Commit to get FIT & LEAN for Sep 27,2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Hope you all had a great weekend! Went by so fast!

Yesterday ended up beeing a rest day. We came home to late.

Today I am starting a new rotation from Muscle & Fitness;) DH is doing it too! I will do Chest & Triceps today!

Have a great Monday and workout, ladies! BBL to report my workout!

I am done with my workout! My tricpes are fried:D got a nice burn in my tric & chest. Time went by fast. Love this rotaiton. I will post my wo later, gotta run!

My best to all.

Good Morning!:)

Wish I had more sleep last night but I did have a pretty relaxing weekend so I can't complain. Today I am trying to cut back on sugar....so right now there is little sugar in my coffee:confused: Barf! I was gonna go cold turkey but I couldn't do it!

Yesterday was a complete rest day and last night DH and I got in the hot tub, it was nice for my sore muscles.

A girl I know quite well did her 1st marathon yesterday and is it wrong of me to be happy that she was 11 mins slower then my marathon time? LOL I have been a pretty good runner for a while and any races involving her, I have been faster....until last summer when she kicked my arse in a 10k run. Grant it she had a full nights sleep and I was eating pizza at 3 a.m and up again at 7 (still can't believe I did that:eek:) But I thought that maybe she was getting faster b/c she was still pushing a stroller with a 4 yr old in it:eek:! Anyway...Im still happy she did it and she did well. I am waiting to hear what she thought of the whole experience and if she will ever do it again.

Belinda** DH was whining the other day about how fast weekends go by! LOL Just the ones that I am off of course. The weekends I work are a lifetime :confused: Im like "are you serious" I don't whine when I am home with DS all day...why does he? I don't think he has mastered getting things done, plus watching DS yet. Nice workout!

Helene** I bet you feel well rested b/c of your rest day yesterday. I am waiting to see what it feels like when I start running shortly before I make that call. DD is 14. Its not the first time I have caught her and I think that is why I was so mad.

Ameila** Did you go shopping after??

Kristin** For some reason people don't think its rude to tell people they are skinny...or boney. I am not sure why that is. You would never hear someone say to an overweight person "OMG you are so fat!" Can you imagine? But its the same thing in my eyes. You have that height behind ya so to some people you probably look "skinny". And then there are times when an overweight person loses weight and then they do look "skinny" but only b/c you are use to seeing them overweight....when really they are normal weight. Not that I am defending these women b/c it is very rude and embarassing when someone says *hit like that in front of others and then everyone looks at you. Its happened to me before. After I had DS my MIL wouldn't let up and it even got to the point where she was watching what I ate and how much of it and would even ask me why I wasn't finishing what was on my plate. I thought I was gonna lose it for a while. Then one day she came to realize that we were the same weight (not the same shape mind you) but as long as we were the same weight,that was good enough for her and I never heard anything about it after. My mom still makes comments and sometimes its in front of my sister and I feel bad. My sister isn't overweight but she is still carrying around a little baby weight...I don't know if it bothers her or not cause my sister doesn't talk about stuff like that but it makes me uncomfortable when my mom says it in front of her.

Ok...I should get moving! I will check back later!

Lori:)

Helene- thanks. My neighbor definitely has issues when it comes to body image, that is for sure. She is always talking about weight. Every time I see her see brings it up. What is funny is that on the first day of school she was like, OMG you look so good, blah, blah, blah, but no one was around. Then on Friday she was like OMG you lost like ten more pounds (Funny thing is I weigh the same, I lost nothing this month b/c I am trying to just maintain and tone up my upper body more). My DH just thinks she is crazy and needs constant attention. She dominates the conversation at the bus stop every day. I hate women like this, lol. I also think you are right about the perception of what a healthy weight is in this country. With the country getting fatter and fatter being slim and fit does look unhealthy I guess, lol.

Lori- I totally agree. Telling someone they are too skinny is the same thing as calling someone fat. It is just plain rude. I just wish I had some kind of comeback that was not entirely rude but to the point.

Belinda- did you do Gym Styles chest and triceps? I think my next rotation is going to be with the gym styles. Either that or the Intensity Series, haven’t decided yet.

Okay, so on the agenda for today is either 4 DS HIS, or I might work out with my friend from work if we have time after school is over.

Kristin

Morning girls,

Sorry, again, for the MIA. I think this week will be a better week, at least I hope it will. I finished my rotation this weekend and didn't have time to pick a new one so I decided to take today as a rest day. Plus, I needed the sleep so what the heck;) I will pick something out later today.

Belinda - I've looked at a few wos in Fitness and Shape but never really get around to doing them (except one day I did do some Shape wos, but it was only one day). I'm anxious to see how you like the one you're doing and if you see good results.

Lori - Nah, I don't think it's so bad that you're happy that she's not quite as fast as you. I"m extremely competitive myself, but I don't think it's negativve - just a good motivator;) I rarely have someone telling me I'm skinny (except DH who knows how to get on my good side), but on the few occasions that I do, I pretend like I didn't hear them just so I can hear it a second time:p

Kristin - How's Nikolas doing with school? Olivia is out today with her first cold. I knew it was a only matter of time:confused:

Ok, off to the shower. Hello to everyone that follows. BBL

Good Morning Ladies

Had a great first day of STS :) Def. some soreness today! And taking a rest week reallllyy helped, I pumped out all of the pushups except the staggered, which I did on my knees....I was absolutely fried by the end.

Today I will run and do abs. Back to work today (even though I've been there the past two days...lol).

Belinda- Nice workout! Which rotation are you doing? Why am I recalling that you're doing an FF rotation, or something she gave you........

Lori- Nice run yesterday! I couldnt' quit sugar cold turkey either.....I tried giving up coffee, which is pretty much the only time I consistently have sugar, and to no avail. I'm sorry about your DD :( I've been that angry too, it's not called being violent, it's called being pushed to the point that you see red! I obviously dont' have children, I can only imagine the stress and frustration of that. :(

Kristin- Yeah...what's up with people? lol. I wont' go on my tangent about it, because I'll be here all day, but I will say this, when I ready your post, I thought you said you were 59, not 5'9.....hehe. I was like damn she looks good for 59! :eek::eek: This is my second time doing STS,the first time I did the 6 month....which ended up being 5 and 1/2monhts, but I can't remember why I didn't finish Meso 3.

Helene- Ughhhhhh.....I miss your trees too...LOL Happy your parents arrived safely!! You must be so happy to see them. :) Dang there was something I wanted to tell you and I can't for the life of me remember. :confused:

Amelia- Hmmm....don't know if I've heard of Ross's......is it like a department store? Nice job on SB yesterday, haven't done that one in awhile.....I think I did it so much when I first got it, that it lost it's appeal to me...lol

Cookie- Wow, you are a busy woman!!! how is your exchange student?? We stayed right outside Minneapolis.....our meals conisted of Subway and TGIF...LOL. But there was this cafe next to subway, and hands down the best latte's and oatmeal I've ever had in my life, no question about it. Caribou Coffee was the name of it.

Hi to Melissa, Trish, and Deb! Have a great day ladies.....

Morning!

Belinda: Love it that your DH is working out with you. Look forward to you posting your wo. Always fun to read. :D

Lori: Running on your mind. Too funny about the other girl. But I agree with Trish, nothing wrong with a little competition. Plus, that is great that you know someone else with the same interests. OMG, you are so right about how we would never tell anybody that they are fat.

Trish: Howdy :) Always nice to see you check in one in a while. So what did you think about the rotation you just finished?

Kristen: Yep, well this lady obviously obsesses about weight a bit. So it's on her mind all the time but the filter to what she says ain't so good. Now I obsess too, but I would never tell someone they are too skinny or don't eat enough. Anyway, how is Nikolas doing? Nicolas is having fun at school. I learned he is the cubi (spelling?) checker, they all have to be in order for everyone to be able to go. So cute.

Hi to everyone that comes later.

Well, I am all caught up from last night. Have a great one everybody. :)

Wow, looks like the thread is alive again :p

Iris: Saw you just posted. :D Well remember what it was you wanted to tell me would you? It could have been something good :eek: We should meet up. Is there a night this week I can come by the gym and say hi and check it out?

OK, time for a shower.

Good Morning

Belinda-Great workout this morning! Im not familiar with Muscle & Fitness, is that a magazine or a rotation from Cathe/FF?:confused: How have you been feeling lately?

Lori-LOL on the marathon time.

Iris-WTG on your STS workout, have a good run + abb workout today.

Trish-Have a good workout later

Kristin- ((hugs)) How frustrating! I don't have anything to add but I do agree about ignoring rude people. Have a great workout today!!! glad to hear the Ben Affleck (sp?) movie was good.

Helene-LOL at buying skinny jeans. No...no skinny jeans for me, think i would have to be skinny first:p

ok, think that catches me up? Hello to everyone that follows!

We did go shopping yesterday but i ended up buying clothes for the kids instead of me, which took forever since my DD is so picky:confused: DS could care less what I buy but he is only 5,lol. We (DH and I) plan on going out in a little while to see what we can find.

Today will be a power walk and thats it. Suppose to be a rest day but my Cassie girl didn't get walked yesterday and im feeling guilty.:p

I am doing a free style weight/6 weeks rotation with Debbie (fitnessfreak) and my DH. DH and I don't work out at the same time. He gets in my way:D:eek::p I am not doing any Cathe's weight DVD's for now! It's almost I am doing M3 all over again, except it's free style! It's a 4 day split rotation 2 cardio day, of course I will do more cardio. 2 days are not enough for me:p
DH and I are planning to go to the gym tonight. I will do a short(?) cardio.

Chest and Triceps 6 reps/3sets plus 1set/ 25 reps

2 minute rest between each exercise.

CHEST:

Incline Barbell Press
- 75#/6 reps - 2 sets
Incline Barbell Press - 80#/6 reps - 1 sets
Incline Barbell Press - 55#/25 reps

Flat Barbell Bench Press - 75#/6 reps - 2 sets
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 80#/6 reps - 1 set
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 55#/25 reps

Incline Barbell Press - 75#/6 reps - 3 sets
Incline Barbell Press - 45#/25 reps

Incline Dumbbel Flyes - 25's/6 reps - 3 sets
Incline Dumbbel Flyes - 15's/25 reps

TRICEPS:
Weighted Bench Dips
- 65#/6 reps - 3 sets, these are tough:confused:
Weighted Bench Dips - BW/25 reps

Close Grip Barbell Bench Press - 65#/6 reps - 3 sets,
Close Grip Barbell Bench Press - 45#/25 reps, those burned!

Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions - 45#/6 reps - 3 sets
Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions - 35#/25 reps

I will be back later~! You all rocking your workouts!

Last edited:
Hey girls,

My director is at the gym, so I'm taking a check-in break:p Just tried to get a look at the workout blender. It's still not up yet. I'm really looking forward to it although I know it will lead to me re-purchasing much of the dvds I already own:confused:. Anyways...

Iris - So you started STS...I just may join you! I was holding off thinking that Cathe will put out an STS rotation which will include STS Total Body, but if I start now, I should be able to wrap STS up around the end of the year which would be nice. Did you do your 1RMs over? I probably should but I don't think I will:eek: Nice job this morning...forgot all about those push ups in M1!

Helene - The rotation was GREAT! All of my "slim" clothes are fitting...all of them! Woohoo! The scale isn't where I want it to be, but my inches are so I'm not worried about it. Are you following a rotation right now? That's what I get for staying away..I can't remember what everyone is up to.

Amelia - No wo for me today. I'll start something new tomorrow, if I can figure what that something is! Maybe I'll keep it light this week and just do cardio, stretching, pilates, etc. Oh, and you should definitely get some skinny jeans! I never thought I would wear them (that's what happens when a 20YO moves into your house), but I live in them now. I bet they would be very motivating for you. Enjoy your power walk with Cassie!

Belinda - Nice wo!! It reminds me of one of the weeks in my last rotation where we did S&H followed by BM wos. It was not easy! Hope you have great results from it.

Enjoy your afternoon ladies. My director just strolled in:rolleyes:

Hi ladies!! Looooooong day at court today. At one point, it looked like one of the court officers was sleeping standing up :eek: I'm trying to do my workouts in the morning because when I get home I am so exhausted from sitting around all day. BLECH! I am so impatient so some of the time is torturous, but I'd still rather be there than the hole ;)

This morning I did STS M1disc4 & 4DS LIS cardio premix. My legs/glutes are BURNING w/ some serious DOMS from STS disc 3 from yesterday!

Kristin, wow I can't believe the ovaries on those women!! I think you look healthy and AWESOME, definitely not too skinny, and even if you did what business is it of hers?! I have a friend who is really tall and thin and people make comments to her ALL the time. She gets so mad, but I agree it is totally rude. Like Lori said, no one would ever say someone is fat to their face. I think the security lady is jealous and miserable and the bus stop woman is an attention w#0re, plain and simple :p

Belinda, aren't FF's rotations awesome?! I did both of her "Get Ready for Summer" rotations and I loved them. They were so much fun and I never got bored, which says a lot cuz I have the attention span of a gnat :eek:

Iris, awesome job on the STS pushups! I tried to get them all out on my toes but that was not happening. I forgot how many pushups Meso 1 has. OI! Glad to hear you had fun at the conference!

Trish, start STS with us!! We will all be stronger & buffer by Christmastime ;)

Does anyone here watch Dexter on Showtime? The season premiere was last night; I am so hooked on that show. I also started watching Boardwalk Empire on HBO which is really good too.

Hi Helene, Cookie, Deb, and anyone I missed. Have a great night!

Hello to everyone!

I got my DH to measure me and im down. So happy I started measuring instead of putting all my hope in that darn, evil scale!!!

9/12/2010-Measurements

arm-10 1/2
thigh-21 3/4
Calve-15 1/2
Waist-35 1/2
Hips-39 1/2
Weight-171

Today
arm-11
thigh-20 1/2
Calve-16
Waist-34 1/2
hips- 38 3/4
Chest-39
Weight: 173.6

Its it crazy how you can go UP in weight but go DOWN in size? I started measuring my chest this month, should have been doing it all along:rolleyes:

We went shopping and i bought a smaller pair of jeans! So exciting:eek:

Anyways...I power walked this morning with my big black bear of a dog. Lord help me if she see's a squirrel or a cat she turns into this stalking predator:confused: she's strong and i can't hardly hold her back!:eek:

Last edited:
Evening!
Belinda, hope you had fun in Nurenburg. Did you really rest?
Amelia, ^5s on the new clothes in a lower size. Bet they feel good and you look fab!
Iris, I remember coffee with that name - sort of hard to forget. Did you get a lot of new ideas?
Helene, how's it going with the parents? Bet Nicholas enjoys being the cubby checker.
Kristin, people are so rude. Perhaps you could bore her by talking about your routines and food plans, you know add in teaspoon and tbsp amts and all.
Melissa, how long are you on jury duty? Ff rotations are great.
Trish, lol at your hearing problem!
Lori, a little sugar is okay - you certainly burn it off.
double wave pyramid this morning and no equip abs. Once again no time for lunch, so turned into a human vacuum cleaner again. I need to reread something motivating like BFFM and then follow it.
Cookie

Just finished 4 DS HIS. I love this series, but I am glad I am at the last week of this rotation. I need shorter workouts during the work week. I am happy I stuck to it and all, but I think next rotation the workouts during the work week have to be under an hour.

Melissa- Your response made me smile. My neighbor is definitely an attention w#0re and the security guard is pretty miserable, out of shape and not too nice to look at, lol. I am sorry, it’s the truth. Sounds like jury duty is boring. Too bad you couldn’t get an interesting case. Good for you for getting it done in the morning, I just cannot do it in the morning.

Trish- We all had colds last week, lol. It goes with the territory I guess. Nikolas is doing much better now that he knows the routine. He is making friends and likes his teacher.

Helene- Nikolas really is liking school. He is used to the routine and has made friends. He has a birthday party this Saturday for one of the boys in his class. I am excited to meet other moms. Is that cheesy?

Amelia- yea on your new measurements! Enjoy your new pair of jeans ;)

Cookie- people are so rude, that’s for sure! Whenever I skip a meal it never ends well. I go for crap afterwards.

Iris- 59 LOL!!! I use pearl cream, made from real pearls. . . remember that ridiculous commercial? Although I met a lady who was 60 at the RT and she looked awesome!!!

BB tomorrow!
Kristin

Good evening,

DH and I went to the gym this evening, I ended up running 3 miles on the TM. Need to burn off some of the bad food I had this weekend:p It was sooo good.

My Amy Bento DVD's came in the mail today, very excited! The look very good, full of engery! Can't wait to try them out tomorrow.

Lori - glad you took a rest day yesterday, your body will thank you for it. Hope you had fun with your workout today.

Kirsten - no! I am not doing any DVD's right now, all free style! Love 4DS HIS! Hope you had fun today! (((HUGS))) I know how frustrating it must be. She is rude, stay away.

Trish - glad you back! Congrats on finishing your rotation. Hope you had a good rest day today. I will post my workouts here too, sofar I love M&F rotation. Pretty sore, lol! I will not re-purchase Cathe's DVD's! Makes no sense to me! I buy a 5 disc DVD player instead, lol! I spent enough money on workout stuff.

Melissa - LOL about the court officer sleeping, how funny! WTG, on D 3 and 4DS LIS this morning.

Iris - I don't miss all those push ups in STS! Glad you enjoying STS all over again. I will definatly do another round in a few month.

Amelia - nice job on that walk today and measurements!

Cookie - LOL, yes I rested! WTG, on DWPplus abs this morning.

Good night, girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.