I shouldn't be b/c of the source of the comment. But seriously....

Back with persoanls!

I still didn't get my download coupon:eek: Did you guys get yours?

Nora, as always your workouts rock, girl! The combo I did yesterday I copied it from Debbie's GRFTS rotation:( I was sweating.

Debbie, glad you figured out what caused that pain in your neck, hope the pillow fixes the problem! Nice job with LM today and D20 yesterday. Have to admit, the combo was a lot of fun! I would never put those 2 together:eek: Loved it!

Chris, wtg on IMAX2 yesterday. I love hearing the Pina Coloda song, then I know the end is near:p:pYou cracked me up, WITH PIGTAILS! How funny! I am not crazy about HST! I know you overwhelmed with your sons clothes, once it's done you feel much better. Just don't hang on to things;) let it go! WTG, on Premix #17 from SJP & SB today. So it's only cardio? Good for you making your cat wait this morning:eek::p ROFLMAO!

Heather, glad you gave your shoulders a break yesterday. When I read about the black bean and yam enchiladas, I was getting hungry. Where can I find the recipe:eek: Yeah, on LIC this morning, have fun with your run later!

Wendy, nice job doing 2 workouts yesterday. Those are way to many push ups in D10:p How are you shoulders today?

Roxie, nice job yesterday. Did you go to the gym? So you gonna have a personal trainer soon! You go girl!

Jessia, I feel for you, girl! Hang in there with the lifting. It will be over soon. I agree with Heather, do some Pilates, Yoga or go for a nice walk!

I will be back in the morning!

Belinda - here's where I found the original recipe: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/budgetrecipechallenge/recipe2.php

I do use a ton more spice than what they call for. The combination of black beans and sweet potatoes also works well in burritos and quesadillas.

Back with persoanls!

I still didn't get my download coupon:eek: Did you guys get yours?

Nora, as always your workouts rock, girl! The combo I did yesterday I copied it from Debbie's GRFTS rotation:( I was sweating.

Debbie, glad you figured out what caused that pain in your neck, hope the pillow fixes the problem! Nice job with LM today and D20 yesterday. Have to admit, the combo was a lot of fun! I would never put those 2 together:eek: Loved it!

Chris, wtg on IMAX2 yesterday. I love hearing the Pina Coloda song, then I know the end is near:p:pYou cracked me up, WITH PIGTAILS! How funny! I am not crazy about HST! I know you overwhelmed with your sons clothes, once it's done you feel much better. Just don't hang on to things;) let it go! WTG, on Premix #17 from SJP & SB today. So it's only cardio? Good for you making your cat wait this morning:eek::p ROFLMAO!

Heather, glad you gave your shoulders a break yesterday. When I read about the black bean and yam enchiladas, I was getting hungry. Where can I find the recipe:eek: Yeah, on LIC this morning, have fun with your run later!

Wendy, nice job doing 2 workouts yesterday. Those are way to many push ups in D10:p How are you shoulders today?

Roxie, nice job yesterday. Did you go to the gym? So you gonna have a personal trainer soon! You go girl!

Jessia, I feel for you, girl! Hang in there with the lifting. It will be over soon. I agree with Heather, do some Pilates, Yoga or go for a nice walk!

I will be back in the morning!

Good Afternoon,

I did some crunches this morning and then some more this afternoon really need to work my ab muscles more I am really sore there almost feels like a flu stomache.

Hi girls!;)

I'll just check in for now and comeback later to do personals.

Here's today's workout:

Insanity- Cardio Power & Resistance = 40min
Calories burned= 601

4DS (LIS) Back & Biceps Premix #9= 25 min
Calories burned= 205

Core Cuts- Cut#3 Medball floor abs= 8 min used with 8 lbs med ball.
Calories burned=49

Total calories burned from today's workout = 855!;)

Ok, I'll be back later to do personals, until then have a great day!:);)

Hugs!:)

Nora

Good Evening,

I got on the recumbendt cross trainer which is a seated stair climber my knee was bothering me and I had a headache so I figured it was the easiest or all the machines. I also did 75 different crunches and I plan on doing 50 side crunches.

Stats:
33 min
22 in the zone
124 min hr
140 max hr
176 cals burned.

Hi girls!;)

I'm back late for my personals. I almost didn't make it back but I toughed it out for you guys. I'm in a lot of pain right now, oddly my knees started hurting and it only hurts when I get up from sitting position to walk or if I need to push off with my knees. It never bothered me during my Insanity session today. I'm carefull to always keep my knees soft and to make the movements bigger to take out the impact if its bothering me so I always make those modifications. I'm supposed to do another Insanity workout tomorrow, I'll see how I feel or just take tomorrow off and do Insanity sunday instead. Insanity is so much fun its super intense and fun. You get in and hit it hard for approx. 40 min most of them are and then your done. I add in weights also 3 days a week to keep the muscle strength and tone going.
Anyways enough about me.

Belinda- Hey girl, awesome job on M2 D 15 (Back & Biceps) today. STS is brilliant in my opinion and so much fun and love the results! WTG! I hope your furry baby is doing better.;)

Chris- I don't have HSTA so I can't comment on that one but I do have High Step Challenge and its a solid and well thought out circuit workout. I really enjoy it, but I forget to use it in my rotations as often as others. Its great that your subbing a different workout and premix, circuit premix from SJP & SB instead. Cathe has so many awesome premixes in the body blast series its great to have those to reach to when you want great premixes. I have been trying out more of the premixes on 4DS which are awesome also. I live in Oregon so I can relate to not being to thrilled about rain, LOL!! Hang in there and have a great evening.;):)

Roxie- have a great workout at the fitness center today on the cardio machine of your choice. Yuck, sounds like the weather made it muddy and yucky so it sort of makes going for a walk less appealing. Maybe when that happens if you have a shopping mall that you could go and walk inside there. I know that where I live ours is open to the public before the businesses open in the am and people go and walk then or while the store are open. I've seen lots of mall walkers taking advantage of getting their walks in rain or shine that way. Anyways, just a suggestion. If you live too far away from the mall then just forget that idea then. Great job on mixing it up at the fitness center, walking, and cathe workout dvds, or others. I always say variety does make it more fun and interesting, so WTG!!!:)

Heather- It sounds like a great workout you had on tap for today with LIC and abs and a run later. Bravo!!! Your a star!;)

Debbie- Awesome workout today with Low Max, as usual for you. I'm so glad you found something to help your back and neck. I hope that pillow is the magic trick for you and ends the pain and discomfort for you. Great job today and sleep and feel well.;):)

Jessica- sorry your shoulder has been bugging you lately. Icy hot helps and aleve, hopefully it will start behaving itself and not hurt ASAP~;) I'm like you I feel strange about making myself take one day off a week. I have to remind myself that my body needs a day to rest free from any workouts. I hate that I feel like I'm missing out on the fun, cardio, and calories burned that day. I hate feeling like I'm not physically challenging myself and working hard at keeping myself moving and savoring the amazing ability to move and be active when so many people that have MS, like me, can't move and be as active. I have to remind myself of what physical abilities or tasks I can still do four years into my MS journey and look back at what I can't do or have trouble with now. I know this sounds strange, but MS has made me appreciate exercise and movement and how powerful that can be to embrace. Just knowing that each day is a gift to cherish and move in with the best of my ability. ps. congrats on getting a HR monitor I'm sure you'll find it very useful. Have a great weekend!;):)

Wendy- Hi, did you see the sun today, it was out. Amazing stuff, ya know if that keeps up us Oregonians might actually buy this its spring stuff that everyone's talking about, eh? What are the odds, of that in Oregon? LOL!!! Just kidding. I hope your having a great start for your weekend and having fun with it and working out. Take care and be sure to run out and enjoy the sunshine whenever it decides to make an appearance.;):)

Ok, girls that's it for me tonight I need to go rest and maybe ice my knees.
Happy Friday everyone, have a great night. ;)

Hugs!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.