COMMIT TO GET FIT & LEAN FOR OCT 4, 2011

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

I will do cardio and abs today;)

I will be back and catch up on personals later. Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone!

Ladies,
I'm taking a break before I go crazy. This grant writing is driving me crazy. There are so many details; I have to spend a lot of time talking to outside agencies and universities, and then there is a ton of data and research to go thru, plus the writing, but it is the million interruptions that made me just stop and say I need to check in. Whew, I need to take a breath.
Belinda, so what cardio did you do? How often do you work abs? I was thinking this morning how they are most dreaded workouts. How are your sinuses doing?
Helene, how's your dd today? Has your neck pain receded? Hope so.
Deb, my dd is turning 18 this month. Any gift ideas? I was thinking of getting a piece of jewelry with an infinity symbol, but really don't know. Being around stores all the time I figure you have a lot of ideas. Don't you hate double booking yourself, and then having to give up the one you really want to do?
Amelia, where have you gone? How is your mil doing?
Kristin, I started a series of pd on the new standards and eval. It will be very hard to achieve highly effective. How was your dad's celebration?
Melissa, any big plans for the upcoming long weekend?
Trish, are you anywhere near the demonstrators?
Iris, miss you.
Did PS back and bis, and JM's kbt level 3. Have a family wedding on the 15th, so trying to behave myself.
Okay, back to paperwork.
Cookie

Hi everyone,

Belinda: How are your sinuses? Any news as to when they want to do the surgery? How about your DH and his back? Is that all better now? I hope you got a nice cardio and abs in.

Cookie: You must be really swamped to take a breather to talk to us. :confused: I have to write a lot of reports at times and I don't relish that part either. I'd rather be doing something else. It sounds like it's the same no matter what the report is for. :rolleyes: I still haven't written up the review for Katami I know. So here goes. I liked it. It was easier than I thought. This is good actually because this is the kind of workout that would be very easy to make harder by increasing the weight or adding a riser. I used 5lbs because of my neck/shoulder (getting better everyday, about 70% now?). I think one girl uses 5 also in the DVD and the others use 10lbs. They also have someone with a hand weight of 8lbs. I'll likely try 8lbs next time or I'm thinking 5 lbs but with a 10lb vest. It is very well cued and I like the fact that you can dial up how hard it is. I'll probably pull it out once in a while. For reference, I am just lukewarm about the JM KBT but I only tried level 1. I'll write again about the Katami workout when I actually do it again but it's a nice change and I give it a thumbs up. It's about 70 minutes so on the longer side. I just hope I use it again after I get my hands on Cathe's new stuff. Can't be long now. Happy Bday to your DD. Is a trip to Ireland too much? :eek:

Deb: Oh, that's too bad on giving up the bike. People have been telling me it gets more crowded in winter because of people moving in with their training. Last Sunday, I went and there were 9 people on the waiting list. I wasn't signed up at all. Lady told me to stay, turned out there were more than 10 bikes empty. And it was live strong day. She looked mildly annoyed by all the people who sign up and don't come..... hope your MIL is doing better. :confused:

This thread sure has been quiet lately. Don't know how many more times we can say that....

DD is feeling better today but I kept her with me regardless because she got sick soooooo many times yesterday. She's fine but she didn't eat much. I'm letting her decide what she needs on that side.

With DD being sick, I didn't work out yesterday and am not sure if I'll get anything in today. But it's OK, I've been getting in some great workouts lately so this won't hurt me and it's likely to confuse the heck out of my body :p

Have a great rest of the day everyone. :)

Hey all! No workout for me yesterday :( too. Tired. I am tired today but I will try a workout. Sometimes once I get through the warm up I am good to go. I am thinking a 4 DS workout, maybe HIS. Be back later!

Kristin

Back to report that I did 4DS LIS. I really did not want to work out tonight, but once I put that dvd and got through the first segment, I was on FIRE, lol.

Today my classes were visited by a police officer to discuss Internet safety and cyber bullying. I was emotionally drained by the end of the day. So sad what some kids go through, and how some think suicide is the answer. P.S. I am terrified to ever let my kids go on the Internet, lol.

Helene- 2 rest days in a row may just shock your body, I agree :p. Hope DD is feeling better.

Cookie- I keep hearing that it will be very hard to achieve highly effective. My district still has not given us ANYTHING on how we are being evaluated. . . I think that is ridiculous.

Belinda- what did you do for your workout today?

Melissa- how's DA? How is school?

I am getting so excited and a bit impatient for the new workouts to arrive!!!!

Kristin

Hi,

I took the class that is like high reps at the gym. Tonight I did leg drills from Kickmax. Still waiting for my work schedule this month, think they are holding off because they want us to do most of the work at the end of the month. I need to get some work done because we decided to go to Florida in the middle of the month.

Belinda - I hope you had fun with your cardio today.

Cookie - Ugh, on the paperwork. JM KBT level 3 must be hard:) I really like the idea of an inspiration piece of jewelry for your DD. I would try & stick with silver instead of gold because the prices are so high for gold. I do see more & more people wearing silver now anyway. I know that ds's ex's liked jewelry from Tiffany's ($100-200 range) or small shoulder designer bags ($100-$150 range).

Helene - That would never happen at our gym, well maybe if it were a snow storm;) It's good that DD is feeling better. My nephews school has Thurs & Fri off for the holiday.

Kristin - Kudos on finding the energy to workout:)

Hi Melissa, Amelia, Trish, Iris & Lori

Goodnight:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.