The Competitors -- (New Thread for Sprint Triathlon & O...

Brighton

Cathlete
Good afternoon, everyone! Hopefully everyone had a great weekend, and that training is going well! If you're thinking about joining the thread, jump on in!!! Anyone even THINKING about training for any sort of race, be it a 5K run or an Ironman is most welcome here. We could all use the encouragement & moral boost, I'm sure!!!

Well, I'm on week 2 of my 21 week training program for the Sprint Tri. Things so far are going pretty well. Today I went 2.45 miles (18 min walk, 12 min run) on the treadmill & 1950 meters in the pool. The running is coming easier, slowly yet surely. I'm hoping to get a little yoga in later if I can... it really helps keep me loose & injury-free. Tomorrow I have bike and Push Pull.

Sunny, Moonspryte-- how are you guys doing? Hope all is well and look forward to hearing from you!

Good luck everyone, and stay postitive! We can do this! :7

RE: The Competitors -- (New Thread for Sprint Triathlon...

Good morning!
I’d like to join you on this forum. While I’m signed up for a Sprint Tri also, I’m doing the running portion for a relay team in July. I’m also doing a stair climb on February 7th, and a few 5Ks in preparation for Reach the Beach the beginning of September 2007. RB is a 200-mile endurance relay across New Hampshire to Hampton Beach. I’m 50 years old, married to a wonderful, supportive husband, mother to four, and a teacher.
Cookie
:7

hello ladies,

brighton- i found a tri i am thinking of doing in aug. should give me plenty of time to get ready! have you heard of www.itrain.com? if not check it out. they have helped my running tremendously.

cookie- hi thank for joining us. we are a very small group but hopefully growing! the relay sounds like alot of fun:)

today i am doing a run on the TM using itread #19 30 mins all sprints.

Good morning, ladies!

Wow, it has been a busy week-- I've hardly been able to get online. Cookie, welcome to the thread!!! Wow-- it sounds like you have a fun year ahead of you. That relay seriously sounds like a lot of fun. I also think it's wonderful you teach, I have tremendous respect for teachers. My tri is in June, and I'm also doing a 5K the end of March. Sunny, thanks for the tip about iTrain. I have been to the website-- it looks really great, I just haven't had the time to look too much yet. Hopefully soon! :)

Well, Tuesday I went for a long ride on the bike-- 44 min, and 11.09 miles. Yesterday I woke up and my Achilles' tendons were quite stiff. I scaled back my run, only running for really short intervals and walking the majority of the time... I went 2.3 miles on the treadmill and 1100 meters in the pool. Today I am hoping to get back on the bike for a medium ride and hopefully weights with Cathe.

Hope everyone is doing well!!! I'll be back tomorrow hopefully for an update! Cheers! :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.