Crazy Strong and Loving It 4/21

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning! I hope Belinda is doing well and is now on the road to recovery!

I did Tracey Staehle's Strike Zone today followed by Cathe's PS abs- good workout and I burned 629 calories. The calf feels pretty good so I'm happy.

Have a great day everyone!

Today was Biceps and I had an excellent workout. Burned some major calories today.

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each set.

BICEPS
Dumbbell Curls:
15's - 8 sets/8 reps
***Probably should have raised this a pound or two but by the last set I was struggling. HR spikes with thise exercise.

EZ Preacher Curls:
35# - 8 sets/8-7 reps (up 5#)
***Good weight for this, not sure I can go up any higher here.

Reverse Up, Curl Downs:
12's - 8 sets/6 reps
***Probably could have added pound here.

Hammer Curls:
15's - 8 sets/8 reps
***Good weight, was wiped after this.

Then I got on my treadmill and did Cardio Coach #6c, Challenge 1 & 2. Both are sprints. Really got my HR up with that.

Not sure whats going on with my HR monitor. It kept losing my HR during the sprints. I was getting pissed. Maybe the battary needs changed. It's just unusual that I'm having trouble with this, I haven't had any problems with it since Gene got it for me.

HR STATS:
65 minutes total
2 minutes below zone
37 minutes in zone
27 minutes above zone
1.5 miles travelled
528 calories burned
:eek: :eek: :cool:

Hey everyone,

Today was IMax 2. I was going to do a shorter cardio but I saw that this one is under a hour so I figured what the heck. I felt pretty good, considering my burst of energy last night. (I tried the first plyo legs disc and only did the plyo moves - my butt hurts again this morning...)

We are getting rain and snow today - lovely.

Good Morning,

Tonite is 4ds LIS step only and the CLX Recharge which is yoga hoping that it will help relax me enough I can sleep.

Belinda-hope everything went well and you will be able to breathe again.

Debbie-I posted my stats last nite if you have time would you please take a look at them?

Patti-good workout.

Karen-Imax 2 is a toughie really gets the hr up.

Everyone have a good day.

FROM YESTERDAY:

Hey Debbie - I'm here - just been busy. My butt really hurts today from yesterdays KPC. Weird. When I say that it reminds me of that easter joke with the two chocolate bunnies. One has their butt bitten off and the other with its ears missing. Bunny 1 "My butt hurts" Bunny 2 "what?" lol

LMAO!!! That's funny! Good sign that your butt was/is hurting!! :eek:

Debbie: Hope your aches feel better. It does sound like your body needs a good stretch. I did THE best stretch from FitTV last week, It was Michelle Lemay, "Stretch Fusion". It was the best stretch I've ever done for my hips , it felt amazing!

I'll have to check that stretch out. Sounds like something I really need to try! Thanks!!!

Debbie you'll be proud of me. I tackled the entire Cardio Coach Volume 5 and live to tell the tale.:p:eek:

:eek: :eek: Nice job Nora!!! So did you think it was hard???

Debbie - sorry to hear that your having some stubborn reoccuring tightness/soreness. Just a suggestion- try the corn pillow on it. The heat could relax the tightness.

Good plan, I will do that Nora. I never think to use that on my butt end. LMAO!! But you are right, it will help. I'll do that tonight. Thanks!

Just finished Burn Circuit 1

Stats:
Sumo Squat with Hip Lift 10lbs 12reps
Lunge with Posterior Fly 8lbs 12reps
Pushup with Leg Lift but stayed on my knees LT wrist hurts 12
Dead Lift with Posterior Fly 8lbs 12reps
Lunge with Core Rotation 12lbs 12reps
Bench Press & Leg Lower 12lbs 12reps
Squat with Side Bend 12lbs 12reps
FWD-Lean Lunge with Posterior Fly 8lbs 12reps
Chest Fly with Hip Lift 10lbs 12reps

38min
32 in zone
139 avg hr
169 max hr
245 calories burned.

Then did 5mins of ab work.

Roxie - It's hard for me to say "lift with 12's for the sumo's" or "use 20's for bench press." I can't dictate what weights you should be using because I have no idea how strong you are. What you need to do is consciencely lift 2-3# more each workout. So where you are using 10's for the sumo squats, next time use 12's. This is the only way to improve. Even if you feel like you can't complete the reps, do the exercise until you need to stop. Rest a few and then continue. You'll find that your body will adjust quickly and you'll be lifting heavier with each workout.

Hey Girls...

I did a weird little mish mosh of cardio this morning. The rotation called for MIC Hi/Lo only, and then Cathe's Quick Fix Cardio (which I don't like so much). I really didn't feel like doing either of those, so I started with the original IMAX. I did 3 intervals, and then thought about Plyo Legs scheduled for Wednesday, and switched over to MIC Hi/Lo! :eek: Hi/lo really kicks my butt , I'm not used to that kind of cardio, and it drives my HR up there! Afterwards , I did Power 90's Ab Ripper 200.

My 3 boys are home this week from school , on Spring Break. It's rainy and damp and cool out, so there's a little craziness going on here. I've already lost my patience. I'm shipping my 2 younger boys over to my mom's for a sleepover. Either that or start drinking!

Hope Belinda is doing ok!

Patti: Good calorie burn!

Debbie: sounds like you got a good one in today! Do you get DOMS from all that weight work still?

Karen: I *heart* IMAX2, fun and great sweat!

Roxie: Nice workout planned for today!

Nora: Hi-5's on CC #5, I know you were dreading it a little!

Good evening ladies!:D

Hip Hip horay for Belinda she's finally gotten her sinus congestion/infection dealt with once and for all. I'm so thrilled for her and wish her all the best and speedy recovery.

Debbie, yes it did surprise me that Cardio Coach Volume 5 was definitely harder in many ways but not beyond my ability to do it and complete it successfully. I felt so thrilled and victorious that I'd tackled that beast and won.:eek:

Today's workout:

Cardio Coach Vol. 4 my mix of it the short version= 22 min
Calories burned= 307
Distance= 2.10 miles
Warmup (4:49) BPM= 112
Challenge 1 sprints (8:14) BPM's on sprints= 138,143,148,148= 76% to 83%MHR.
Cool Down (3:09) BPM= 132 (75% of MHR)
Stretch= (6:17) BPM= 90 HR

Amy Bento's- In the Ring- Premix- Great NRG Mix= 52 min
Calories burned= 568
So much fun!

STS- ABS Circuit= Med ball Abs= 10 min
Calories burned= 68

That's it for me today ladies! See ya all tomorrow.

Hugs!;)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.