Commit to get fit and lean for Wed Feb 13th 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

My workout for today is a UB BFL style workout!

Lori** my dogs are not very good on the leaches, they also like to pull! My DH and I usually go together and he controls the dogs! They listen to him, he runs with the dogs regularly. I took them for a nice long walk and took lots of doggie treads! That really helps! My dogs are not used to German traffic and all the noises around them. In El Paso we lived in a very quiet area! You never saw anybody outside walking! Here in Germany everybody is walking! You can bring your dogs in restaurants/Beer garden also, that is something they need to get used to without getting scared! They doing a lot better! Great job on your 5 mil run yesterday and 4DS BC!

Amelia** thanks for the link!

Have a great workout and day!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good Morning Gals:)

I don't think I have many personnals to catch up on. Im not sure what todays workout will be. My tri's are still sore from my workout Mon night so Im not sure if I will do a circuit or not. And I think a long run is out of the question b/c yesterday my knee felt a little funny. Not bad but funny.

Ameila** Thanks for the link. I think this is something DH would like. Is it spicy? He can handle spicy food...I can't!

Cheryl** Love my new TM. So much better then the other one. The only thing is, my old one had a dial on it so when I got on it, it instintly when to whatever speed you wanted. This one kind of warms up and it takes 30 sec for me to start running. It can be a pain when I am working out in the morning and short on time.

Belinda** You also asked yesterday about my work situation, I forgot to respond to that. My boss isn't hiring someone b/c he can't afford it, he is just slack in that dept. There must be a lot of money in fuel b/c he has whatever he wants.But it doesn't appear that he wants to pay his girls very much. With that said, he is being very particular about who he hires. He is looking for someone with an accounting background and there is no way he is going to get someone with the amount of wages he is offering. No, we are far from over worked and my check is usually half decent b/c we work more then a 40 hour week. BUt he still doesn't pay us enough. This month I have 3 OT shifts @ time and a half. Should make for a pretty good pay check!
As for dogs, only our old one listens. The young one is the one who runs away all the time. You can't trust that one at all!

Alright, I have to get going! Hope everyone as a good day and I will return when I wake from my nap!

Lori:)

Good morning ladies

Todays workout is bfl style LB,thought about doing pryamid...not sure yet! The BFL book came to the library yesterday,very interesting to read! Im doing everything right so far,may be a little off on the workouts though-mainly the lifting because pyramids don't offer that those last two reps,but anyhoot-its been working so far so im not gonna complain to much ;-)

Todays focus is to drink two cups of water with every meal! That will put an additional 12c into my body including what i drink inbetween meals! I didn't exactly drink all my water yesterday and the scale is still saying a three pd increase,don't like that!!!!

Lori-enjoy your nap! That rachel ray recipe isn't really spicy-dh and i did use about a 1/2 c of the hot sauce but you could use 1/4 in the recipe and then your DH could add a little extra to his bowl!

Belinda-Good afternoon to ya! enjoy that ub workout today,i think I will aslo do a bfl stlye lb workout as well! Do you have to book yet? I kinda skimmed it yesterday and he list all the workouts in there-how to do them(which i needed that part,LOL-i didn't know what a shoulder press was,but now i know its what cathe calls 'military press") he also has a list of foods that he reccomends! If you do have the book than just disreguard this entire post,LOL-well except for the good afternoon part ;-)

Cheryl-I saw that you popped in last night! Whats your plans for today?

hey to Shannon,Stacey,Carrie,Kristine and everybody who is lurking :p ;-)

bbl

Hey girls,I wanted to share another clean recipe with you guys that is clean and oh so good! It orginated from rachel ray too but i made it clean! Im not sure if ive shared it with you before? but here ya go!

Garlic Shrimp w/ww penne pasta
1lb of deviened shrimp
1tbs olive oil(recipe calls for two;-))
2 cans no salt added crushed tomatoes(i used hunts)
3 tbs of minced garlic
1/4 c finely chopped onionslemon juice(i used the bottled kind and just squezzed around the pan about three times)
sprinkle of mrs dash garlic and herb seseaning
1 box of whole wheat penee pasta
directions:

Cook past as described on the box. Over medium heat,heat the olive oil add garlic,onions and shrimp and cook until shrimp is pink(about two mins on each side) add lemon + tomatoes and a sprinkle of mrs dash garlic and herb seasoning! serve over pasta! Yumnmo:9

Good morning ladies,

Sorry, that I didn't get back to check in, but I got busy. My HSTA workout which is usually an hour, took me almost 2 hours to finish. DD woke up way to early from her nap, so I get to get her. When she was getting hungry, so I had to make her lunch, when my SD called, that she is on her way home, when DH called for break and on and on and on x( . I still had a great workout and I think the break weren't too bad.
Wow, I thought the HSC has lots of leg presses in it, no, not compared to HSTA }( . Really enjoyed the workout yesterday.

Today is calling for 50 min cycling, so I will do a treadmill run. Just like last week, 20 min at steady pace and when 30 min interval. Hopefully I won't be dragging my feet like last time ;) .

Belinda - Isn't it so great that you can take your dogs everythere. I sure miss that over here and I sometimes feel bad for my dogs. Though I wouldn't be able to take my big one (well he is medium size) anythere, he is just so hyper. Oh, and I didn't know that you used to live in El Paso, I am in TX as well.

Amelia - Thank you for posting the link, that looks great. I started surfing around on the web page and I found a Cobb Salad recipe which I will be doing tonight :9 . Thank you!

Lori - What workout did you decide on doing? Hope your knees are ok.

Lainie - Hey girl, how are you feeling today? Hope you are not as tired anymore and got some good rest.

Carrie - Oh, I am jealous, big snowflakes. I love snow!!! And I know that I totally live in the wrong state for that (TX). ;(

Cheryl - Good job on your weight loss, I am sure you will be back in the 120s in no time.

Shannon - Yeah, that you DH will be home soon!!!! Mine was just gone for 4 days and I am glad he is back.

Stacey - How are you feeling?

Ok, I think that catches me up for now.

Uh, DD is already stirring around, way too early though, mmh I wonder why. I just hope she goes back to sleep for a little while.

Ok, I will be back later.

Kristine :)

Hi girls,

I am done with my walk! I went for a 1 ½ hour! The dogs are tired and so am I! LOL! I still need to work my abs! Not looking forward to it!

Kristine** we adopted our dogs in El Paso. They are not used to going anywhere with us, so we have to slowly get them used to going in public places! I always liked that about Germany, they really dog friendly! My dogs are doing so well the last few days. I am so impressed with them! I also give the lots of treats! LOL! Of course, they like that! My dogs are also very hyper! They are not even 3 years old! We own a house in El Paso, my kids are still here! Where do you live in TX?

Amelia** what workout did you end up doing? Thanks for the shrimp recipe!

BBL!
Belinda

Hola-

Today's workout will be Legs & Back and Abs. I think I am going to do Legs by Cathe on the 4DS and maybe the abs from that one too. I ma getting bored with the legs from p90x. There are so many exercises.

Lori-Have a good nap! You have been working alot of hours lately.

Amelia- I have heard a rule of thumb for water drinking, is to drink 1/2 of your body weight in ozs. So, my weight is 117, I should drink around 60 ozs of water/day. Now, if you workout, you need to drink above that amount. Do you like teas? They are a great way to get your water in, also Propel Fitness Water.

Kristine-Sounds like a fun workout today. Probaly no snow in El Paso, huh? I love Texas by the way--no state income tax!!!

Belinda-great walk with your dogs! That is awesome.

Carrie

Good morning everyone. The school has a 2-hour delay today, so I'll be taking Isaac to the bus stop at 10:30. Ewan's class was canceled at the nursery school since it's just a morning class. It snowed a lot last night, and then it started raining in the wee hours so it's a big slushy mess out there. I had to shovel yesterday because Brian wasn't home yet when it snowed. I actually ended up shoveling twice because he was home a little late. The hardest part was that I was still sore from Monday's back and shoulders workout--and I use those muscles a lot when shoveling.

Today is a chest, biceps, and triceps workout with Amy's Slo-Mo DVD. I'm not as sleepy as yesterday, at least, though I'm not exactly perky.

Oh, bad news. Lots of water in our basement. We have a sump pump and I think it was just overwhelmed by the melting snow and rain. Ugh.

Belinda, wow, that was a long walk--good way to work out both you and the dogs!

Lori, hope you get a good nap in and a good workout later. Your workouts always make me feel tired to read them. ;)

Amelia, good luck getting the water in today. I drank hardly any water yesterday. I always want to kick myself when I realize that, since it's really such an easy thing to do. I like to put cold water from the fridge into my big weight watchers cup (which is insulated so it stays cold longer) and then sprinkle in a little lemon. Some days I just get busy in the morning or something and forget to even pour my water in the big cup. Duh.

Kristine, I often have one-hour workouts turn into two-hour workouts or even longer. It's sometimes hard to get it done with kids in the house--even ones who are supposed to be napping. I sometimes have to stop mine and go to the bus stop to get Isaac, then come back and finish.

Carrie, enjoy the leg workout--can't believe I said that--I don't like leg workouts much :p. Of course, I can't do them right now except my physical therapy, anyway.

Shannon, bet your glad to have your hubby back. I sometimes enjoy when mine is out of town, at least for a couple days, but then it's so nice to have him back again.

Cheryl, don't be too embarrassed to post your numbers. Amelia and I are bigger than you and we often admit ours. :)

Hello to everyone who follows. Going to go check if the basement is any better. *groan*

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hello ladies,

Today's workout is going to be cardio coach vol 6 and PUB. Well I I got quite a bit done on my final paper last night, only about 11 more pages to go. I should have it finished before my husband arrives.

Belinda - Good job on your workout. I have two small dashchund and here is no way I could walk my dogs in public, they bark way too much at strangers.

Lori - My uncle is doing alright, I guess as alright as you can do in that situation. The swelling in his face has gone down and I believe they some how knocked him out to remove the burned skin. I haven't heard too much yet. Sorry your knee is feeling funny, hopefully it will be better soon. What workout are you planning on doing today?

Amelia - Thank you so much for the recipes, they look yummy. I will have to make them sometime soon, maybe when DH gets home. I hear you about not drinking enough water. That is pretty much all I drink except for two cups of coffee in the morning but I still don't get enough in. I really need to work on that. Have fun with your workout.

Kristine - HSTA is a tough one:) Have fun with your workout.

Carrie - I really like Cathe's 4DS leg workout, it seems much more fun to me than most of her other leg workouts for some reason. It is also pretty tough, especially those low pulse lunges:)

Lainie - Let me know what you think about Amy's Slo Mo upper body, the leg workout is tough:)

A big hello to anyone I missed:)

Hi Girls!

The house is still quiet,I can't beleive it. I kept DS up until I could workout so prehaps he is really sleepy OR he may be awake and I just don't hear him! LOL:)

I picked DS up around 11 ish,picked up a coffee,then thought I was going to get to check in with my friends...but no such luck.Someone had shut the computer down and neither I or DH could remember the password.
Just before my workout I decided to have a bowl of steel cut oats and a banana and boy, did I ever feel full after. Very odd! It 3:00 now and I am still not hungry. I probably won't even bother having a snack b/c we are having dinner @ 5:30...then its back to work I go, HIHO!

Soooo...todays workout (b/c I was so full) was MM UB, 3mile run, Imax 3 1-5, then MMLB. A good workout but I wasn't planning on working UB again so soon.

Belinda** Glad to hear you enjoyed the walk with the doggies!

Ameila** Lets just wait and see what Sat's weigh in tells you. It seemed like you were doing everythign right to me and its working so keep doing what you are doing:)

Carrie** I would be sooo bored as well! I wouldn't be able to do the same workouts for 12 weeks straight. Thats why I am looking for to the STS series, atleast its different workouts ever 4 weeks.And yes, I am working alot lately. Nobody seems to realize it though (at work) I am looking forward to my weekend off!

Shannon** I guess your uncle is probably out of it. Do they think he will look at all like himself after?

Kristine** I hate interuptions when I am working out. The other day when I was working out the phone must have rang 10x's! I don't answer the phone but I could only find one of them (I take both of them to the basement with me) and I was afraid the phone was gonna wake DS up. Good job getting it done though.

Laine** Sorry to hear about your basement. Are you guys gonna clean it up or do you have someone comming? Much damage?

Hope I didn't miss anyone. Im debating running out and getting a few things at the store, but considering that I have to start supper shortly and when DS wakes he as to have a snack...I probably won't be going anywhere!

Lori:)

Hey girls!

today has a been one of those go-go-go days x(!

I did the standing work in PUB,then ds woke so that was that! But it was still a good workout-i increased my weight on EVERTHING!:7 Those dang leg presses will getcha,LOL :+

ok,and i have managed to drink so far about 120oz of water so thats good too! I can't find my water bottle that holds 1.58liters so ive been using a 20oz bottle instead x(

ok,i will catch up with everybody in the am! I have to wake up early anyway to start a stew in the crockpot!

Have a good night:)

My meals for today
#1-3 mini protien pancakes w/1tbs NPB
#2-protien shake w/water and a orange(was starving)
#3-1 c brown rice,stirfy veggies and 4oz chicken-side salad w/ff french
#4-turkey sandwich w/1tbs light mayo
#5-1 1/2 cup of southwestern chicken soup
#6-1/4 c of reduced fat cheese and one slice of ww bread(cheese toast)

Hi, everyone! Finally checking in!

Major snowstorms in Utah - It took me THREE HOURS to get home from work on our freeway tonight. It was a disaster. Wrecks right and left and the road to our house actually CLOSED. I did finally get home about an hour ago. Whew!

TM again this morning - weight still cooperating.

Amelia, nice recipe! That looks so yummy!

Lori, you should get a gook paycheck this week. Hurray!!

Nice workouts, everyone. I hope everyone's having a wonderful night - and more tomorrow.

Lainie, I'll post numbers in a few days ;)

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.