Commit to get fit and lean for Wed Feb 27th 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I will do 4DS premix " Lower body weights"! I will be back later!

Have a great day!

Belinda

Good Morning!

I over slept so I have to get crack'in with my workout. Not alot of time to post. I wanted to have 90 mins to workout and now I will be lucky to get an hour:-( I should have went to bed earlier!
Im gonna do a run mixed in with HSC. i should get a fair bit of it done. Im hoping to get 10 min runs in each time.

Belinda** Good job with the workout. My house needs to be cleaned as well. This is a hard turn around for me b/c I just get off of work Mon morning and I am back Wed morning, not alot of time to do anything.Once again, everything is everywhere!

I don't think I have a favorite leg workout! LOL I guess it would have to be PLB b/c there are only so many reps each time and no low ends. But a couple of yrs ago I did the GS's once a week and got some great results.

O.k...gotte get started! BB when I get to work!
Lori:)

Good Morning girls

Im sick today x(! It started yesterday evening,scratchy throat and body aches..woke up with it too plus a bit of a cough. No fever yet...remember my dh was out last week for three days with the flu!

I SO want to go to bed right now but i have to take dd to school! Im not sure on the workout today,its suppose to be gs legs-i can't imagine doing anything right now!
bbl

Hey gals!
Did the LB and Abs add on's from BSBF last night, good workouts!

Belinda, good job on your workout today!

Lori, sorry you're workout can't be as long as you like today, hope you have a good one though. Hope work turns around and is less stressful for you too.

Amelia, oh man! Sorry to hear you're sick. Feel better soon and get lots of rest.

Gotta get the day going, have a great day everyone:)

Stacey

Wednesday! Don't ya just love that I always have running countdown of the week? 3 days till weekend...

Cheryl! you have lost 14lbs already? OMG! That is fantastic. Just from your head shots, I didn't think you need to lose weight, and now your planning on losing 10 more? Impressive! You should post before and after results!!

Lori-ugh work is so amazing isn't it? Will you be doing more day shifts now? I second on being preggers--SUCKED!

Belinda- ITA-4DS leg work is the best. And I hate working legs, but I enjoy that one.

Amelia-hope you are feeling better. Vitamin C!

Stacey-doing some elliptical work tonight, or pilates?

Carrie

Hi, everyone!

Carrie, don't be too impressed- when that picture was taken at the RT I weighed 137-139 - so at 132 I am only 5-7 under that snap. The weight I lost included Christmas stress/treats weight that I gained. Sad, but true.

At 5'5" somewhere around 120-121 is truly a good weight for me.

Still deciding on this morning's workout. I'd better decide fast, or my time will be gone!

Belinda, I love the legs workout in 4DS. I love GS, too.

Amelia, oh no! Stay down and rest, girl!

Lori sounds like you have a good workout mapped out. Hope you get it all in.

Have a great morning, girls!

Cheryl

Hi Girls:)

Would you beleive I have been surrounded by people ever since I came to work? Im just getting to checking in.

So I managed to do 35 mins of the TM and 4 seg of HSC. I was thinking that if I had the energy tonight I could do legs (which I was suppose to do) and another 25 mins run. I asked DH in the a.m what time he has hockey tonight and he said he didn't think he was going. Hmmmm...now I probably won't get to workout again;( To tell you the truth, I don't know if I will have it in me. Just trying to get that scale below 120 again. Prehaps I should just tape my mouth up instead of wearing my body out;)

Belinda** You've never done HSC? I use to think this one was crazy b/c she moves super fast (IMO) and I never knew what weights she was grabbing for what. Now I am use to it and it doesn't seem so fast anymore.

Ameila** Darn DH! Darn him! Im so sorry you are feeling icky! Hope its just a false alarm and will be gone real soon!

Stacy** Good job on the workout!

Carrie** I don't know if my sisters feet will touch the floor anytime soon! Was that you who asked me that question? LOL Work isn't to bad. Im am staying on the side of the shift he wants me on so thats good. He asked me today if I was going to be o.k with the new schedule and I said "yes..can I just stay here for a little while please" LOL He said "I hope so but you are more flexiable then the other girls and thats why I asked you to move". So long as no more changes come my way, Im o.k!

Cheryl** What did you decide for your workout???? Decisions, decisions!

Well...we have a b-day party to go to from 4-6, of course I can't go b/c I am working but DH is taking DS and I will meet them there. They are good friends of ours so although I may miss the party...thats where I will be eating my supper! Don't care what it is! Im just happy I don't have to worry about what is for supper and then have to clean it up!

Lori:)

Hi ladies,

Amelia** how are you feeling? Sending you healing vibes!

Stacey** sounds like you had an awesome workout last night! What is BSBF? It not Cathe?

Carrie** what workout did you do today! I love everything about the 4DS!

Cheryl** you looked very tiny to me on the RT! Awesome weight loss! What workout did you end up doing?

Lori** HSC came with my High Step! Tt looked like a lot of fun! I need to do that one soon! The ab workout was pretty good! Glad you enjoyed your workout!

I made this last night and today again! It is really good!

Cajun Shrimp Stir Fry
1 lb large shrimp , peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
2 teaspoons canola oil
2 green peppers , seeded, inner ribs removed and cut into strips
2 red peppers , seeded, inner ribs removed, and cut into strips
2 garlic cloves , minced
1/2 cup white wine (have a glass while cooking if you need to unwhine)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
hot sauce
2 cups cooked brown rice

Directions
1Toss shrimp with Cajun spice seasoning and set aside.

2Heat 1 tsp oil in large skillet and saute' peppers for 6 minutes over medium-high heat.

3Turn heat down and add minced garlic, stirring constantly so that garlic doesn't burn.

4Remove peppers and garlic from pan, wipe pan out with paper towel.

5Return pan to medium-high heat, and heat remaining tsp of oil.

6Add shrimp and cook approximately 3 minutes, stirring frequently.

7Add wine (don't forget about yours) and lemon juice, peppers and garlic, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.

8Season with hot sauce; serve each portion over 1/2 cup cooked brown rice

Have a great day!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Lori, very funny about taping your mouth shut instead of wearing your body out.... boy, can I relate!!!

I decided on MIC - 20 min - Slim in 6 pack abs, 11 min - and TM 30 minutes (was shooting for 45, but was interrupted by a client call. Darn! So I got in a 1 hour mish/mosh. That's okay.

Back to work. Blech! Glad today's Wednesday!

Cheryl

Hello!

What a wacky Wednesday. DS was up before 6am, he's fighting some drainage and a cough whenever he lays down. He was unable to go down for his morning nap, so he's been up now for over 6 hours. He's talking quietly in his bed now, so let's hope he gets some rest!!!

I realized I forgot to tell you all what workout is in store for tonight....hmmmm....a good question:) I haven't decided, but am leaning towards some cardio (may pull out a kickboxing dvd). I'll see what I'm in the mood for later.

Belinda, BSBF is Cathe's Basic Step Body Fusion dvd, probably pretty easy for you:) It does challenge me, and I really enjoy the add on workouts for UB, LB and Abs that are on there.

Carrie, I forgot to answer your question yesterday about You on a Diet that I'm reading. It really explains how the brain and hormones in our body interact with eating, satiety, etc. He goes into some depth on why we store fat in our belly, and gives a ton of great tips on what kind of foods are good to eat. It is the concept of eating for fuel and energy, as opposed to just shoving stuff in our mouths. I like the idea of that. Also, Cheryl has been trying to avoid foods with HFCS, Dr. Oz goes into detail about why it's bad for you. I'm only on the 3rd chapter, and am intersested to read on. Hope that made sense, I'm a bit bleary eyed....

Lori, glad that work is not too stressful today and that this new schedule is better. Hope you can stay on it a while! Have fun at the birthday party and free dinner;) Always nice. Good job on your workout too.

Amelia, hope you are getting some rest.

Did I miss someone? Feel like I did! Lainie, are you still out there? Hi to those who follow...

Stacey

Cheryl** great job on your mish mosh workout!

Stecey** I like BSBF! I do get a good sweat with that one! I do like the UB and LB workout with the tubing1

Lori** Cathe uses very light weights in HSC! What weights are you using? Hope you have a great day at work!

Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hey ladies,

Well we saw the doctor yesterday and she said everything is great and we can start trying anytime. I did have to get a tetanus shot today but it wasn't too bad. I haven't had one in I don't remember when, I know it has been at least 10 years so she recommended I get one before we start trying. Today's workout was providence, a kettlebell workout, and some yoga. Don't have a lot of time for personals right now, my grandparents are coming to visit tomorrow and I need to clean. I will talk to you girls later. Hope everyone has a wonderful day:) :) :) :)

Stacey-thanks for the info on that book, I always enjoy Dr Oz segments if I am home to catch Oprah, usually I am at work by then. I have never really looked at food to see if it has HFCS in it. I know that stuff really shoots up your glycemic response, because it's more sugary than sugar, i think??

Great news Shannon!:) I wish you and your DH the best of luck!

Im feeling sorta better,the body aches have left the building but i still have a scratchy throat and now it seems a chest cold!? Will see how i feel in the morning-if I feel good, i will do step blast(my first time BTW:7) and gs legs,since gs legs was suppose to be todays workout. I may just do gs legs on friday with gs chest and triceps....not sure yet!

Man its been hard to stay on my diet today,i just want to cheat x( But i have just made up my mind that I CANT! I can't even have chicken noodle soup(which i want right now being sick and all)because it has 'white stuff' in it x( i need to just make my own soup,there is a recipe in the efl book!

ok,enough babbling! Talk to everybody in the morning:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.