Commit to Get Fit & Lean - Saturday

Cookie57

Cathlete
Morning!
Lori, good for you finally telling the boss! Now, if only we can get him to pick up around, it would be good. Hope you get that raise, you certainly deserve it. My dh always tells me "it's on the list," but there isn't a list, so that gets on my nerves. Get your weighted gloves on his list.
Amelia, I'll have to check out the video it sounds adorable. Nice job on the treadmill. I haven't used mine in a while maye I should before the dh puts it on his list of things to get rid of.
Belinda, hope you're having a great time with your ds and bil.
Deb, it's funny but I've been wondering how your sons were doing. This time of year and the Christmas/New Years are so hard with all the milestones being reached and not, plus celebrations. The situation is compounded because many people just don't understand, and I hope they never have to. Going thru it with hell child is/has been the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. He's what my dh and I fight about, when I think we actually just want to fight him. I'm here for you. A good hard wo always helps, doesn't it.
Iris, so how does it feel to be a personal trainer?!! Don't you love saying it? You should. So that was a fast D. Have you looked into doing one of the Sprint Tris? There is one coming up in the Pine Bush in a couple of wks, and it is a minitri. You can even do it in a team w/each member doing one portion. Love how you are always seeking a new challenge.
Helene, good choice on the pool. It was warm. You're right I'm loving my checkmarks! I haven't been baking much since that might weaken my resolve, so my family is sort of missing it. Of course, they could pick something up at a store, but they won't. I'll probably make a coffeecake to appease the masses. You must be sleeping good w/all your workouts.
Trish, I love b&g! Maybe I'll pull that out this week. Don't know what there is about that one, but even Cathe seems to be really enjoying the pain in it. BTW, I think my dh would love a household of girls. Not that he didn't like the boys, but they're so rough, rowdy, noisy, and messy he had a harder time. Our dd is much easier going, plus he just spoils her rotten. I always have to be the voice of "No."
L, welcome! Sorry I started this w/o any coffee, and am the old lady here. I just completely forgot the spelling of your name. Very sorry. This is an awesome group. Tell us a bit about yourself, please.
Okay, grad party, end-of-yr report, groceries, and wo. Yesterday was hiit, so today I think I'll do AS or SM and SH BSC. Have a great day everyone.
Cookie

...But it's SUNDAY! ;)

Good Morning!!!:)

My last day of work this weekend...and you guys have to go back tomorrow! Bahahahaha!:eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D;);););)

Cookie** You need foffee before you start a thread! LOL You wish it were saturday....but tis not my dear! The weekend is coming to an end!!!

Ameila** I watched part of the video yesterday at work...to cute. Then I had to turn it off b/c of work duties! Blah!

Licia** Great that your going to join us! Have you always worked out but just getting to know Cathe? Married?? Kids?? Fill me in....Im the nosey one! haha!

Helene** Sounds like you had a awesome day with the kids! 3 hours in the pool and sun would definitly tucker me out! I love the summer!

Should be pretty quiet at work today and the two books I need to read next are pretty thin...so I should be able to make it through both of them today.

I didn't get to the party for very long last night,DS woke up and was tossing and turning.I felt kinda bad but that's all I could do, not to mention I didn't really know many people there. They were mostly military and their wives.

Anyway....my night's sleep wasn't the best b/c I slept with DS and he was coughing off and on,then my alarm went off but I didn't get up until 7. Then there was no foffee in the house so I had to run out and get some. DS is awake now...enjoying his decaf! I asked for decaf and I hope I got it! Can you imagine him with a med coffee in him???:eek:

BBL to report my workout...Im gonna do a circuit workout.

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies

Today will be a run and abs. I feel so beat this morning. :confused: Yesterday I decided on GS Chest/Tri's, figured I'd switch up the rotation a bit starting with the 2nd week. Ummm...yeah...uhhhh...I hurt so freaking bad today...all the way up into my collarbone and armpit...LOL It's weird, with STS my tricpes took a big time beating, but I've noticed with GS, its my chest that suffers!

So, who cares about DN, but he has my bracelet.....and he knows it....:mad: I left it at DR's last weekend. He text me the other night (he was out with the boys, which is FINE, but dont' call me late to come over!), and couldnt' understand why I wouldnt' go pick him up at 11 p.m. I said I would, but it would be to bring him home, NOT to come over here. I'm not even getting into playing that game. I'm stopping that before it starts. I know he goes out allll the time, which is fine for single bachelors if that's what they choose to do, BUT it doesn't mean I have to adhere to that lifestyle. I miss DG.....:eek::p

Cookie- Okay cool, the 9th it is then! I'll give directions as it gets closer...... ;) It feels weird saying I'm a PT, I think I dont' really feel like one yet! (Probably because I only have DC as a client...lol) I'm looking more for next year I think.....but I think I'm gonna hit it hard on diet and muscular development for this winter....I think that's the path I'm gonna go down. Nice workouts! You have a busy day today....enjoy!! At least no rain today...... How was your date?

Lori- Your DS drinks decaf coffee? Interesting!! I wouldnt' touch the stuff as a kid. You know, there's advantages and disadvantges to having weekends off or weekdays off. :cool: Enjoy your circuit..

Helene- Yeah! Yoga in front of your trees sounds good...:D I also joined the Cohoes Comm. Center, so if you ever want to do a live step class just for something different, let me know! Ohhh I'm so excited to have a whole life full of fitness. :D

Amelia- Yes! I have DOMS! Yeah I'd say you had a lot going on when you started your journey!! I just can't believe your MIL isn't speaking to you........:eek: Oh which just reminded me I'm gonna go check out your facebook!

Deb- ((((Hugs))))) I wish there was something I could do or say..... but I try and tell myself in the hard times, now, that this too shall pass.

Licia- Welcome to the thread!! I hope you check in with us regularly. ;)

Trish- Yay!! glad your schedule is freed up for the summer! Have a great B&G workout!

So my last day of work?? No fireworks, very quiet, no "D"s....I think my own boss even forgot! (Not my manager, our owner). You know what I got when I left?? A long list of "dates of concern" for me to fill in and work!!!! LOL :eek: Ok off to do laundry and run...BBL

Good morning,

Cookie, thanks for starting us off. My sister and BIL left, so DH and I decited to go for a run. I did CCPP on the TM.

I will be back tonight, enjoy your day ladies! It's nice here in Germany, sunny!

Morning, isn't today Sunday?;):p

today I will do a circuit, probably C&W, haven't done that one in a while...

My WI was this morning and im up about a lb. WHAT-EV-ER :rolleyes: im over it...im doing all the right things and im sure i will get another whoosh soon. Just got to stick to it. Its been hard the past couple of days but I did it...one day at a time right?

The kids are suppose to go over to my moms tonight so im looking forward to some quiet time with my hubby! I really need some quiet time!

Cookie-Nice workouts lately! Speaking of treadmills, my moms wants to buy mine and im kinda thinking about it. Yesterday was the first time i used it in over a month:confused: I like step better for cardio, besides if i do sell it(not sure yet) the empty place is perfect for an elliptical:eek:

Belinda-Glad to hear your having pretty weather today! Awesome job on CCPP!!!

Lori-not everyone has to go back to work;)..actually,im at work right now (being a stay at home mom and all:phehehe) I wish i had to go back to work:confused: No foffee?:eek::eek: oh man..i would freak,LOL! I hope your little guy's cough doesn't amount to anything serious... kids coughing is another thing that freaks me out.

Iris-Yeahya on the doms girl..high fives. So, let me get this straight... your forgetting about DN and missing DG? DN does sound like a waste of time...have you talked to DG lately? How is DC coming along with his workouts? (lol, like time through an hour glass, those are the 'D's' in your life...hehehe)

Trish-free until september..glad to hear it. I know how busy you are all the time. Enjoy B&G today.

Helene-What website do i go to that calculates BF? Im interested...i just have to get my DH to measure me again. I know for sure im losing BF because i can see the changes in my legs,stomach,arms.

Im sure i missed some people..i will bbl to catch up!

Hey Girls!

I had a pretty good workout this a.m, despite the lack of time! I did BM1 abs, then BM1 shoul,bics and tris. 3 miles on the TM mixed in with the leg work from ME. I really don't like leg presses....or lunges...ugh!

Iris** DS likes to drink our coffee when we have it, sometimes he don't notice but then there are other times when he will try and chug it and that kid does not need caffine. So to be on the safe side, I picked up a med decaf for him and he thought that was just wonderful! LOL I hope she didn't mix it up though, DH could have his hands full today!;) Have you thought anymore about figure competing? Should be interesting. And you won't want any "D's" around then b/c you will be to crabby from low carbing it!:)

Ameila** Ah....whats a 1lb!? Have a good night with DH! Im sure you will. And you have the hardest job of all by being a SHAM....everyone knows that.

Belinda** Hope you have a good day!

O.k...have to get ready to do some work. My day isn't going to be so quiet after all but I should still be able to get a couple of hours of reading in.Oh and I got 93% on yesterdays exam...2 questions wrong!

Lori:)

Just a quick check in!

Helene - you will find CCPP on cardiocoach.com.

Amelia - my entire family lives in Nuernberg Germany (about 45 min where we live), I am 100% German;) I never took an America citizensship, I am thinking about it now. I am married to my husband (he is American) almost 27 years, he always and my kids are pushing for me to get an American citizensship:eek: I always was afraid to give up my German citizensshp:rolleyes: Oh, by the way! The first time you hear me speak English, you know I am German. Can't loss that German accent;):eek: the first time I met Cathe at the RT '07 , she said I sound like her mom:p:D her mom is German too!

I will be back later for more personals! You all rock your workouts, girls!

Quick check-in. You know how Sundays go......:rolleyes:

Did cardio fusion this morning since yesterday turned into a rest day (did you hear that Iris?, I took a rest day). HRM said 606 but it was probably higher because a bunch of times I looked and it wasn't registering. I think it might be going.

Licia: Welcome. I came out of lurking mode almost a year ago and joined this thread. Best thing ever!

BBL tonight.

drive by check in for me too...Cardio and Weights done except for the abb section. My energy was lacking..i had to really push myself to finish.

Nice workout girls!!!

later gators

Hi girls,

I wish it were Saturday;)

Yesterday a few minutes after posting the power went out for 3 hours:eek: I'm glad it didn't happen before I hit submit. I ended up only doing upper body from MM since the power was out for so long. Today I'm going to do Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown.

Thank you guys for all your kind words & support:)

Belinda - Will it be easier to get an American citizenship since DH is American?

Cookie - I found a few books on Amazon that I will purchase that will help me understand DS's situation. I'm also going to try and go to meetings. Looks like you have another busy day today . . . have fun:)

Lori - Great way of getting the word out to your boss about the raise. How frustrating you didn't get to see the grade. Great job with your workout not a big fan of leg presses either.

Iris - Hopefully the days you work will be get you the best tips. I wonder when members see you training DC if they may ask you to train them.

Amelia - Sunday is a hard day to weigh in . . . I prefer Friday before the weekend. And 1lb. could be a glass of water etc. . .

Helene - Great calorie burn today:) 3 hours in the pool awesome. My SILs bought a bunch of floats for the pool but it seems like the kids are using them before we can get them:p

Trish - Nice break until September:)

Licia - Hi, welcome and join us when you can.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend:)

Good Evening Ladies.

Today was a 3.5 mile run...my longest ever at what I consider a "race" pace...lol However! The Achilles on both sides bothered me after, so it's no heels and flat terrain for awhile, and lots of stretching! It did subside as the day went on, but I'm not taking any chances! Both knees holding up perfectly though. :) I think I'm ready for a shorter outdoor run (ahem...Helene). ;)

Deb- How'd it go with Jillian today? I think if I can make something out of DC it will help my business....lol

Amelia- Nice workout today! (With the exception of Buttercup, lol) You're kids are too damn cute! Great video. DG is in Florida, I broke down and gave him my number again before he left because I wasnt' going to see him because of leaving my job, so he pretty much said to stop the bullsh*t and said I'll be hearing from him. Great. ROFL @ "D"s of our lives...that is so funny! I really lol'd at that.

Helene- Yeehaw, we are on for the 9th @ my parents house. They have a big deck, with a screenhouse. I say we play some cards, we love games at my house! You guys will thoroughly enjoy hanging with my parents! Did you say you took a rest day???? :p

Lori- You are right about training for an actual competition....I looked at the Cathy Savage website where my friend Kristin is also a member, and I'm very impressed. There's a Lifestyle program, for those who aren't into competing. And you're right, my "D" life would be totally out the window if I ever went down that road OR I'd have to really be established in a relationship, which we know THAT will never happen! lol So funny about your DS liking coffee, I can't get over it!

Belinda- I hope I can hear your accent someday! I love a german accent. Helene has a french. Very cool. Great workout today!

Licia- Since your post isn't right here to look at, Im going to try and remember everything I wanted to say. Do you do Cathe weight workouts?? Generally, soreness is associated with the eccentric phase of an exercise, meaning the negative contraction. For example, on a biceps curl, the lowering back down of the barbell or dumbells into the start position would be the eccentric phase. So, having an elongated eccentric phase will aid in that soreness of the muscle. Most of Cathe's weight workouts use a variety of "counts" in the same exercise. However if you are doing exercises with an even tempo, such as up 2 counts, down 2 counts, consider changing the tempo to up 1 count, down 3 counts, just as an example! It's kind of hard to know right now since I dont' know where you are in your weight routines. Some of her workouts really accentuate the eccentric phase. But I will say this, if you're pushing it to the max (meaning right to failure), I would not up the weights *yet*. HTH?? If you have any questions about what I just said, dont' hesitate to ask !

Ok ladies....see you all in the morning!

Thanks Amelia for letting me know that there is a new thread started daily. I bet that makes it really easy to keep up with everyone:D

I have not had time to read about everyones day yet, but will go back and see/learn what I can.

I noticed that I was asked for some information about myself, so here is a brief rundown:
I had been working out on and off for about 4 years, I would lose weight and gain it all back. I had tried several different programs and none of them delivered the type of results I was looking for, (I wanted them instantly). I did one program where I lost the weight, I was actually 15 lbs less than where I am now but I looked 20 lbs heavier than I am...
I used to watch Cathe on fittv and wish that I could keep up with her workouts, so I bought the step/disc step at Walmart, but didn't quite stick with it, becasue of course I wanted more....and didn't know anything about this site.
I ordered P90X, and did that program several times and ate as they suggested, I have done and own a few Beachbody programs, but I got tired of the constant hardsell that I experienced on their message boards. I got tired of the pressure:(
Then someone over on the threads mentioned Cathe, and a lightbulb went off...I googled and here I am.
I now own several of her DVD's and hope to one day convince my husband that if I get STS, I will never HAVE to buy another "program" as I will never get bored.
I am currently doing the December 2007 Body Blast rotation that I found here on the threads...I am starting the second week tomorrow.

I am married have a 13 year old at home, a 25 year old son who is an aircraft mechanic, a wonderful grandaughter named Olivia, a one eyed cat named Henry, and three wolves (hybrids) one is blind but still plays fetch and is the first to alert us to visitors...

I do not struggle when it comes to doing my workouts, I do them as scheduled at between 6:30 a.m -7 a.m. daily. No matter what. My problem is food. I used to log everything that I was going to eat daily and pack up all that food if I were going to be away from home.
This got really hard and I hated having to make two different meals for myself and family.
Now my family eats what I am eating...I no longer log my foods and track every calorie, protein, carbohydrate and gram of fat that enters my body.
The problem for me is treats or desserts....too often.
I am working on it.

Anyway, I hope that wasn't too long, but that is some of my history. I am glad that I found this place:D

I am trying to lose bodyfat, and know that if I leave the desserts out of my mouth except for infequent treats, the process will work for me and I will get to my goal.

Licia

Good evening,

Lori – glad you got more sleep on Saturday, good for you. Sorry, about your DH. You post made me laugh, lol! My DH does stuff like that too, you are not alone! Put on some boxing cloves, box it out with DH. LOL! Nice run on Saturday and your Circuit wo today, girl! I think I pulled a muscle in my glutens or something. It doesn’t border me then I run. Weird! Congrats on the exam, that’s fantastic score! Hope it’s straight by now. Keep my fingers crossed about the raise, yeah! Did you finish the book? Is your son sick?

Cookie – my sister and BIL only stayed one night, the left Sunday around 11 a.m., I think! We stayed at our house; since the weather was so nice we grilled steaks. In Germany you can’t get porter house/T- bone steaks (we get it through the military), they love it when we BBQ. It’s different to them! Good for your husband doing a Cathe DVD, that’s great. Hope you had a wonderful date with DH on Saturday. Nice job, with Hitt on Saturday (which one did you do?) and what did you do today?

Helene – you are doing great on that challenge. Thanks for the new Calendar, I got it. Still haven’t had time to go through it. Glad you like the turbofire workouts, heard good things about those wo. Need to look into them soon. Nice job, with CF. Glad you had a fun at the pool. Thanks for posting the website!
Iris – there are a lot of D’s, LOL! I can hardly keep up with you, lol. Good job, with D 25. Good for you on training for atriathlon, OR, a figure competition. Have you decited on with one you will do? Nice job on that run today? I hope to meet you one day too.

Amelia – LOL, busting your son on Saturday! That’s funny! The Army is using those BF caliper, they are very accurate. Sounds like you got some nice DOMS this weekend, good for you. Great workouts this weekend, girl!

Debbie – (((HUGS))) hang in there! Hope things work out for DS. Hope your workout helped to release some stress. I never wanted to get an American citizenship; I always thought I would give up my German heritage. I still have to take a test; it doesn’t matter if DH is American. From what I heard it’s not that hard, lol! Since I my DH is in the Army for close to 30 years, I know a lot about the American history anyway. I would never give up my German citizenship! LOL! A few years ago, I couldn’t keep my German citizenship, had to give it up. I am considering taking the American citizenship this year, since I can keep my German + American citizenship. The immigration laws are getting tougher.

Hi and welcome, Licia! This is a wonderful group of ladies, you are in the right place! You will reach your goal soon! I love Cathe's BB series, so much fun. How much weight to you use?

Trish – glad you’re having more time this summer! Lots of time to work out, ha, ha! Have fun with B&G! Don't beat yourself up about the fast food, try to eat better the next couple day's;)

Good night, girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.