Controlling the Damage on a SATURDAY!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I set my alarm for 6 but then I rolled back over:confused: Its only 7 now though...I just won't get Disc 18 done like I thought I would. Thinking tomorrow will be a rest day b/c I am going to a b-day party tonight and I doubt I will be home early enough to get a good nights sleep! Maybe I will squeeze disc 18 in before I go?? Highly unlikely~!

My parents didn't leave until just now. The weather wasn't nice yesterday so they stayed in another night. But when they woke up...DS woke up to:eek: I should have made them stay and watch him! LOL They wanted to get home b/c they have my sisters dog and my neice's have been letting the dog in and out and feeding him but no one as been with him the lat 24 hours so they feel bad. Dogs are certainly not like cats!

I was the last one to check in last night....so I have nothing to catch up on!

I will bbl to report my workout! Hoping my boss isn't around today! He will make an appearance ( no doubt about that) but hopefully not for long!

Lori:)

Good Morning Girls.

Well after feeling absolutely awful yesterday I am happy to report that I am on the mend this morning! I was in bed for the night before 8:30 and when I woke up early this morning I could tell my fever had broken. It's not totally gone but I seem to be getting better. I should be able to function sort of like an actual human being today! LOL

Lori:: Sorry DS has taken to getting up with you in the morning. If I were you I would get up earlier then in order to my "me time" in. I seriously was setting my alarm and getting up at a certain time every day just to make sure I could have atleast a little bit of time to myself before Joey got up!
The deal at my job is that you do not get any paid time off (except for when the bank is closed like holidays or when they closed for the snow storm) until you have been there 90 days. That's why I won't get paid and why I feel so bad for calling out. Not to mention the fact that Monday was a holiday and yesterday was a friday! Makes me feel even worse!!! :(

Diana:: Nice work outs! Glad you enjoy class so much. That's great. Lucky you to be able to work from home. That's an awesome luxury that many do not have.

Laura:: Looser jeans are always a good thing! yay! I love it when that happens! Sorry to say but now that I have been forced to take unscheduled rest days (will rest today too), my date with BBL is going to be pushed even further into next week! One of you girls may just have to order it w/o my review like Jen did! :p

That's all for now. BBL.

Hey Girls!

I was all excited when I came to work earlier and there were no trucks here!:D BUT then I went through the front door and I could see my bosses truck parked in front of the building!:mad: Are you kidding me with this!? I can't listen anymore! He came up to clean up somethings that he could have done yesterday, instead of walking around, eating candy with his hands in his pockets:rolleyes:

I ended up doing disc 18 today and a 4 mile run. I decided that the weights were more important then the cardio, I get tons of cardio in and I didn't want to get behind with the series.

Wendy** Glad to hear you are feeling better. If I were to set my alarm for an earlier time...then DS just may start waking up then!~:rolleyes: Now the past few morning his pull up as been dry so who knows, maybe he is waking up to pee? I can't believe we have potty training accomplished! Ugh! No more poopy pampers!:D I figured something would give at work with sick days. I don't even know how many I get with the new take over. We only get 3-4 sick days a year but my boss new who use to abuse them so if you didn't and you were actually sick more then 4, he would still pay us for them.

I may bbl!

Well I got my butt out the door early and got food shopping done. It was sorely needed. I started not feeling so hot again right before I left. I thought for sure I'd be down and out by the time I got back but thankfully, although I feel no better, I feel no worse either. That said, I did a little housework and had a light lunch (still don't have my appetite back but the thought of food isn't make me want to hurl today either so I guess that's good! lol). I am going to feed DS lunch now and then lay down for a nap I think.

I was supposed to go away overnight with my BFF today into tmrw and attend a baby shower with her tmrw. I will probably make it to the shower but I had to cancel the overnight. She is in the bridal party so we were going to leave at noon and grab a hotel room near where the shower is taking place. I was going to help the bridal party set up for the shower and then BFF and I were going to go shopping, and have dinner and drinks and would be a mile away from the shower for the next morning. It's about an hour away otherwise. So much for that. She is still going cause she's in the bridal party and has to help set up but I had to bail. Told her I might ride out to meet her later depending on how I feel but I honestly doubt that will be happening.

Lori:: Glad DS is potty trained! How old is he? We didn't get Joey fully trained until he was just about 4 years old. Just in time to send him to preschool in underwear! It actually would not have matter though as our preschool allows diapers believe it or not! I think my job allows for 5 sick days a year. Bummer. I am used to getting 7 or 8! I will also get 5 days vacation and 3 personal days to use in 2010 once my 90 days are up. My vacation days are already used as we are going to Ocean City, MD this summer again and also have a wedding to attend in South Carolina in October. I am keeping my personal days to myself though. :p

BBL

Hi Ladies,

Boy did I sleep in this morning...until almost 9am. That's pretty late even for me. I didn't sleep very well the night before so I've more than made up for it.

I've spent the last hour trying to update the workout manager. It's a PIA I tell yah. It's finally all caught up though. This morning will be disc 17 (legs), and MMA boxing. I think I've only done mma boxing once, and I didn't care for it. I watched the preview and it looks good, not sure what I didn't like about it.

Jerod will be 14 tomorrow and we are having a family party here at the house. He wants to go play paintball with his friends but that will have to be another time. I can't believe he starts high school next year. Later today we will be cleaning the house and I need to bake a cake and make the ice cream dessert we all love. Oh, and he just asked if we were taking him out to dinner tonight! We always take the kids out to dinner for their birthday, dh and I haven't even discussed it yet.

Lori-sometimes I wish I was a morning person like you and Wendy. So you got your workout in anyway....somehow I knew you would. It starting to sound like your boss comes in just to bug you!:confused:

Wendy-glad you are on the mend. Yes it is nice that we can work from home. Some employees WFH one day a week. I prefer not to take too much advantage. If the weather is bad, or a repairman etc is coming...it's no big deal to wfh. As a salaried employee we don't really have a sick day policy. We get paid for all sick days. After 5 straight days of being out sick you do need a dr. note. I'm sure if an employee was taking advantage of that they would be talked to.

Morning Jacque, Jen, and Laura!

Thought I would check in again. Not much happening here. I ran to walmart and picked up a few things we needed at the house. We were all out of tolit paper, milk, cereal and snacky things for the kids:confused: Not good things to run out of!

Wendy** Bummer that your weekend got ruined! Maybe its a sign that you would have had to many CABS and ate to much food:rolleyes: Never know...have to think of the good in all of this:D DS just turned 3 in Jan. We tried before Christmas to train him b/c of my pushy, get loving mother:rolleyes: She thinks that things should be done ASAP! They say they are ready when they are ready so I called it quits the day I cleaned up one to many accidents and he peed on my vacuum. I called her to tell her I was giving it up for the time being, she then calls back later to tell me "so and so" said it takes up to 9 months to train a child:confused: Yeah well, not this child and not me! Im not doing THAT for 9 monthes....she gets something in her head and she won't leave you alone. Bottle...crib...nummy...then pampers...she was in a rush to get everything done. Now when she comes to town she has to repeat everything DS says b/c she doesn't think he says anything. She was amazed that he counted to 8 yesterday...thats my mother!:eek:

Diana** I didn't realize that your son and DD are almost the same age. She will be 14 in March...oh the joys of raising girls. Im not sure what the kids are like where you live but kids around here aren't very nice and for the most part, they are up to no good. DD likes to fit in so she as a habit of hanging out with the wrong kids. Not real bad kids but they aren't the ones that stay in on a Sat night and watch a movie either. She did come home last night though at 8 and painted something with her friend. That was a nice change. Hope you have a good evening if you go out!

BBL!

Morning ladies !

Well y'day was a total rest day due to being tired in the AM and heading out for Happy Hour after work. Had chips & salsa, 2 lt beers and a handful of appetizers. Not too bad, but bummed that the 2 lbs I dropped earlier this week is back - hoping loads of water today and Step Moves will take care of some of it ! :eek: Have already done Back before going with DH to the Hot Wheels fanfare ! Woo Hoo ! Teased him last night that I would be ready for our "Hot Date" in the AM.

Haven't heard about the job interview and I'm not sure if I'll be contacted one way or the other. May check in by phone the beginning of the week, otherwise guess I just wasn't the best fit for the job - oh well. Work was exhausting with people issues - spent over half my day on the phone and speaking with Sr. mgmt about the problems they need to fix. Sounds like our new Pres will be helping out - sure hope so. Sad when us "little guys" have so much trouble caused by the "big guys".

Lori - LOL about boss man. He sure seems nervous. Good you got your workout done ! WTG ! Shopping done too. Nice when the kids are potty trained and I'm totaly with you. Not worth it until they are ready. It is within their control and just about that time they start wanting some control over themselves so that they can use "against" us. I let mine go until they were ready and had so few "clean ups" I can't even remember them ! Was definitely worth waiting.

Wendy - good to hear you are feeling better. I'm sure your boss understood you would be at work if you thought you could be - nice he already knows your work habits ! Take it easy so you don't relapse - hope you got a nap in cuz it will definitely help. OK - now we gotta go buy BBL, huh? :p I am tempted - I can tell 'ya that. It isn't too expensive - but I did just go buy some new outfits for the RT. May wait until the credit card bill ends this month and go for it in a couple weeks. We'll see if I can hold out !

Diana - It was a eye opener when my last one hit high school - now she will soon be "21" ! :eek: That starts making ya feel old alright ! :confused: Ah well, I'll just keep plugging away at my workouts and hope for the best. So is Workout Manager just a way to keep track of what you have done or to set up the rotations? Sounds like you had a little of the people issues going on yourself - don't be a pushover - that is how I am too many times also. I'm real good at giving advice to other managers but am much more likely to let my assistant get away with murder and fret about it. You've all seen my vents. I need to work harder on not getting pushed around - however, I tend to be the pacifist as part of my personality. :confused:

Laura - well woo hoo on the jean fit lately ! Hope the weekend doesn't dismantle it for you ! :p So did ya win big, did ya?

Jen - how's life treating you lately? Have you gotten your BBL so you can give us and once over ?

Off to accomplish a few things. Enjoy the day. BTW - we haven't had much warmth since the other day so I'm soooooo glad I enjoyed it and then sent it on to Laura ! ;) It is now up to her to forward to the rest of you ! :D:cool:

Hello ladies!

Can't believe it's this late in the day already...I've been a bit of a slug all morning, but truth be told, that's kind of what my Saturdays are typically. I *heart* my Saturdays. I did manage to get a workout in though :) I decided to do SWAT Ultimate Fat Burning workout, which was mostly cardio, and then Jackie's 15 minute total body circuit from her Power Circuit workout. It was a really good workout. In fact, that SWAT workout was waaaaay more challenging than I expected. When I previewed it, I though "eh...light workout..." but I really worked up a sweat with it and felt pretty spent afterward. I'm still struggling a bit with this cold I've had, it's really lingering, and maybe that had something to do with it. But I did levels 1 and 2 of Jillian's Shred yesterday and I didn't feel anywhere near as wiped as I do now after this morning's workout. At one point I was breathing hard and all my extremities got tingly like I was hyperventilating :confused: I'll def be doing that one again!

Lori: Your stories about your boss crack me up! I can totally picture what he's doing, and I kind feel bad for him because it's obvious he's worried about the upcoming changes, but I kind of want to smack him, too! :p

Wendy: I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! Sorry you've got to miss out on the overnight, though. It sounds like it would have been a lot of fun. So I'm assuming it was a typo when you said it's a baby shower tomorrow, considering your BFF is in the bridal party?

Diana: My DS is only about seven months older than Jerod. Patrick will be starting high school next year, too. It's so hard to believe and I keep wondering where the heck the time went! Happy Birthday to Jerod and I hope you all have fun tonight.

Jacque: Sorry you haven't heard about the job yet, but isn't it courteous to hear something either way? Will they just leave you hanging like that? I agree that maybe you should check in by phone this week. That'd drive me nuts not knowing. I'm waiting on BBL to get here still but I'll def be reporting my impressions once I have it.

Well, DS has some running around he wants to do, which of course means I have some running around :rolleyes: Maybe we'll check in on the house while we're out because I hear WE HAVE WALLS!!! Woohoo! Will bbl to report~

Jen

Good Afternoon Girls.

Well I am having my ups and downs today. Feelin' good then feelin' crappy but nothing like y'day so I'm thankful for that. My appetite has not returned to normal but I am getting antsy so that's a good sign. Been spending my time cleaning/organzing when I feel good and then lay on the couch when the bad hits me. Hopefully I will be 100% by tmrw morning cause I gotta get out of this house!!!! :eek: Actually, all I REALLY want to do it work out! :p

Jen:: Yes, that SWAT work out is harder then it appears to be. Its my fave of the 3 that I have. Did I type baby shower instead of bridal shower? LOLOL Let's not tell the bride to be that. I might get hurt for that one! ;)

Jacque:: Happy hour is fun and no worries cause I'd have indulged in what did PLUS a few more beers so don't feel too bad! :p Hot Wheels Fanfare??? WTH is that? LOL

Diana:: IIRC you thought MMA Boxing was not intense enough. Do it with weighted gloves...you might change your mind! ;) I've always had a sick day policy at all of my jobs. My DH does not have one because he doesn't get paid so there is no need but I've been working in jobs that paid me for sick days for many years now. 5 is the least I've ever had. Thank goodness I don't get sick often! :eek:

Lori:: You are right. I probably would have eaten some fattening high cal dinner and consumed too many cabs tonight but I was willing to take that risk! :p I will likely go to the shower tmrw. Not worried about the cabs there but the food will likely be troublesome! :D Wow, Rylan trained young. My DH would have loved if Joey trained that young!

That's all for now. BBL!

Hi Girls,

Back to report that Legs and MMA boxing is done! I did like this workout...must be another I don't care for.

The rest of the day will be spent cleaning the house, doing laundry, and preparing food for Jerod's party tomorrow. I also have to take him to the library and drop him off at the rec ctr. At least he'll be out of my hair for a few hours!

Lori-we haven't had any prboblems with Jerod's friends. They are pretty smart school wise and they all play sports...and we know all their parents! He's pretty good most of the time.

Jacque-you can import rotations or just your daily workouts into the workout manager, and then you *should* be able to check a box and it marks your w/o as complete. I downloaded the 3.5 month STS rotation into it which was fine, its moving the days around when you change your rotation schedule that causes me problems. I can move them sometimes, but not all the time, I can mark them complete sometimes...sometimes it doesn't work. Oh yes, a Hot Wheels show...what a fun date I'm sure.:p

Jen-thanks for the bday wishes! I've been eying the SWAT w/o's also. I'm having to refrain from purchasing any more workouts right now. I should probably take a queue from Wendy and sell some of those that I no longer use. I'm pretty lazy on most Saturdays also...my relaxing and catch up on my recordings kind of day. Hope you feel better.

Wendy-Absolutely..I am using the weighted gloves. I must have that w/o confused with a different one. Maybe that I've done it again helps too. It was a nice workout and the ab section at the end is great too. Rest and hydrate today missy.

Happy Saturday Ladies!

Well I have had enough of this damn house! I am feeling okay so I am going to take a shower and take DS out to McDonald's for an early dinner. I will get a salad if anything. They have a play area there too so he can mess around for a while. He's been couped up with me all day. I feel bad for him. Plus the fact that DH is still at work and he doesn't know when he'll be home so we might as well do something!

I'll BBL!

Well I'm popping in to report that not only did I have the absolute pleasure of going to KMart this AM at 8 to accompany DH in his quest for the latest and greatest Hot Wheels (along with about 15 of his collector buddies) BUT, *Drumroll please . . . * I got to help with taking down another tree !

Yes girls, I have had a fantabulous day today ! :p

One of the trees in the back was planted less than a foot from the fence and has started taking up the fence post. DH decided that since it starting to bud new leaves that today, in the sprinkling rain, would be a great day to start. We did a couple branches on the neighbors side (so I got to play with my little "Aussie god-son" ;)) and took them out to the SIL's DH's tree nursery so saw FIL & BIL for a bit. Just those 2 branches filled the long bed truck - OH YES - we got to 4 wheel in the mud out there too ! I tell you the fun just never ends in CA ! LOL ! Tomorrow if we do more we'll get the big dump truck from work - now that's when I feel really special sitting about 10' off the ground looking down on everyone. Feel like I'm in a Tonka truck movie or something. Ha !

Now it's nearly time for dinner - no additional cardio for me today. Oh, and DS2 popped in for a bit with his new Harley. He got a better job a month ago and the $ is already burning a hole in his pocket. He's still living with XDH for the time being, but hopefully will break out on his own, at 22, by the end of the year. LOL - he knows DH hasn't been working as much as usual - so he offered to loan us $. Too cute ! We have lots saved and have other areas we can scrimp if need be so don't need it, but I thought it was very nice of him to offer.

Well Wendy - hope you and Joey got some fresh air and uncouped for a bit. I used to love just vegging and watching the kids play at McD-land.

Toodles until tomorrow - should be Bi's and Step Moves - I'll get it in early in case we take down more of the tree tomorrow. Though our neighbor offered to help but was busy today.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.