Crazy Stong and Loving It! for June 12th - TGIF!!

fitvix

Cathlete
I'll start things off for today...

Today was cardio:
Amy Bentos Kickbox Surge: 451 cals burned

I didn't do the abs at the end because I ran out of time. But I may tack some on tonight since there is only one day of abs this week in the rotation. I've only done this workout twice now and I still can't get that last "surge" down! augh!

Anyone have plans for the weekend? I'm thinking of getting my hair trimmed. It seems unruly lately...but then again, as soon as I "think" about cutting it - it always behaves...huh...

Have a great Friday everyone! :)

Good morning. I just got done doing the final disc in STS!!!! WEW HEW! I will miss the workouts but certainly won't miss that extended stretch. I was really getting tired of doing that.

Karen-good job on Amy Bento's Kickbox Surge. I want to try that one again next week during my recovery week. I've only done it once and didn't do so good.

Patti-yes I'm getting excited for the NYC Cathe trip. Believe me if I were going to the RT I wouldn't be doing this. But I decided to splurge since I'm not able to do that this year.

We have a 25th anniversary party tonight and tomorrow night there is a wine and cheese party in our neighborhood so we have a busy weekend. I just might celebrate finishing STS and have some snacks!

Have a good day.

Bev

Morning! I did Step Blast this morning- did it a week or so ago so I wasn't sure I wanted to do it. Then I got started and had a lot of fun. I love the music in this one. I might try it with Cathe's voice lower and the music louder next time since I know it pretty well now.

Bev: Congratulations! I wish you were going to the RT- would have been fun to meet you. That goes for all of you! I think I'm the only one going in this group, right?

Karen: I like that WO- only done it twice. As typical with most of Amy's workouts for me, I usually flub some stuff. But it is so darn intense that I still get a great workout- I figure I'll pick it all up eventually, right?? I guess that is especially true now that we won't be seeing any new ones from her for a while. :(

Later everyone!

Good Morning,

Tonite is Lean Circuit 3 and then I need to find time to make up Lean Circuit 2. I am alittle confused this morning don't know whether to be happy or upset, I have a wt. watchers scale and you can either just step on it or do the programed, well first I just stepped on it and it read 126lbs so then I decided to do the programmed one for my ht and age it then read 120lbs which is my goal wt but I still feel fat so I don't know which one to believe.

Today was cardio and I got some workouts from Netflix. I need something different from Cathe or Cardio Coach so I got this kickboxing workout from an instructor named Kimberly Spreen and the workout is called Absolute Kickboxing. I loved her. This workout kept my HR in my neutral zone, didn't get into my anaerobic zone for too long. I liked this. With cathe's workouts and Cardio Coach your HR spikes up throughout the HIIT workouts. This was NOT an HIIT workout and I really loved the change.

Fun challenges, however, it was an hour and a half long. I stopped it at an hour and 10 minutes because I just don't have time for such long workouts. I didn't realize it was this long when I started it. The first 35 minutes is kickbox cardio and the next 20 minutes is more of a strength/circuit type thing with a body bar. I did three challenges from that and then stopped it. They were fun, I really enjoyed them There is also an ab section but I skipped that as well. If I have time I may do it tomorrow.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 10 minutes
10 minutes below zone
57 minutes in zone
10 minutes above zone
583 calories burned
:eek:

I also have Amy Bento's "In the Ring" and I'll try that one next week.

It's so fun finding different instructors. I use to be so stuck on Cathe, and then Cardio Coach. I think I'm going to have a good time finding new workouts with different instructors for a while.

Hey Everyone!!

i wasn't feeling it so much this morning, but pushed myself into doing Boot Camp Everything But Core Premix followed by ME Abs. BC is always a good sweat!

Work as usual for me this weekend....though DH is home with the boys, so I don't feel as pressured and nervous as I do with a sitter.

Karen: Good workout today!!!!

Bev: Congrats on finishing STS!!! I know I felt kind of sad at the end of it, but it was nice to get into other workouts too! enjoy your weekend!

Patti: SB is fun and sweaty! From yesterday, I stopped drinking diet soda the first of the year. Thinking back, I think my cravings for sweets has definitely diminished. I used to get WILD cravings on my way to work, and stop for a bag of M&M's or sicky sweet stuff, like Twizzlers, on drive in. I have no desire to do that anymore! Nope, no RT for me this year either. It's tough when i have to plan my 4 weekends off a year to fit in an extra.

Roxie: WTG on your weight!!! both are excellent numbers!!

Debbie: Must have posted at the same time! I know what you mean about being stuck on Cathe and then discovering new workouts too. I had no idea I'd like Mindy Mylrea as much as I do either. It's fun to switch up sometimes!! great cardio day!!

There must have been a case of I'm not feeling my workouts day yesterday. I couldn't get into the ab work I did last nite and someone else on another checkin said she just wasn't into her workout either. I think I am just getting burned out on Chalene.

Hi girls, yeah T.G.I.F!!!!:eek:

Here's today's workout:

Jillian Michaels iFit card-Lose Wt. Level 2,Wk3,Prgm 2= 35 minutes
Distance= 2.66 miles
Calories burned= 475

BPM- 151= 83% of Max HR in zone.

STS-Disc#8 Back and Triceps= 56 minutes
Calories burned= 459
I loved the dropsets, those were fun. I had a great workout today, and sweated buckets I my workout clothes were soaking wet when I was done. I was so ready for a nice shower.

Ab hits= Abs from Maximum Instensity Strength= 8 min.
Calories burned= 66

Debbie- I have that workout "Absolute Kickboxing" by Kimberly Spreen, and "Cardio Combat Surge" also by Kimberly Spreen. I like both of those workouts they are fun and definitely make you work and sweat.

Ok, I'm not feeling well today, so I'll make this short. I hope everyone has had a great workout today and patted themselves on the back that today's Friday and we've made it through the work week!!!

I'll seeya all at the check in tomorrow!

Hugs!:)

Nora

Last edited:
Here are my workout stats:

Lean Circuit 3
Squat with Cross Body Chop-15lbs/reps each side up 3lbs
Reverse Lunge & Arnold Press-12lbs/24reps up 2lbs
Chest Fly with Hip Lift-15lbs/12reps up 3lbs
Kneeling Overhead Press & Center Crunch-12lbs/10reps up 2lbs
Push-up with Side Plank-12eps 4 on toes
Dead Lift with Frontal Press-12lbs/5reps, 10lbs/7reps
Traveling Pushups-13 stationary
Chest Fly Abduction-10lbs/12reps
Army Crawl-12reps

38min
22 in the zone
125 min hr
159 max hr
206 cals burned

Checking in -

I copied what Plyo Legs Disc 26 is from you tube and did that today. It took me 38 minutes. I have no idea how long it is supposed to take - I guessed on some of the reps and didn't take long rests.....Avg HR 138/Max 169/Cal 271
I think I have one of Kimberly Spreens kickbox workouts on queue at Netflix. I have to space my workout videos and movies apart so my husband doesn't get to exasperated.
Nora, you always have great workouts. Good for you!
Roxie, nice job upping your weights. It seems like you've been pretty consistent with the workouts, way to go!
As always, ladies, enjoy your evening and have a great weekend....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.