Crazy, Strong and Loving it for 2/8

I did that foam roller workout again this a.m. and I can't believe what relief it gives me with the tightness in my upper back. Last night it got tight again, but not like it has been. This morning I feel pretty good and can move my head from side to side without too much pain. It is working. I don't remember what it feels like to be able to turn my head without pain and stiffness. Isn't that terrible?

I'm going to order another one of Karen Voights stretching workouts - it's a total body stretch for 52 minutes. I'm looking forward to trying that one as soon as I get it.

I'm going to do the foam roller tomorrow and Friday again. If this pain goes away and stays away I'll be very happy.

I think I'm going to have to re-thinking my workout rotations. I'm thinking my heavy lifting days are over. I just wish they weren't so addicting for me. I think I'm going to have to start doing some total body workouts - higher reps and then add in stretching and cardio. How the heck I'm going to do all that is beyond me. But I can't keep going like this. I am doing more damage than good to myself.

Nora - Yes, it is helping. Still not totally pain free but it looks like it's going in that direction. Very happy about that.

Chris - Yes, it's suppose to hurt. Until the muscles relax and get massaged good it hurts. Sometimes it hurts all the time, I know my glute muscles and hip muscles always hurt when I foam roll. That's a good thing, though. It means it's getting in there and massaging the bad away.

Roxie & Belinda - Hi girls! Been reading your stuff, just don't have much time to reply. Belinda, I hope you start feeling better soon.

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is KCM Bootcamp Cardio and I need to throw in some abs.

Debbie-glad to hear the roller is helping and I know its hard to admit but now that we are getting older we have to do a little less then we did before.

Nora-I would love that CLX/TF rotation you talked about.

;)Roxie, I did pm you the rotation you asked for but not sure it went through, too many words on the word count or something. So, if you pm me your email I can send it that way. Let me know.;)

Nora

Hey girls,

No workout to report today, I am sick (my stomach is upset, not sure why:( took it easy today. Will try to get a workout in tomorrow. Next week is a recovery week for me, can't wait.

Debbie - so sorry about your shoulder, maybe in a few weeks your shoulder will get better ((HUGS)) Did you order Cathe's new workouts??? Did you oder her last series? Can't remeber:eek:

Roxie, Chris and Nora awesome job on your workouts girls. SO, who is odering Cathe's new workouts? I am not sure, what's going on....I am on the fence about these workouts:eek::eek:

Good night, ladies!

Hi Girls!

Sorry I'm late today. Had a crappy day with a crappy sinus headache yesterday and woke up with it again today. Took some medication and was able to do my workout. Subbed in Meso 2 , Disc 15, Back & Biceps for P90X's Back & Biceps. (My disc doesn't work in my workout room's DVD player). I also did Ab Ripper X. Pretty much had the headache all day. But light enough so I could get things accomplished.

Belinda: How are your sinuses? I wonder, what signals you that you have an infection? Is it stuffiness/congestion? I don't have that, but I have wicked pain and my nose will drip clear.

Debbie: Nice job on the Foam Roller today! I guess I'll keep doing it, sounds like I was doing it right. Seems like maybe you could use a change up from the heavy weights. Is this a common injury for long term weight lifters? Just wondering.

Roxie: Awesome job on KCM and Yoga yesterday. Hope you have a good Bootcamp tonight.

Nora: Thanks for all the info on P90X and your son. I have a feeling it might be a bit out of my son's comfort zone too. But he wants to try. He's been busy this week with school and basketball, so we haven't done it yet. ... The Tabata Inferno from S90 is VERY cool. You don't even have to do it all. You could do 2 of the segments or 1 even , for 4 minutes. You should give it a whirl!! .... Definitely YogaX is super long. I modify the balance poses, actually ANY of the harder poses, to what I can do. I usually do Tree Pose like Cathe does it on her Yoga. I TRY some of the others and am slowly getting a TINY bit better at them. After the harder balance poses, it's ALL stretching stuff, so I like that. If I have time, I like to do the whole thing. .... You are a SUPER STAR Graduate!! WOW!!! I am impressed! Hey, do you remember P90X's Back & Bicep workout? Do you think STS Back & Biceps is equivelent? or harder? or easier? .... Anyways, YOU are doing great on the KCM's and adding on some Jari Loves too!! Always impressed and inspired by you!

Chris, I have the stuffiness/congestion and the pain in my head/neck and I have pressure in my face/chest. For some crazy reason, I have an ear infection (my inner ear is swollen) along with my sinus infection, weird!! My nose will drip clear at first, than green. My doc called me like 8 times since Oct, to get the surgery:eek: I can't get it know, my husband can't hardly walk with this hip, no way he can handly this house and dogs. My husband is getting his surgery done around March, once he is ok, I will get my surgery. Hopefully this one will do the trick;) Hope you feel better soon. Are you on meds? I alwas have antibiotic with me, just in case. I also have lots pain killers with codin, I don't like taking them:confused: regular meds over the counter don't work anymore:confused:

Good night!

Good Evening,

Tonite I did KCM Bootcamp Cardio and Turbo Jam Standing Abs.

KCM Stats:
30 min
16 in the zone
144 min hr
172 max hr
195 cals burned.

Abs:
9 min
8 in the zone
134 min hr
156 max hr
54 cals burned.

Belinda-no new workouts for me just not interested in high impact anymore.

Chris-I always have pain in my cheekbone above and below one high and when I bend over my head and face really hurt that is how I know I have and infection.

Hi girls!;)

I just now finished my workout. Before I went to the dentist I did my foam roller workout so I wasn't in pain and felt good. I went to the dentist today for a cleaning and I was so messed up afterwards. No, it wasn't my teeth that hurt. I hurt from them putting my head in uncomfortable positions and my mouth and jaw as well to do the full series of films on my teeth they do every five years, and lucky me I was due. At one point I nearly gagged and barfed on the lady putting the films and positioning my head for x rays. She wanted me to hold this thing in my mouth that extended out from my face by clamping down on it with my teeth but it triggered my gag reflex. I told her I could not hold it in my mouth any longer without triggering my gag reflex and she's in the line of fire. She told me I had to hold it in place because there was no other way to get xrays of those particular teeth involved, ugh. I was so not happy. At this point my neck now feels like I've got full on whip lash and the tight rigged muscles and pain that go with it. Ugh, finally done then I get up out of chair to follow her down to the room the hygienst is to do my teeth cleaning and find I'm now so dizzy I can't walk to steady myself at all unless I use one hand to guide me touching the wall as I slowly make my way to the room. I proceed with the teeth cleaning only to discover my jaw and mouth feel like they've been stretched like silly puddy and hurt. My neck is still excrucitiating and tears are forming slightly tearing up my eyes. Once the teeth cleaning is done I'm ready to go and I again am dizzy and uncoordinated and need to steady my balance by touching the wall on the way out to the receptionist to fill out a card to either schedule ahead for six months cleaning or have them send me a card. I discover I can't focus enought to make out any of the words on the card. I ask the receptionist what does it say and she looks at me strangely, ugh I attempt to fill it out and can't be sure if I was able to write anything legibly or not with my numb hand (due to MS nerve damage). I went home and proceeded to use my heated corn pillows for 3-4 hours before I could move with a semi- normal amount of pain for me. I've been to the dentist plenty of times but never had this happen to me before. This was scary like a mini temporary MS attack and it was scary and painful. My teeth & gums came through with flying colors but I didn't handle it so well. Ok I'll now check in.

Here's today's workout:

KCM 30MTF-Boot Camp-Premix- Cardio Only= 30 Min
Met Value= 7.0
Calories burned= 287

Turbo Fire- HiiT 15= 17 Min
Met Value= 10.0
Calories burned= 232

Tutorial= 6 min
did tutorial as warmup
KCM 30MTF-Lift- Workout # 1 Olympic Lifting= 25 Min= 31 Min total
Met Value= 6.0
Calories burned= 254

Total Calories burned= 773

Ok girls, I caved on Cathe's pre-order after I did some research online to find out about Multi-Impact, it means both High impact and low impact. So, I didn't feel so bad about that and did pre-order realizing that Cathe will have premixes as well. I did take advantage of the 30% off ordering High Step Training and Total Body Stretching as well. So, I did a little pre-shopping for my birthday in May. Now, I'm broke:( Oh well that's how it goes, right. So many exercise dvd's to do and so little money to buy them with. I feel better buying Cathe's stuff than beachbody at the moment I'm irritated at them for not selling Les Mills Pump without the lame bar and collars. I just wanted the workout dvds and use my own bar, but nooo. Oh well, no sale for them then. Although, I will be ordering the additional TF workouts when they are released. Chalene's sister, Jennelle told me they would not be a full blown system again, just added workouts instead so not 12 dvds probably 3 or 6 something like that. I cant wait!!! I love me some TF!! Well, ladies I'm pretty beat today still recovering from this mornings dental appointment, so forgive me for not doing personals. I did read them though, awesome job ladies as per your usual WTG!!!

ps Roxie, I did email you the rotation. ;)

Hugs to everyone!;):)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.