Commit to get fit and lean for Sun Mar 09th 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I am up early for a Sunday! How are you girls doing today?
I will be back for personals!

Have a great Sunday and workout!
Belinda

Good Morning Ladies

Todays workout is abbs first then a 30 min HIIT on the TM....just waiting for DH to wake up x(. Man I can't beleive its almost 9Am!:-(

My free day was fun,had some pizza and some icecream...its jut nice to not have to worry that one day a week about food!

This week in BFL is Ub-mon, tues-HIIT/abbs, Wed-lb, thurs-HIIT/abbs, fri-UB, sat-free/rest, then on sunday its HIIT/abbs. Those are my plans for the week...how bout you guys?

OMG,you wanna hear something funny? DH,the kids and i went to wally world last night,my DH got some $ for his b-day so he wanted to spend it...so hes walking around electronics(his hang out)and I've already got two aerobic tops in the buggy }(,he doesn't find anything he wants,so the kids say they want a toy...we start walking towards toys and of course sporting goods(my hangout)is on the way so i take a detour over to the Dumb bells,and sure enough they have those hex 10pds dumb bells that there ALWAYS out of...i immediately grap two and stash them in the buggy}( }( so he still doesn't find anything...we go to check out and the girl was pitiful,she couldnt even pick up ONE of those dumbells...after she rang them up she said'sir,you gonna have to but these back in the buggy for me(I guess she thought they were for him)I was closer so i just pick them up like they were light as a feather(and they were)and put them in the buggy.She says 'OH...or you can' LOL. It was so funny!

So in the end,my poor DH didn't get anything and I got two aerobics tops,a set of 10pd db's and a good laugh:7

bbl

Hey Girlie Girls!

I don't think there is enough coffee in the world to get me to move any faster today!:eek:

Im not sure what todays workout will be but it has to be something b/c we had snacks and drinks last night. I would imagine I am retaining some water,after that salty crap but it will be gone in a day or two!:) And I started eating normal as soon as I got up! Which is good cause sometimes if I put off eating, i end up picking at things I shouldn't touch!

Belinda** enjoy your day!

Amelia** Have a good workout. Glad to hear you enjoyed your free day:9

Cheryl** Your program sounds very interesting.23 days seems like a long time to be good? LOL

O.k...gotta get this house work started and refill my coffee cup!
Lori:)

Hi, everyone!

Amelia, I am laughing my head off at your Wally World experience. Sooo funny! And kind of an upper, too. It's easy to get down on yourself on the weeks you're not seeing much scale progress but if you just take a look out there.... hey, gal, you're not doing bad at all!!

Belinda, what will your workout be? I think I missed that. Anyway, enjoy your day! We're up early to greet you because of DST today.

Lori, funny about the snacks and drinks. Actually, being forced to be good for 23 days is a really good thing for me. It's a drastic program, but for me it's what I need to get it in gear and then I have motivation to maintain. After the load days I'm 134 again this morning (I actually didn't weigh in until after one day of diet after the two load days. Wanted to follow the program properly, but just didn't want to look yesterday, if you know what I mean.

So I'm officially halfway to finish. Lost 14 last round. Stabilized fine. Re-gained 2 on the 2 load days - now 14 to goal! Or at least preliminary goal. Depending on how much muscle I have I might consider going somewhere between 116-120, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there :+ :+

Today was 60 min on the treadmill so far. Afternoon I'm going to add a weight workout and an extra protein shake. Will report in later.

Have a great day, everyone!

Cheryl

Hey Girls!

Quiet day? Thought I was going to have tons to catch up on:)
Despite my laziness I have had a busy day with lots done:) I did all my house work then a 10 mile run while I watched "the cave". I think I could have went further but the movie was over. It was a good run though...97 mins:)

Cheryl** Is the program complicated in what you can and can't eat? I don't think i would be able to be a good girl for 23 days}( How much weight do you expect to lose in those 23 days?

Just enjoying a little snack even though its 4 in the afternoon! All I had before my run was a pack of all bran bites (100 cals)Just finishing up an apple,1 tsp peanut butter and a 150 cal protein bar. That should tie me over till supper (lets hope)

Lori:)

Lori -
I lost 14 pounds in the last 23 day diet round. The supplement that goes with it actually keeps you in fat burning mode so it doesn't leave you so hungry or carry with it the problems and risks that such a low calorie plan normally has.

it's not complicated at all, but it's very strict. As written, it's 500 calories a day between lunch and dinner - protein, 2 fruits and vegetables only. No added fats or starchy carbs. At all.

For someone wanting to lose just 5 or so pounds it would be a tough choice because you have to go the whole 23 days to re-set your hypothalamus so you are able to make the new weight your permanent set point. If you went on it and lost the 4 pounds in 7 days, for example, you'd be able to add more protein/veg/fruit to keep your weight stabilized (and if you're at about 18-19 BMI, you'd be famished for that food - this isn't a program you can go anorexic on - your body fights back at that point) but you'd have to still forego sweets and starchy carbs for the rest of the 23 days.

One of the really nice things about it is that it goes for the "cold storage" fat that's hard to get at - you know how some pear shaped women get more gaunt and skinny on top when they diet while their hips and thighs continue to cling to the fat? Your face and essential fat stays where it belongs while the stored reserves go away.

A lot of info. Anyway, I'm glad I did it - but I hope to behave so well after this that I never have to do it again. It's tough!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.