COMMIT TO GET FIT & LEAN FOR SEP 22, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Happy Hump Day,

I will do cardio today, not sure what yet?

I will be back later to report my workout!

Have a great day and workout, girls!

Workout is done:p Went for a slow, long run with the dogs:eek: They both beat! It was so nice outside, around the 60's, perfect for a run!

Have a great day, everyone! BBL!

hi all! Sorry I have been MIa the last two days. It has been a bit crazy. I did manage to get two workouts in, on Monday I did 4 DS HIS and yesterday I did 4 DS Kickbox.

I am feeling very stressed. My older cousin, who is more like an older sister to me is an alcoholic. She says she is a functioning alcoholic, meaning that she drinks (beer) but she keeps her house clean and runs her business, she can function in the world. Which was true, for the most part up until this year. She has been drinking more and more, and not just beer. She drinks tequila and Long Island iced teas. She blows off her business (pool business) to go to TGIFriday's with her employee and gets drunk. She has these young kids, in their 20s go to her house and parties with them. Everything came to a head this weekend. She got into a huge fight with her daughter, who is 17 (and I am very close with her daughter, she even came to Myrtle Beach with us). The fight got ugly and physical, and her daughter ended up punching my cousin and kicking her. They had to be separated three times by her nephew and her daughter's boyfriend. So, she kicked her daughter out. I took the daughter in for the weekend and well, the daughter told me about the fight and how she can't stand her mom and her mom's drinking and yada yada yada.

I know I have to try tot get through to my cousin that she needs to get help and she needs to stop drinking. I am terrified though. I am the only one that she talks to (and we are very close) that does not drink. I feel that if I confront her she will cut me out of her life and things can get ugly because if I confront her with this she will most likely get nasty. I am being such a coward. Monday night, I went to her house, walked up to the door and went to knock, then I turned around and went back home. My heart was in my throat.

Between juggling my own family, work, and all the stress that comes with it, and now this, I am feeling just very jumpy and I am taking it out on my poor DH. He is working late today and tomorrow. If I confront her it will have to be on Friday or Saturday. I am not bringing my boys to this and I am dreading it.

I guess I just had to let this out. Sorry for such a downer of a story.

I am way behind in personals. I'll try to catch up today.

Hopefully, I will get in a workout, 4 DS LIS. yesterday I was feeling so stressed and tired. I forced myself to do 4 DS KB and I felt so much better afterwards b/c I got some of it out. I actually slept well last night.

Kristin

Good Morning!

I slept in AGAIN!:eek: This time it really wasn't my fault:p DS came out into our room around 2'ish and wanted me to sleep with him so we went into his room...where there was no alarm clock. I relied on my internal alarm clock but that didn't go off either.:confused: Apparently that one only likes to go off on my days off! So its now almost 8 o'clock. I could probably get a 30 mins workout in but I don't know if I will bother.

IGOR made a visit yesterday and the power was out from 2:30 until 7'ish. I was so happy when it came back on b/c DS was gonna have me drove nuts. He was bored out of his mind, and showing all the signs. There are a few trees down in the backyard and a mess of leaves and crap everywhere. Not real crap...crap off of the trees:p

I did manage to do yoga and 4DS chest and back before the power outage and last night I did 5 miles on the TM. I really needed that b/c all I did while the power was out was eat.

Belinda** nice workout!

Kristin** sorry to hear you/them are going through this. She may not come to terms with her problem until she realizes it herself, no matter what you say. How long will the daughter be staying with you? Sounds like she needs a intervention.

I will bbl. I don't think I will have a workout to report though. Probably wouldn't hurt for me to take a rest day. I know I was taking a lot of them a while ago but I can't remember the last one.

Lori:)

Morning

Today im walking the dog then doing a cardio + core workout, i would love to get in a yoga workout in too but will see.

I measured my walk yesterday in the car and it came to be exactly 2 miles! That's pretty cool. So im walking 2miles every time i walk the dog:)

I went over on my calories yesterday:rolleyes: DH decided to cook a pizza late last night while watching the braves game and i was starving. I had a small slice then a little bit of chocolate frozen yogurt. I figure my damage is about 500 cals:eek: oh well, it happens....can't be perfect all the time;)

Belinda-Nice run with your dogs.

Kristin-((((Hugs)))) Im so sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully your cousin has thought things through since the drama happened and will straighten up her act. I feel for the daughter. Im sending you good luck vibes for your talk with her.

Lori-Glad your power came back on and there was little damage. Enjoy your rest day.

Hello to everyone that follows.

Morning everyone!

Quick check in before I head to the hole: did M1Disc2 + 4DS Higher Intensity Step only premix this morning. I have a feeling today is gonna be a long one. I went to bed at 11, woke up at 3 and couldn't go back to sleep for the life of me! I'm prepared to be loading up on lots of coffee, esp since Nancy Drew's manager is "working from home" which means more work for me. YAY!! lol ;)

Have a great day!! BBL w personals :D

Morning,

Belinda: 60 minutes of running for a rest week? I do hope it was slooowww. ;) Is it hard for you to stick to the rest week?

Melissa: Enjoy the day :confused: Great job on working out before you go :)

Amelia: You are dang near perfect all the time :D One slice of pizza doesn't sound like much damage to me. Just don't let it happen again :p I've managed to eat on plan for a whole of two days. Let's see if I can make it day three. Sometimes, I get the momentum going and I'm good for several months. But my parents are coming Friday. I am going to have to brief them on how to make me eat ...... again :confused: I need some of your will power. Mail me some ? :D

Cookie: I think it sounds we can all meet up except for you. If it's OK with you we will do it that way. I really hope we can do it again together later.

Lori: I was thinking about you and Igor. You do get hit with the tail end of these storm frequently. Glad the power is back on. ROFLMAO on your internal alarm only working on your OFF days.

Kristin: I am so sorry to read this story. I am glad that you can let it out a little bit here. We are all here to support you. I can't imagine what it is like for the daughter to see her mom do this. I was just wondering if you have talked to any professional before you confront your cousin? It might be a good idea. I would also look for a support group if you can before the confrontation. It could be very helpful for you as you go through this to have this kind of support. I've never been in this situation, but it seems to me that you would do well to have input. Are there counselors at your school who can give you recommendations. People often thing of the support for the person needing the intervention, but it seems that support for the people doing the intervention is crucial. Sorry if you have already done all of this. But you certainly have all of our support here. It's virtual, but it's good. I hope you can feel it.

Hi to everyone that follows!

M2 legs kicked me in the tush yesterday! :eek: Today will likely be just step moves after work.

Hey Girls,

I managed to get a quick workout in. I thought about it and figured it was best I got moving cause I know that I would have felt lazy all day if I didn't do something! So it was just a 2.5 mile on the TM, just enough to start my day off right.

Melissa** Hope your day isn't to long. I don't have a very good attention span so if I was on jury duty and the case was B-O-R-I-N-G I would be soooo sleeeepy! I wouldn't be able to keep my eyes open, I would be squirming, day dreaming and picking at my nails! LOL That's what I was like in school and when I was forced to go to church.

Ameila** 500 cals isn't to bad, just go for a extra long walk today and swing those arms to get your HR up. I remember doing HSC one time and thinking I burned tons of cals and I don't even think I burned 200! I was so ticked!

Helene** Hope today goes by fast for you! My alarm clock goes off when I don't want it to. I heard music coming from somewhere (cause my clock is set to the radio) but it was DD's music downstairs. I was so ticked when I realized I had slept in over an hour! I wouldn't have ran outside anyway cause its still to windy but atleast the sun is shining.

Cookie** I don't do yoga very often but it is something I can do while DS is sitting and playing with his toys, which is what he did yesterday. My FIL blew in around the same time I was doing it and I think he popped in b/c he wanted his hair cut. Im not sure what I am going to do about this hair cutting racket when I start my PT cause my PT stuff will be done on any down time that I have. I can't be doing it ALL!

I will check back in later!

Workout done. Did a 4mile run interval then Coremax 2, finished with some stretching for about 10mins. My HRM is still acting up...im ready to throw it out the window:rolleyes: My total workout time was 96mins.

Helene-Awesome job with your eating! I too lose my momentum with eating healthy. I have an idea though, this weekend im going to buy a smaller pair of jeans and whenever i feel like eating junk i will try them on.

Melissa-Nice workout,wtg! Have a good day at work, hopefully it goes by quickly for you.

Lori-Nice job on your workout!

Hello to everyone i missed.

Hey Girls,

Just checking in before I go home. I have two flights now of course. I had nothing all day and when its time to go home, I have flights!:confused::mad:

Ameila** Nice workout. I am starting to enjoy CM more.

BBL!

Evening ladies. Checking in from the train. I'm another one MIA. Life is getting the best of me lately and I think it's mostly due to the sleep issue. One night good sleep, followed by two (or more) nights poor sleep. Anyways, I am on track with my workouts (even if i drag myself through them) and hope to wrap up this rotation this week.

Belinda - hope your sinuses have been manageable. Nice run today.

Kristin - big hugs on your situation. I know you don't need this on your plate with two little ones. I hope your cousin will agree to some assistance.

Melissa - all I can say is sorry about the hole. Looking forward to you starting school :)

Amelia - 500 csls is not too bad of a slip. At a bridal shower on Sunday I inhaled cake and canolies. I'm guessing it was in the neighborhood of 2000 cals over my budget!!

Lori - wish I could oversleep...LOL! Glad you didn't have any damage from IGOR.

Helene - great advice for Kristin and nice job on the eating and M2!

Iris, Deb & Cookie - hope you're all doing well.

Last edited:
Evening!
Kristin, sorry you're dealing with all this. Al-Anon is for family and close friends of alcoholics, and I'm sure they would be a good resource for you in whatever you choose to do and for her daughter to check out. Amazing that you can keep up with things during such challenging times.
Belinda, does rest have a different meaning in German? You sure are burning up calories lately? What kind of results are you achieving?
Amelia, was it good pizza? Then it is okay. I was ravenous this afternoon and ate a cookie that didn't even taste good enough to justify its calories. A friend of my dd's made it tho and I felt compelled to eat it, and say how wonderful it was (not). But I'm still willing to try one from his next batch since I'm sure it will improve.
Helene, when my dad comes he dominates everything, and since I've known for a few months he's coming I can't change things around. Sorry to miss the fun.
Melissa, so did you start a countdown calendar? Every Wednesday I have a meeting with a woman who I really do not care for and it gets me so stressed out. Urgghh. Why do we have to put up with such pitas?
Trish, glad everything is okay. I know what you mean about sleep. What I wouldn't give to be able to have a solid week of sleeping just 6 hrs a night. It's not fair how some people aren't bothered by it and then some of us are plagued. Hope tonight you get a good night's rest.
Cookie

Good evening,

I walked the dogs again this evening;)

Kirsten - (((HUGS))) sorry about your situation! There is never an easy answer to this, but someone needs to talk to your cousion. Ignoring the situations isn't right either. You are just trying to help her. Can you and your DH or her mom talk to her? Good luck!

Cookie- ROFLMAO! That's it, rest have a different meaning in Germany! LOL! The weather it's suppose to be nice only until Friday, wanted to enjoy the nice sunshine one more time before winter hits us, lol! I will take same day's off!
Hope you had a great workout today, Cookie!

Lori - nice run for a quick wo today. You will figure it out, with the har cutting plus PT!

Melissa- nice job on yor workouts today. You are doing the STS rotation?
Helene- yes, it's hard to stick to a rest week, lol! WTG, on legs yesterday and SM today.

Amelia - nice run today.

Trish - check in when you can, girl! We understand! Yeah, on finishing up your rotaiton this week! What's next?

Good night, girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.