Commit to get FIT & LEAN for Sep 9, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Morning all.

I have Shock Cardio….MMA Fusion Plus Heavy Bag Bonus Workout on the rotation today. Maybe I will go for a run??? Can't wait to use Cathe's other cardio wo soon, getting a little tired of of the SC wo:confused:

Have a great day and workout, everyone!

Good Morning!:)

I feel better rested then yesterday morning. I had a hour long nap when I put DS to bed and then went back to bed at 12...so I had about 7 hrs.

I'm not sure what today's workout will be. I was going to go for a run but it looks wet out and I think DH is getting up earlier to go to work. I think he is trying to turn a new leaf. He will probably get up early today....but next week this time remains to be seen. As a business owner I think he should be up early. He could get alot done by getting up early and doing work when no one else is around.

Yesterdays workout was only a 50 min run so I think I will start my workout today with chest for STS and some abs....DOMS came yesterday out of no where in my legs! They were so sore! LOL

Belinda** I can't think about squating that much. I don't have any help when it comes to benches or squat racks. It would be nice to figure out how much I could squat though.

Ameila** Nice workout yesterday.

Iris** OMG...that was to funny! Hit her face and run. I should do that with alot of people actually! LOL I would need a mask though before I started popping people in the chops!

Kristin** So its back to school for you?? What grade do you teach?

Helene** Are you sad your holidays are over? I can't believe the summer is over actually. Where did it go? Its depressing to think that we have to start dressing in layers again! From what I have heard about parking lot accidents (here anyway) is that I pay for my damage and she pays for hers. Would suck to be her cause me gots no damage:eek::p

Deb** Have you resumed normal workouts yet? Do you need the ok from your doc before you do?

Melissa** Yes...finger sandwiches would be good to:rolleyes: DH did say she was really nice but I guess she kept trying to puch it.

Cookie** Nice workout yesterday!! How was your vaca?

Trish** Good to know your still alive and well! Its been busy for me as well. My sister is home and every bit of my free time seems to be tak'in up.

I will bbl to report my workout!!!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies

Today will be cardio.....maybe, maybe , maybe a run...if not...more step..lol I might do both. No doms from yesterday's w/o.....huh...bummer.

So yesterday, my cop client re-signed for 10 more sessions (which is awesome!), my marine client, who was also due for re-sign, didn't show up.... wtf....he was at 6 pm, but I had to stay for a 7 consult anyways.

SO.....he shows up...yada, yada, he leaves, I sit down at my desk about 8ish, and there's a missed call and message on my phone...can anyone GUESS? :mad: His message says " you're unbelievable, you dont' even answer your phone....click".....:mad: So I call him back, and he asks what I'm doing...I say at the gym, working...so he gets real smart and says "ohhh you're alllllways working"....so now I call him back when I leave the gym, and it's the same old same old whatcha been up to, and then he gets mad at me, and then he says fine I'll let you go.......and I tell him, I've tried...he says no I haven't, he says I'm great til we get together *wtF*, and I'm like you don't say anything to me, you hardly talk to me! Ugghhh.....he says I should do the entertaining. :eek: I told him to seriously re-think that statement, and get back to me. :rolleyes: UGH.

Ohhh and the effing cards still arent' working at the gym.....and DC is outta town thank god.

Belinda- I hear on doing the SC workouts over and over...I gave up when I did the 6 month rotation...lol

Lori- Nahhhh about the mask...just knock em out cold, and keep running....they won't catch ya! lol You're right about business owners getting up early.......I need to learn that....but I DO get up early...I consider my workouts definitely part of my business! hehe. That's the beauty of our business ;) I hope when it's all said and done here, we can really bounce ideas/strategies/venting off each other...lol

Cookie- LOL @ ruining your DH. So how you like those one legged pikes in ab circuits? Are you referring to that one woman you don't like dealing with at work in regards to the punching bag? lol I have one more client since the last time...and she's hysterical.

Helene- Yeah maybe Saturday......we'll see how this weekend goes, I have one possibly two sessions in the morning, plus the market, plus my parents...but maybe that evening? And yeah....that's what's going on with DC now....I'm taking the bull by the horns definitely... only way to get thing done, even if I dont' know what I'm doing....he says he should piss me off more often....:rolleyes: You girls are great with your support! But I don't think I got robbed at all in Daytona...... :cool: I was going to ask about your DS too with school. :)

Deb- If you want shoulder DOMS...do PS Chest/Tri's/Shoulders 3 sets of everything...LOL. And yes the comments were from non-Daytona's...ughhh. I just don't understand.......... Did you get B&G in?? How's the hip?

Amelia- Nice workout! Love BM2 upper body.

Trish- I'm not feeling anything in my lats! Dangit! Dont' worry about not being able to check in ......but you can't deny lurking! ;)

Melissa- CTX is great!! I am still "borrowing" from Helene...:eek: .it's a keeper! The gym is a couple of years old. The original owner went belly up in March, and DC (who owns the business next door...and the building of this small plaza), bought the franchise in April....I came on the end of May. Some pluses is having next door to go to when I want to eat, make a phone call with no noise, etc...., I put a microwave over there, there's a washer/dryer/bathroom/shower...(no showers in the gym...no room :().. I'll have a mini fridge over there by december I guarantee it!

Okay ladies...I'm off and running (hopefully)...BBL!

Morning everyone.

Belinda: Are you doubling all your cardio workouts lately? Wow! I can't wait for the new workouts. They look soooooo good! I'm hopping she manages to release early :D

Lori: LOL, Iris is always full of good ideas as to what you should do with people that get in your way ;)

Melissa: So you are going to work with the lady that texted at 3am? I went on FB and checked out your pics. Love 'em and nice that you have the ones from the RT. My eating is still on vacation mode. Not good.

Iris: UGH. fme. e for everything. :p I hate being sick. Makes me cranky.

Deb: Sorry about the traffic. I guess it must get really bad in NJ. Yesterday Nicolas and his friend found a seat right away to sit together. :) Guess I'll be paying my taxes after all ;) Yay is right on the next vaca, even if it's May 2011. But we have to plan far ahead with the timeshare to get the good stuff.

Kristin: I bet you are really busy with school starting up again. I am thinking I am sick, but you must get a lot of what the kids have all the time.

Cookie: I am trying to get my DH to visit my basement. He said that for his soccer they moved up a league and he can't run enough against the younger fitter guys. He was going to try insanity last night but fell asleep putting DS to sleep :rolleyes: I would love to do a 3 month STS round with him. But someone has to watch the little ones.

Trish: Glad your were paying attention during internet security :p

Amelia: I am trying to visit your blog everyday for motivation and inspiration :)

Well I tried to workout yesterday but my HR went through the roof and I was hurting everywhere so I stopped. I am loading up on DayQuill and going to work. My throat is so sore :confused:

Have a great day everyone. I love reading about all your workouts even if I am under the weather.

Morning,

Today is a dog walk(may do a cc w/her not sure yet) then i will come back home and do coremax 3 + stretchmax 3.

Belinda-Have fun with MMA.

Iris-sorry no doms today. yay on the cop-client!! Have a good workout today

Helene-So cool that you visit my blog for inspiration:) I hope you feel better soon..hugs to you!

Cookie-Awesome workout yesterday

Melissa- Congrats on your new purchase! I considered CTX a few months ago, let me know how you like it. I loved all the previews to it!

Trish-high fives on your workout yesterday with PS. Hope everything is going well, how do the kiddies like school?

Lori-love those sneaky doms in the legs! Have a good run today.

Hello to everyone i missed!

bbl

Hey everyone!

Sorry I did not check in yesterday. Yesterday turned into a rest day. I really wanted to do 4 DS LIS but I was beyond exhausted. I had not slept the whole night for three nights in a row and it caught up to me. Tuesday night, I fell asleep around 11:30, woke up at 2:30 and couldn’t get back to sleep. This hasn’t happened to me in so long. Then Nikolas woke up as I was getting ready to go to work and he was telling me he didn’t want to go to school, he wanted to stay home with me :(. I gave him a little stone with an angel on it that someone gave to me and told him to keep it in his pocket and when he is feeling sad or scared or missing me to just rub the stone and he’ll feel better knowing he has an angel in his pocket. He said it worked. I just hope he eventually loves school. When I got home I drank a big cup of coffee when I picked up the boys and it did nothing to boost my energy. That’s when I realized the workout was not going to happen. If caffeine can’t give me a “pick-me-up” you know I am tired. So after putting the boys to bed, I went to bed and slept beautifully last night. On the agenda for today is 4 DS LIS.

Deb- The boys are sleeping like babies. Hopefully, I will get back into my good sleeping too ;). How was Butts and Guts? I love, love, love that workout. FIREWALKERS!!!!!

Amelia- BM2 upper body is awesome. I love the weight work in that one. It is fast-paced but gets the job done. I always have DOMs after. Plus the ab work on that one is one of my all-time favorites.

Trish- I am trying to get back in the swing of things as well. We’ll get it together ;).

Melissa- LOL at your mom having incidents the first day that last all year. I’ve had that experience myself once or twice. So far the kids seem fine. Some kids do show their true colors on day on, others wait to see your true colors first, lol. I know Nikolas will get adjusted in time. I just cannot help but worry about him though when he’s like this. Last year when he started daycare he was quiet about it (not telling me how his day was b/c he ‘didn’t remember”). Now he is doing the same thing, only saying “It’s a long story I don’t want to talk now, I want to play.” So I am just getting little tid-bits about his day. I want to know everything though!!!! LOL.

Cookie- can’t say I’ve read the book, but I will definitely pick up a copy. It sounds interesting. LOL at pretending your bag is a co-worker. I love doing kickboxing on days when someone p*$$ed me off ;)

Belinda- all I can say is WOW! Very inspiring. I need STS!!!! LOL. I love MMA Fusion. I hear you about the new workouts though. I always want more, lol.

Lori- I teach 7th grade English. A lot of people gasp when I tell them the grade because they think it is a horrible age, but I actually love it. It can be challenging at times, but I love a challenge ;)

Helene- Things were a little crazy this week with everything happening at once (going back to work, Nikolas starting Kindergarten), but I think next week will be smoother. I’m hoping, anyway. When I first started teaching I got sick all the time. I think my immune system just got stronger through it because now, I hardly ever get sick. I better go find something wooden to knock on now, lol.

Okay, I’ll be back later to post my workout. Sorry I was MIA yesterday, just so freakin’ exhausted. I feel so much better today.

Kristin

Hi Girls

Had a good workout this morning. Glad I fit it all in. I did STS chest, 3.5 miles on the TM mixed in with circuit blast (all of it!) I think I was working out for 90 mins or so which is good for a early morning workout.

Helene** Forgot you weren't feeling well. Sounds like you are coming down with something. Last week my forehead was super tight and I thought I was getting some kind of sinus infection but it didn't amount to anything. Hope some sleep and nyquil will get rid of it for you!:D

Ameila** Have a good workout today!

Kristin** I wouldn't be able to give DS a stone to take with him b/c he would beat someone up side the head with it...you laugh...but its true. You wouldn't be able to find a boy any rougher then mine! His preschool teacher told me yesterday that he was really bad for putting things in his mouth, which is odd but the least of my worries if thats all she as to complain about.

Iris** Ugh! You need to kick him to the curb. I think this relationship/friendship is draining. It even makes me tired. You starts a message off like that? I think he likes picking fights. You need to just cut him lose. Yes...can't wait to finish my course and start kicking some butts!

Alright...I have work that needs to get done!

Lori:)

Hello all!!

I woke up super alert this morning at 5:30 so I did my workout then: 4DS Bootcamp/Lower Circuit Premix. What a great workout!! And you know what's weird? My shoulders and back are just now feeling DOMS from the upper body WO I did Tues night. What's up w that?! :confused:

My dad just realized I have a step so he warned me he will be commandeering it for some PT exercises he has to do for his leg. Then my brother realized I have a barbell so he is eying that too. I should start charging rent for my fitness equipment ;)

Belinda, MMA Fusion is my favorite of the MMAs, as I probably said a million times lol. SO much fun!

Lori, I agree about getting to work early when you have your own business. Even getting to work earlier in general is good IMO. We can choose to work 830-5 or 9-530 and I choose the earlier one because hardly anyone comes in at 830. It is such a peaceful time! Awesome workout today, esp for an early morning!!:eek::D

Helene, yup, I'm going to work for the 3AM lady lol. I need money. The more I can make the better lol. I need to save as much as I can now because Jan & Feb are VERY slow for promos and since I will be in school FT the money will be tight. I'm going to look for another PT job too; I was thinking of going back to training so we'll see. Thanks for checking out my FB! Next year when I go to the RT, I need to take more pics ;)

Cookie, I used to be an instructor right after I graduated college. I trained and taught kickboxing classes. I was so broke at the time but I was SO incredibly happy. Nice job on the WO yesterday!

Iris, sounds like he knows what buttons to push, when to push em, and he enjoys it! :eek: I say kick him to the curb. You have enough drama in your life with broken ACs, benches, etc ;) If he is so great until you get together, why is he calling you?! Mind games I tell ya!

Kristin, that is so cute about the stone. That will make him feel better, something to think of you by. I'm sure he will love school in time. Right now it's still new and he just had a whole 3 months with you so he is a little attached. LOL @ wanting to know everything about his day. My brother was like that when he was little and my mom would keep asking him and he wanted nothing to do with her. I don't know if it was cuz he wasn't a chatty kid or he just didn't want to talk about "boring" things lol.

Amelia, have a good workout! How do you know how many calories you're burning in a workout?

Did everyone preorder the new WOs? I was going to but I kinda regretted it when I did so with SC; the workouts weren't as good as I'd hoped they would be. I mean, I like them and all but if I had to do it again, I would only pick maybe one or 2 and leave the rest.

Hi to Trish, Deb, and anyone I missed!! Hope everyone has a great day!

workout done. power walked for 45mins then came home and did CM3 + SM3. My core was on fire:confused: guess thats a good thing:p

Melissa-I never did pre-order the new workouts:eek: talked about it but in the end i wanted to hear the previews on them first. What are your favoriet SC workouts? I would like to get another step or KB from SC but not sure which one? About the calorie burn, i wear a heart rate monitor during my workouts..there not exact but close enough.

Lori-Awesome workout today! WTG

Kristine-such a sweet story about the angel rock. I love it and may borrow that idea w/my kids. I hope you had a good nights sleep last night! Lately i have been drinking those crystal lite energy packs mixed in w/water...not clean but they do boost my energy when im feeling drained...ever try them before? I can't drink them every day though, there kinda strong:confused:

hello to everyone that follows:)

Morning girls,

Yay, I'm sneaking in some time to check in and see what's new with Cathe. Anyone planning to post pics to the workout manager? Not sure if I'm up for that! My wo today was iClimb 16 (45 mins, 554 cals) + No Equip abs (rotation called for kpc abs, but I was too lazy to go and get my stability ball). I didn't sleep well at all last night, but was surprised at how much energy I had for my wo. Just goes to show what good music can do!

Belinda - I was quite impressed with your squats the other day...100#?? Sheesh! I don't think I have attempted anything over 65# (which I think was your warm up set..LOL!!) WTG!

Lori - ^5 on your sleep last night. I woke up around 1'ish and don't think I went back to sleep until after 5. I was really looking forward to a good night's sleep since the girls are out of school today and I could really take my time with my wo. Instead I stayed in bed an hour later to make up for the lost sleep. Oh well, tonight will hopefully be better. How long is your sister visiting for? Nice, loooong wo :cool:

Iris - Oh, DG is back! I've wondered what he's been up to. He must really get your blood pressure up! You are sooo good at calling me out. I get a quick lurk in here or there, but not enough time to post. My lower back was a little sore this morning. Not sure if it was DOMs, but I guess I'll see if it's gone over the next day or so. The first time I did this rotation I had upper back DOMs and no lats. Now I have lat DOMs and no upper back. Very odd, right? How are you liking the rotation otherwise? I've lost count...how many clients are you up to now? Want to hear something funny? My co-worker (who I used to do the gym thing with) is always asking me for routines. He's a former navy seal, looks great. Makes me chuckle that he wants a routine from me.

Helene - How are the little ones doing with back to school? Thankfully both girls eased right back in without a fuss. We also start dance & swim lessons on Saturday. The summer goes too quick! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Amelia - How does your dog like CC? I bet it works him good:p The kiddies are glad to be back in school. I think they actually missed it - friends, teachers, and homework! How are your little ones doing with school?

Kristin - Sorry you haven't been sleeping well. Think you are worried about DS adjusting? I know things like that keep me up at night. Great idea about the angel. I bet it puts a smile on his face when he touches it:) Give Cathe and the crew a run for their money in LIS today!

Melissa - ^5 on your wo and DOMs! I sometimes have delayed DOMs too. Not sure what that is all about. Maybe Iris or Lori can enlighten us:D Yup, I pre-ordered. It's only my second time. The first was with sTS and I was really happy with that, although I have yet to do the whole thing!

Cookie - How are things? Did I read somewhere that you are taking in an exchange student? Sounds exciting!

Deb - How are you feeling? Today is a light traffic day. It took me only 35 mins to get from Hillsdale to midtown today. Not bad;) Plus, I kind of drive like a bat out of hell:eek:

Have a great day ladies.

Hallo girls,

I am finally done with my workout, I was dragging all day long. I shouldn't have cleaned the back of the house first. By the time I got done I was tired:confused: Late afternoon, I decited to give MMA Fusion plus Heavy bag a try, glad I did. I was sweating my butt off. Sweat was just flying around, I noticed this week my HR went up quit a bit with my workouts. I think it's from the cordizone:eek:

I weigth in today, I am down 2.5 lb!:) Finally the scale is moving again, I thought mine was broken for awhile:p

I will be back with personals!

Hi girls,

The plumber has been here all morning needed to have a toilet replaced . . . I had an old fashion pull chain toilet but it was getting too costly to repair. The plumber seems looks like he should be retired feel bad for him:( Hopefully I can leave for work soon.

Yesterday I only did B&G standing and today finished up floor work. My endurance is gone:eek: Monday was 6 weeks since the operation and the Dr. said I could start exercise after 6 weeks. DH says it really is only 5 full weeks, but I think he's splitting hairs:)

Belinda - Can't imagine what your weights will be next time you do an STS rotation:eek:

Lori - Great workout today. Funny that your DS is so tough since he has an older sister not a brother.

Iris - My hip must not like me doing squats & lunges because that's when it hurts but I'm going to FL in 2 weeks for 10 days so it could rest then. How about the next time DG calls you invite him to the gym for a workout and humble him:)

Helene - I'm glad Nicolas & his friend found a seat but now you have to stop thinking about how you were going to spend that tax money:eek: I could pay cash for a car if I stopped paying them for a year!

Kristin - You sure Nikolas isn't a man yet . . . saying it's a long story & not wanting to talk about it:D

Melissa - Sometimes I have to search for my weights and find them in my DS's room. Not sure if I would be to happy if they left the house:) hopefully your family is close by.

Amelia - Burn in your core is a good thing:D well at least for us exercisers. Some people would be running to the emergency room:eek:

Trish - I'm hearing a lot of schools have off the next 2 days for Jewish holidays . . . yay light traffic. What piece of equipment do you do i-climb on?

Cookie - Too funny about your co-worker and the punching bag but I do get it:) I wonder what the exchange student thinks of your workouts & equipment . . . you'll set a good example for Americans:D

Have a great day:)

Ok I just came on to take a breather. Nancy Drew is at it again. Somehow he made a HUGE mistake and big shock, he has no idea how it happened. With the amount of money this dude wastes on mistakes, we could have hired someone better and STILL saved money. But they don't see it that way; they see it as well he makes so little and isn't going anywhere so it's cheap labor. Wow yeah that makes sense. The best is he tried to blame it on my approving an adjustment. They checked the log and shockingly I didn't receive any adjustments in the past 2 days. I don't get it. I really don't!!!!!

Amelia, my favorites from SC are the HIIT workouts and MMA Fusion. I guess you can also add Cardio Core Circuit in there even though it has a huge dread factor for me but it is a challenge to get through which I like :)

Trish, I am undecided about posting before/after pics lol. They are really making the WOM awesome!! I asked SNM a few weeks ago if they could add something to post which premix you did on Facebook if you do one. Sometimes I will do 3 premixes in 1 workout and people think I did 3 DVDs lol ;)

Belinda, congrats on the weight loss!!

Deb, I can't believe it's been 7 weeks already :eek:!! Time flies. Yup, my family is close being that I moved back home lol. My parents told me to save on rent money and stock up so I have some sort of buffer for when I start school in Jan. I am still making payments on my car so it will def help!

Picture me...checking in twice in one day:eek:

Belinda - Nice weight loss! I have a weigh in on Sunday. My clothes are getting looser so I hope the scale has a good report. Sounds like you could use a nap (that's my solution to everything!)

Deb - Sorry to hear about your endurance. I felt the same when I was sidelined with my shoulder injury. But, you have been way better than I was keeping up with workouts. I bet you will bounce back sooner than you think. I do iClimb on my cross-trainer.

Melissa - Nancy Drew is a PITA (as Amelia would say!) 3 premixes in one day?? Oh my!! Still haven't checked out WOM, but Cathe is so ahead of her game...the iphone app is killer. If only phone calls didn't trash your posts while drafting...have to post that on the support forum.

Evening!
Belinda, are you feeling any doms with sts? Also, are you tired? My first two times thru I was just whipped with meso 3. One more disc (tomorrow) and then I'm done with meso 1 again. What kind of results are you finding?
Lori, how much longer til you're done with studying and are a pt? So, who do you think your ds takes after?
Amelia, I love the hiit, fusion and cardio core circuit from sc. The other circuit is also pretty good. Already think I've used hiit more than all my other Cathe dvds! I need to go check up on your blog again.
Helene, sorry you're not feeling well. Did you get out of your meeting this evening? Is next Friday good for you and Iris? Aren't taxes horrendous?
Iris, yep, my coworker, Ms. Charm, is who I think about with the bag. It's a great visualization. You sure have a lot going on. Congrats on the resigns.
Deb, we're really enjoying the exchange student. She's so smart, interesting, and kind that's it's been a delight chatting with her. We have these really long conversations on politics, religion, social issues, family matters that go for hours. Big surprise with me, isn't it? Anyway, she was pretty impressed with the wo stuff downstairs. Now she's interested in trying some of the yoga dvds and doing a few things, which is good. Did you do firewalkers? How are you feeling now?
Melissa, don't you love how kickboxing works the abs? It's my fav way to work them. I use the heavy bag coworker idea during kickboxing also. The poor woman just gets beat up over here. Good idea to move home and save some money. Did your boyfriend also move?
Kristin, your little boy is so cute. Mine only would talk about what was for snack - other than that they always said they couldn't remember what happened it was too much! I never sleep well when school is just starting and after that the first few weeks I'm whipped. It is an exhausting time.
Trish, perhaps the light traffic was 'cause people knew you were coming thru, or it could be due to Rosh Hashana. My kids, particularly my dd, missed the routine of school and socializing so much with her friends. Are you doing photos?
Did 40/20 today, came upstairs and the foreign exchange student asked what were you doing down there. Guess she never heard a grown woman trying to do herself in while jumping like a maniac with someone else saying enjoy your minute, what's left of it.
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.