Committ to get fit and lean may 12

punka274

Cathlete
Good Morning girls!

Todays workout is a PW,here shortly! I also got in a good PW yesterday too! I will also do some abbs today

How was everybodies Mother's day yesterday? Mine was fine except for my MIL and her crap:+

My Dd is out of school today due to the local damage of the tornadoes early sunday morning! The school wasnt damaged so im not quite sure WHY the school was closed? But anyways,about my MIL...she lives next door to me(yep,that close;-)) and she got her feathers in a ruffle yesterday because i invited my family over for a cookout. I hardly EVER invite my family over to my house because of THAT reason! She was mad because i didn't invite her??? This was kinda a mothers day cookout thing , besides we had a cookout with my DH's family last weekend and went out for dinner with her on saturday, so i don't know why she was get upset about it? Anyway,i don't care anymore,the women is impossible to please so why waste time thinking about it?

And get this...i went OUT OF MY WAY yesterday to go buy her a hanging flower basket because my DH FORGOT too(like he always does;-)) and the women didn't even say thank you...OH she gave DH a hug and my kids a hug and thanked them,right in front of me and then turned and sat down! :eek: That kinda hurt my feelings,afterall it was my idea to get her the basket? I will be so glad when we move away from this women! Im sorry to go on about her....i'll stop now;-)

i'll bbl:)

Good Morning!

I had a great mothers day yesterday but get this...I took another rest day!!!:eek: Two in one week! What am I thinking? LOL When I got home I went for a little nap and realized that I really didn't have time to workout if I wanted to see my mother. We didn't get to my aunts house until 2ish and time flew. I thought I was going to be bored but my aunts are soooo funny, I could have stayed longer if I didn't have to work.
My aunt didn't have any kids of her own and didn't marry until she was in her 40's. Her and her DH go to Fl every yr for a few monthes and she does tons of shopping. They all have a wedding to go to this month so they were in my aunts closet trying on her clothes and each one of them,claiming that they were smaller then the next. All of it was in good fun and sooo funny. They probably truly thought they were smaller then the other sister but no one took offense to anything. It was between my mom and my aunt first, and then they brought the aunt who owns the clothes into it. If something didn't fit my mom she would say, "what are you going to do with this? This is to small for you" Then my aunt was like, "what? To small?" Then she would have to try it on. Its a good thing there was only 3 of them b/c there are 12 girls in that family..what a racket they make when they get together!

Ameila** SO sorry you had to go through that yesterday! What did your DH say? Its best that you left it go and not bother you b/c she is clearly doing it to tick you off!

I told DH I didn't want anything so he just bought me some lottery tickets and a couple of mags. I think we are going to go away somewhere in the near future for a night, just the 2 of us.And my MIL gave me a card with $50 in it! She does this alll the time. Its always nice to get money:) Im diffently spending it on myself. I have a habit of taking money and putting it in the bank, the next thing you know, I just spent my money of groceries!:+

BBL!
Lori:)

Lori, take heart, I rested yesterday too! We deserve it.

Amelia - I spent the weekend reading Man's Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl (kids counselor suggested it). Really, really rocked me. Talked about doing things for integrity's sake without expecting any kind of an outcome. Maybe that's the description for what happened with your MIL. You did the right thing. that was the objective. The outcome doesn't really matter, eh??? But congrats that you did it so well!!!!

Belinda, enjoy that workout!

Today I launched into Warpspeed Fatloss with Kathy Davis, one of last year's RT friends. I think it's my ticket for the final stretch here. It's like a modified BFL program, but not so Draconian as what I've been doing, which was successful but cost me some quality of workouts and some lean mass. Can't have that!

I started with the first somewhat BFL-style cardio workout today which was 45 min. worth of intervals on the TM. Loved it.

Have a great Monday, everyone!

Cheryl

Hey gang...WOW, last night at work was BRUTAL!! In fact, it was brutal for the entire ICU! We has some really, super sick patients this last weekend! Last night, though really brought it close to home, though. My patient was a 43 yr old gentleman that walked into the ER complaining of chest pain, ended up having to have emergency open heart, but still died due to the extensive cardiac injury from the MASSIVE heart attack!

Sorry about being a bit down. Today is a rest day. Last night, before work, I was going to try Tracey Staehle's CircuitZone, but ended up doing 4DS HIS circuit premix....FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

Amelia- I am not ignoring you, but I live in Florida, to answer your question. I am sorry that your MIL is such a putz!!!

Cheryl- I wish you luck with your WarpSpeed project! I look forward to seeing less of you in a couple of months!!! I am working hard on making sure there is less of me, too!!!;-)

‘Evening Ladies!

Oh, Amelia, I’m sorry you were unappreciated yesterday by your MIL. She’s lucky to have you nearby and so thoughtful to have gotten her the gift. Glad you’re okay and spared damage from the storm.

Lori, should we call the Mounties? Something must be going on that you haven’t worked out two days! Seems like I should have heard this on the news; I mean you always have those killer workouts. This make you seem more human. Glad you had a fun time with the aunts. 12! Wow, that house must have been noisy.

Cheryl, please tell me about this Warp Speed. I looked it up online to get a general idea but would appreciate it if you could give me a bit of an idea of what the program involves. Does the diet includes protein powders and stuff like that? What kind and amount of exercise does it call for? I’d sure like to drop seven pounds. Ten I’d be overjoyed.

Amy, that is so upsetting about the man last evening. Geesh, he’s younger than me! Does the job get you down at time like this? I sure would me. Glad you had a good workout.

Belinda, did you get your workout in?

Well, after yesterday’s back ache, I took today off. Am singing the praises of those IcyHot packs that you can put on sore muscles. Between that and Tylenol, I think I could actually work out. Today would have been GS BSB, so it is good I put it off. Love feeling the DOMs in my legs from yesterday’s run and L&G Extreme, though.

I have to stop eating so much chocolate! I stayed away from the cookies this weekend, and they won rave reviews from the kids, but I’ve been munching on minichips last night and today. I’ve noticed when I have a lot of paperwork to do that I don’t want to do, I keep shoveling those bits. They don’t even taste that good…

Good evening ladies,

Wow, that's some late checking in for me. Oh well.

My workout today was GS BSB and 4DS Kickbox cardio only. I thought I had enough time to finish my workout while DD was sleeping but she decided to only take a 30 minute nap x( . Had to take a couple of breaks in between to take care of her and still had a great workout.

Amy - So sorry to hear about your patient. That must be really hard!

Ok ladies I will be back tomorrow
Kristine :)

Cookie, the Warp Speed program is like a tweaked BFL for fastest possible results. Quite lo carb although you have some starchy carbs on each 5th day (immediately after your workout).

The workouts are very similar to BFL or to NROL. I loved the cardio circuits today. Weights and then interval workout tomorrow a.m.

More later!
Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.