Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Commit to get fit and lean for Sun Jan-27-08

This is a discussion on Commit to get fit and lean for Sun Jan-27-08 within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Good morning girls, TODAY IS A REST DAY for me! I will be beack for presonals! Have a great Sunday! ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 01:53 AM
DeCathelete
bayerngirl's Profile Fields

Default Commit to get fit and lean for Sun Jan-27-08

Good morning girls,

TODAY IS A REST DAY for me!

I will be beack for presonals!

Have a great Sunday!

Belinda

Old 01-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Cathlete
lainiefig's Profile Fields

Default RE: Commit to get fit and lean for Sun Jan-27-08

3:25 am here on the East Coast. I'm up with my nasty cough again. x(

I might try sleeping down here on the couch so I don't disturb hubby too much. Or maybe the comfy chair since sitting up makes me cough less. Going to try.

I think I might have to go back to the doc soon. :(

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]
Old 01-27-2008, 03:03 AM
DeCathelete

Good morning Lainie and girls,

I just wrote a long a$$ post and it disappeared!

Cheryl** I am sorry you still not feeling better! Whatever you caught hit you really hard! Sending you lots of healing vibes! Make sure you take it easy! I am glad you back!

Lori** WTG on you 4 mile run and circuit workout yesterday! Are you still doing BFL? Why are you working out so much? My weight is holding on this week too! No luck!

Amelia**I hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday? Are you still sore today? I hope you get that TM soon!

Shannon** I am sorry about your restless night! I hate when that happened! Good job still getting your workout in! Did you see Cathaís new fitness line? She has lots off cool stuff!

Stacey** great job on you UB and abs yesterday! Make sure you stay warm! I really liked working out at the gym!

Lanie** I am sorry your knees are still bordering you! I am glad you enjoy the 4DS rotation! Nice workout yesterday! Did you buy your Catheís DVDís from Catheís website? Why are you selling them? I am interested in the Classics! Not sure if it is a good one! That is the one DVD I donít have! Tracey Staehle's recipes looks really good! You need to get some sleep, girl! Way to early for you to get up!

Have a great day!
Belinda
Old 01-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Cathlete
indybulla's Profile Fields

Hello!!

How is everyone this morning? We had a super tough night last night! My oldest DS came down with a nasty bug yesterday morning and was sick all day yesterday and last night (throwing up, sore throat). I'm wondering if he has the flu? He is at least not sick at his tummy this morning, just complaining of the sore throat. My DH and I were up a lot last night and I'm feeling it today:(

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday with Alex being sick. So today's plan is to do some form of cardio. At this point I'm thinking of either Kim Spreen's Cardio Camp, or the elliptical. I'll see what I'm in the mood for later.

Belinda, how are you today? Thanks for getting us started and ENJOY your rest day today:)

Lainie, sorry you are feeling bad still! Man this has been one of the WORST seasons I can remember for viruses. My kids have never been this sick before! I'm praying that I avoid it!

Cheryl, so glad to hear from you and I'm very sorry you've been so sick. My brother is also on the Z pack and has the same thing you have. Hope you feel better soon and can get some good rest today.

Lori, glad you avoided the cold! Sounds like you had a great run yesterday and I hope today goes great for you.

Hi to Carrie, Amelia, Shannon, and all who follow:)

Okay, better get a lot more coffee here! Will try to check back with you all later. Check out Cathe's new blog post on STS. Looks neat. My sister and I have actually discussed splitting the cost for STS, but may wait and purchase it next Fall or Christmas. We would share it and that way it would be less expensive. I'd like to see how it turns out before I purchase it, even though it would be a lot cheaper with the presale.

Stacey
Old 01-27-2008, 07:02 AM
Cathlete
punka274's Profile Fields

Good Morning girls,

Lainie-Im sending a vodu on that cough/cold of yours...poor thing! Seems like youve been sick forever! Did you sleep alright last night?

Belinda-Yay rest day..is it also your free day? OMG,i ate a little too much yesterday but it was so fun just not have think about everything that goes in my mouth! I did the same thing last sat. and still lost weight so Im not to worried about it! Im still waiting for my TMx( It's like tortore or something,LOL!

Lori-Great workout yesterday! Yeah,I enjoyed my free day,just wished i wasn't so sore so I could have workedout yesterday! I haven't been this sore in over a year :o! you doing another circiut today?

Shannon-Im sorry you got kicked int the back friday night..thats no fun! I haven't read the BFL book yet,the dang library hasn't gotten it in yet x( its been three weeks since I placed it on hold too x(. What workout are you doing today!

Cheryl-Im was so glad to see you yesterday,I was getting worried about cha ;-) sorry to hear you got sick :-(! I love your new avatar! I hope you wake up feeling better today! Are you following BFL?

Stacey-What Upper body workout did you do friday? Great job on it,I don't know why but I just drag my butt with abb work...i just don't wanna do it??? I love working my UB though, and im glad its on the agenda this week twice instead of LB :7!

ETA-Oh man,sorry to hear your son was sick last night,I hope he feels alot better soon! I think everybody is sick these days,my nose is a little stuffy right now. I hope you get to do your cardio today,I know you love getting your workout in!I will also wait until next year to get STS,I want to see how everbody likes it first!

Carrie-So is this your final week of p90 or is there two recovery weeks? I bet you so proud of yourself,thats some tuff stuff! How was the yoga yesterday? I wish I could get into yoga or something relaxing,my body needs it right now!

Kristine-How are you doing today! I hope you get a chance to check in:-)

Todays workout will be Imax2 as far as I can go with it,i need to burn off some of those cals from yesterday,plus DH has been getting on my last nerve all weekend so a nice long sweatfest is what I need! STill waiting on the $ to get all my workout stuff and tm x( maybe it will be tommorrow (fingers crossed)I don't know what im going to do when he gets laid off next week because he will be off for NINE WHOLE days until his new job starts(driving me nuts).Maybe I can get him to go play golf or something,LOL!

I was in so much pain yesterday I put some muscle rub all over my legs last night.....I WON'T do that agian,OMG it burns like a beyotch;-)didn't help either.I finally made myself a nice big drink and passed out,LOL;-)

bbl:-)
Old 01-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Cathlete

Hey girls,I just read the new products that Cathe is coming out with and WOW :o :o they look awesome! She is quite the busy beaver these days! How does she do it?LOL

I like the yoga mats,maybe she is planning on releasing a new yoga dvd soon! I could get into yoga if cathe did it;-)
And the kettle ball handle detaches to make medicine balls wow,looks so neat!

bbl
Old 01-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Cathlete

Hey girls,

Im just about to workout.
I ate chinese food yesterday for dinner and forgot to open my fortune cookie.....I just had to share the message from it this morning.

'You will obtain your goal if you maintin your course'

~I like that;-) :7
Old 01-27-2008, 08:44 AM
DeCathelete

Hi girls,

I went to our PX here on post and bought a MP3 player! I finally can do iTtrain and my workouts in the gym with music! I am so excited!

Stacy** how is your son today? My DD called us yesterday, she is throwing up! Maybe it is the flu? Hope you get your workout in today! I am still a little sore today! Itís a good thing! Make sure you get some rest today!

Amelia** take a rest day! It will not hurt you! Your are right, it is nice not to worry what you shove in your mouth!

Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497
Old 01-27-2008, 08:51 AM
DeCathelete

Hi girls,

This was my lunch today! I made it a few times and it is always delish!

Butternut Squash Lasagna

courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

Cook's Note: The no-boil lasagna noodles can be substituted with fresh spinach lasagna sheets. Look for fresh lasagna sheets in the refrigerated section of specialty markets.

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (1 1/2 to 2-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup water
3 amaretti cookies, crumbled
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 1/2 cups whole milk
Pinch nutmeg
3/4 cup (lightly packed) fresh basil leaves
12 no-boil lasagna noodles ( I used ww lasange noodles!
2 1/2 cups shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan

Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the squash and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the water into the skillet and then cover and simmer over medium heat until the squash is tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly and then transfer the squash to a food processor. Add the amaretti cookies and blend until smooth. Season the squash puree, to taste, with more salt and pepper.
Melt the butter in a heavy medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, whisking often, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the nutmeg. Cool slightly. Transfer half of the sauce to a blender*. Add the basil and blend until smooth. Return the basil sauce to the sauce in the pan and stir to blend. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.

Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.

Lightly butter a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish. Spread 3/4 cup of the sauce over the prepared baking dish. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread 1/3 of the squash puree over the noodles. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Drizzle 1/2 cup of sauce over the noodles. Repeat layering 3 more times.

Tightly cover the baking dish with foil and bake the lasagna for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over the lasagna. Continue baking uncovered until the sauce bubbles and the top is golden, 15 minutes longer. Let the lasagna stand for 15 minutes before serving.

*When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth

Enjoy!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497
Old 01-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Cathlete
gidget1978's Profile Fields

Good morning Ladies:) Although it is getting closer to afternoon here!
I had an o.k night at work but I was exhausted when it was time to come home. I went to bed until 11 which is pretty good for me but the best sleeps I have are when DS is out of the house cause every noise he makes....I hear! Anyway,I am sipping some coffee and typing this with one had b/c he is in my arms:) I use to do this when I nursed him, you wouldn't beleive how fast I could type with one hand! Ive lost the ability though b/c you have no idea how long this is taking me:) hehe!

Im not sure what todays workout will be. It may be another circuit with longer runs.Depending on how much time I have.I don't mind doing circuits back to back b/c they never make me sore. Its more for endurance then strength gains.

I know I only just woke up but I feel as if I am in control of my eating today:) Ive already spotted the brownies that I had a breif relationship with yesterday but I closed the fridge door again. It didn't bother me either which makes me realize it was just mindless eating! I probably didn't even taste half of what I was eating!

Belinda** Enjoy your rest day! I think I workout so much b/c I can:) If I don't have the time then it doesn't bother me and I am happy with an hour.I don't like taking rest days though b/c I tend to eat more.Instead I will just to a lighter cardio or something.Glad you got your MP3 player!

Amelia** I hate it when DH drives me crazy! When he was unemployed he drove me nuts b/c he was always around. Before that i hardly seen him.I think you will want to take some activties outside this week;) Nice fortune!!!!

Stacy** So sorry to hear your boy is sick! I hate it when kids get sick cause they are so helpless.I hope it doesn't go right through the house!

Laine** There is nothing worse then a hacking cough in the middle of the night.I hope you got somme rest after!

Cheryl** Hope you are able to check in with us today and get a workout in!

Carrie** What do you have on taps for today? Is your baby as clingy as ours or do we have ours ruined?

Shannon** Did you get a better nights sleep? Company still around?

Kristine** How did Heidis b-day party go? DS wasn't impressed at his...I don't think he likes alot of people around.

Alright this as taken me forever! Ill BBL!

Lori:)