Crazy strong and loving it for April 15, 2010

Today was legs and I did Meso #2, Disc 20, Legs which is one of the tri-set workouts. Had a great workout and even though I went really light with the weights, I got a great burn and was sweating like crazy. Should have worn my HRM, I bet I burned about 300 calories if not more.

Good Morning,

Its suppose to storm here tonite so I will be going to the fitness center after work and then SJP step only. I made a mistake when doing wts. last night since youngest DD was talking to me the whole time for chest work I used 10lbs on the right side and 8 on the left didn't realize it until I went to put my wts. away.

Debbie-good job with your workout.

Belinda-enjoy whatever you do.

Ah! no DOMS in my lower body... YET!

Better get my workout in before they kick in...

Today is going to be IMAX 2 , intervals 6-10, and then abs of some sort, and then off to the park for Part 2 of cardio for a run! Gotta!

BBL!

Hi ladies. Got my shoulders good yesterday. Legs are a little tired, but not as bad as I was expecting (for better or for worse). I think today is going to end up being my rest day.

Roxie - that's kind of funny about the weights. DH sometimes tries to talk to me when I'm doing weights (especially if he's spotting me for chest) I have to flat out tell him to shut the hell up. I can't talk during weights.

Debbie - I bet you burned quite a few on that one. I know that leg workouts always get my HR up there!!

Chris - enjoy your run girl!

Hi Jessica, Belinda, Nora, Wendy!!!

I just did Step, Jump & Pump Step only Premix/Cardio & Weights Timesaver Step premix:eek: What a nice combo;) burned 477 cal.

Oh, I have booty DOMS! I have a hard time walking/sitting today. BBL!

Hi girls -

Chris, man you are hitting the lower body hard! And now an Imax?!?!? I can't imagine you not being sore later....
Debbie, how's your neck? I definitely think going light on legs and not having to hold heavy weights is a wise idea. I finally got out on my bike yesterday! Actually the whole family went for a little scoot around town. We went down to the grocery store and the post office. The girls love little rides like that. And I've been surprised at how easy it's been for me to carry a passenger. Well, my passenger is only about 55lbs! But then I had a dream last night we left our garage door open and someone stole our motorcycles!! Egad!
Heather, I'm going to do my weights this morning and cardio this afternoon. My youngest DD wants to go back up to the lake and ride her bike. We did that yesterday and I jogged while she rode. It's about 3.5 miles around I think. It took us 38 minutes. Enjoy your rest day if that's what you end up doing.....
I work the next 4 days so I've been cooking this morning....protein pancakes, black bean and yam enchiladas (thanks Heather!), and salmon cakes ready to bake off for dinner tonight.
Hello to all, I'll check back later with what I actually end up doing.

Wendy - glad you're still enjoying that black bean/sweet potato combo! It's hard to beat isn't it! Ah, a 2 on Thursday! Hope you enjoy your run. I am taking a rest day but it's really hard to do today for some reason. I keep thinking about how nice it'd be to get outside and run. Craziness.

Wendy - glad you're still enjoying that black bean/sweet potato combo! It's hard to beat isn't it! Ah, a 2 on Thursday! Hope you enjoy your run. I am taking a rest day but it's really hard to do today for some reason. I keep thinking about how nice it'd be to get outside and run. Craziness.

Heather-why can't you just walk its alot less stressful on the joints and you get to be outside.

Roxie - When I first read your post I thought you said it was suppose to snow where you are. LOL!!! It's 82 degrees here in Ohio. :cool:

Chris - Hope you had a great workout! I'm shocked your legs aren't sore! :eek:

Heather - Glad your shoulders are sore. I love when my shoulders are sore! Enjoy your rest day!

Belinda - That is fun, isn't it? I love mixing those two workouts together.

Wendy - My neck hurts like crazy right now. I'm starting to think its this stupid chair here at work. We all got new chairs and ever since then I've had problems. I got one of those back pillows and it's making a huge difference. I was fine this morning, even after my workout. But sitting here in this chair it was literally throbbing again. A friend of mine here had one of those back pillows so I'm using it. It has helped so far. I have never had a passenger on my bike. I'm too scared. I get to ride it home here in a few! :D

Hi to everyone else!! Hope you all have a great Friday and weekend!

I wish there was more relax time in the day!

Anyhow, I did IMAX 2, PREMIX 6-10. I like it that way! The fast feet is so much easier when it's your first blast. And of course, you get the Pina Coloda song, which I love doing during Plie Jacks, the song keeps me pli-aying! I did Med Ball abs off of Abs Circuit. I love that one, i do think it is my favorite from that DVD. Took a mini-break (laundry) and then went to the park for a 35 minute run (WITH PIGTAILS in honor of IM2!!), which felt amazing! Well, my legs were a little heavy, but no big DOMS that dragged me down. I think I could not have done much more than 35 minutes though. LOVED stretching in the sun, on the grass. I could have stayed there all day!

Did a few errands, home for more laundry, a rest (watched Celebrity Apprentice on demand), and then went through a few bags of boys clothes Alex's friends mom dropped off. I'm soooooo overwhelmed with boys clothes, it's not funny. I've saved 99% of their clothes, and they are coming out of the roof, i swear! The job is so overwhelming to me, but I really need to go through their clothes and get rid of them . *sigh*

Belinda: Nice workout today! I'm thinking I may sub in SJP for HSTA tomorrow. I just don't feel like HS for some reason.

Debbie: NICE job on the legs today! I should throw in an STS leg workout on my rotation!! I like the tri sets!

Roxie: OMG, that is too funny on the weights! I think I've done that before (using my adjustable weights, having different ones in each hand).

Heather: Rest, girl! I do know how hard it is! I have a good rest day, on Sundays , when I literally have NO time in between work and sleep. So I don't miss it most Sundays. ... I have to tell you, I continue to read your blog , and your recipes totally intrigue me! Very different than I'm used to. But they look and sound so good! Tell me, what is "tempeh"?

Wendy: I'm doing Cathe's lower body blast rotation from Aug 04. It's freakin killer! She's the crazy one!!! That's cool you jogged while your DD rode her bike. The boys have asked to do that too. next week is Spring Break for them, so I'm sure we'll go to the park and try it out!... NICE you got to finally get out YOUR bikes and go 'adult' riding! ...

*waves* to Jessica and Nora!!!!!

Hi ladies!! Sorry I went AWOL today, it was chaos at work, meeting after meeting after meeting after MEETING. How's a girl supposed to get her real work done, let alone check in on her fitness friends huh?? ;)

Not much time for personals tonight but I PROMISE to do better tomorrow.

I'm still in all out Kick mode - though today was teaching day so I taught the old release this morning which was fine but I'm SO sick of that release, I'm really getting excited to teach the new stuff. Tomorrow I'm going to practice my five tracks again so I'm ready for practice tomorrow night. Next week I'll switch and learn the other five.

BUT I'm not gonna lie, I miss my weight workouts! I'm gonna TRY to do Kick next week too and continue staying the focused route but I dunno, I have an irrational fear that I'll lose muscle mass in two weeks. Is that silly??? Plus, I honestly do miss it...but I'm torn since I think the focus on Kick has really helped me lately. Hmm decisions, decisions.

Good Evening,

I got my orientation to the fitness center tonite the owner or manager came in and I told her what happened the last time I was in and she said I wasn't even suppose to be on the equipment until someone showed me how to use it, the ab machine is my least favorite. The kid that showed me is going to school for kinesiology and taking his certification next month so I told him I might want him to train me. I came home and did SJP step.

Stats:
26 min
21 in the zone
135 min hr
161 max hr
161 cals burned.

Checking in -

I did Disc 10 today - my shoulders were fried! And I've definitely gone downhill in the push up dept.
Then my girls and I went back up to the lake after school. I did 10 sprint intervals at the beginning of my jog and that about wiped me out. But we made it all the way around and I let the girls play at the park when we were done. Beautiful day here!
Roxie, good luck with the gym- keep us posted.
Debbie, can you use a different chair? I'm guessing you'd have to supply it, but it sounds like you've narrowed down the culprit. Will they let you bring in your own?
Jessica, keep up the Kick workouts. Your weights will be there when you're done. Headed to Boston this weekend. I think DH and I will walk the Freedom Trail. Too bad the weather is supposed to be dreary there - and , go figure, it's going to be 70 here at home!
Nice workout, Chris! I can't believe your legs aren't just dragging you down! Way to go! And yes, I have piles of girls' clothes in the hall, in their closets, in my closets. Too small for the older one yet too big for the younger one...and so it goes.
Hello to Nora, Belinda and Heather! I've got to make sure the girls have finished their homework.
Have a great night!

Hi girls!:)

Sorry, I didn't make it back last night for personals. I'm here now to check in and do personals.

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Vol. 3= 37 min
Calories burned= 480
Distance= 3.04 miles
BPM's= in 80% t0 83% range for 31 min. 144-148 bpm's.

Insanity-Cardio Recovery= 40 min
Calories burned= 246

Total Calories burned from today's workout= 746;)

Debbie- Awesome job today on Meso #2, Disc 20, Legs that's some good stuff to sweat to! I hope going lighter right now is proving to be a good decision while your body gets back on track and no pain.;)

Roxie- have a good workout at the fitness center after work and enjoy SJP, that's so much fun. Have a great workout and evening.;)

Chris- ^^^5's on IMAX 2 , intervals 6-10 those are tough but fun, and then a run, you are a star Chris! WTG!

Heather- Enjoy your rest day, it does sound like your shoulders got a good burn yesterday, its good to give'm a rest. Have a great day and evening and rest up. ;)

Belinda- Wow! That sounds like a great combo, Step, Jump & Pump Step only Premix/Cardio & Weights Timesaver Step premix, I'll have to try that sometime. WTG!!! Sorry about your furry baby not feeling well, I hope the meds he's on are helping him.;) Hugs!

Wendy- Nice job on your workout. Nice way to break it up with weights in the morning and cardio in the afternoon. I say do whatever works best for you and your schedule, good for you you got it done! You rock!;) Take it easy on the shoulders tomorrow.;)

Jessica- I know how it can be missing weight training. Hang in there and get through this next part. I know you can do it, look how far you've come and now your making a dream come true to be a certified fitness instructor, I say bravo! You go girl!!!;):):cool:

Have a great night ladies, seeya all at tomorrow's check in!;)

Hugs!:)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.