Crazy strong and loving it for April 12, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Still can't decide which rotations I will do today?:confused: They both awesome rotations! Well I have to decide soon!

I will be back to report my workout. Have a great Monday!

Good morning,

I am done with M2 D 13 Chest/Shoulder + Triceps. Had a hard time getting those weights up today, not sure why?:confused: I decided to play a little more with STS:p I am doing STS/GS legs rotation. Next month I will be in the states, I can't do any heavy lifting, I will be doing circut wo plus running.

Have a great day! BBL!

Today I start the new rotation I made up this past weekend.

Cardio today was the step only premix from Cardio & Weights and the step only premix from Step, Jump & Pump. Had a lot of fun with this, felt great to sweat. My HR was up there throughout the entire workout. Highest it got was 162 bpm.

Neck/shoulder still has a twinge in it, believe it or not. Once I started doing the cardio it eased up quite a bit. Maybe it just needs to be move around now?

CARDIO STATS:
1 hr. 3 minutes total
3 minutes below zone
9 minutes in zone
50 minutes above zone
527 calories burned

Really blasted some calories on my first day. I'm really hoping this rotation gives me some results. :D

Hi ladies. Sorry for being MIA yesterday. DH and I went for a run. He had done weights so we opted for a fast, 4 mile rather than slower 6 mile. I also did the weights only part of the W&P abs.

Today should be upper body weights plus plyo. I wish I could have gotten up early and gotten it done. May try to do the weights at lunch then plyo after work. Just not up to doing long workouts right now. Seems daunting for some reason.

Belinda
- we all have those days when the weights seem to weigh more than they say!!!

Debbie - sorry to hear your neck still isn't 100%. At least once you got moving it was better though (and good job on the cardio).

Roxie - good job with your walk last night.

Hi Wendy, Chris, Jessica, Nora!!!

Good Morning,

Tonite will be LIS original I am going to skip the walk after yesterday don't think my legs could take it and the wind is suppose to gust to 30mph really don't want to deal with it since I will be driving a van all day.

Debbie-good job on the cal burn I think I will start your rotation next month.

Belinda-some days we are better than others.

Heather-nice job on the run today and I hear you about the workouts.

Roxie - I meant that we ran yesterday. I'm still not awake!!

Good Morning,

Tonite will be LIS original I am going to skip the walk after yesterday don't think my legs could take it and the wind is suppose to gust to 30mph really don't want to deal with it since I will be driving a van all day.

Debbie-good job on the cal burn I think I will start your rotation next month.

Belinda-some days we are better than others.

Heather-nice job on the run today and I hear you about the workouts.

Hi ladies! Looks like some good workin' out going on in here!
As for me - I've decided I need to focus on Kick hardcore for the next couple of weeks. Its a long story but basically, we have a new release (i.e. ten new tracks to learn) in two weeks before we launch the new rotation to our gym members and I'm still not sure I've passed (or will pass) the video assessment so I'm going to work my butt off the next few weeks to make sure I prove that I'm worthy of passing the assessment AND getting a class of my own on the schedule in the not-too-distant future. So that means I'm cutting way back on other workouts to make sure I'm focused - that means no weights, limited other cardio aside from Kick and a focus on boosting my core strength so I can kick and punch harder. Ugh, this will not be easy for me as I love weight training, running and spinning but I just can't do it all and work as hard as I need to with Kick. <sigh>

So that's on my mind today for sure. But alas, I'm sure it'll work out, I'm hoping so anyway!

On to personals :)
Belinda - I'm jealous of your STS work already, how sad is that?
Debbie - nice calorie burn! You must be so glad to be pretty much back in action huh?
Heather - ack plyo, love to hate those plyo moves!!
Roxie - LOVE LIS, its one of my faves :)

Back to report on weights. Ran home and did them at lunch, but didn't have time for the Plyo. I'll have to do that after work, but it's only 30 mins so not a huge biggie.

Same as last week only supersetting the exercises. 3 sets of 8 reps. I did have to sub flyes for press b/c DH wasn't home to spot.

SS#1
Upright rows - 21.5's/21's/21's (up 1.5 then 1 from last week, form was off with 21.5's)
Alternating bicep curls - 21's/21's/20 (made 3 on 3rd set then had to drop down. Was up 1# until dropped)

SS#2
Flat bench DB flyes - 26.5's
DB pullovers - 30 (up 3#)

SS#3
Overhead triceps extension - 23 (up #3)
DB preacher curls - 15.5's/15.5's/15's (started off up .5#. I absolutely hate this exercise)

Jessica - you know my thoughts. I definitely think just focusing on kick for a couple of weeks will be beneficial. Maybe toss in a nice run to get out and enjoy the weather though.

Belinda - Let me know how you like that rotation. I may try it again after this rotation that I started today.

Roxie - Nice job with LIS. I'm not sure I've ever done that workout yet. I know it's in my new rotation. It's been windy here too, what's up with that?

Jessica - You make me want to take a Kick class. Sounds like a lot of fun and hard work. I'm sure you'll master it, you seem very determined.

Heather - Nice job on your workout! I can tell you are really loving it.

Nora - I took your advice and went with a rotation with circuit workouts. I'm actually looking forward to not lifting heavy for a few weeks and just concentrate on my endurance and cardio again. So thank you for the advice!

Wendy - Been riding a lot lately and loving it!!! How about you?

Hi girls~:)

I thought I'd just check in quickly and then come back to do personals in a little while.

Here's today's workout:

Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance= 40 Min
Calories burned=650
Yep, the workouts fit the name, because they are insane!:eek:

4DS- (LIS) chest, shoulders,& Tri's premix #10= 34 Min
Calories burned= 279 + 10 minutes core= 44 min total.
Total calories burned= 360

Total calories burned from today's workout=1010:eek:

Ok, that's it for now I will be back later for personals. Have a great day!:)

Hugs!:)

Nora

Holy Freaking Cow! :eek: That's insane. I'd have to work out all day to burn those calories LOL. Seriously - 650 calories in 40 minutes???

Hi girls~:)

I thought I'd just check in quickly and then come back to do personals in a little while.

Here's today's workout:

Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance= 40 Min
Calories burned=650
Yep, the workouts fit the name, because they are insane!:eek:

4DS- (LIS) chest, shoulders,& Tri's premix #10= 34 Min
Calories burned= 279 + 10 minutes core= 44 min total.
Total calories burned= 360

Total calories burned from today's workout=1010:eek:

Ok, that's it for now I will be back later for personals. Have a great day!:)

Hugs!:)

Nora

Holy Freaking Cow! :eek: That's insane. I'd have to work out all day to burn those calories LOL. Seriously - 650 calories in 40 minutes???

SERIOUSLY!! Way to go Nora!!

Though, now I really want to get an HRM so I can see exactly how much I burn during one Kick workout. I swear they are the HARDEST thing I've ever done, more so when I'm teaching vs. just taking the class. I bet there's a difference in calorie burn. Hmm now I need to go buy one! Any suggestions on a good one to buy? Right now I'm just going by the estimates in the workout manager which I know are estimates and not really all that accurate.

SERIOUSLY!! Way to go Nora!!

Though, now I really want to get an HRM so I can see exactly how much I burn during one Kick workout. I swear they are the HARDEST thing I've ever done, more so when I'm teaching vs. just taking the class. I bet there's a difference in calorie burn. Hmm now I need to go buy one! Any suggestions on a good one to buy? Right now I'm just going by the estimates in the workout manager which I know are estimates and not really all that accurate.

Jessica-I have a Polar F4.

Hey

I'm in a crappy mood. Had my yearly eval this morning. It was actually all pretty good, got a raise, nice compliments. But one comment that has really bothered me and I feel horrid about. Made me so upset, cried when I got home. Woke up at 12n to pee (after getting to bed at 9:30am) and couldn't sleep because it's all I could think about.

I'm tired and pooped out, physically and emotionally.

Somehow I cranked out PLB (ouch on that freakin ball!) and then thought it was 20 minutes of Basic Step (which I don't have), when in fact it was 30. So mistakenly I did 20 minutes of Low Impact Step. Oh well, I got gipped 10 minutes.

My boys do have tomorrow off from school tomorrow (teachers day) , so no pressure to get stuff done tonight or in the morning.

I guess that's the good news.

Good Evening,

Decided not to go for a walk tonite drove in the wind all day didn't want to walk in it suppose to gust for the next 3 days, did LIS tonite.

Stats:
37 min
31 in the zone
138 min hr
167 max hr
235 cals burned. Not happy with this but just didn't feel very good.

Hi girls;)

I'm back for personals as promised.;)

Belinda- Wow! Girl you are an STS warrior that's for sure and have definitely earned your stripes. Bravo, and now you want to do a rotation of STS/GS you are a brave lady, good luck to you. I'm sure you'll love it. GS's are always awesome to do and STS is da bomb in my opinion of weight workouts so I'm interested in what your rotation will be. Don't over do it though and always listen to your body. Have fun and again ^^^5's , you go girl~:):cool::eek:

Debbie- Oh I'm glad my suggestion of doing a rotation of circuit workouts was helpful, sometimes its good just to switch off from the other stuff for a while. I know circuit workouts is a blend of cardio and weights, usually much lighter weights than you normally do but it might be a nice change for your muscles to rest a bit. Also, it might make cardio more paletable in this format for you. I hope that it works good for you and that your body gets back to normal without any pain or soreness whatsoever. Believe me I've had a long history with neck and shoulder type pain and its not fun at all. Do what you need to rest and let your body heal up and when your able ease into working out. You are a huge inspiration around here and I and I'm sure all the girls would join me in saying we wish you the best.;)

Heather- I understand about long workouts seeming daunting at times. It definitely can be. Just workout doing whatever you feel you can handle that way its easier to get through those times when you just don't feel up to a long workout. Maybe divide the workout in half, do one half when you start your day or whenever you normally would do it, then do the other half later maybe in the evening that way its more doable. Another option maybe is to do one of KCM's 30 min to fitness there are six total in the series so far and they are all fun and different. Its good to mix things up sometimes even the variety, and length, or by instructor just to get you more into feeling the workout vibe again, its refreshing. Great job on your workout and I bet you had a blast at RT, I'd love to hear about it.;)

Roxie- I'm sure you had a fun workout today with 4DS LIS, there's so much to love about 4DS cathe has lots of awesome premixes to choose from and I love the four main workouts fun and different. Have a good time with your workout today~ Hugs to your for sticking with it!;)

Jessica- Wow, it sounds like you'll be busy learning the new kick stuff and music too. You make Kick sound like lots of fun I bet your an awesome instructor. Keep up the kick'n great job.;) Thanks for the compliments on my calorie burn. Insane totally kicks it up big time. Shaun T is crazy insane fun just like his workouts. Sometime I think he's trying to kill me but then I catch my breath and feel semi normal HR wise during the blessed water breaks. Its good stuff but man do you ever sweat buckets, I know I sure do!:D

Chris- Its nice you don't have to feel urgency to get all kinds of stuff done tonight with kids and errands so that's great. Congrats on your most deserved raise!!! Bravo!!! Nurses Rock!!! Sorry about your lack of sleep or the 1 comment that had distressed you. Please don't let that one comment outweigh all the positives. You did PLB today! Good for you, girl that's awesome! I know about the ball part its so tough. On a good day maybe I can do the pikes on the ball. Most of the time I try and fall. LOL!! Trust me, it aint pretty. LOL:D Have a great night and get some rest. Hugs;)

Wendy- Hi can you believe it we had sun here in albany today and it was 62 degrees:eek: I hope it was nice where you are. Have a great night!;)

Ok, ladies I'm off to watch CSI I love that show and Criminal minds, I think I'm addicted, LOL!!! Have a good night everybody and get lots of rest!

Hugs and seeya at tomorrow's check in;):):cool:

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.