Crazy Strong and Loving It 4/22

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning! I hope Belinda is at home resting and getting ready to tackle STS again! I miss her morning posts.

I did STS Disc 11 today- back and triceps. It was a good workout- I am lifting a bit heavier for my tricep weights particularly, so that made me very happy. :) Otherwise, not much else is going on- I resisted cardio this morning but I may have to do something light this afternoon. We'll see. I get antsy on back and tri days for some reason.

Have a great day everyone!

Today was Triceps and I had a pretty decent workout. I added an exercise because getting on the treadmill for a half hour was not appealing to me.

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each set.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press:
50# - 8 sets/10-9 reps
***This seemed easy today.

Lying Dumbbell Extensions:
16's - 8 sets/10-8 reps (up 1#)
***Wow, this one gets tough after the 5th set.

Overhead Dumbbell Extension:
26# - 5 sets/13-10 reps (up 1#)
25# - 3 sets/8 reps
***These killed me. I had to drop my weight after the 5th set and it was all I could do to complete 8 reps with the lowered weight.

Double Arm Kickbacks:
5's - 8 sets/14-10 reps
***These are getting easier. Should increase.

Tricep Band Pressdown:
Purple band - 8 sets/14 reps
***This was new for me, wanted to try it. I threw the band over my pullup bar on my power tower, grabbed each end and pulled down on it. I can't believe how well it worked. I felt it big time. Fun exercise!

Then I ended up getting on the treadmill for about 15 minutes but just did a fast walk up an incline.

HR STATS:60 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
53 minutes in zone
:26 seconds above zone
.75 miles travelled
428 calories burned

That is all....

Oh, and that glute muscle that was giving me so much trouble is fine now. Funny how stretching helps that stuff. :rolleyes:

Good Morning,

Tonite is Burn Circuit 2 and it is mostly tricep and bicep work looks like a theme going on here today. Everyone have a good day.

Morning everyone,

Today was 4DS Bootcamp cardio + Flat Abs from Squeeze+ No equipment Stretch Max. I had to go to the doctor today for my annual checkup so I didn't want to workout too hard this morning since I had to fast until after my appointment. Great thing is that I have lost weight since my last check up. YAY!

Karen: Congratulations on the weight loss! That is always nice. How do you like Squeeze, by the way? Does it have bar work or is it all floor work? I'm kind of interested in trying it post STS but not sure if it is for me.

Patti - I don't do the squeeze workouts very often - but during my recovery weeks I have been. The original squeeze has standing and floor work and it used a ball (non-weighted that you can "squeeze"), and very light dumbells. In Squeeze Stronger she does use some stick ( you could use a broomstick - just don't wear one of those black capes...) and it had both standing and floor work. Any time I do them I am usually sore the next day which I find weird since there is no heavy weight involved. I like them - just don't do them very often.

Hi Girls!

I did DISC 29: PLYO LEGS today! I liked it better than the first week's Plyo, I think because there were more moves on the step. Love jumping on the step!!

I reached "puke status" at least twice ... the cardio in that never lets up!

My disc did skip and freeze in the beginning.

Hey. Not sure if you saw my question in OD, but I just got the Health Club Step (the black one, I've had a Reebok step for years prior to this) and it has 2 grooves/indentations going down the length of it, corresponding to the grooves underneath for the riser placement. Do you all have that same step? Do you have grooves like that?

I dont' see them hindering me in any way, and I tried my darnedest to see if Cathe's step had them. It seemed like they could...

But just wondering...

Belinda: Hope you're doing well today! Miss ya!!

Hi-5's to everyone else for great workouts today!!!!

Chris: I meant to answer you yesterday and forgot. No, mine don't have that on the top. I think I would ask for a replacement- never know if over time it would cause issues maybe? Glad you liked the second plyo workout- I haven't done that one yet.

Karen: Thanks. I am in love with heavy lifting but I remind myself often that I want to be working out for the rest of my life so I figure at some point I will want to try everything. Plus, there might be a day that I need something different due to injuries (hopefully not) so it's good to know what other options are out there. On VF there are a lot of people that do barre workouts and that looks interesting too.

Chris - Nice job on the puke status workout! Woo hoo!!! Not sure about my step, I never noticed any grooves. Mine isn't from Cathe, but the risers I did buy from Cathe works fine with my step. Not sure if that's why you were asking.

Oh yes, Debbie's post reminded me- I also had (have) a Reebok step and did buy my new step from Cathe probably 6 months ago- just FYI Chris.

Morning, ladies -

My days just don't seem to have a break!!
I see Belinda is not here - I hope she's recovering...????

I have been doing...
SAT - S&H bi/tri.....45 min/3.7 mile (I think) lake jog
SUN - same lake jog (with family - gorgeous day!)
MON - Original Bootcamp
TUE - KPC with 1lb wrist wgts

Today is Slo/Mo. Need to get my heavy lifting in, so I'll probably split it upper/lower/upper so I can get them in on consecutive days.

Chris - I have Cathe's step and, YES, I have those 2 grooves that run along the length of my step. I don't know if they've always been there - probably. It seems to work just fine.

I hope you each have an awesome day!

Hi ladies. I did 4DS cardio power this morning and just got done mowing the lawn. I didn't get to do any cardio yesterday due to having my colonoscopy so hopefully that made up for my day off.

Belinda-we miss you and hope you are getting better every day.

Have a good one,
Bev

Just finished Burn Circuit 2 thanks to my DH, he wanted me to workout before supper if I would have waited until after it wouldn't have gotten done. Still have a headache.

Stats:
Sumo Squat with Bicep Curl-10lbs/12reps
Lunge with One Arm Tricep Extension-8lbs/12reps
Dead Lift Row-15lbs/11reps
Sump Squat with Overhead Tricep Extension-15lbs/10reps these made my back hurt.
Dead Lift with Double Row-15lbs then 10lbs/11reps back still hurt
Bowlers Lunge with Single Arm Row10lbs/11reps
Fwd Lean lunge with Double Row-10lbs/12reps
Triple Threat Pushups-8reps

39min
33in the zone
135 avg hr
165 max hr
239 calories burned.

Good evening Ladies!;)

Today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 3= 45 min (including the stretch)
Calories burned= 553
Distance= 3.32 miles

w.up/steady state 7:59) BPM=134-135
Challenge 1 (6:02)BPM= 141,143,144,138 sprints= 79%,80%,77% HR.
Steady State 2- (3:10)BPM= 143= 79% HR.
Challenge 2= (10:06) BPM's on sprints= 145,141,144,138=80%,77%,79%,76% HR.
Challenge 3= (2.50) BPM's on sprints= 145,150,148= 80%,84%,83% of MHR.
Cool Down= (4:59)
Stretch= (5:29)

REST

Amy Bento's - All Cardio Hi/Lo Knockout= Premix- Combo Mix= 64 min includes cool down, stretch, and 15 min abs section.
Calories burned= 743
Phew! It was a sweat fest! I had to modify many parts of it because of my Runner's knee issue.

That's it for me today!:)

I miss seeing Belinda's posts, but I'm so relieved that she is recuperating and feeling much better! Hugs to her!

Hugs to everyone else for great workouts today, way to go!!:D

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.