Crazy for Cardio First Check In Ever!!!

RapidBreath

Cathlete
Hello,

For this first check in, I think we should all introduce ourselves. My name is Alisha, I am a Cathe addict. I use Cathe to help me deal with life, past, current and future. I admit it, I talk back to the TV. I'm a single gal, I'm 31 years old and no kids. I'm coming up on my one year Cathe anniversary. I found Cathe last year on Fit Tv.

Spiritual/Emotional Goals: To rid myself of anxiety, to be more cheerful, to be in the now, and to become a more fully actualized person.

Fitness goals: I am working on losing 50 pounds. I have been in this plateau for 6 months. I was down to 176 but it bounced up with antibiotics. I was down to 179 but bounce up to 181 and back and forth. I feel like a ping pong ball. As a consequence, I am giving a hard look at my eats because I know that diet is 80 % of weight loss, 10 % is genetics, and 10% is exercise. For me the trick is cooking my own food, setting appropriate boundaries, and following through with what is in my best interest and makes me feel good over time.

Life goals: I'm in the job market. I would like to be employed close to home, full time, with medical benefits, and work for really nice people who appreciate me. (ask for the moon and you might get the stars, right?)

Ultimate goals: To earn a masters in Psychology and to help others like myself deal with the emotional aspects of obesity. Basically, I would like to be a diet coach. I also want to write and sell my own music, videos, and photography online. I have the technology, I just have to do it.

Thanks for getting this started Alisha.

My name is Heather; I'm definitely a Cathe addict too. I started collecting her DVDs about 2 years ago after my sister raved about them. I've always been very active. I danced (ballet) for over 20 years. As I get older though, it gets harder to find advanced classes that aren't just for teens and that fit into a working gal's schedule. So, I started going to the gym and running on the treadmill when I couldn't get to a dance class. I've run 4 5Ks now, which I never thought possible as I have asthma and have never been able to run. I'm on Singulair though and have it well under control.

I have always found that exercise helps take my mind off of all the stressors in my life that tend to bring me down. I'm really enjoying challenging myself with STS and weights in general. It's amazing to see your body change. I look so different than when I was just dancing.

I am loving the support on this forum and all the great advice from other avid exercisers.

Looking forward to meeting everyone,
Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.