COMMIT TO GET FIT & LEAN FOR SEP 27, 2011

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

I finished the 60 mile walk this weekend. My legs are in a lot of pain:mad::confused: Friday it was raining all day long, we walked in wet shoes/socks all day, no fun! Day 2 was much better, didn't helped the blisters on our feet from the day before:rolleyes:

I saw ENT doc in Walter Reese (Natinal Naval Medical Center)yesterday, I need a second surgery on my sinus. They are scheduling the appt this week. Not sure, how far I will get with STS this time around :eek: but I need to get the surgery done! I can't do this anymore, had way to many infections (not to mention the pain) the last 2 years. Something went wrong with my surgery in Germany:confused:

Today I will do some yoga/strech. I will give my legs one more day rest, tomorrow I will get a weight workout in.

I will be back an catch up on personals.

Morning,

Belinda: Nice to hear from you. You know what: congratulations on the walk!!! Woohoo. Even if you have sore legs, walked in the rain and have blisters, that is awesome. :) Sorry to hear about your sinuses. That sucks. How did it go last time? Did you have to stop working out for a long time when you had the first surgery?

Cookie: Sorry to hear that you have been so busy and having to work around some issues. I hope it all gets sorted out soon. I've sort of started 30DS and liked it but had to stop because I still have an issue with a muscle in my neck area (from a roller coaster with DS in FL at the beginning of the month.). I have had burn the fat boost the metabolism for quite a while and I really like that one as well. It's a cardio workout but nice interval based and about 45 minutes.

Deb: Do we say "Welcome back" today?

Hi to everyone else. Off to do BM2 scrambled eggs and B&G floor work if I still got it in me.

Hey ladies remember me?! I don't remember the last time I checked in..:confused::eek:

Things were crazy for the past month, between school, taking the GRE, and the 2 jobs! My internship ended this week though; I'm only doing Thursday mornings now. I was gonna try and intern at a private practice to get some experience but I really don't know if my mind or body can handle it. I've been so tired these past 3 weeks and felt like complete a$$ (still got my workouts in though ;) ). I think I'm just gonna do the Thursday thing and take it easy. I fell behind in my classwork and it was a b!tch catching up. GRRR!!

Anyway, this morning I did Ab Circuits Plates & Weights and Drill Max scrambled cardio premix. I'll do STS D4 after class tonight.

Belinda, WOW 60 miles?! :eek: That is awesome!!! I'm sorry to hear that you need surgery. Hopefully it will make you feel a lot better going forward though! Keep us posted. My manager is coordinating a trip to Germany in Feb to Munich and the Black Forest. If I had time off, I would love to go. I thought of you when he mentioned it ;)

Helene, nice combo planned for today!

Cookie, sorry to hear you have been feeling bad. I hope you feel better and that everything is ok with the family!

Hello to everyone else! I missed you girls!!!!!!

Have a great day :)

Hey girls,

30 min walk and 30 min yoga, done:) I never felt DOMS like this in my legs before:confused:

Thanks Melissa and Helene! Let me tell you, those 60 miles are not easy, by all means. My legs are on fire since Friday. Poor Alesia, has a blister from HELL:eek: on her foot, but she kept going. I am so proud of everyone;) her friend just had chemo 6 month ago, she walked almost the entire way. Aleisa and her friends wanna do it again next year:eek::confused: them girls are crazy!:p

Cookie - sorry, to hear you are not feeling bad. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better? How are you liking JM workouts? Any knee problems yet?

Melissa - glad you are back! Was wondering where everyone is these days:eek: Hope things will turn around for you, hang in there! I hope the second surgery is gonna be my last one. LOL, tell your manager I will go with him to Germany, LOL:eek: Miss it, so much! WTG, on those workouts you are getting in today, WOW!

Helene - I couldn't work out for over 6 month the last time, I had surgery! I got an infection a few hours after my surgery:mad::eek: which lasted for months... Sorry, to hear about your neck. Take care of it! How did your workouts go today.

Where is Debbie, Amelia, Trish and Kirstin?

Hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did HALLO anyway!

BTW, for everyone that post on MFP, I will no longer comment on their posts. I am sorry, but I don't have time to post on MFP and on here too. Not to mention, on FB .I hate to do this, but it's very time consuming! No hard feelings, ok!! If you girls, wonna chat with me ....please let's chat here :(

Last edited:
Where is everyone???

D4 done! My arms are on fire. I'm expecting some killer DOMS tomorrow ;)

Belinda, WOW how are you still walking?! Alesia's friend is an awesome inspiration. That is unbelievable! LOL, I hear you on keeping up with multiple social networks. It is very time consuming! MFP was easiest for me because I had to log my food and cal in there as it was but I neglected this site and FB big time :( It's like a part time job trying to keep up with everything!

Off to eat dinner and tackle the homework (yay lol). Have a great night everyone!!

Evening all,

Melissa: LOL at where is everyone. I thought they were with you! :p Great workouts today. Yep, trying to stay sane and fit while juggling everything can be a challenge!

Belinda: Will be happy to talk to you here. :D I think I befriended too many people on MFP because I used to just see the 4 of us which was easy. Now I got to look for you guys. Kind of time taking. Wow on the blister from HELL for Alesia AND walking on it. :eek: Awesome about her friend walking most of it. :) I hope this surgery goes better. :confused:

I did do BM2 scrambled eggs this morning and my legs are fried! I started BnG floor work this afternoon but wimped out at the second or third exercise. Too much pain already and those hamstring roll outs on the ball always get me. I ended up doing ab burner from CLX in my usual vain attempt at finding my abs a couple times a year. Otherwise all is good. TOM is here but the energy is still high so that's good. But my legs are quite fried so I am not sure about tomorrow morning. I wanted to do 30/30 and JM killer legs level 1. Will have to see if my legs cooperate, maybe after a bit of coffee they will. I previewed JM killer legs and it looks killer by the way. Looking forward to trying them out.

OK, that's it for me. See you all in the morning. :D

Hi all,

Just popped in to say I'm here...lurking. Too lazy to get on the laptop and not up to a long post from the phone. Will catch up tomorrow.

Hi all! Just finished HR. I love that workout. It kicked my ass though! The clips of the new workouts look intense!!!! Cannot wait!

Melissa- so glad to see you on here!!!! You've had one helluva month!!! Glad things are easing up now for you.

Helene- I joined MFP and then never went back on. . . gotta get myself on there again!!! Never did Scrambled Eggs BM2. Will have to give it a try one day.

Cookie- (((HUUUGGGSS))))) feel better!

Belinda- you and your daughter are awesome. I can only imagine how sore my legs would be if I walked half that distance, lol. Take it easy on those gams, lol.

Hi to you too Trish ;)

Well, I had a really hard conversation with my cousin, the alcoholic. Remember I talked about her a while ago, maybe almost a year ago. I have tried to talk to her a few times. I finally let it all out today though. She did not want to hear what I had to say, but I said it and it is done and over with. She does not see herself the way I do and does not think she has a problem. I hope she comes around before it is too late.

My dad is fishing and my mom has her sister here from PR. I went there today after work and my aunt told me my mom is hardly eating anything, always complaining of being dizzy. She is diabetic, BTW. SO I stayed to watch her eat dinner. I confronted my mom and she said "Would you eat if you felt dizzy and like you were gonna vomit?" I got so angry, I said, "If I was a diabetic with three kids and three grandchildren, hell yes!" Then she ate her dinner. Ahhhh the stress. Thank God for Cathe. These workouts always help me to feel better.
I am beat!

Kristin

Evening!
Belinda, can't believe you could walk again today. Congrats to the three of you. Inspiring.
Helene, thanks for the info on JM. I got the thigh and butt one, and wow. Did level 1 on Saturday and 2 yesterday. Felt 1 more for some reason, especially in my hamstrings. Now I'll have to find burn the fat one. BM2 would have been enough for me.
Trish, sorry you're tired. I can relate! I've been ready to call it quits for a couple of hours. My poor bed is missing me.
Melissa, you sure are busy. Impressive with keeping up your workouts.
Kristin, did you get cardio in yesterday? How was today?
Deb, welcome back. I think you said you were returning today. Hope you had a great time.
Amelia, saw someone in an Atlanta Braves hat today and thought of you. How are you doing?
Did ctx power circuit this morning. The family stuff is calming down. A boy we fostered for a few years, who remained good friends with one of my sons, and they were even roommates for a few years as adults committed suicide. It was hard for everyone. The accumulated stress of that and work took a toll and I had an attack of diverticulitis. One thing just leads to another. Doing better. Not supposed to be doing impact aerobics but I need it to reduce stress, so I'm trying to take it a little easier. Okay, off to sleep.
Thanks for your support.
Cookie

Hi,

I'm back. It was so much fun & relaxing. Just indulged way to much, it was an all inclusive so I decided I would try lots of frozen drinks multiple times a day & desserts every night:rolleyes: The water was beach & water were beautiful. Will be back tomorrow to tell you more.

On the way home from the airport my FIL called to say my MIL was in the hospital again because she fell or passed out. They think it was from low blood sugar but are doing tests since this is happening so much. We just came home from the hospital so I'm off to bed.

Belinda - Awesome & amazing job 60 miles!!!!! Sorry about the surgery:(

Helene - Great workouts:)

Melissa - You have been so busy!

Trish - Hi!

Kristin - You Mom is going to end up falling or fainting like my MIL if she doesn't eat:(

Cookie - That is so sad:( I can't even imagine what your going through.

Amelia - I caught a glimpse of you new avatar . . . love it!

Iris - How are you?

Lori - I'll have to tell you about the Canadian's we met;)

Goodnight:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.