Commit to get fit and lean for Thur.Jan 24 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Today I have cardio on tap! Not sure what yet!

Question of the day: When was the last you read a book? I am reading Marley & Me by John Grogan ( my son got me that for x-mas).

Amelia** I am so sorry your DH is getting laid off! I will keep my fingers crossed that he finds something real soon! Congrats on your test! I am so excited for your new DVD’s! Nice choice! Love all of them!

Laine** you are a very busy lady this days! Well, I am one of those grown women with braces! LOL! I have to wear mine at night! Great job on LIS yesterday! I hope your MatStep comes in today!

Lori** I am glad you DH is off today! Hope you get that well needed rest! How are your knees today! Enjoy BM2 today!

Shannon** good question! What is ASC2? How is you shoulder this morning?

Have a great workout and day!
Belinda

Good Morning Belinda and all who follows!

todays questions answer: I was reading 'Step on a Crack' by James Paterson...but since school started I haven't had time :-( I had to return it to the library! Oh well,I'll pick it back up one of these days;-)

Belinda-Enjoy your Cardio,did you decide on which one? I went to amazon to check out there prizes first and buy the time they added the cost to ship it,It was almost the same as cathe's prices!So I decided to order from cathe instead!

Todays workout is LB,not sure which one yet,LOL! I don't wanna do Butts and Gutts agian,that workout is just pure evil,LOL}( (I may pull it out though;-))

ok,everybody have a great day!bbl

Good Morning!:)

Just waiting to get off of work! We already have a plan in place. I go to bed and while DH is out and about...he gets to bring me home a coffee:9 I sooooo look forward to getting up and drinking that coffee! YUM!

Belinda** My knee doesn't hurt just walking around and it didn't really "hurt" yesterday. It just felt weak and funny. I know the feeling b/c I have had it before. It means "slow down":) I have done alot of running lately so I guess thats why but not nearly as much running as I did last summer. I am need of new sneaks as well so that may be my prob!

Ameila** I do have 12 lbs bb's but I think they may be hard to find. I had a girl from Canada ask if I had any and where I got them b/c she can't find them. I bought mine when I was away on a trip at a Sportchek store. You sound very upbeat about DH. Im glad! And you have a few things in your cart:eek: ;) I use to do that with VS clothes. Id pile up everything I liked,just for fun, to see how much it would cost.

Cheryl** Where are you????? How are you liking BFL? From yesterdays post you will know how Ive liked it!:-( LOL

Kristine** Good job on the workout yesterday. And "yah" on the scale! How much do you have left to lose? I wouldn't say much! In my opinion you want to get rid of it ASAP b/c I think after you keep excess weight for a while (weather its 5 lbs or 20 lbs) it likes to hang on for dear life! Thats why you see people who say " i just had a baby....10 yrs ago!" LOL I love those people! hehe Are you going to have anymore bambinos? I don't think we are but we may change our minds.

Stacy** Did you double up on the workout yesterday? Are your older kids in school? Then that would make it easier to workout, if they aren't...I have no clue how you do it! I think I would have to get up before anyone else moved!

Carrie** Good job on the workout! Still looking forward to hearing your results. Atleast your scale is holding steady for you at 116! I liked that number! I don't like 121! Lets see if I lost anything when I get home! hehe People keep telling me to weigh myself once a week...yeah right!

Laine** Still doing step I see? As long as it doesn't hurt I would think thats o.k.

Shannon** When did you say DH gets home? Where is he? Is he in the Army?

Todays workout in gonna be BM2, I think. Im kind of in the mood to do that one. I may even wear my peice of crap HRM! And Im probably going to do UB to. Maybe...if I have time....I will do BM2 UB and 4DS UB! Now THAT would be a workout! DS usually naps for 3 hours so ya never know!

Oh the last book I half read was "Shes come undone" Its about a girl who is overweight,her parents break up, her mother dies...blah..blah...I never did finish the book. I just don't have the time to read. I use to read alot of mags as well and i don't get to do that anymore either, only when I am using the washroom.

Lori

:)

Lori-I was upset when I first heard the news then that little kicka$$ voice inside my head said"good gosh girl,youve been through tougher stuff then this...snap out of it" LOL. I think I have seen 12lb db somewhere,just can't remembe where? Great workout planned for today,are you doing All of bm2. I did the timesavor + UB yesteray.Fun stuff! Enjoy your coffee!

Good morning all!

Well, I ended up doing a long pilates/yoga workout last night rather than the elliptical (don't know what my deal was, just didn't feel like doing it!).

Today's workout will be Lowmax Intervals 4-7! HOping to squeeze it in while Ryan naps this morning, otherwise it will be done this evening.

I will be back later for personals, need coffee and my little Ryan is waking up:)

Oh, Lori, real quick, my oldest son goes to all day kindergarten, my daughter goes to a morning preschool program. So, my afternoons are super busy. I can either workout in the morning when Ryan naps or in the evening after kids are in bed (usually by 8pm). It actually works out really well, and I'm used to working out in the evening.

Later.......

Stacey

Good morning ladies,

Well, not sure what workout I will be doing today. I have to go this morning and get Heidi's 1 year old pictures done. I have a coupon for a free 8x10 without having to purchase anything else, so that's what I am going to do for now. Just too expensive for me right now to get anymore than that. But they have them in the archive forever, so I always come back later and get some if I wanted to. When I have my meat delivered between 12-2, so I have to workout after 2 pm. Maybe I can figure out by then which workout I want to do.

Belinda - The book I am reading right now is the 2nd one of the Eragon triology. I am reading it in German. I started the first one in English, but it was just weird written and to complicated for me, so I bought it in German and the second one as well. I brought a whole bunch of books back when I was in Germany, so I have am so eager to read again.

Lori - Not sure, probably have about 10 pounds or so to lose. The scale doesn't really work for me. What matters to me is that I fit in my 8s pretty soon and we'll see what I weigh by that time, hehe.

Amelia - Yes, Butts and Gutts is evil, but it is such a great workout.

Stacey - What is the nap schedule of your little one right now and how much does he sleep at night? Heidi is all over the place right now, so I am trying to figure out what would be a good schedule. Right now I have a hard time to get her down for a nap. I think it's the walking thing. She just wants to keep going and going ;-) .

Good morning to everyone else. I hope y'all are doing well.

Kristine :)

Good Morning

Today's workout is StretchX and Abs. ( didn't do them yesterday, naughty) I am switching up Day 6 & 7. Tomorrow will be KenpoX.

The last book I read was Eat/Pray/Love ( which I thought, sucked) so I wouldn't recommend it. Now I am reading The Pillars of the Earth. Much better, can you tell I am influenced by Oprah?

Amelia-sorry about your DH job loss. But it sounds like you have the right attitude! And you are almost done with school, so that is a good thing too!

Kristine-my brother reads those Eragon books (but not in German!) He really enjoys them.

Stacey-sounds like you have a busy day ahead, I admire you getting those workouts in after 8pm

Lori- I wouldn't listen to people that tell you to weigh yourself 1x a week. Alot can happen in a week, and most of it is bad! I like to be honest with myself and know exactly where I am at. That way, if it's over a bit, I can take care of it right away, and not let those little lbs add up to say, a 5lb gain. I am pretty sure you will be down today. I think you have the right approach with eating when you are hungry. I definately don't eat 5 meals a day. I always eat a little something in the AM, then lunch, then I work, come home around 8:30PM have a little snack and that's it.

Hi Girls!

Just doing my rounds of checkins and my coffee is all gone!!! Wahh!! It was soooo yummy though:9 Im so glad I don't have to work tonight! This means no rushy supper, no rushy cleaning up...no rushy anything! After my workout I can put my hair up in a measly braid if I want to b/c I don't have to go out in public:)

Belinda** Good job on the workout. Have you lost anymore weight with BFL?

Ameila** When DH got laid off it was the worst feeling EVER b/c he made pretty good money and i wasn't sure where he would get a job in in this small town making that much money again. He was on unemployement for almost a yr...plus they gave him 3monthes salary so that was good. We thought for a while that we were going to have to move, which neither one of us wanted to do.Luckily enough this business oppotunity arose and here we are:)

Stacy** Its only a matter of getting use to stuff. I use to workout in the night time all the time. It had its perks b/c I didn't eat in the night time and supper was never big b/c I couldn't workout on a full belly! Good job getting it in when you can! You are very motivated!

Kristine** Yeah, the scale can be a real treat sometimes. Im sure you will get back into those pants with some good workouts! I love having the kids pics taken but really...how many do we need? I don't even have the family pic we had taken up on the wall yet!

Carrie** Have fun with your workout! I knew you are I were on the same page with the scale! If I don't weigh myself, eat whatever I want b/c I am only 117 lbs...then the next time I step on the scale i coul be 125! not gonna happen girl friend (insert snapping of fingers:+ )

And you were right! Scale is down today! 119.5! I think with overeating this weekend then having 2 days shifts was my downfall. Im always up a pound after a round of day shifts cause I am bored and work and eat more. Really though...why do we eat when we are bored? Its not like eating takes hours to do and kills time. Takes all of 1 min to devour a cookie!

I will be back later to report my workout! I think I will get on the floor and play with DS for a bit!

Lori:)

Hey girls,thanks for your kind words about my DH getting laid off!

today I decided on drillmax cardio instead of lB:+ I did the cardio premix and im so glad im done!

Lori-My DH is heading over to the unemployment office next thursday. Good new is I typed him up a resume(my resume STILL isn't done yet x()and he sent some out to local businesses requesting them last night and he as already gotten one call back! I have no idea the salary though,i hope atleast what he was making! Yay on the scale back down today! LOL at eating when were bored,so true,I found myself opening up the fridge last night for no reason.I quickly got out of the kitchen,LOL

Carrie-Have fun with Strecth max and Abbs,ugg i HAD to MAKE myself do abbs today! Im always dragging my butt with abbs x(

Stacey-Lowmax sounds fun,can't wait to get that one!

Kristine-Wishing you a Good luck with pics today! The last time I took my kids OMG,it was crazy!LOL

ok,gotta go bbl

Hi everyone. I still seem to have bronchitis or something. The last 3 or 4 nights I have had trouble sleeping because of a tickly throat and cough. My nose is clear but I cough up...you know...stuff. It's very frustrating that I can't seem to clear it up. I'm back to trying Mucinex today.

Ewan and I are taking a quiet day at home--well, not necessarily quiet since he's terrible 2. I have 4DS BC on my rotation today, though I will probably do something else for the cardio part--I think the BC workout is a bit too high impact for my wonky knees.

I have a few projects for myself today, if Ewan gives me a chance. I have some more rotation ideas I want to flesh out and put on my blog (even though I still have 2 1/2 weeks on my rotation I'm excited about the next one). I also want to get started on a book that's been rolling about in my head. Of course, I have started a few books that never get very far. I like to write but I am not good at long-term projects.

So to answer the question of the day: I'm currently reading The Mysteries of Pittsburgh by Michael Chabon. From time to time I'm also listening to an audiobook by David Baldacci called Simple Genius. I like to have audiobooks that I put on my iPod to listen to while I'm cleaning house or walking in town.

OK, let me see if I can catch up with personals since I never did them yesterday.

Belinda, wow, didn't know you had braces--is it like a retainer you wear at night.

Amelia, sorry to hear about your DH losing his job. It seems like it's a difficult time with the economy right now. I hope he finds something great soon.

Lori, enjoy BM2 today! So much fun stuff in that workout. I keep thinking I'm going to put together a BM2 only rotation just if theoretically that was the only workout someone had.

Stacey, my oldest is also in an all-day Kindergarten, and my 2-year old goes to nursery school, but only 3 mornings a week. The little one usually naps from about 1-3 in the afternoon, so that's when I try to work out. Then I have to get him up and go to the bus stop at around 3:20. It is hard to figure out when to exercise with kids around!

Kristine, do you have a particular ritual when you put Heidi down for nap or bedtime? With Ewan, we now do a story or two, sing a song, and brush teeth before he lies down, so he knows when we sit down in the special chair and start stories that it's time for a nap. Of course, that doesn't mean he always cooperates, but it often helps. I started him doing that much younger than I started with Isaac and he's had a better sleep pattern in general than Isaac had. Of course, Ewan is already 2 1/2 so he's a bit older than Heidi.

Carrie, enjoy stretching today--wish I had a stretch day today. :)

I don't think I answered yesterday's question:
favorite cardio: RS or SB. favorite weights: GS or MM

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hello again!

Sorry for all these short posts, but, gotta go grab a yogurt and a shower before Ryan wakes from his nap.

WHOO HOO-got my workout in this morning!! Just completed LowMax intervals 1-4 (decided to those rather than 4-7). LOVE that workout;)

Amelia, you will really like LowMax, lots of fun, great music, great lower body workout.

I promise I'll return for personals later.....gotta run!!! :)

Stacey

Hey gang,

Goodness you girls have been chatty today:) Today will probably be yesterday's workout GS back & bicep and then I will add on some ab work and yoga. To answer today's question within the last two months I have ready Terry Goodkind's Confessor, Nicholas Spark's The Choice, and I am currently reading Ken Follet's The Pillars of the Earth. I am almost finished, it is such a good book. I plan on reading his next book World Without End after I finish this one. My BFL & EFL books should be here tomorrow along with my kettlebells. I didn't think that the books would arrive until Monday but tracked them and they were in Houston so they should be here tomorrow.

Belinda - Imax 3 wooohooo that is a tough one:) Great job!! ASC2 is Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge 2, it is a very very fun step workout and will definitely make you sweat.

Amelia - Good job on the workout. I'll keep my fingers crossed too for your DH to find a job soon.

Lori - What kind of coffee do you drink? I love french vanilla cappaccino but don't have it on a regular basis. I usually like Dunkin Donuts Coffee. I buy the beans and grind enough to make coffee for a few days, it is yummy. BM2 is my favorite Cathe workout, tough but very fun. My husband will be back home Feb 16, he has been gone about two weeks already. He is in Africa (Cameroon). He's not in the military but is an electrical supervisor for Noble Drilling, an offshore drilling company. He's gone normally for about a month at a time but when he gets home he has a whole month off before he has to go back. I've gotten use to it, he's been doing this for a while.

Stacey - LowMax is fun, those dang pulsing lunge kicks are tough...lol They always make my legs burn and I'm usually not too happy with Cathe by the end.:)

Carrie - Are you doing the regular P90X rotation or P90X+. I've heard P90X is tough but you have really good results.

Lainie - I'm sorry you are still feeling a little yucky. My nieces are visiting this weekend and both have been sick, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't catch anything from them. I am going to stock up on some lysol and antimbacterial wipes:)

Well ladies I'm off to workout.

Hi Amelia and girls,

I know you like refried beans, here is a healthier version! Enjoy!

I made this refried beans tonight! They are really good!

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ancho chili powder, or other chili powder
1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, preferably low-sodium, drained and rinsed (I cooked fresh pinto beans)
2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth, plus more if needed
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and chili powder and cook for 1 minute more. Stir in the beans and chicken broth and cook until the beans are warmed through, about 5 minutes. Mash the beans coarsely with the back of a wooden spoon, adding more chicken broth to moisten, if needed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the cilantro.

Nutrition Information
Nutrtional Analysis Per Serving Calories 138
Carbohydrates 18 g Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 0.6 Protein 7 g
Fiber 6 g Sodium 142 mg

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

O.K I am offically pooped! I am going to copy this to all my checkins but hoping to be back later for personnals. DH just phoned and he needs me to pick him up so I have to dry my hair, change and put a little make up on this face! I can't go out in public like this! LOL

Soooo...todays workout was...4DS Shou,Bic,Tri,BM2,a 2 mile run (1st mile with speed, 2nd one at 6 miles an hour hills all the way)and then BM2 UB. During the shoulder work and Bic work my 15 lbs db's felt like they were 30's! I had a little bit of a headache before I started and I still have it! Im hoping that water will cure it!

BBL!
Lori:)

WOW Lori! That is quite a workout you did today! I bet you are pooped:) Glad you did have some time off today though, hope you were also able to get some rest.

Kristine, Ryan is on a pretty good nap schedule. He usually is up around 6am, then goes down for a morning nap around 9:30am. He sleeps for about an 1 1/2-2hrs. He is then up for a long stretch, and occasionally will fall asleep around 3:30 or 4pm for about 30min. I'm hoping to shift his nap to more of a mid day one, but I'm not too worried about it until Emma is done with preschool in May and my schedule is more open in the Summer. Sorry for the lengthy reply! Oh, he very consistently goes down for bed at night around 7:30pm, and my older two are in bed by 8pm.

Amelia, read your post yesterday about your DH getting laid off! So sorry to hear about that and I hope he can find a job again very soon. Sounds like you aren't too worried so that is good.

Lainie, I'll be very interested to hear how the step mat works for you. Sounds like you may have found a good alternative and something that will allow you to keep doing Cathe's step workouts! Sounds like our kiddos are on similar school schedules, although my DD does a 5 morning a week preschool. It works out really well for me.

Belinda, The last book I read was Into the Wild by John Krakaur(sp?) It was fascinating, looking forward to the movie. Now I'm reading a total escape read, a good old historical romance set in Scotland called Shadow Music. It's a fun read;)

Shannon, Carrie, great workouts today!

Ryan is fussy, better go! I'll check back in tomorrow.....;)

Stacey

Hey belinda,the recipe looks yummy,not difficult either! Ive been so lazy lately i don't feel like cooking anything :+. I will add this to my recipe folder!

Lori-I hope your headache goes away quickly. I HATE wearing makeup and ONLY tiem I put it on is when I go to school or out with dh somewhere special. but its 'plan jane' grocery shopping or to the corner store,LOL.

Lainie-Good luck with your book! My dh has always wanted to write but never has any time! I forgot Ewan is the same age as my Dalton,2...oh the terrible two's*sigh*. Dalton has atleast one temper tantrum daily,lol! I don't remember my DD(Elizabeth)even having any??? I hope you get to feeling better!

todays meals
#1-1/2 c egg beaters,sprinkle of RF cheese,one protein pancake
#2-1/2 low carb tortilla with 2tbs NPB
#3-1c southwestern chicken soup
#4-string cheese and a small orange
#5-lite speghetti(nsa ragu,WW noodles,grounded turkey mushrooms:9)
#6-not sure yet?

Question: the pkg of speghetti noodle say a serving is 1-7th of the pkg...how would you girls measure that out! like a cup or something?

Also,ya think it would be too many carbs to eat one pc of whole wheat toast with the meal?
ok,bbl

hi girls,

Stacy** enjoy Low Max today! I always have fun doing this workout!

Kristine** have fun getting Heidi’s picture done! My daughter loved to get her picture taken! Good thing they keep the picture in an archive forever! I don’t like complicated books! I need to check those Eragon books out!

Carrie** hope you enjoy your workout today! How long does it take you to do StretchX and Abs.?

Lori**awesome workout today WTC! Less cardio is working for me! I lost 2 more pounds! I am having a glass of wine tonight, I will probably gain those two pounds back tomorrow! LOL!

Amelia** nice job on Drill Max! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you DH!

Lainie** didn’t your blood test came back? You been sick of and on! Sending you healing vibes! I do need to give those audio books a try! Yeh, I wear retainer for a few years now!

Shannon** nice upper body workout! I will start using the GS’s soon!

I will catch up with you in the AM!
Good night ladies,
Belinda

I did part of Seasun Zieger's Straight Up Step instead of the cardio from 4DS BC today. I did it on a 4" step and wouldn't you know UPS brought the MatStep just after I finished that and moved on to BC weights? Of course.

I was still working on the BC bi's and tri's when Ewan got up, so he was watching me work out. When they brought out the stability balls, he said, "Need bounce?" (see, I use my Bosu for the stability ball parts a lot and he calls the Bosu a bounce. I said, "Yes, Mommy has to get out her bounce." Then I brought it out and he declared, "Mommy's blue bounce."

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Ok, done with my workout. I did Circuit Max for the first time ever and I don't like it very much. I don't like hi/lo at all, so that's not a workout for me. Oh well, still was sweating so it wasn't too bad.

Stacey - Thank you for your reply. Mmh, Heidi goes to bed at 7.30 or 8 pm and she sleeps until 8 or 8.30 in the morning. So she sleeps already so long at night. Right now, I think I am able to get her back on her morning nap around 10 or 10.30 am. So I am hoping she will keep up with it. Not so sure what to do about the afternoon, but I might be able to get her down for 30 minutes or so.

Belinda - Yes, check them out. They are fantasy novels, but I really like them.

Lainie - So sorry to hear that you are still sick and I send you some get better soon vibes. Too cute what Ewan did. Just heart melting, isn't it.

Ok, gotta go and check on the baby now.

Kristine :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.