Control the Damage...SATURDAY!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies:)

I am up early to get my workout in before we go to DD's tournament again. Need to be on the road by 10'ish. DS was pretty good yesterday. As much as we can expect from a 3 yrs old who appears to be hyper active!:eek:

I was the last one to post so not much as happened since then. I wanted to run outside today but I think its a little greasy out there this early in the morning. I may take a look and judge from there!

Happy Saturday! I will bbl today!

Lori:)

Good Morning Girls.

Went to a wedding last night. It was fun. I drank a lot and even have a bit of a headache this morning. It's nothing that will stop me though. It's mild.

The storm ended y'day afternoon...before we had to leave for the wedding thankfully! The ride was uneventful. The main roads were all clean. We got quite a bit of snow thought not sure how much b/c it was very windy so there was a lot of drifting. I am so done with snow. 3 blizzards in a month...in JERSEY!? That's freakin' unheard of!!! What is going on around here and meanwhile Miss Lori (and the poor winter olympics!) gets 55 degree weather! It's just not right I tell ya! :rolleyes:

Today's plan is upper body/cardio/abs of choice. YTBD ofcourse-all of these decisions could take me all day to make!!!! :p It's supposed to be a rest day according to the rotation but I'm not taking this one b/c there are 2 in the first week and I need to get some U/B in anyway.

So I haven't been getting on the scale everyday. DH talked me out of that, atleast for a while...I've been trying to get on no more then once a week and I'm doing a pretty good job of it so far. *knock on wood* Anyway, before I started avoiding it my weight was up and I was very frustrated as to why, well the last couple times I have gotten on after avoiding it for a while, the # has gone down so I'm happier now. That being said though, I am trying very hard to base my "success" on how I look in the mirror/how clothes fit/how I feel, instead of on what the scale says. I am happy the number went down still though. I don't think I'll ever be able to TOTALLY ignore the #s...

Okay, that's enough rambling for me...off to grab some ibuprofen, chug some water, finish my coffee and get on with this day!!!!

Lator Gators!:)

Hi Ladies,

The weather is beautiful outside, nice and sunny. The high for today is 50! We are supposed to get snow Sunday and Monday, but bake to 50 for Tues/Wed. My whole outlook is so much better when I wake up to a sunny day.

Today will be disc 17 and probably KPC. I want something that hits the abs too, and I love doing KB after legs to work out some of the lactic acid and prevent soreness.

Jerod's party is today at 2pm. There's a bit left to do but I want to wait to get started on it until after my workout, otherwise my workout may not happen today. The kitchen needs to be cleaned up a bit, make the frosting for the cake I baked last night, make homemade brownies, and finally some skookies (cookies in a pan-like a cookie can).

Oh, the kids cleaned the house yesterday for me...so nice to come home to a clean house. I shopped at both Costco and the grocery store so now we need to find some place to put all these big boxes from Costco.

Lori-have fun at v-ball tournament. I'm sure DD is glad to be going! Hope you were able to get your w/o in, I'm sure you did as you always manage to no matter what obstacles come up!

Wendy-sounds like you had a fun time at the wedding, good for you. Did you take my suggestion yesterday and have a home spa day for yourself? I'm actually starting to see some fullness in my arm muscles! Must be those 45# barbell curls and skull crushers!

bbl to see what all the other DC'ers are up to this fine Saturday.

Morning ladies !

Heard the news this AM and am hoping all you back easters are doing OK. Sounds like there is some sunshine somewhere - we were rainy y'day and there is a little peek-a-boo of sun this AM but should be rainy a liitle later.

Did my Legs last night except for the last round of the third set. I couldn't do any more . . . the upper leg on the "pained" side was feeling all the moves much more than the other side. Got a good sweat going though and then hit the tub for a nice long hot soak. Will do loads of stretching today to try to combat it. My Uback was getting tight again at work yesterday. UGH when will this end? I'll just keep on truckin' though - want it to be gone by the RT though - that is what I'm hoping for at least ! ;)

Lori - Wish I could see the VB tourney - miss that my DD is not playing anymore. It was very vicarious for me - VB was my sport in high school and Jr College ! My DD's teams were similar in that many of the girls were not really athletes per se and were a little too dramatic with no competitive genes for the most part. Kinda a bummer for those that had loads of talent. Ah well, teens, especially girls ! :rolleyes: Hope DD doesn't get too disappointed but her teammates. LOL at DS thinking the restrooms are play areas ! Had totally forgotten some of those phases . . .

Wendy - nice you had an uneventful drive last night and a good time too ! Hope the head feels better soon. My scale tipped up a bit but that tends to happen to me with STS. I am hungry again - happened the last time too. Will just need to adjust my w/o's when STS is done. My measurements are down a little so it must be a good thing ! :p

Diana - I'm with you on loving a day that is full of sunshine lately. Will be nice if the end of March is a sunny one as SD is beautiful. Have you ever been there? Thanks for the ideas on keeping moving - LowMax sounds like a good one - may do that tomorrow. MMA Boxing is on tap after back today - think I'll go really light with the deadlifts and use it more of a stretch than building muscle exercise. Have fun with Jerod's party !

BBL . . .

Hey Girls,

I finished legs and went heavier than last time....but I am too physically exhausted to manage a cardio session this morning. My day is packed but I will plan on cardio tomorrow. After Jerod's party we are taking and Jerod and a few friends to see a movie and them I'm heading to my niece's first play off game tonight.

Jacque-If deadlifts hurt you, don't do them. It's not worth being out of commission for any other exercise. That's why I don't run much, I would hurt so bad for several days that I couldn't do anything else. I have some suggestions, using your step topper, laying on your back, knees bent, heels on the topper and toes pointing up, do hip lifts and really contract the hamstrings, you will definitely feel this. You can also use a balance disc if you have one instead of the step topper. Maybe you could do stability ball roll ins like in GS Legs.

Time for me shower, make brownies and frosting...get ready for some not so good eats today!

Have a great day ladies!

Hey Girls! Got MM u/b p/p premix done. Just ate something cause I was feel too shakey after my work out to keep going without food. I will do some housework while I digest a bit and then move on to cardio and abs!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

BBIAB with personals!

Okay the rest of my work out is done! :D

MMA Fusion warm up + drills only
MMA Kickbox drills only
MMA Boxing upper body blitzes 1,2,3
MMA Boxing lower body blitzes 3,2,1
KCM K/B standing core/abs only x 2

It was great and clocked in at just under an hour with my own stretch at the end! :)

Hey Girls!

Got out early today for a nice run. All I was thinking about was ice...not cold and boy was it cold! My eyes were watering on the 1st st b/c of the way the wind was blowing and then the water would freeze unto my eyelashes! LOL Once I got going I was o.k though, did almost 8 miles.

DD's team won bronze after...they were happy about that, even though there was only 4 teams! LOL Man, oh man...they get so moody when they lose! Can't even look at them! Girls and drama!

Wendy** Good job getting that workout in despite the big head you had!:eek: I don't get on the scale everyday either. I use to but why bother? Its not like I am trying to lose weight and I can go by the way my clothes feel. We hang out downstairs alot and its always hot down there by the wood stove...before I know it I am retaining tons of water and my hands are super tight.

Diana** How was Jerods party? Brownies....YUM! Been oh so long since I had one! LOL Can't believe you came home to a clean house! DH keeps it tidy while I am gone but its not "cleaned" He use to be the worlds worse at one point in time. Most evenings when I would come home ( on a saturday) the beds wouldn't even be made!

Jacque** Yeah there are so many phases with those little ones. We ended up coming back early b/c they didn't have another game until 4'ish and then another after that. There was only so much we can expect for DS. I lay down with him for a little while tonight but I got tired of the same crap and he fell asleep himself. He wasn't happy about it at all. I don't understand how someone who is non stop all day isn't tired at bed time. When he started chewing his nails that was it for me!Hope your back loosens up for you!

I will bb in the a.m. Tomorrow is long run day which is only 10 miles. The book I have calls for 14 miles. I would probably do that if I was going it alone.

Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.