Crazy, Strong and Loving It for 2/9

Again today I did that Foam Roller workout. I realized (now that I know the workout pretty well) that Keli doesn't do the outer thigh and hamstring rolls for the right side. She does them for the left side but not the right. I paused the DVD and did it for my right side and then continued to the next part. Weird.

I have to say, my pain and tightness is almost gone. I still feel tension in my neck area in the late afternoon, but I feel wonderful during most of the day. I haven't had a knot in my shoulder blades since I started this.

Morning Debbie and all who follows,

Debbie - so glad the foam roller is helping and you almost pain free. Hope it stays that way;) I need to start using mine! Have you seen my post from last night? If not, i will ask again:eek: have you ordered Cathe's new workouts or the last series? Do you like the last series? Can't remember if you bought them or not:confused: sorry, for asking again:):) BTW, thanks for starting us off again, I am just to lazy to get out of bed these days, lol!

Nora - so sorry for all the pain you went through yesterday (((HUGS)))

Chris - what's are you doing today?

Roxie - thanks for your reply yesterday. I am still on the fence:eek: I just have so many DVDs I haven't done yet:rolleyes::confused:

I will be back later

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is KCM 30mins to WTs workout #2 with cardio rests. I have to help deliver a heavy duty power wheelchair today hoping I don't pull something trying to lift it.

Debbie-glad to hear the foam roller is helping you.

Belinda-I have to many workouts to buy some that I am pretty sure will just sit unopened.

Hi Girls! :)

Today was Yoga day for me. Supposed to be YogaX, but as much as I really don't mind this one, I just didn't feel it. Instead I did Cathe's Yoga Relax .... oooooh there are some good deep long stretches in that one! Felt good! I warmed up with 10 minutes of Tabata Inferno. I really like that quickie calorie burn!!! Kicks it!

Still had a headache when I got up, but again, I took the Aleve-D early (6am) and this time, NO MORE HEADACHE! I truly hope this is a turned corner. I can not take it anymore. .....

Belinda: Oh. An ear infection. Yikes! I don't blame you for putting off the surgery. Especially if your DH is having problems. The poor guy!

Debbie: Nice job on that roller. I was too cold last night to do it! LOL! I huddled under my heated blanket and watched TV. I was SO COLD! I need to do it today though. Found a good instructional page on SparkPeople on what stretches to do. . Glad you're feeling better!!

Roxie: Do you get frequent sinus infections too? If this doesn't go away, I will go to the doctor's next week. I hate the doctor's. LOL!. .... Sounds like you're doing great with KCM's! Hope the W/C lift went ok. Use your legs!!!

Nora: Oh my gosh, I could not believe your dental appt yesterday! WOW! :eek: It sounds so tramatic!!!! I know, I have TMJ, so if my mouth is open too long, I get spasms and pain and it gets stuck. I know what you mean about those Xrays and the big heavy thing sticking out of your mouth , you're supposed to "clench". It's TOUGH!!! . Don't ever get fitted for a mouth guard. I think it's worse than the xrays. They put this NASTY pasty clay stuff in your mouth, and it GAGS you. I'm gagging thinking about it! ... At least you got your workouts done before that appt! ... If you think of it, let me know what you think about STS Meso 2 Back and Biceps compared to P90X Back and Biceps.

Good Afternoon,

The wheelchair delivery went better then expected kind of excited to find out I can lift 215lbs.

Chris-I don't get them very often but when I do its a dozzie.

Nora-when I get x-rays they have to use the children size slides because my mouth is to small for the adult ones and they also make me gag.

:)Hi girls!;)

I finished today's workout and it was fun. I'll just check-in now.

Here's today's workout:

KCM 30 MTF-Weights- Premix- Workout #2A w/abs & Active Rests= 30 Min
Met Value= 6.0
Calories burned= 246

Mindy Mylrea- Short & Sweet- Tabata w/cool down stretch= 28 Min
Met Value= 10.50
Calories burned= 401
Distance= 5.84 Miles

Total Calories burned= 647;)

Debbie- I'm glad your experience pain relief with the foam roller workout I do with Keli Roberts. I wanted to let you know that session 1 does one side of glutes and piriformis muscle etc. it will end and go back to the menu. Select session 2 to get the other side of glutes and pirifomis muscles etc. and back of shoulder, when session 2 is done it will again go back to main menu. If you selection session3 it is neck and core stabilization. I was confused also when I did this dvd the third time then selected session 2 and then the othe side was completed. I thought how odd before that, but I think they did it this way for maximum time efficiency so you can do only one side if you'd like. I do feel so much better when I do this workout and find if I do this everyday before I move around it helps and I can go through my day with minimal if any pain, its a gem of a workout. So glad I found it and I'm happy to share this gem with others to help them with muscle soreness and pain relief. Its awesome this workout is helping make such a huge difference for you too. ;):)

Belinda- Thanks for the hugs. I hope all is well with you and your new house. Workout when you can and take care of yourself. Hugs! ;)

Chris- Glad you had fun with a Tabat Inferno warm up and then enjoyed Cathe's wonderful Yoga Relax, that's a goodie. Oh about your question on
P90X Chest & Back vs. STS Meso 2 Chest and Back workout. Hmmm I'd say Cathe's STS is harder and more involved because Cathe targets all the biceps muscles and angles and Tony's although good is not as thorough. If I had to choose which was best I'd say STS hands down but its approach is different. I think both are good but Cathe's is more thorogh and will fine tune stuff you'd never have thought of. My favorites of STS is Meso 2 and 3. I think its important not to skip Meso 1 because it builds muscles to support for Meso 2 and 3 so it is essential. Cathe designed them to be used in order and having done it I agree. Cathe produced STS and meant it to be So very comprehensive and detailed to work each muscle and works to build a very lean sculpted muculature. Its awesome. P90X is great and has benefits to it absolutely, not taking away from it. Just P90X is great precursor to STS to do before trying STS. I'd suggest a nice week or so long break between programs though. Both programs are great but my pick is for Cathe for most bang for your buck. P90X is great overall conditioning but to me lacked variety, I wanted more cardio, leg work when I did P90X but I think being a Cathlete your spoiled and expect all that in every workout, not so with different instructors. P90X is structured more for general fitness and strength gains targeting a general audience of various fitness levels. Cathe's already starts with the premiss that we have learned stuff from her in previous videos and understands we are experience home workout people. That's not to say Cathe doesn't instruct and stress great form, she always always does that's a given. Its really just a matter of what your fitness goals and what are you wanting to achieve and time constraints. Its all good at keeping us on the fitness quest. Its sort of like a salad the more veggies and good stuff you put in the better and the outcome is even better than the sum of the parts. Its all good stuff!

Roxie- Ooh take it easy on lifting that wheel chair today. Remember keep your back straight and lift with your knees, and be careful. Great workout with KCM's Weight with active rests sounds awesome. I know I did workout 2active ab rests, I just had to squeeze in abs. Be careful today and be safe!;) I did email you the rotation you asked for. I hope you got it? Take care!;)

Hugs to everyone!;):)

Nora

Good Evening,

Tonite I did KCM 30Mins to WTs with Cardio Rests, I didn't get the calorie burn I wanted I had never done the cardio on this one so I didn't know what to expect.

Stats:
29 min
22 in the zone
123 min hr
154 max hr
144 cals burned.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.