Crazy Sexy Cool Ontarians! Monday, Feb 16

morningstar

Cathlete
Well, today's the day Cathe is starting STS - are any of you joining her? I did her Extended Stretch this morning with my CLX, and will be continuing to use that along with her Ab Circuits - just so I don't feel out of the loop completely!

Yes, I started STS this morning! All I can say is - WOW. I finished the extended stretch half an hour ago and I'm just drinking my shake - my arm is still shaking as I lift my glass. Can't really type a whole lot - maybe arms will come back later.

Stebby

Hello ladies,
I am not joining Cathealthough, I would have liked to. I have
just been to busy and hav not done my 1RM yet.

I didn't even try any of my new workouts on Saturday as I over indulged
this weekend and barley made it out to my run club on Saturday let alone play with new DVD (lol).

Don't feel out of the loop Morningstar, I am reaaly out of the loop. I haven't even tried any of my new Cathe DVD's yet!!!
I know that I will eventually get to my new workouts I have them for life now :) I just need to finish up my current traing schedule at the gym with my PT. I am also doing a 1/2 marathon clinic which ends in May. My plan is to do a Cathe video on Saturdays and then in April do the a weight rotation 3days a week and start STS this summer ( if I can wait that long...peer pressure).

Did you all enjoy the weekend?
Mary :)

Hi Yall!

Yes Morningstar, I'm going to start STS this week with Cathe, Yippee!! I did some more 1RM testing yesterday and I feel now that I did enough to start. I kind of understand what my weights are intuitively and I won't be able to do the leg DVD's so I just did the basics of the 1RM's and will wing it from there. I may not even do too much of the Back/Tricep discs since I like to go to the gym to do them along with my physio legs. I like the way the workout card gives you your suggested weight when you've done your testing. I think that's so cool!:D Hey, Stebby don't spill anything!:p That's great Hdawg that your staying focused with your plan, STS and all your yummy Cathe dvd's will all be there for you and great idea to do one of hers each Saturday!:D

Well I just finished doing Imax 2 up to Interval 9. I'm getting better each time I do it! I still have to take some standing breaks in between—intead of doing the side-stepping I stand instead until I catch my breath and then continue sidestepping with them. One day I'll be able to keep moving with them but for now that's how I do it. Then I did Namaste Yoga's Dancing Sun episode (awesome!!) for my cool down stretch as per Elle's excellent example!! Tomorrow hopefully will be STS Disc 1. Hey, Stebby and Bri will you be doing the STS checkin with Cathe also? I'm going to try.

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Happy family Day to you all !!! I went on an hour walk with kids and dogs today. Then I did Drill Max pre-mix Mixed Cardio Blast, had a little energy left so I did my own stepping for an additional 15 mins. Saw son outside on his own so I picked up the old ball and gloves and played catch for another hour or so. (thought it was only half hour!! Time really does fly when your having fun;);))

Stebby - Hotties :D Love it LOL. Sounds like your really loving the skating, you go girl it is not easy. I taught myself to skate got as far as skating backwards, and can lift one leg straight back and glide, and circle. That was many moons ago now though:rolleyes:

Elle - wow are you alergic to some thing do you know what set it off?
Take care of yourself, hives are NO Fun:( Awesome you did RTTC and your still teaching, glad to hear you get nappy time too. :):)

Twinkletoes - I love BM2 pre-mixes do them quite often, I plan to do STS but maybe just be behind a little then catch up some how. I am doing meso cycle 3, and I am seeing graet results :D So I might just finish it then jump right back in with you all;)

Morningstar - We're going to rock doing our pull ups, we can do it :D:D
Wow, sounds like you have your work outs planned for the year, or more !!
I know you are hard core so how is CLX is it as tough as Cathe, and P90X ?
I know you can allways choose heavier weights in any given work out, but with Cathe in the gym styles or Pure strength I always had to put the dvd on pause to recover properly. I think that's why I am soooooooo loving Meso 3 heavy weight, Cathe is right there with you for the recvery time

Mary - you'll get to all your work outs, may take a while LOL!! To get to all of them of course. Like you said you have them for life, no big rush just enjoy them :):) It always takes me a while to learn and love new work outs, I think I get to comfortable with what I know. Then I love the new stuff and say, what was I thinking?:D:D

Bri :)

Hello Ladies,

Gad to hear everyone is doing well with their workouts. Tonight i did Jari Love's Slim and Lean and i'm still taking the stairs at work.:)

Bri: I'm not allergic to anything in particular. My skin is just super sensitive and even a light scratch will result in a red welt. It's been like this for over a year. The anti-histamines i take help prevent my skin from itching. It's annoying but harmless.
I'm so glad to hear that you had a fun time playing catch with your son on family day. I think so many people get caught up in being too busy that they don't spend quality time doing simple things like playing catch with their kids. What a good example you are setting for a healthy lifestyle.

Twinkle & Stebby: That's great that you are both doing STS with Cathe. I'm sure you will both be fit and fab by the end.

Twinkle: I'm really liking Namaste as an end of workout stretch. It's short enough to be perfect as an add-on. I'm glad you dusted off your DVD.

Morningstar: I know you got STS, CLX, and P90X around the same time and have planned everything out. Is STS planned for after CLX? I may end up getting CLX as a birthday gift for myself at the end of March.

Mary: when i first started Cathe i bought a bunch of workouts and ended up neglecting most of them until recently. I kind of got stuck in a rut of using the same workouts and had it in my head that i had to achieve a certain level of fitness before attempting different workouts. I realized that was just silly and have been enjoying using different workouts and premixes. Your schedule seems pretty busy with the PT sessions and the running so at least you know the DVD's will still be there when you are ready.

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been updating - heavy meetings at work wearing me out. I have been continuing with CLX and Cardio Coach walking and am enjoying both a whole lot.

I recently ordered a whole bunch of DVDs that I want to try (mostly cardio based, so I can fit them in with my current workouts) Some are Jillian Michaels. I also ordered Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat book, as I've heard such good things about it.

My struggle with pull-ups and chin-ups continues. I have yet to do one, but you know, just trying is a lot of fun and I can really feel my muscles working with the trying. I can see me in a mirror when I do it, and during chin ups my chest muscles really pop. And boy do I feel my back muscles the next day. And we are talking just doing 4-5 each!

Oh Oh!! I think I'm going to have really sore legs tomorrow!!:rolleyes: I did my Gym workout today which is physio legs, back and triceps. I did an awesome job on the leg extension machine and pushed out more reps and really felt my vastus medialis obliques (VMO) engage. This is a muscle that I really have to develop and learn to contract in order to help my knees. It's amazing how I never knew that muscle existed in my quads. They never activated in any leg work before. And the key to my physio work is to really develop and activate this muscle. So it's totally amazing to discover this naughty delinquent muscle!! However, I got over eager and decided to do Jari Love's Slim & Lean squat section with a barbell at 30lbs or so I thought. I did 3 minutes of the squat section and was wondering why the bar felt heavier than it should when I realized I was doing it at 35lbs!:p Oops!! Only last week I did the whole 4min squat section with 24lbs total in dumbells. I need to go up in smaller increments to protect my knees. So that was I big Ooops!!:eek: However, I really didn't feel it in my knees. So I'm crossing my fingers that my knees will be fine tomorrow. But I have a feeling I'll have some really nice DOMS which I haven't had in ages in my legs so that will be cool however I hope I'll be able to walk!:eek::p I did STS Disc 1 on Tuesday. Yeah! It was great but Bri I totally understand why you couldn't resist going straight to Meso 3. I'm itching to do Meso 2 & 3 also. Disk 1 is kinda like her Push/Pull you cycle through the different muscle groups. And I'm not used to that since I'm more used to Cathe sticking to the muscle group until failure before moving on. So it feels like a step back but I still got a good workout and it's only 3 more weeks to Meso 2 so I'm not worried. And she got you working your chest really good with all those pushups. I'm looking forward to Disc 4.

Morningstar: What no Cathe cardio in that purchase!!:p;)

Bri & Morningstar: You guys are brave to do pull ups and chinups. That's awesome. I can only do them on the assisted machine at the gym. I'll never attempt them P90X style or I'll rip out my shoulders. I admire anyone who learns them unassisted by machines. You guys rock!!:D

Elle: Do you have a favourite Namaste episode? So far my favourite is Dancing Sun, episode 5, and I think Exalted Warrior, ep. 1 is my second. I love doing the Warrior poses and I love their dance like sequencing to them. Also there so good for my knees and keep my groin open (sounds weird:eek:) but I noticed that doing inner thigh machine work has been making the muscles tight and I feel it there when I do the warriors, so that means I really need to do them more.

Stebby: How's STS treating you! Have you done any more?

Hello Ladies,

Wow it's Friday already it has been a busy week, and felt short I guess because of holiday Monday.

I an finishing week 3 of meso 3 today, and love the results so much I have decided to keep going and finish up week 4 early next week. I have been really sore, but I am really feeling stronger as each muscle group recovers.

I'll join Cathe and all STS'ers I hope, half way through next week. That will still give me 3 to 4 days rest between muscle groups as I catch up ;)
Muscle endurance will be a welcome change after going to 90% one rep max, I am looking forward to it.

I can do about 6 pull ups, but they are modified, one foot on back of chair P90X style. Can't wait for the day I can say I did one "no chair" it was all me :p:p:p.

I have pre-ordered Amy Bento's Kettle bell w/o and the kick box one. I think they are finished filming so I'll be watching my mail box again for the next few weeks.:eek::eek:
Can't wait for Cathe to do MMA, I love her kick boxing the best :D:D:D

Elle - your so sweet thanks, I love play time with the kids, and it sure feels good to get those game boy/DS's out of their little hands;)

Morningstar - let me know how you like the book I've always wanted to get it too. Did you down load it or is there an actual hard copy now?

Twinkletoes - I love the assisted machine at the gym. I have only used it a few times on a visit to the YMCA. I wish I had one at home LOL :)

Stebby - I'll be joining you and all the STS'ers next week, I have quite the catching up to do, but I'm on my way. I'm reading your and Cathe's posts over at the STS check in, it's so fun.

Mary - Which work outs have you done so far? Let me know how you like Drill Max, that one is a goodie :eek::eek: LOL!!

Happy Friday !!!!!!

Bri :):)

Well wouldn't you know it, just like I said, my legs are FRIED!:p I started off today with no quad pain and by late afternoon serious DOMS was setting in. But there was no way in he** it was going to get in the way of me doing Cardio Hits Power Max after work. And by golly I did it and I was so proud of myself cause even though I had to skip the lunges in the warmup I did all three combo's on an 8" step. Woo Hoo!!:D:D I've never been able to do all 3 combo's before so this is a celebration!! High Fives everybody!! I know I'm Crazy but I love me some Cathe cardio, and alot of the times doing cardio with sore muscles actually helps them so I was working on that premise this time around. However, I've got a sneaky feeling it ain't gonna work this time!:p Anyhoo, I'll just have to limp around for the next couple of days. All worth it!:D:D

Bri: If Amy's finished her first filming stint, she'll usually put up some sample vids of it to check out on her site. It's so exciting to see them before she mails them out. I'm hoping Cathe will do some step workouts, I love them the best! Let's hope she does both!!;) I got the impression you guys were probably modifying the pullups as they also show in P90X BUT it's still WAY harder than the assisted machines. You Rock!!:D

How's everybody else doing?

Happy Weekend Crazy Sexy Gals!!:D:D:D

I got the impression you guys were probably modifying the pullups as they also show in P90X BUT it's still WAY harder than the assisted machines. You Rock!!

At this point, what I'm doing I'm not even sure could be called a modification and it sure ain't a pull-up! I didn't like the feeling of having one foot on a stool or even cheating up and working the negative down, so I'm just trying to do pull ups and chin ups as they are meant to be done. So I end up just raising up on my toes, but not leaving the ground. As lame as this sounds, I do really feel it in my back and chest and know my muscles are working hard. That just feels more satisfactory to me than the other way, even if the other way would get me better results. My goal is to eventually have my toes leave the ground, and then after that, maybe raise myself higher. I know I can do it, and will have a great sense of concrete accomplishment after I have completed my first real chin up or pull up. I am very impressed with Bri's strength!

Bri, the book is out in hard copy too and widely available. CLX is not as hard as Cathe; it's much shorter and a completely different workout, at least in the Burn phase. It is very heavy weights for 12 reps, using compound exercises that work the whole body. I end up sweating profusely, but don't necessarily feel my muscles being exhausted. It is interesting - it sort of feels like the way she is doing it is ending up with a cardio effect on the body, using heavy weights.

Twinkle, congrats on the quad DOMS! I never seem to get really bad DOMS in my legs anymore and I kinda miss them. I think it's because I do so much walking now that the DOMS don't really get a chance to set in. And I agree that cardio seems to help - or even another bout of heavy lifting a couple of days later. I have wanted to order Cathe cardio for the longest time, but between my knee and space issues (I only have a workout space of 4' by 6') she just doesn't seem to have anything that would work. I would need something low impact that doesn't require moving around a step too much, or have too much kicking (don't want to put a foot through the TV!) If you have any suggestions, I would love to order Cathe cardio!

Elle, how you doin', chiquita?

So, today - Burn Circuit 3, Burn it Off (or Cardio X), Ab Circuits (STS! yay!) and STS Extended Stretch. Should take about 2 hours or so.

Have a kickass Saturday, guys!

Edited after my workout to add:

Wow- that was so much fun! I added some isolation exercises after Burn Circuit 3, and because BC3 doesn't include a lot of chest or back work, I wasn't fatigued and was able to do much better on the pull ups and chin ups. I did 12 pull up attempts, and then I did 10 chin up attempts and my feet came off the floor about half a foot each time. I also did my hamstring curls that I love so much, some weighted abductor and adductor lifts and some weighted calf raises.

I did go with Burn it Off and quite enjoyed it - it's really easy to make it low impact while still moving my butt and feeling like my muscles are working. And then I did Ab Circuits ball workout - literally, what a ball! I really enjoyed this one and did much better on the double leg pikes than I thought I would (didn't do the single ones though- just did the double ones again). Now, I didn't feel it as much as if I'd done crunches for all that time, but I had so much more fun doing them. I finished off with the STS Extended Stretch, which I really like as well. All in all, a great workout! Yay!

Last edited:
My quads felt alot better today, so I decided to challenge myself with—for me is a benchmark workout— the step portion only of Body Max 1 (not including the power circuits). I've always marvelled at the step portion of that one and seen it as a sprint on an 8" step. And felt if I can do that I have arrived—almost!!:p (There's still Imax's—if I can do those one's all the through without stopping I have REALLY and TRUELY arrived!!;):D) So I decided today was the day. And I did it!!:D:D Well almost:eek:, except for a tiny little portion of the last left side go around, that's when I poopered out. But I was so proud of myself!!:D:D:D I then took a well deserved sitdown rest so I could continue on with Namaste yoga cooldown—Episode 5, Dancing Sun. (I always have to sit down and rest before moving on after cardio so I can bend over to do stretches otherwise I get lightheaded.)

Morningstar, that's very creative of you to figure out a way to do the pullups/chinups without a chair!! I think you don't get DOMS in your legs also because you're consistent with lower body weight work so your legs are VERY conditioned. And I KNOW you lift heavy! I know that when I used to be able to do consistent leg work before my knees went off I wouldn't get doms either after awhile. For Cathe cardio suggestions that don't require much room check out "High Step Training" (my first choice) and "High Step Challenge". They are both circuit style workouts and will keep your heartrate up and don't require that much space. The cardio is high intensity athletic with basic choreography without alot of movement around the step. However, it does have impact and I'm not quite sure how modifiable it is. Also you might want to try Boot Camp (in the Intensity Series: it also comes with Muscle Endurance) which is another circuit workout that will keep your heartrate up that doesn't require any step. The cardio portions don't take up much room at all and this dvd has premixes. But check the sample videos to see whether they suit your space and are modifiable for you at Shop Cathe or cathe.com (video clips section) and also at www.collagevideo.com. Let me know what you think.

High five to everyone else and hope you gals had an awesome weekend!!:D

Last edited:
Oh, Twinkle, you got me! Now I totally want Boot Camp and Muscle Endurance! And I wouldn't even be able to use them for a year, so can't even remotely come close to justifying it! Sigh...

All right, youse guys! Where are ya hidin'? Come out come out wherever you are! Enquiring minds want to know what you've been upta!

For me, same old same old: CLX and lots of cardio coach walking. Crazy busy at work and home, fighting some sort of virus, some stress at home from trying to get it all done - you know, typical adulthood in North American society, god help us all!

Don't worry if you haven't been working out so much -we are here for encouragement and support in good times and bad. And if you've been kicking ass and taking names, shout about it!

Just time to post a quick note. I'm still here! I kind of forgot about this checkin because nobody posted a new one on Monday.

I did just over half of STS disc 6 this morning. I need to do the last part tonight. It will be hard! I'm scared!

Stebby

Hello every one,

Sorry I have not been here for a bit, doctor visits, sick kids, vet visits, my dad's poor sick dog at the kennel have been keeping me quite busy.

My dad's dog was diagnosed with diabetes while at the kennel and Dad in Mexico. Dad lives in BC and I'm here in Ontario. I get a call from the kennel about Jay and they need to contact my dad to tell him they took Jay to the vet and need to know what to do. With e-mails to and from Mexico and calls to the kennel and vets it came down to Jay had to be put down :(. The nice kennel lady took him for a nice long walk in the park before returning to the vets. We thanked them all for taking good care of Jay.
Dad and Mom were only on their second day of holiday, Dad says it really has not sunk in yet, I hope they can enjoy the rest of their holiday.

My daughter has a high fever, and the boys are going to the wart clinic this after noon. I'll take them and have my foot looked at too I think I have some too :confused::confused:. Angela's fever is down from 103.4 to 101.6 so I am feeling better. I always feel terrible when my kids are sick, you know that Mom thing;).

I'm going to try to finish meso 3 week 4 Shoulders tri's and biceps today then meso 3 for me will be complete. I feel stronger, and I have gained more muscle mass in the legs, triceps and shoulders. I even think I see more chest muscle!!!!

Take care all, it's Friday already:eek::eek: Happy Friday!!!

Bri:).

Just time to post a quick note. I'm still here! I kind of forgot about this checkin because nobody posted a new one on Monday.

I did just over half of STS disc 6 this morning. I need to do the last part tonight. It will be hard! I'm scared!

Stebby

Omigod! I forgot! Sorry, Steb! I'll make sure to start a new one this coming Monday. If I forget, someone else take the reins, okay? Next week is going to be very hairy for me.

Buba, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad's dog. I've lost so many pets/friends and I know how much that hurts. It sounds like you've been crazy busy too - so goodonya for getting Meso 3 done!

Hi guys :)
I am still hear too. I have been pre-occupied lately, my dad is in the hospital, My husband had the flu and I am despreatly tring to fit off all these colds floating around work. I have been working out but just my usual, no STS.

Bri, i hope that the poor little dog will be ok and that your kids get better real soon.

morningstar, do worry about not starting a new thread, sounds like we were all busy anyways.

Stebby: I am glad to hear your enjoying STS. Keep it up, you CAN do it!!!

Twinkletoes: DOMS!!! I feel you pain. I have them in my biceps from the gym on Tuesday and they are still killing me!

Did any of you sign up for the road trip?
I wish I did but I can justify the cost right now AND it was sold out in like a minute. Bri are you going again?

Happy friday to you all,
Mary :)

Hi Mary,

Angela is still sick but improving, my Dads dog was too far gone, and my newly adopted dog of a month, may be pregnant by the Rottie down the road. We believe she is only a year and a few months old, talk about a young mom!!!!

I wanted to go on the RT but I just could not make it this year :(

I do how ever plan to go in 2010, I sure hope we can do a Canadian invasion are you with me Ladies?????? Last year I think there were 3 of us a real nice guy named Chris and a real cool girl with dark hair, can't remember her name right now and I can't find my RT book to reference.

We would get the award of the most Canadians on a RT !!! LOL :D:D
You do have to get to a high speed computer and have your best typing fingers ready the RT sells out in Literally Minutes :eek::eek::eek:

Bri :):):)

Hi Everyone,
I just finished Body Fusion (Step only sections). It's been a little crazy for me the last couple of weeks with working late, stress, blah, blah, blah.
I can't believe tomorrow is March 1st!

Bri: I like the idea of us Ontarians doing the road trip in '10.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Elle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.