Control the Damage Monday!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

Once again, I went to bed to late and didn't really care to get up out of it....but I did. Once the coffee kicks in I should be fine. Like Helene, the house is so nice when it is quiet:) Just the sound of the key board.

Would you guys believe that these nails are still on? LOL They haven't budged! I kinda like them to. I kept them short of course. I remember one time I did some ladies nails and she was bit of a loof b/c she wanted them kept really,really long. Who wants that when you aren't use to it? She wasn't out the door 10 mins before she came back and she had one broke. The longer they are the better chance that they are going to pop off. I think she did it when she was trying to open the car door or something.

So yesterday wasn't that relaxing, my days never are. I don't know why I just don't get use to it. I picked up groceries, came home and had to tdyi the cupboards and fridge before I could put anything in it, made some cookies, when shopping with my sister again, did laundry and then went to my inlaws for supper. No down time for me ever. So much for quiet house as well....I hear little feet already!!!!:eek: Its only 6:30!:confused:

Im going to check out yesterdays thread and see what I missed!

Lori:)

Wendy** Good job getting your workout in. It only takes one good workout after a few days off to feel normal again:)

Jacque** Happy to hear you had a good evening! I am sure visiting the gk 's is all you really need in order to have a good day!:)

Diana** It is a tough situation but do whatever you have to do. When DD's dad and I split up we never had anything like that sorted out either. But I don't think he really wanted to spend time with her either. And his plans were always stupid ones:eek: One time when she was only 3 he started seeing a girl with a child the same age and they had the bright idea to take the kids to the Dominican...yeah...I don't think so. Then when he got married instead of buying her a plane ticket he expected me to put her in a car with 4 other people and drive across the country. I traveled with his father before and all he does his smoke the whole time. So that was another no. That's when I went to see an attorney as to what I needed to get ironed out b/c his ideas weren't very realistic. Other then taking her out of the country or on the other side of the country, I was always easy to get along with as well and whenever he came home he would take her for a few days. I always had my handsful when she came back b/c she would either be misbehaving (b/c he thought that was funny) or she would be throwing up from all the junk food she ate! He could have easily looked into his rights, but he didn't. And I really don't think that me saying "no" to the things he wanted were unfair either. In my opinion he wasn't thinking about the safety of our child, he was thinking about the cheapest way to get her from A to B. If he had bought her a plane ticket to go to his wedding she couldn't have went.
Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to get a lawyers view on the matter, especially if she is keeping his from seeing the girls. I hate it when people are "itches and they can turn on you when things don't go their way. Those kinds of people are very unprodictable!

Ok...I will BBL to report!

Lori:)

Good Monday Morning Girls...well, not really but atleast I'm TRYING to fake it! :p

No work out this morning. Slept from 9:30 to 5:30. That's the first 8 hour stint of sleep I've gotten during the week since I started this new job I think and I STILL feel tired! :rolleyes: I took Nyquil last night so that could be why but I thought 8 hours would be enough for it to get out of my system since you can take it every 6. It's probably just cause I'm sickly that I'm more tired then usual.

My voice started going y'day. I sound lovely! LOL I have an awful froggy voice when I first start talking but if my sentence is too long the voice that I have disappears entirely! My job is mostly phone work! OOPS! I hope my boss has some busy work for me to do today. If I try to call people for money they are going to laugh at me! :eek: If I had sick days to use I would consider using one today but not quite yet. As of May 1 I am eligible. UGH.

Lori:: Relaxing is always nice but sometimes the sense of accomplishment when you get a lot done is nice too. Or just being busy is good. I get ornery on the weekends when there is too much down time. Me, DH and DS were out in the am for a bit but once we came home I was in for the remainder. I took a 2 hour nap before I did my work out. I was exhausted!

That's all for now!

BBL!

Hi Ladies,

No workout for the weekend:mad: I seriously think I may have carpal tunnel or some other nerve issues going on in my wrist. I broke down and bought a brace for it yesterday. Basically it hurt too bad yesterday and I was afraid to lift the heavier weights used in C&B. I'm skipping C&B for now and doing plyo legs today. If my wrist feels better I may give it a try tonight after bootcamp or tomorrow morning. I've even moved the mouse to the left of the computer and now my neck is hurting too....I feel old.

Lori-Well I can't really say she's keeping my son from the girls, but since they are in two different states it's a little harder. DH and I are going to ask Amanda if the girls can come out for an extended time this summer. We are thinking 4-6 weeks and see what she says.

Wendy-oh dear, hope you feel better soon. Whatever you have seems to be hanging on.

Jacque-I'll be sending you an email from my work address. Hope you had a great weekend.

Laura-Can't wait to hear how successful the fundraiser was!

bbl

Good monging girls !

Well I did get Plyo Legs done last night. Great sweatfest and was feeling it before I finished. I usually get the most DOMS starting 24 hours later so we'll see how tonight and tomorrow are. The back is a tad bit "tired" from the deadlifts so will be icing to keep it from hurting later.

Lori - like Wendy said - at least it was productive. I got my Quicken CD back when I went to the kids so did 2 months of bank reconciliations to see how much $ we really have in our account. :eek: Played with my iPod and got the volume to change. :p Checked on the hockey games online and then made a meatloaf for dinner so it would be cooking while I worked out. Not as much as I had planned but the rain was a bit ugly. Hope you have a good one today - how are the legs after your long run?

Wendy - nice workout last night. Hope work goes OK with no voice. And today is your rest day, right?

Diana - ice, ice, ice and anti-inflammatories for now. I have had PT for carpal also and another thing that helped loads was after a few days of icing to switch from hot to ice water and while your lower arm is in the water, squeeze something like a sponge or soft ball so the muscles are working while in the water. That was a nice feeling and helped quickly. Massage if it is not too tender also. I usually it the weights very slowly when coming back from a flare up and though sore, the gripping motion helps after a bit. The brace is good - make sure to wear it at night. I'll get back to you on the email - hopefully it will not be a problem to have them come out for a bit since the cost is high and on your end. Enjoy legs today !

Hi to Laura, Jennifer and Jen !

MONDAY .. UGH .. no faking it here .. UGH

Hey ..

well .. a busy weekend .. our fundraiser was good but not as good as we were hoping .. the stupid traffic is a lot to blame .. OMG .. it was INSANE here .. backed up for some 30 miles or so :mad: .. SIL said the zumba people were to come .. NONE of them showed.. which I didnt think they would .. but it was a TOUGH workout/morning .. LOL .. then the party was excellent .. the traffic wasnt bad going TO VBF house ... we layed out .. had pizza and snacks and CABS all around .. I left at 3:30 .. and it took me about 30 minutes to drive about 5 miles:mad: I made it to another road and took the LOOOOONg way home .. traffic was beyond ubsurd!!! :mad: Sunday I laid by my pool and CHILLED .. it was wonderful!! :cool: DH and I planted some roses - some sago palms - and did some yard work when he got up it was a nice day!!

Lori .. WTG on your runs .. you are logging some good miles and times WOOHOOOO ..

Wendy .. I LOVE my ME time .. those days when the house is quiet .. you can do what you want .. this weekend will be my MY time .. DH will be on evening shift :) but I do wait up for him ;)

Di .. {{{{ hugs }}}} on the family situation .. just breaks my heart when I hear those kinds of situations .. hoping it works out for ya'll

Jacque .. u are still getting rain looking at weather .. OMG it is GORGEOUS here .. high of 80 and LOADS of sunshine :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

hello to our Jens MIA!

OK .. so about to start p90x over again .. going to have to modify on the pushups and not do all reps or sets ... chest and back today .. then tonight is either super step .. or circuit!! gotta jet .. Will BBL to check in w/ya!:D

Quickly moving us to page 1 ! :eek:

Legs are feeling it on the stairs today ! Woo Hoo ! ! ! Yippedy doo dah ! ! !
as long as it doesn't get much worse I'll be a happy camper.

Laura - so how much longer for the traffic jams or are they done now? Good you had some time relaxing and getting in some landscaping. Yep our weather is changing every couple days from sun to rain and hasn't been much more than 75' yet. Actually brought my seeds in the house and put a light on them to try to get them going early (for here at least). Hopefully we won't have rain all the way into May like last year . . .:confused:

Later gators !

Tired all day. No voice. Only made a few calls early and then switched to letter writing. DOMS got worse and worse as day drug on. Got more and more tired. Felt like dog poop by end. Running a low fever now. :(:(:(
Will take Nyquil in a few, put Joey to bed and then wait for it to kick in and go pass out. Hoping to feel better in the AM. I want to work out!!!!!:confused:

Goodnight girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.