Commit to get fit & lean for Sep 17, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Today is my last disc (36) for STS:) I did it:eek::p I made it all the way through, well not exactly! I still have to finish up with cardio tomorrow, than I am done with the 3 1/2 month STS/ Shock Cardio rotation! WOW!

Tonight DH and I will go to a barn dance here on base. That's always fun;) Catching up with a lot of old friends we haven't seen in months!

I will have more coffee, than off to disc 36!

I will catch up on personals with yesterdays thread and today's later!

Happy Friday! What are your plans for this weekend? BBL!

Good Morning!

I had a great sleep last night. DS napped on the drive home so you know he wasn't going to sleep is regular time. It was 10'ish by the time I put him to bed and I fell asleep with him. Not only that, my alarm went off at 6:10 and I turned it off and went back to sleep until 6:40!

Going to be a weird day for me at work. Manager is due back and he is bringing the boss with him. He also owns another business about an hour away and he is doing job interviews for that. Hopefully I will know something about a raise later today.

I will come back later and catch up on personals. I slept in therefore am cutting into my workout time!

Lori:)

Ah......there was only a couple of personals to catch up on.

Belinda** Sounds like you will have a great time tonight. I am ready to lay low for a while but then the people who have been laying low, are ready to do something. Like my SIL wants to play cards Sat night:confused: I just want to stay away from food for a while. TTOM bloating is crazy this time around! Im not looking forward to putting on my work pants today.

Cookie** I usually have my pot ready to go for the next morning as well. I usually do it supper time. I also use to have it set to brew at a certain time but then it started acting all funny. Great job on getting your workout and work done! I love feeling like I accomplished alot in the run of a day.

Kristin** Im guessing your life just got a tad bit busier with work thrown in there:confused: I know mine is alot busier then it ever use to be. I can't say I really like it either!

BBL!

Hallo girls,

I just did my last disc for STS 36 (Shoulder/Biceps & Triceps) I am every happy with my results from STS. I gotten very strong over the last 3 1/2 month. DH keeps saying my muscles are getting huge, in a good way;) and at the same time I am getting tiny.I am getting very nice compliments from a lot of people I haven't seen in a few weeks/month. DH was so impressed with how much weight I can lift the other day:p. I finsihed STS, yeah! I did it!:eek: I also did the extended stretch!

Warm up : 1 set 15 reps/ 2nd set 12 reps
Standing BB front presses/47.5#

Workout: 4 sets/8 reps
Standing BB front presses - 60#, 55#,55#, 55#
BB curls - 60#
Flat bench tricep extensions BB - 45#

Seated lateral raises - 18#
Incline curls on the bench - 23#
Seated overhead extensions on arm - 23#

Seated rear delts - 23#,23#, 20#, 20# (my back started to border me?)
Seated Concentraion curls - 28#
Cross body kickbacks - 23#

Lori enjoy your workout today!

Need to get ready. Will walk the dogs (I don't know why I posted this every day, I always walk the dogs!) I will be back later!

Good morning,

Belinda: Woohoo, we can all celebrate and do the happy dance with you for finishing STS. Congrats. That is awesome especially with health issues coming up in the end. Yeeeeha! Have fun at the barn dance. I have to admit I kind of like the Dr who suggests you don't have another surgery. So confusing though. Let's just hope you stay well.

Cookie: Wow, you have your share of health concerns. I am happy to read that you are well. You are amazing with all you work and work out. Have fun at the fair if you go this weekend. Power Yoga is good. LOL at you doing it with DID. That is awesome. So I take it she fits right in. Why on earth do you teach mult in a diff order? I like the KCM I got so far because they really are 30 minutes and I still get my HR up a little. I think they will become my default when I don't have courage for Cathe and am tired or pressed for time. Met the teacher for Nicolas. She was great. Also met the guy in charge of the school (headmaster?). He looked younger than me and I felt really old that night.

Lori: Yeah on going to the race. I so look forward to seeing your time. I forgot where this one was.

Deb: So a couple weeks ago, Belinda mentioned fall being around the corner. Then she mentioned winter being around the corner. And NOW, you bring up Xmas?! Aaargh..... I don't care for winter too much. I do have fun outside and I like the look, but it lasts too long. And with all the snow you had last year.... OK rant over. I hope your displays wows them.

Kristin: So I went to the open house. Sure enough, there was also a nut in my son's class. Young looking mom. Going on and on about how her daughter was the youngest in the class (end of December) and how she is sooooo smart. How she was at this awesome academy school and the mom is worried about the transition to public school. Then she says she is super worried about her daughter being bored. :rolleyes: Teacher (love her) says bored is a word she doesn't use with the children, in the classroom or in her own home. :eek: She said it nice too, I would have been snippy. Then the mom says "and what kind of school is this? There has been no homework yet, at the academy there was homework every day." Need I go on? :p OMG, I can't imagine the parents you must have seen over the years. These kids will be fine. It's 23 5 yr olds together. If nothing else, I bet they will have fun and for sure won't be bored.

Melissa: LOL at you needing to change the wallpaper. Just too funny. I can't imagine sleeping in a twin bed. It's been so many years. Sleep on the floor though .... not so long ago :D I've been busy and in a funk too so didn't feel like being a sour pill here either. But I do come and let steam off though. It's great. LOL at your application name with the state. And tell them to give you some of the money they take from me every year ;)

Iris: Hope you are doing well today after a long day. Are you working tonight too? Man, you must be tired at the end of the week as well! Did DG call to check up on you?

Amelia: I have never done body fusion. My SIL is hooked on it though ever since I lent her my DVD. :p Too funny. So you like vinyasa yoga better. (that's the flowing kind). I like a combination of both.

Trish: You and Iris scare me with your workout reports. It just sounds painful. So where are the DOMS today? That is a wonderful girl's name :) Sounds so pretty.

I haven't been sleeping well either. I wake up by myself before 5. :confused: Usually the alarm clock is punched several time. But not this week. And yet I am really tired. Not sure what is up. Two cups of coffee at home for me too :eek: and usually another one at work :eek::eek: It's right next to my office and I have a serious addiction. Then I switch to decaf. I've been trying to have tea instead of the decaf.

I don't know what else to say. For sure TGIF. My parents arrive in a week. It's a good thing, they help a lot. Cookie would sure like having them around. :D

Oh yeah, and went to the company BBQ yesterday afternoon and didn't eat well.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
:eek: I wrote such a long post that there have been a couple new ones. LOL.

Belinda: That is awesome and amazing. I am so impressed with your results. I am due a full STS 3 1/2 Month rotation. I really do love the STS workouts as well.

Lori: Yikes, that does sound like a weird day. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they give you what you want. That would make me nervous both of them coming in like that.

OK, I have to clean house before the cleaner comes. Anyone else does that? Drives my DH nuts.

Belinda- YAY! CONGRATS! That is an awesome accomplishment. Now party like a rock start tonight, ;).

Lori- I’m glad you got a good sleep. I hope you are happy with the news about your raise (fingers crossed). I think too many companies are using the poor economy to hold back paying their employees what they deserve. My husband’s job blames the economy, yada yada yada, but they can afford annual meetings in Epcot. Yep, Epcot :rolleyes::mad:. I think this adjustment has been hard too. Last night I did 4 DS LIS, at 9:30. It was late to do it, but at least I got it done. I felt better doing it. I thought I would have a hard time falling asleep, but I didn’t. I went to bed at 11:30, which is late for me, but I fell to sleep right away.

Helene- Oh you had one of those parents in the class, lol. Not to sound negative, but the parents who always claim their child is gifted and brag in front of everyone, usually have a child that has very poor social skills, or does not perform well in class :rolleyes:. Then the parent will turn around and say it is the teacher’s fault for not challenging her child enough. Ugh.

On today’s agenda I am doing Butts and Guts, but the standing work and abs only premix. Short and sweet today!

BBL
Kristin

Kristin: Well done on working out at night. Yeah on the parent. I is so obvious this is a young mom who is projecting her desires on her child. Poor kid. But the teacher is awesome so I am totally excited for Nic. He even said before I went: "Mom! you are going to LOVE MRs. X" It was so cute, but he was right. She is cool beans. The only thing I want him to learn this yearn is that learning is fun. If he gets that, he's set and I am happy.

OK, I really got to get a move on. Computer and coffee in the morning is nice but it just doesn't get the stuff done. Wish it did though.

Good Morning, my what a chatty bunch this morning;)

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday, just walked the dog and that was it! Today will be a circuit and a dog walk. Not sure what circuit yet, Cathe's advanced circuits always kick my butt:eek:

bbl with personals:)

Good Morning Ladies!

Omg it's only quarter after 6 and already all these posts? At first I thought I was reading yesterdays thread. :eek:
So as it turns out, all my bloodwork came back good, my doc thinks it's just acid reflux. :confused: So I'm on the prescription Prilosec for awhile.....but I still have my doubts.
My back is feeling a bit better, so I will do Back and Shoulders today, S&H and BM. I need to round out the week...take tomorrow as a rest day, and maybe do full body Sunday or Monday before I leave for MN.

Belinda- Congrats!!!! I'm so happy you were able to finish STS :D Enjoy your Barn Dance tonight, that is something I would so go to. This weekend I'll be working, packing, cleaning, and visiting a good friend. :)

Lori- Omg this raise thing is still going on?? :rolleyes: Sorry to hear that! Such a long process that they seem to put off....... Ok, so you're doing the marathon or you're not doing the marathon?

Cookie- @ Amelia's post....very interesting! :cool: So your exchange student is Irish? I love the accent! Very cool. It seems she's very comfortable with you and your family, which is awesome, and you must love having another girl in the house? No time to cook these days...like..recipe cooking. I cook chicken breasts on the george foreman, throw it in a container , into my cooler, and off to work. I boil eggs to bring to work..... I make omelets out of egg beaters in the morning...that's my cooking. I haven't spent my allowance for the gym yet. I need to be smart about it, so shopping around....lol :rolleyes:

Melissa- Are you kidding me?? This is the first place I come when I'm in a foul mood!!! :eek::eek: If you come up with a rotation, feel free to share it!! ;)

Deb- Wow..where does the year go?? Seems like you were just coming off the holiday season!

Amelia- Hope you had a nice circuit workout yesterday! How's the Braves?? Booooo! I want more body bars, we have no steps! so want those and/or plyo boxes, need more bands/tubing (ours suck...ugh), at least one more stab. ball, some short and long versa loops, I dont' want kettlebells yet, I have no experience with them yet. And our workout mats have seen better days!! Not only that, they're only 4 1/2 feet long....wth. :rolleyes:

Helene- My attempt to cut back coffee has backfired as well....I have a cup at home, and stop at Dunkin's every morning for pumpkin coffee on my way to work. It's my fave time of day.....small coffee and 102.3 driving up Hoosick St. :eek: Most mornings I"m sitting in front of the gym in my car finishing my coffee, finishing listening to whatever they've got going on, and laughing. I must look like a fool...LOL So let me know when you hear from CSF. :) Ohhh! And still want to go HIKING. I will be a pain right in your arse until we decide when we're going. :eek::eek:

OTB tonight....and DG tonight....he said he'd be in....:rolleyes::confused: (lots of rolling eyes today)

Peace.

Good morning girls,

You girls are full of energy today:) Yesterday I ended up taking a rest day so KCM is just collecting dust on my TV. I've been sending pictures to my boss this morning so I'm going to get going to the stores in a few and will by the end of today try a new KCM w/o! I don't like when work comes in the way of my w/o's:)

Yesterday turned out to be a good day, met alot of VPs from Macy's, my boss told me I'm getting a raise & our displays came out really good & Macy's gave us really good space. My boss did end up leaving early, she was running out of steam. I was worn out when I came home from work but at least I leave for vacation on Tuesday:)

Belinda - Awesome job with STS and sounds like you had great results!!!! I'm happy that at least one Dr. is not recommending surgery. How have you been feeling?

Lori - Keeping my fingers crossed for you today hopefully things will come through for you:)

Helene - Last night it felt like winter in my house came close to turning on the heat but seems strange to turn it on in September. That would really make the season drag on longer:rolleyes:

Kristin - Have fun with Butts & Guts need to get that in this weekend:) Do you get to go to the Epcot conferences?

Amelia - Ugh, on the 5 tests. I guess if they give so many they won't be scared of tests:confused:

Iris - Happy to hear it may only be acid reflux but I hear you on your doubts because we do know our bodies best. Is is hard to train clients without the missing equipment you would like?

Cookie - Does DD join you and DIS for yoga? I'm not in the photos (that would be scary) just my displays. Everyday I take photos of my displays and sometimes I laugh when I get people in them, sometimes they want to pose so I tell them to go for it:eek:

Melissa - I saw a show on HGTV where a girl moved back home to her childhood room and it was fun to see how they transformed it. My Mom still has my furniture (white canopy bed) from when I was a kid and when we were visiting w/DS's gf's she had to show them:D

Trish - Looks like your getting in your workouts:)

Have a great day:)

Hey girls,

Today was a dog walk then body fusion with heavier weights and WOW was my arms and legs burning with this one. I know the workout is beginner/intermediate but throw in heavy weights and waalaaa, advanced workout (except all the repetitions in the step choreography:confused:) I then did some core work from C&W.

Im decided whether or not to take my niece tonight, my sister asked last weekend about it and told her maybe tonight. Its just that she is a handful being two and my kids drove me nuts last night:confused: DS decided to write on the wall with a pen!! Then not even an hour later there fighting in the living room over who gets to play hans solo on star wars lego:eek: i was pulling my hair out.

anyways, thats my rant for the day:p

Belinda- Yay on STS!!!

Deb-congrats on your raise! Thats always good to hear! Have a great workout this evening!

Iris-Glad to hear your bloodwork came back fine. Nice workout planned. Wow, lots of new goodies for the gym! Just hearing about all that stuff make me want to go out and buy me a new band:D oh...The Braves...:( there 3 back from the Phillies. There in a slump right now but im sure they will come back with an vengeance, just wait and see:p

Kristin-Short and sweet are my kinds of workouts! Have a good one!

Helene-I really like body fusion except the choreograph in the step combo's aren't very dancy? I like the dancy stuff,lol.

Lori-Hope you have good news today concerning your raise! Have a good workout!

Cookie- Interesting order of mult, so why that specific order? My dd always getting stuck on the 6'es for some reason. I will show her flash cards and she always pauses whenever i get to a 6? Guess i just need to work with her some more. I think It's so cool that you offer your home for an exchange student and even cooler that you guys do Yoga together! Have a good weekend!!!:)

I hope i didn't miss anyone...gotta get some laundry done! Have a great weekend:)

Hey Ladies,

Not sure if anyone else will be around tonight but hopefully someone will read this tomorrow. I didn't get a chance to check in from work....my day just zoomed by. It started with a 9 km run and when I got home DH told me that work called and my manager wanted me there for 9 b/c the boss was coming. I got back from my run at 8:15 and I was at work by 8:45! My hair wasn't dry but I wanted to get there to make sure the place was tidy. Of course when I got there the phone didn't stop ringing, emails needed to be answered, catering needed to be ordered...it was just steady go. Anyway....my day flew by and I ended up finding out that I got a $1.50 raise. To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Its still not as much as my coworker is making. According to her DH she makes atleast another 1.50 more then me but he may have been lying or exaggerating or lying? Who knows? I should be happy. Certainly better then nothing but it isn't enough to make me not look for another job.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get a good workout in b/c I won't be in a hurry to get to work.

I am going to try and read the thread to catch up!

Lori: Congratulations on the raise. Really it's a good thing on many levels. They were willing to give you a raise in the middle of the year. AND your manager obviously went to bat for you. I think that's a good thing too. It's still disappointing for what the other coworker makes, but I think this is still great news in the right direction! :) Just my .02$.

Deb: Congrats to you as well :)

Hard working cathletes getting rewarded for their hard work. Good stuff!

B & G timesaver completed. . .

Lori- Congrats on the raise. Some people are one uppers and lie to make themselves look better, richer, whatever. Maybe he did lie. I tend to believe he did.

Deb- congrats on your raise!!

Okay, bay is still not in bed and freaking the heck out. gotta put him down

Night all!
Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.