CoNtRoL tHe DaMaGe SaTuRdAy!!!!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

Yesterday was just as crazy as I thought it was gonna be. I really don't like days like that...but I can't stay home all the time. I almost find it useless to meet up with friends anyway when kids are involved b/c they are still at the age where they don't really play together and if they don't play together then we can't really chat.
I went for my run yesterday morning before the craziness started and I was doing a good click. I did just over 10 k, then I did PUB shoul,bic and tris. I also did some ab work. Then I went shopping with my sister, went to a friends house for a couple of hours, went to another friends house (all of which was pretty pointless) then I had to go buy a gift for my inlaws and then get ready for last night. I had the bright idea to buy some fake nails b/c my nails lately have been horrible! Broken beyond repair. Lucky for me, I use to do nails when I worked at the hair salon so I am pretty good at it! BUT Im not so good when both of my hands are stuck together!:eek: OMG...what a state I was in. Anyway....dinner was good and now yesterday is behind me...today is not so crazy!:eek:

I was planning on doing my long run today which I haven't ruled out yet but those trees are moving a awful lot out there. Wind!! Ick! As if running 32 km isn't enough work, I have to do it in the wind?? Im hoping the wind will die down some before I need to head out.

I am going to read yesterdays thread....then I shall return!

Lori:)

Diana** Can you imagine what life would be like with no foffee in the a.m? I would have been soooo pissed if I woke up and my coffee wasn't ready. Before I looked at the time when DS woke up I thought....how come I don't smell coffee?? When I looked at the time it wasn't even 7 a.m!!! DH is still snoozing away, not a realy big shock or anything:confused:

Laura** So how was the pool party? Sounds like a blast!! It will be a little while before its warm enough to be sitting outside and having drinks in my neck of the woods. My brother has a pool but its not heated and it couldn't possibly be any colder! OMG...its freezing all the time! I got in it last year but I think we were all blue when we got out!:eek: Hope you have a good turn out today!

Jacque** One of the girls I met with yesterday is moving away. While they are waiting for their house to sell, her DH is working from home b/c of the new job he took (thats why they are moving) She finished working b/c she thought they were moving the end of March. So now the 2 of them are home together all the time plus their 3 yr old. She says she as never been so stressed out in her life. I think he works downstairs and then he hears their daughter playing dress up in her shoes and so on. Anyway....not a good situation but it sounds as if things aren't that bad for you! LOL She didn't want to go home after our play date yesterday....I think she went to walmart! LOL

Wendy** I didn't know you weren't feeling well. Lack of sleep will certainly contribute to that prob. I can't imagine getting up that early! I thought 5:45 was bad and thats only when I want to get a real good workout in. The new owners haven't really set any new rules yet. I think they are having a meeting with the managers and maybe somethings will be ironed out then. Until then I will continue to do what I am doing now and thats not going in until 9:30 ish. I use to have to be there by 8 and I am still trying to remember what time I use to get up to workout! I didn't have to drop DS off to the sitters then either...DH use to do that. Hope you are feeling better!

I am gonna go download some new tunes for todays run...still windy out there! The only good thing is I do tons of different st's so the wind won't be in my face the whole time!

Good Morning Lori and all who follow:

Lori:: It was crazy windy here the other day too! I don't like being out in it but I kind of enjoy the howling sounds and watching the trees sway. I have to be in work at 8:15 but have to drop my son off at school first. My commute is about 40 minutes so I need to leave the house NLT 7:15 or I'll never make it so I get up at 4:15 and have my coffee and wake up time until 5. I work out from 5-6 and then cram in showering, getting both DS and myself dressed, breakfast, packing lunches, etc all in an hour and 15 mins. If I didn't need so much time before my work out I could get up later but oh well. The best I could do is cut it down to 30 minutes or why bother and you will NEVER catch me exercising BEFORE I've had my coffee!!! The problem more then the time I get up is the time I go to bed. Usually around 9:30. I should probably go to sleep a solid hour earlier and would if not for DH. You know how men can be. ;) GRRRRRR.

So I am going to bite the bullet and work out today. Whatever it is that is ailing me has not changed for the worse. I keep Airborning it and am hoping it will be gone soon but so long as it doesn't escalate into a fever I should be fine. Wish me luck!

Today I have to take a ride to the accountant's office. DH dropped off our tax stuff last week before he left on vacation and it is ready so I have to go sign it so the guy can file it. I am excited about the $ we will get back this year b/c DH has finally agreed to put some of it into fixing up the house so that when we put it up for sale it will look better. We are going to replace our sidewalk in front (it's horrible and was only minimally better when we bought the place) and fix our front porch which broke ages ago and DH hasn't fixed yet :rolleyes: so we can paint it and make it look pretty again. I would also like to convince him to fix our bow window. It was also a problem when we bought the house. We never fought to have the seller fix it but were supposed to get it done for a bargain thru a friend of a friend. Well it never happened but it needs to now if we want to sell the place! I am also seriously considering hiring a landscaper to take care of our lawn while the house is up for sale. DH does it but he doesn't like to and therefore isn't good at it and will let things slide and it ends up looking like crap. We can afford a basic lawn service for a few months. It's all about curb appeal they say so between the sidewalk and a nicer lawn, we should get more interest!

Ok, I must be in the mood to type coz that was long! LOL Sorry about that. Let me get going before it gets any longer!!!! :p

Off to get more coffee. BBIAB!

Hi ladies,

It was a late night for us last night. Jerod's baseball game was at 8pm and we didn't get home until 10:30, and I finally went to bed at 11:30. I'm so PO'd at my DH, he stayed up until 3:40am playing online poker. We need to be outta here for another ball game by 9:45, I'm sure he won't even be up. :mad::mad:

Not sure what the w/o plan will be. If anything, I'll start week 3 of meso 3 with Chest and Back this afternoon, otherwise it will be a rest day.

Wendy-Sounds like you had a good night last night. I'm rarely home alone and always enjoy it when the opportunity arises. Hope you feel better soon. Isn't funny how we put money into our house when we want to sell it, but not while were living in it! We need to tear out and re-landscape a section of our backyard. Our first estimate was $12K, we can't affor that, the next was for $6k. That was better but still out of our budget, and at the same time we had to replace our roof. The roof won out and we still need to get the landscaping done. You've been wanting to move to a larger place for a while, hopefully things will work out well and you will get your wish this summer!

Lori-running in the wind is awful. Hopefully it will die down before you need head out. I actually ran about 3 miles yesterday at lunch. The temp was perfect, a nice cool breeze, and I felt great. I may try for another run tomorrow. Outdoor Bootcamp starts in June and we do a lot of running. I love not having to be to work until 9. Granted I don't get off until 6 but DH is off at 4 and is available to run Jerod around as needed. The morning the coffee pot didn't work was not fun.

Jacque-I hope your DH's work picks up soon. I'm sure it's quite stressful trying to manage on one income, I know we wouldn't last very long on that. Has he considered looking for some part time income? I'm also considering taking on a second job, but I don't really want to at all. We want to have the girls come out this summer and Jerod's summer activities really add up.

Laura-Hope the pool party was a blast!! I'm sure your fundraising w/o will be great today. We have those kinds of things here too and they are always quite successful.

It's time for me to fix something for Jerod to eat for breakfast. Eggs and toast is quick and easy.

bbl

Hey Girls!

Im still here. I think I have decided to go ahead and do the stupid run:mad: What is it....like 20 miles or something? Barf! LOL Have to get my mind around "mind over matter" and I will be o.k. It also looks like its gonna rain:confused: DH said, "what are you going to do if the weather is like this the day of the marathon"? Of course thats what I was thinking but I wouldn't SAY it.

So I have food in my belly and my house is almost cleaned. I won't have much to do tomorrow if I keep moving at this rate!

Wendy** I don't know if I would be able to do that 5 mornings in a row:confused: Im glad my drive to work is only 5 mins! My worst problem in the morning is when my sitter likes to talk to me. I think hanging out with kids all day makes her want to talk more. Im excited about our tax return as well. We will have to pay some on our cc but Im not 100% about the rest. God knows we will have to spend it b/c we love to spend money!

O.k...wish me luck! This will be my furthest run to date! IF I do it...Im planning on doing it but if that wind is as crazy as it looks I may only go for a short run.

Good morning ladies !

Well getting around this AM is slow as I have a bit of a lingering headache from the pollen breezes y'day. Got pretty bad by the end of the afternoon. Didn't get nearly as much accomplished as I had set out to do - was down for the count and a nap about 3. Didn't do much after that.

Tonight is the last Sharks game for the season. Will stop by the kids/grandkids for a bit and then head on to that. Playoffs start next week - Woo Hoo !

Lori - hope your run today went well. I'm with you about running in the wind - my route has a steep uphill that is directly into the wind and it makes my ears hurt. I am totally a wimp at running in less than nice weather. :eek:

Wendy - though I only have DH at home, I love when I have the house to myself. Sounds like you had a nice time and got some cleaning done too ! I usually piddle around and don't get that much accomplished. ;) Hope you get to feeling tip top soon. We have lots to do to the outside and some to the inside of our home - though we won't be moving anywhere. I will slowly work on DH as the $ starts coming back in. Some things aren't that expensive and can change the look with little effort. Those are my fav projects ! :p

Diana - oh yes, the poker thing happens here lots too. It is a toss up between Hot Wheels and poker for sure. Worst part of DH not working is he doesn't tell me how much he is working. I'm trying to stay out of the stores as much as possible. He is slowly getting around to looking for extra $ since I keep threatening on taking on another job. Shouldn't have to be me but I refuse to go down without a fight ! :eek: Was hoping the Avs would take the Blackhawks last night - bummer. At least they made the playoffs ! Will be interesting to see if we play them first - we'll have to win tonight and Chicago will have to lose for that to happen as far as I can tell. I almost slipped my Avs shirt on last night near the end of the game just in case but the first open net goal took care of that. :(

Well, off to get started on chores/shopping etc before I leave. Not sure if I'll get a short workout in today or not. Tomorrow is supposed to be ugly so need to get outside to finish the gardening and we are out of foffee beans so have to do the Costco thing too. Toodles.

:):):):):):):):):):)I AM DONE!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)
Glad that's over with!!!:) It wasn't to bad. Like I said....mind over matter. Its funny cause when I get to the 20km mark Im thinking that I ONLY have 12 km left to go. Good way to look at I suppose! I still kept a pretty good pace, despite the wind and I feel fine again. My legs were sore when I started though. Doing a fast run yesterday wasn't the brightest idea I ever had but I wasn't positive that I was going to do a long run today. So other then the wind and my burning thighs....all went well. Oh...and it started to rain just as I started as well but that stopped after 10 or 15 mins.

Diana** I think we posted at the same time earlier. So did DH get up??? Well, you know not to get me started on that topic.I got up today at 7 and he didn't get up until 9. I know thats not real late but he still had 2 more hours then I did. Hope Jerod wins his game today!!!

Jacque** Sounds like you have a nice day planned. There use to be lots of things I hated about running. Everything had to be perfect in order for me to go but I have changed my way of thinking. Hope you enjoy your time with your family today!

Alright...I may not bb until tomorrow morning! Happy Saturday everyone!!!

Hello Again.

Decided to nix Shaun for the first work out after 4 days off. I ended up doing 4DS Kickbox cardio with weighted gloves, the first 10 mins of BBL Tummy Tuck and the ankle weight work from High and Tight and it kicked my butt big time! I don't know how people say you come back stronger after time off cause I sure didn't! :confused:

Tomorrow I have Shaun on the agenda for sure.
Monday I will rest.
T-W-R I will do a Month 1 Insanity cardio with a short ab work out
Friday I will rest.
Sat/Sun start all over again. These will be my assigned days to get in some K/B, upper body and lower body and I will likely change it up from week to week.

That's my new rotation in a nutshell. I guess you could say it's a heavily modified Insanity rotation and I think it will work out well for me. :)

That's all for now but I'll be back!:cool:

Had a decent day. Took DS to the park after I picked him up from my mom's. A little cold there but the sun was nice. Came home for a bit and then off to the pizza place and Kohl's and then home to straighten up the house. My BF and her new man are coming over to visit very soon. I will meet him for the first time tonight. I'm very excited! I hope I don't scare him off! :eek: I'm relaxing with a glass of wine while I wait...

See you girls in the morning! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.