Commit to Get Fit - Sat. 10-29

Cookie57

Cathlete
'Morning!
Surprised I'm here before Belinda.
Belinda, are you off running? You are so resourceful,using the driver's seat and coach to assist with lifting. We had more of an issue w/stink bugs when we lived in Westchester County, NY than further upstate. While those buggers are gross looking, at least they don't bite.
Deb, funny I never think of you living in the woods! No wonder you know so much about the deer eating foliage. Did you dust off the bike and put together the barre? Is it your own spin bike?
Helene, how have your past couple of days been? Have you had a chance to relax and spend time for yourself?
Kristin, so glad you mentioned about your coworker, cause it prompted me to really think of a plan of defense for the next time I have this one taker-over. Are you taking the kiddies trick or treating this weekend?
Amelia, do your darlings trick or treat? How's your mil doing? Think I may have mentioned that we joke around my house that if I haven't worked out for a few days, someone I work with will feel the wrath! Think that is why kickboxing is still my fav wo style, I think of her when I'm kicking and punching.
Trish, are the girls going to theatre today? Perhaps you can use the snow as a reason to skip again. What do you think of the music in this series? So far, I'm not really considering it music, but perhaps that just the few I've done.
Iris and Melissa, I miss you. Hope all is well.
Yesterday did Athletic Training, and really enjoyed it. Like that I'm feeling an aftereffect from the workouts, but am not sure which one is causing them. Today, I thinking of either trisets or afterburn. Also have to plant a lot of daffodils in a field. I'm thinking it might be more effective to just put the bulbs in a large feed trough so the deer don't have to dig, but dh thinks we should make them work for their food. Met a friend for a drink to celebrate her renewing a professional certification, which ended up with husbands joining in, a few drinks and dinner. Those Guinness sure tasted good going down, but now to work them off. That is once I finally get moving, this coffee is taking forever to be effective.

Morning

Cookie: Yes, I've been busy the past couple of days but got a workout in yesterday. Between my parents visit and my shoulder issue I have given up trying to do STS for a few month. I'm looking forward to Cathe's all LIS rotation actually. The music is more background this time I think too. It's good but not engaging. It's too bad the music houses require so much $$ to use songs. I miss the music in BM2 and Imax3 type videos where just hearing it got you going. That is nice of you to think of the deer for winter. Speaking of which. Are you ready for tonight. The forecast for you says 8-12 inches. I hope they are wrong.

Hi to everyone else, I will be BBL with personals once I've gone back and read a bit. And no, I haven't heard from Iris either. I hope she'll come back and post some day.

Kids are quiet, I'd better go see why......

Good morning,

Cookie, that is a suprise you starting us off this morning. My computer wasn't working all morning:( maybe I need a new one soon? Have fun with your workout today.

Helene, I agree about the music:rolleyes: Miss the music in BM2 too.

BTW, thanks Helene & Cookie, for sending your snow my way:eek::p We have like 4 inches right now:confused::confused:

Not sure what I will do today? I will be back later.

Hello everyone! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. It was our field trip to the Museum of Natural History in NYC. It was a lot of fun. The students this year are just so much better as far as manners, behavior, and they appreciate everything. The group I chaperoned thanked me at the end of the trip, without being told to do so! :eek:

Needless to say there was no workout yesterday. Today I did Athletic Training. It brought me right back to the RT. I miss you guys!!!!!!! So so far I have done AB, LICh and AT. AB has been my favorite, even though it is a killer. Not sure what I will do tomorrow. I previewed Cardio SS and the TB trisets today. The upper body work looks intense.

Helene- I agree about the music. I can make out the songs, which is cool and all, but I like lyrics. My favorite recent dvd with music is High Reps, I think Trish will agree ;).

Helene, DEb, Cookie and Belinda- cannot believe you are getting snow already!!!!! If this is any indication of the winter we will be having, I better book a vacation now, lol. I'm kidding, and not kidding, at the same time :eek:

Cookie- Monday we are going to my parents' house and taking the kids trick-or-treating with their cousin. Glad my rant about my PITA colleague helped you come up with a plan for your own narcissistic PITA. I cannot wait for her to retire, lol. I have about 15 years to go, lol.

Belinda- How is Alesia doing? Any word on the house. I cannot imagine doing LICh in the RV, it requires some room ;)

Okay, bbl,
Kristin

Back again. My upper glutes are talking to me. Perhaps they were annoyed that I didn't specifically say I was experiencing any doms, because I certainly am now, esp there and in the abs!
Helene, right now it doesn't seem like the forecast is wrong. Can't believe it is completely white out there. What are you doing for your shoulder? Have you seen anyone? They are so sensitive once injured to having recurrences, as you know.
Kristin, 15 years is a long time to wait. I used to live on the south end of the MNH, W77th, where they inflate the Thanksgiving Parade balloons. How wonderful to have such thoughtful students. How was the movie?
Belinda, you're welcome. Any time, and we'd be glad to send you all of what is in store for us this winter too. You need a working computer; how else can we keep up with all you do?
Did afterburn and am glad I didn't preview it. That gave me the excuse to pause a couple of times to see what was coming up. Also took the dogs for a walk and got about 4.5 miles in.
Cookie

Hey girls,

Thanks again, Cookie:p Awesome job, on your workout and DOMS today. the internet is driving me nuts. The power went out a few times:confused: Feel free to start us off tomorrow too. I may sleep in, if I can.

Debbie - thanks for stopping by yesterday. Felt like I was talking to myself:p:eek: Good job, on your workouts.

Kirstin - you get used to working out in such a small space, I make the entire RV work for me;) Still no word on the house:confused::eek::mad: Glad you enjoyed your field trip yesterday.

Helene - what workout did you do today?

NO workout for me today. Took a rest day:confused: just didn't feel ike it today:eek:

Amelia - how are you doing?

I promise, I will get a workout in tomorrow. We also pick up Aleisa tomorrow, she will be spending some time with us on her bday:D Missed so many the last few years:confused:

I will try to be back later.

Evening,

Belinda: Aren't you glad you're not talking to yourself today. I went to see yesterday's thread and only Deb posted at the end of the day. :eek: How is Alesia doing? I hope things are going to be in order for her Bday! I was thinking the exact same think as Kristin: How do you do step in your RV?!

Deb: Sound like your work is quite a workout in itself! It's that crazy busy time of the year again for you. :p at you and Belinda talking about stink bugs. I only see one here and there but if I see a dozen in a year (outside) that is probably the end of it. You should come take lessons for my DH. The four of us for 10 days is one suitcase. He makes the bags. I put what I want to take on a bed (we also made a list we print every time) and he checks that I don't put extras. We just do laundry a couple times when we get there, but a lot of our vacations only require bathing suits. :D So 52 lbs of bathing suits would be a bit much. :p

Amelia: I can't believe you got into it with a co-worker. I've got this image of you as this sweet little girl ;):p:eek: But I hope you feel better now having let it off your chest.

Trish: You're still on fire with your workouts. You go girl. What are this weekend's activities? I'm game for AB tomorrow. Let's see how we do! :eek: It will be nice to know I'm not the only one doing it.

Kristin: Glad you had a nice trip. I want to go to that museum again. It's just amazing. I remember the first time I went. Just unbelievable. And the butterfly conservatory when it's open is so beautiful! Looks like you are working your way through the new workouts too. :) Yeah, I bet Trish would agree with you as to the music in HR, but I also really enjoyed the one in Intensity.

Cookie: Well, that's a good workout you got in today! And a nice walk too. I still remember that cute little dog of yours. Speaking of Guiness, I just heard that most beers are served room temp in England. Can't imagine. :confused: I like mine nice and cold! I hope the snow doesn't cause too much trouble for you. This winter could be not so fun, I just hope this means the end will be nice and easy!

For all who asked, I haven't heard anything from Iris either.

Hi to everyone else.

Today I did AT. I enjoyed it and I have a sinking feeling that the heart pounding beginning of it is what AB is going to be all about. The rest of it was really nice HR like weight work. Who knew you could fry your biceps so quickly with 5lbs and a band? Loved the deadlift work as well with lighter weights. The music is growing on me and I enjoyed it. But as Kristin says, miss the lyrics. Must be hard for Cathe and SNM to know which way to go with the music. It's now too expensive to buy known pop songs but I also bet that what they are trying to do now is incredibly time taking.

So now that everyone has good and scared me with their preview of AB, I am ready to give it a try tomorrow morning and fueled up with Nutella just in case tonight. :eek:

I think that is about it for me. Not sure what the rest of the evening will entail. With the snow falling outside, I am feeling a bit lazy. :)

Have a good night everyone!

Forgot to mention that I went roller blading indoors with the kids for almost 3 hours today today too. I think with that and AT my legs are good and ready for AB tomorrow morning. :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.