Commit to get fit and lean for Sun Jan-27-08

3:25 am here on the East Coast. I'm up with my nasty cough again. x(

I might try sleeping down here on the couch so I don't disturb hubby too much. Or maybe the comfy chair since sitting up makes me cough less. Going to try.

I think I might have to go back to the doc soon. :(

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Good morning Lainie and girls,

I just wrote a long a$$ post and it disappeared!

Cheryl** I am sorry you still not feeling better! Whatever you caught hit you really hard! Sending you lots of healing vibes! Make sure you take it easy! I am glad you back!

Lori** WTG on you 4 mile run and circuit workout yesterday! Are you still doing BFL? Why are you working out so much? My weight is holding on this week too! No luck!

Amelia**I hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday? Are you still sore today? I hope you get that TM soon!

Shannon** I am sorry about your restless night! I hate when that happened! Good job still getting your workout in! Did you see Catha’s new fitness line? She has lots off cool stuff!

Stacey** great job on you UB and abs yesterday! Make sure you stay warm! I really liked working out at the gym!

Lanie** I am sorry your knees are still bordering you! I am glad you enjoy the 4DS rotation! Nice workout yesterday! Did you buy your Cathe’s DVD’s from Cathe’s website? Why are you selling them? I am interested in the Classics! Not sure if it is a good one! That is the one DVD I don’t have! Tracey Staehle's recipes looks really good! You need to get some sleep, girl! Way to early for you to get up!

Have a great day!
Belinda

Hello!!

How is everyone this morning? We had a super tough night last night! My oldest DS came down with a nasty bug yesterday morning and was sick all day yesterday and last night (throwing up, sore throat). I'm wondering if he has the flu? He is at least not sick at his tummy this morning, just complaining of the sore throat. My DH and I were up a lot last night and I'm feeling it today:(

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday with Alex being sick. So today's plan is to do some form of cardio. At this point I'm thinking of either Kim Spreen's Cardio Camp, or the elliptical. I'll see what I'm in the mood for later.

Belinda, how are you today? Thanks for getting us started and ENJOY your rest day today:)

Lainie, sorry you are feeling bad still! Man this has been one of the WORST seasons I can remember for viruses. My kids have never been this sick before! I'm praying that I avoid it!

Cheryl, so glad to hear from you and I'm very sorry you've been so sick. My brother is also on the Z pack and has the same thing you have. Hope you feel better soon and can get some good rest today.

Lori, glad you avoided the cold! Sounds like you had a great run yesterday and I hope today goes great for you.

Hi to Carrie, Amelia, Shannon, and all who follow:)

Okay, better get a lot more coffee here! Will try to check back with you all later. Check out Cathe's new blog post on STS. Looks neat. My sister and I have actually discussed splitting the cost for STS, but may wait and purchase it next Fall or Christmas. We would share it and that way it would be less expensive. I'd like to see how it turns out before I purchase it, even though it would be a lot cheaper with the presale.

Stacey

Good Morning girls,

Lainie-Im sending a vodu on that cough/cold of yours...poor thing! Seems like youve been sick forever! Did you sleep alright last night?

Belinda-Yay rest day..is it also your free day? OMG,i ate a little too much yesterday but it was so fun just not have think about everything that goes in my mouth! I did the same thing last sat. and still lost weight so Im not to worried about it! Im still waiting for my TMx( It's like tortore or something,LOL!

Lori-Great workout yesterday! Yeah,I enjoyed my free day,just wished i wasn't so sore so I could have workedout yesterday! I haven't been this sore in over a year :eek:! you doing another circiut today?

Shannon-Im sorry you got kicked int the back friday night..thats no fun! I haven't read the BFL book yet,the dang library hasn't gotten it in yet x( its been three weeks since I placed it on hold too x(. What workout are you doing today!

Cheryl-Im was so glad to see you yesterday,I was getting worried about cha ;-) sorry to hear you got sick :-(! I love your new avatar! I hope you wake up feeling better today! Are you following BFL?

Stacey-What Upper body workout did you do friday? Great job on it,I don't know why but I just drag my butt with abb work...i just don't wanna do it??? I love working my UB though, and im glad its on the agenda this week twice instead of LB :7!

ETA-Oh man,sorry to hear your son was sick last night,I hope he feels alot better soon! I think everybody is sick these days,my nose is a little stuffy right now. I hope you get to do your cardio today,I know you love getting your workout in!I will also wait until next year to get STS,I want to see how everbody likes it first!

Carrie-So is this your final week of p90 or is there two recovery weeks? I bet you so proud of yourself,thats some tuff stuff! How was the yoga yesterday? I wish I could get into yoga or something relaxing,my body needs it right now!

Kristine-How are you doing today! I hope you get a chance to check in:)

Todays workout will be Imax2 as far as I can go with it,i need to burn off some of those cals from yesterday,plus DH has been getting on my last nerve all weekend so a nice long sweatfest is what I need! STill waiting on the $ to get all my workout stuff and tm x( maybe it will be tommorrow (fingers crossed)I don't know what im going to do when he gets laid off next week because he will be off for NINE WHOLE days until his new job starts(driving me nuts).Maybe I can get him to go play golf or something,LOL!

I was in so much pain yesterday I put some muscle rub all over my legs last night.....I WON'T do that agian,OMG it burns like a beyotch;-)didn't help either.I finally made myself a nice big drink and passed out,LOL;-)

bbl:)

Hey girls,I just read the new products that Cathe is coming out with and WOW :eek: :eek: they look awesome! She is quite the busy beaver these days! How does she do it?LOL

I like the yoga mats,maybe she is planning on releasing a new yoga dvd soon! I could get into yoga if cathe did it;-)
And the kettle ball handle detaches to make medicine balls wow,looks so neat!

bbl

Hey girls,

Im just about to workout.
I ate chinese food yesterday for dinner and forgot to open my fortune cookie.....I just had to share the message from it this morning.

'You will obtain your goal if you maintin your course'

~I like that;-) :7

Hi girls,

I went to our PX here on post and bought a MP3 player! I finally can do iTtrain and my workouts in the gym with music! I am so excited!

Stacy** how is your son today? My DD called us yesterday, she is throwing up! Maybe it is the flu? Hope you get your workout in today! I am still a little sore today! It’s a good thing! Make sure you get some rest today!

Amelia** take a rest day! It will not hurt you! Your are right, it is nice not to worry what you shove in your mouth!

Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi girls,

This was my lunch today! I made it a few times and it is always delish!

Butternut Squash Lasagna

courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

Cook's Note: The no-boil lasagna noodles can be substituted with fresh spinach lasagna sheets. Look for fresh lasagna sheets in the refrigerated section of specialty markets.

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (1 1/2 to 2-pound) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup water
3 amaretti cookies, crumbled
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 1/2 cups whole milk
Pinch nutmeg
3/4 cup (lightly packed) fresh basil leaves
12 no-boil lasagna noodles ( I used ww lasange noodles!
2 1/2 cups shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan

Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the squash and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the water into the skillet and then cover and simmer over medium heat until the squash is tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly and then transfer the squash to a food processor. Add the amaretti cookies and blend until smooth. Season the squash puree, to taste, with more salt and pepper.
Melt the butter in a heavy medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, whisking often, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the nutmeg. Cool slightly. Transfer half of the sauce to a blender*. Add the basil and blend until smooth. Return the basil sauce to the sauce in the pan and stir to blend. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.

Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F.

Lightly butter a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish. Spread 3/4 cup of the sauce over the prepared baking dish. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread 1/3 of the squash puree over the noodles. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Drizzle 1/2 cup of sauce over the noodles. Repeat layering 3 more times.

Tightly cover the baking dish with foil and bake the lasagna for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over the lasagna. Continue baking uncovered until the sauce bubbles and the top is golden, 15 minutes longer. Let the lasagna stand for 15 minutes before serving.

*When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth

Enjoy!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good morning Ladies:) Although it is getting closer to afternoon here!
I had an o.k night at work but I was exhausted when it was time to come home. I went to bed until 11 which is pretty good for me but the best sleeps I have are when DS is out of the house cause every noise he makes....I hear! Anyway,I am sipping some coffee and typing this with one had b/c he is in my arms:) I use to do this when I nursed him, you wouldn't beleive how fast I could type with one hand! Ive lost the ability though b/c you have no idea how long this is taking me:) hehe!

Im not sure what todays workout will be. It may be another circuit with longer runs.Depending on how much time I have.I don't mind doing circuits back to back b/c they never make me sore. Its more for endurance then strength gains.

I know I only just woke up but I feel as if I am in control of my eating today:) Ive already spotted the brownies that I had a breif relationship with yesterday but I closed the fridge door again. It didn't bother me either which makes me realize it was just mindless eating! I probably didn't even taste half of what I was eating!

Belinda** Enjoy your rest day! I think I workout so much b/c I can:) If I don't have the time then it doesn't bother me and I am happy with an hour.I don't like taking rest days though b/c I tend to eat more.Instead I will just to a lighter cardio or something.Glad you got your MP3 player!

Amelia** I hate it when DH drives me crazy! When he was unemployed he drove me nuts b/c he was always around. Before that i hardly seen him.I think you will want to take some activties outside this week;) Nice fortune!!!!

Stacy** So sorry to hear your boy is sick! I hate it when kids get sick cause they are so helpless.I hope it doesn't go right through the house!

Laine** There is nothing worse then a hacking cough in the middle of the night.I hope you got somme rest after!

Cheryl** Hope you are able to check in with us today and get a workout in!

Carrie** What do you have on taps for today? Is your baby as clingy as ours or do we have ours ruined?

Shannon** Did you get a better nights sleep? Company still around?

Kristine** How did Heidis b-day party go? DS wasn't impressed at his...I don't think he likes alot of people around.

Alright this as taken me forever! Ill BBL!

Lori:)

Hey girls,

This morning has been much better, still busy but better. I slept much better last night, no kicking:) I guess it was just hard for her to sleep because she was in a strange place. Today is suppose to be a rest day but since I had my cheat meal yesterday I may go ahead and workout. I will probably do Amy Bento's ASC2 (it did not get done yesterday) and practice my kettlebell moves.

Belinda - Yes I saw Cathe's new merchandise yesterday. I don't really need any of it, except maybe the boxing gloves if she comes out with MMA soon. Enjoy your rest day:)

Stacey - Hope your son feels better soon, have a great workout:)

Amelia - Goodness sound like your legs were really sore yesterday, hopefully they feel better today. I'm sorry your library still hasn't gotten in BFL, hopefully it will come soon. Have fun with Imax2, it's a toughy.

Lori - Sounds like you have a good workout planned for today. There are three other people sleeping in the bed with me. Thank goodness it is a king...lol I did get a better sleep last night, no kicking. I am feeling much more rested today.

Carrie - My nieces are 2 and 1, the are rotten but I love them. Have a great day.

Lainie - I just got my kettlebells a few days ago and practiced some of the moves yesterday. It is a tough workout, harder then traditional weights but a lot of fun. I can tell that these are really going to add to my workouts. I purchased mine at perform better and the shipping for a 35 and 26 lbs was only 16 dollars so you might should consider purchasing them online. I couldn't find any at my target when I went looking for them. Have a great day.

Good morning ladies,

Sorry I didn't get to check in yesterday, but I was busy with DS and getting all my grocery shopping done. I did a 60 min. workout on my TM yesterday. Wow, very intense and I was exhausted afterwards, but it felt good.
Not sure about today's workout yet, I am thinking weights. We'll see.

Belinda - Oh, rest day, that sounds nice, maybe I should do that instead of weights? Just kidding.

Amelia - Good luck on IMAX 2 today. I love that workout!

Lainie - Oh my, so sorry you are still feeling sick. I sure hope you get better soon.

Stacey - I hope you DS will be better soon. I had it when Heidi is sick. I always feel so bad for her.

Lori - I know you asked me several questions I haven't answered. Yes, we want another little one and maybe will start trying in July or so. I thought you guys wanted too, what changed your mind?
Oh, Heidi loved her Birthday party. Not so much the people, but she was a champ in walking around the whole house and you could see how much she enjoyed herself.

Shannon - Have fun with your workout. Sounds like a good one.

Cheryl - I hope you will be better soon. Like Stacey said, there are some nasty virues etc. out there this year.

Hello to all who follow.

Hopefully I will be back later to report my workout.

Kristine :)

Well, I'm back. I was able to go back to sleep after being up for about a half hour. I know you all are probably tired of hearing me bellyache about my illnesses, but I'm pretty tired of having them! Ugh. Who has time to go to the doctor every couple weeks? Every time I go to the doc they can't find anything but just a regular cold--but it just won't go away.

Today is a rest day, which is good because my knee is sore after yesterday's workout (4DS HIS). It won't be total rest because, like Leanne, I have Clean Max and Laundry Max to do. :)

Belinda, I'm trying to cut back on some of my higher impact stuff as well as just stuff I don't use much for whatever reason. The Classics are o.k. but a little distracting with the old clothes, so that's why I'm selling them. If the 80's outfits don't bother you, then they are great. I just figured I needed to cut back on all the step workouts. I'll keep quite a few but not as many as I've had before.

Stacey, sorry to hear you had a rough night, too. I'm thankful that at least my kids slept through, even if I couldn't. It's so hard to be up with sick kids.

Amelia, my DH has been driving me nuts this weekend as well, though in my case it could be partially because TTOM is coming soon. My hubby can just be such a baby sometimes, though. Like a third kid around here. Luckily he just took his laptop over to the library to get some work done in a more quiet environment, so I get some free space.

Lori, I used to do that one hand typing thing with my kids, too. I got very skilled at using the mouse and the keyboard with just one free hand off to the side. :)

Shannon, enjoy ASC2--I love that one!

Hi Kristine--hope you have a great workout today.

Hello to all who follow. Better go get Ewan down for a nap and keep going with Clean Max.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hi folks,

Lori**did you get your workout in today!

Shannon** how do you use those kettlebells with Cathe’s workouts?

Kristine** I am glad you had a fun 60 min. on your TM! Enjoy your weight workout today!

Lainie** what is your doctor saying, you being sick so much? Take vitamins, maybe which will help! Do you eat lots of fruit and vegetables? Sending you healing vibes! You need to get better! Glad you enjoyed your workout yesterday!

Cheryl** how are you today?

Mary** where are you??

Hi to the rest of the girls!

Enjoy your Sunday!
Belinda

Hey Girls!

Back to report my workout! And my eating as been soooo much better today! Im glad my binge/cravings are over with. Maybe it was post PMS symptoms?;) I had a pack of All bran bites before my workout.And I just had 2 protein pancakes with yogurt and fruit. Thats it now until we go to my MILs for supper.

My workout ended up being a 7 mile run and BC.It was a good workout and I think I burned some major cals!:)

Shannon** Glad to hear you got a good nights sleep!:)

Kristine** We aren't 100% that we aren't having another one.We will see, sometimes I want another one and sometimes I think I have my handsfull with the two I have. Time will tell I guess!

Laine** Enjoy your rest day! Is there anything else that the doc can check out? Did he do bloodwork?

Belinda** Got my workout done and over with:) Now I have it over and done with!

Over and out!:)
Lori:)

Hey girls,Im just popping in to report my workout and list my meals(upcoming meals) of the day!

Imax2 warmup and intervals1-7 then did cool down and strecth.Then did the abbs from PH.

#1 coffee with 2 tbs of 1/2 & 1/2
two mini ppancakes
1/2 cup of egg beaters

#2 two tbs NPB,one slice WW bread
1 c V8 juice

#3 1/2 c refried beans,1 WW/LC tortilla with 1/4 c cheese tomatoes,onions

#4 salsa chicken wrap(in a Lc/ww torilla) with 1tbs of LF sourcream

#5 one cup of chilie with 1/4 c cheese
side salad with dressing

#6 orange string cheese

ok,i'll try and bbl with personals if not then I will be back in the morning with personals:) Have a great sunday everybody!

Quick check in to report my workout. I ended up going on a nice, long walk with Ryan in the jogger outside. It felt good and it's all I had the energy for today!

Okay, sorry I can't post more, I'll check back in with you all tomorrow.

Oh, I was able to get 5 workouts in last week, so that's a full month now I've been consistently getting 5/week in!

Stacey

Hi, everyone! I thought I was doing better - really did - had two horrible nasty coughing bouts so bad last night and this morning that I thought I would wet my pants!!! DH found some cough syrup with codeine and I took full doses, but still didn't kill it.

By 1:30 I thought I was feeling better so I tried just the step portion of LIS. Big mistake. 15 minutes into it my chest was on fire and I've been fighting nausea off and on the rest of the day.

But I do think I'm on the healing end of this - I just shouldn't have pushed it with the workout, darn!!

Amelia - I haven't been following BFL. I'm going to be doing something else in a program that will start this Wed. night. More about that tomorrow when I post. SOOO happy for you with the 3 lbs down. You are doing so well.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts, ladies!!!
Lainie, so sorry you're still dealing with crud too. I feel for ya, girlfriend!!!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.