Crazy Strong and Loving It 4/24

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning my friends! I did STS Disc 12 (Legs) this morning- great workout. I burned 477 calories. I always like when Cathe does floor work with a stability ball- good stuff. One legged hamstring roll ins are hard but they work!

Not much going on today- hopefully Belinda is continuing to improve.

Wendy: I had to laugh about what you said with your legs and crossing them in shorts. I can so identify, especially in the last few years when I was pregnant so much. But this is the year to not fear it! Hooray for us!

Nora: Yes, I have Strike Zone- hope you like it. Her combos are not tough to learn at all and seem easily modified. There is one section with spider webs in there- killer upper body. Let me know what you think!

Morning girls! Today I did Mindy Mylreas All Systems GO! I haven't done this one before - just previewed it. ALOT of plyo/jumping moves - My legs were/are absolutely fried! I had to cut out the last strength/cardio segment and skip to the abs and stretch though because I ran out of time. sigh.

Today is a sunny day all around. Its going to be 80 outside today (and I'm stuck at work), however our boss is not here today! :)

We are making more progress with our basement project....hopefully by next weekend....

Good Morning,

Tonite is Burn Circuit 3 and since it is a short one I want to do Recharge since I didn't get to do it the other nite, but I really need some sleep so I am hoping it helps.

Today was Legs and I had a great workout. Wasn't looking forward to the workout but I got it done and I feel great now!

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

LEGS
Front Squats w/Heels Elevated:
45# - 8 sets/9-8 reps
***Wow, my HR sky-rocketed here. This exercise is brutal. I like it better with heels elevated because it hits the quads more.

Alternate Front Lunges:
15's - 8 sets/4 reps each leg (up 3#)
***HR up high here too.

Leg Extensions:
55# - 8 sets/12-11 reps (up 5#)
***By the last three sets my quads were burning.

Hamstring Press on HS w/4 Risers:
15# - 8 sets/16-15 reps (up 3#)
***Glutes really get a good burn with this exercise. So do the hamstrings.

Firewalkers:
Purple Band - 8 sets/12 reps
***LOVE this exercise. Really feel it in the outer thighs.

Barbell Calf Raises:
65# - 8 sets/17-16 reps (up 5#)
***Toes forward, in and out alternating.

HR STATS:
58 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
47 minutes in zone
8 minutes above zone
451 calories burned

That is all....

Checking in -

Came home from work and squeezed in Slo/Mo Back and Shoulders. I think it's supposed to take about 50 min, but I did double arm stuff where she did single arm. I wanted to finish before the kids were dropped off from the bus.
Nice day here - and it's supposed to get better. Too bad I'm working the next 3 days!
Have a great day!

Good Evening,

Just finished burn circuit 3 and recharge.

Stats:
Sumo Squat with Overhead Press 8lbs/12reps going heavier next time
Lunge with Calf Raise 10lbs/12reps increased by 2lbs
Squat with Lateral Raise 8lbs/12reps
Lunge with Frontal Raise 10lbs/12reps increased by 2lbs
Squat with Calf Raise 12lbs/12reps increased by 2lbs
Sumo Squat with Delt Raise 8lbs/12reps
Squat with Double Overhead Press 10lbs/12reps up by 2 reps
Lunge with Lateral Raise 8lbs/12reps
Sumo Squat with Calf Raise 12lbs/12reps increased by 2lbs

32mins
26 in the zone
133 avg hr
163 max hr
193 cals burned
Not a very good calorie burn TTOM

Then did recharge
21min
1 in the zone
109 avg hr
133 max hr
86 cals burned.

I know I'm late, but had a busy day today. FUN busy! It was so beautiful out here!

I did DISC 30, SHoulders, Tri's and Bi's. I went up on my weights, because last week seemed not as hard as it should have been and i didn't get any DOMS. I'm sure I will from today! The backs of my shoulders have felt it all day!

My legs are STILL sore from PLYO on Wednesday.. I ended up doing the nonball stretch from TBS, felt good.!!

After supper , the whole family went for a bike ride to the park. It was soo onice, and I just love riding my new bike!! It's so fun!!

Good night!

Good evening and happy TGIF ladies/fitness warriors!;)

Wow! you've all had a great workout today, bravo~:)

here's my workout today:

My short mix of Cardio Coach Vol. 1= 20 min
Calories burned= 243
Distance= 1.70 Miles
Warmup= 5:00 BPM=117
Challenge 2= 5:43 BPM= 137,144,139
S.S 2= 4:28 BPM= 127
Cool Down= 4:33 BPM= 107

brief rest

Amy Bento's - In the Ring= 75 min
I love kickboxing and love the med ball so you know I enjoyed this workout and so did my abs.

That's it for me today, I've had to try to reduce impact to my knees as best I can without stopping workingout. So, that's why I only did a brief run today, I hate that it was a short one but oh well. Gotta modify for injuries so I am.

Have a great weekend! Seeya at tomorrow's check in.:)

Hugs,;)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.