COMMIT TO GET FIT & LEAN FOR OCT 11, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I will do chest & triceps today!

Lori - how was your Thanksgiving?

Have a great workout and Monday, everyone!

Good morning,

I am done with Chest and Tricep workout! I can't feel my chest or triceps:confused:

CHEST:

Warm up:
Incline Barbell Press - 55#/12 reps /2 sets

Incline Barbell Press - 80#/6 reps - 4 sets, up 5#
Incline Barbell Press - 55#/25 reps

Flat Barbell Bench Press - 80#/6 reps - 3 sets, up 5#
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 55#/25 reps

Incline Dumbbel Flyes - 28's/6 reps - 3 sets, up 3 #
Incline Dumbbel Flyes - 17's/25 reps

TRICEPS:
Weighted Bench Dips - 65#/6 reps - 3 sets, same weight as last week:(
Weighted Bench Dips - BW/25 reps

Close Grip Barbell Bench Press - 70#/6 reps - 3 sets, up 5#
Close Grip Barbell Bench Press - 42#/25 reps, got a nice burn!

Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions - 50#/6 reps - 3 sets, up 5#
Lying Tricep Barbell Extensions - 35#/25 reps

Have a great workout and Monday, girls! BBL!

Good Morning!:)

I am up and there is no one else awake:eek::) Its seems like its been forever since I got to do my "cathe/coffee" ritual in the morning without a little person asking me to get something for them. I'm not sure how long this will last but I will enjoy it:)

I was so mad at work yesterday....I am not sure where these f'in dummies come from. There is no other word for them. I had to leave early b/c one of them (as nice as he is) isn't very bright. Some days he is smarter then others and yesterday wasn't one of his good days. If he had to tell me one more time to "not say anything about that" I was gonna lose it. I said "I heard you the last 100 x's!" Anyway,prior to that we had a private plane coming. The not so smart guy had to go fill up one of the fuel trucks and left me with the mechanic....who "apparently" is suppose to know how to fuel planes. So we are just sitting there and waiting for my private, that is only mins away and a plane starts taxiing up but goes to one of the competitors.When the mechanic sees this he decides that he doesn't know how to fuel planes and leaves me to go get the refueler! I told him I would call the refueler and get him to come back and he said "no I will go get him and he can come back in the truck" I then told him to hurry up. He wasn't gone 4 mins and here comes my plane...and I am there alone:mad::mad: So I had to do something yesterday that I had never done before and that was marshall a aircraft in. You have all seen those guys with the red wands telling a plane where to park? Well, that was me yesterday. I didn't have f'ing clue what I was doing but I had to do something b/c if I didn't go out there then one of the competitors would have waved it in to their building. Im glad I did what I did...but I tell ya I was ready to chew someones head off! So the mechanic is a real meat head...tough guy...knows everything...likes no one and I start telling him off yesterday and I told him that if he ever does that to me again I was gonna put him in a headlock, he told me that I would get a good fright if I did that....and I said " No....you will be the one getting the fright, you don't know what your dealing with here". Idiot! He as been going to the gym for 2 days and he walks around like hes full of muscle when hes one big glob of goo! I hate people who think they know everything!

Anyway.......

Im not sure what my workout is gonna be but I hear little feet. I planned on doing a longer run but DH is going to work to do inventory and I have to do my last of my 5 day work schedule! It wasn't to bad actually!

Belinda** nice workout. Awesome news on the dress! I haven't bought a piece of clothing in a while...or atleast that's what it feels like. I have another jewelry party to go to Wed night:confused: I was hoping it wasn't going to be until after I got home from my race but I guess I have to spend money before I go. Thanksgiving was good...and I ate to much!:eek:

Helene** How was the park yesterday? There is never a good time for our "friend" to appear! Ugh!

Kristin** Are you sore from B&G's yesterday??

I will bbl!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies

Omg I've been so sick. :( I've been in bed pretty much all weekend. Had the darndest time trying to get my fever to break....finally did yesterday afternoon. Still have sore throat, and not coughing up anything yet....I wish it would start so I could move on from this. I will see my 2 normal clients today, but everything else I cancelled. Going to come home early and do my laundry that I haven't been able to lift.... *sigh* So needless to say, no working out, and not today either. Hopefully tomorrow I can back to STS D7. Probably wont' do a lot of cardio this week.

I took advil pm @ 6 last night.....was sitting in the recliner, and almost couldnt' finish the lifetime movie I was watching that ended at 7...lol So I went to bed , and needless to say, slept (on and off ) til 6 this morning. I'm done with being in bed. I'm guessing I had the flu??? I had nausea, but no sickness.

Belinda- Wow...nice workout!! Congrats on dropping the dress size. ;)

Lori- LOL @ leaving you hanging. I was going to go down to my parents, but instead crawled in bed. :( Would have loved to have seen you waving in a plane!! :eek::eek:

Helene- Uh yeah it got worse....lol. How was Great Escape??? I'm glad you are feeling better! Wow, this flu thing is definitely going around.

Amelia- Hmm...I honestly dont' know how the game went last night. So I wont' say anything...............yet. Do I need to have the same conversation with you that I had with DG??? "No Amelia, it's NOT that I don't like baseball............etc, etc" LOL :p

Melissa- Have you bartended before?? Let me tell you, I took a Bartending course when I moved back to NY from SC because I knew I was coming from a mini-bottle state, to a free pour state, so I took the class, plus they advertised job placement. (which for some ended up being phooey, but i got real lucky at the time) . I learned how to make martini's, manhattans, rob roy's, etc etc. Which I really ended up needing at the teletheater...so for me, yes, it was worth it! If I knew I was going to stick with bartending at bowling alley's I probably wouldnt' have taken it...see what i"m saying?? And it's tough out there right now...how many days were you planning on working?? Figure right now, as a new bartender, at least 2 nights a week if you wanna make 2 . HTH???

Deb- I already went parasailing :confused: Well now i"m glad it's checked off my list. How tragic!!! :( How are your legs from GS?? Still sore?

Hi to Trish, Cookie, and Kristin.... BBL for more personals I hope!!

Hey Girls...

Its so nice and quiet here today. I don't mind working holidays cause there is no one under my feet!

My workout was 6.5 k outside and then MMA boxing. I used my ankle weights for the UB combos and just strapped them around my hands. I am sure I will be feeling it tomorrow. I usually feel it when I don't use weights!:eek: Today was my last chance for a long run so its mostly likely not to happen. I wanted to see how my knees felt going slower in new snreaks but they feel fine going fast in new sneaks!:) Im sure I will be o.k.

Iris** I didn't know you weren't feeling well!:( And you didn't even have anyone there to take care of you. Should have called a DG, DY, DW,DL...you get the picture:p:p Hope you got rid of it though.

I will probably bbl! Im gonna finish up some work and then do some studying!

Lori:)

Good afternoon,

DH wanted to go to the gym, I ended up doing CCV1. Had a great workout. I also took the dogs for a walk. That's it for me today.

Lori - glad you had a good Thanksgiving! Nicely done with your workouts today. Aww...hate people like this too! Unfortunatly there are lot of stupid people out there:confused:

Iris - I am glad you feeling better, glad you are taking it easy! Don't worry about your cardio, do when you feel better.

Hallo to everyone that follows. BBL!

Afternoon ladies,

Today is much slower at work which is great! I have to write up my last staff eval which I've been dreading because anything this person does wrong they attribute to the medication they are on. But I will get it done today, come hell or high water! Yesterday's wo was iClimb 19 (40 mins, 455 cals). Today I did D7, Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. My left shoulder is actually giving me a little problem so I hope I didn't over do it:( I'm back on the crappy sleep cycle. Up at 1:00ish and back to sleep at 3:00ish. Hope tonight will be better.

Belinda - Nice wo today!! ^5 on dropping a dress size!! Woohoo!

Lori - I would loved to have seen you flagging in that plane!! LOL! Too funny, but I know it must have been a real piss off, too:mad:. Nice job on MMA. I'm thinking about buying weighted gloves for M2 & M3. I used ankle weights the first time and that worked pretty well, but I kinda want a pair. Hopefully, I can find a good sale. Cathe's gloves have mixed reviews so I don't think I'm going that route:confused: The chili turned out great. I have enough in the freezer to last through October:cool:

Iris - Sorry you've been so miserable:eek: I know just how you feel. It took me almost a week to get back into cardio with all the congestion. I'm popping vitamin c pretty regularly now;)

Kristin - Nice job on B&G yesterday. It's been a while since I've done that one. I know the next time will be killer! I'm eager to see if the new LB Blast will be as tough or even tougher! Did you make it out with DH last night? DH and I are in need of a little alone time:rolleyes: I guess we'll get it scheduled at some point.

Amelia - I haven't been to the blog for a while. Will definitely check it out today! Count me in on the hermit club. I'd much rather stay in the house and have peace and quiet!

Helene - How was Great Escapes? Yesterday was a great day to be outside. My two little ones set up a lemonade stand with my DSD supervising. They made $37! I was so shocked. But they had a prime location. Our house is behind a apple/pumpkin farm and there were so many people around for pumpking picking. I told them they couldn't have picked a better day! Enjoy Cathe's rotation. Can you believe I've never done one of her rotations?? That's just sad!

Deb - LOL about your train dream! That is funny! My 20YO DSD keeps talking about marrying her BF:rolleyes: It makes me nuts. How about graduating college first??? Anyway, I hope things work out for the couple.

Melissa - Was today your first day back at work? I hope it went well.

Cookie - Your co-worker sounds like the pits. I hope you do tell her off one of these days. Where are you in your STS rotation?

I hope that catches me up! Some good news..I may be changing my schedule from 9:30-5:30 to 8:30-4:30 (or 8:00-4:00). DSD is going to be dropping the girls off at school this week. And, depending on how she does, I will change my schedule at work. That means I will no longer be dropping off or picking up!! It is a little sad, but I will get home earlier which means I can have more meaningful time with them other than just trying to get food on the table. We'll see how she does;) Only stinky part...my wos will likely start at 4:15/4:30.

BBL.

Hey all! Just finished LIC cardio timesaver premix, plus the abs section, even though I have major butt DOMs from B & G. Great workout! I forgot how much I love this dvd. Enjoying the day off, back to work tomorrow. Dinner last night was great. I ate clean all day and then, chocolate lava cake, how can I resist? It is the best freakin’ dessert ever and I enjoyed every bite, lol.

Belinda- awesome workout.

Lori- that scenario at your job sounds stressful. Geez. Yea, my butt is sore today, lol. Good run today!

Iris- hope you are feeling better. I am definitely coming down with a cold, but I am fighting it right now, lol.

Trish- Dh and I had a good time last night. Today has been a bit hectic too, so I am grateful that we got to go out. I am very curious about the new LBB workout. We shall see! ;)

Helene- how was Great Escape? Is that the one by Lake George?

BBL,

Kristin

Just getting ready to head home. I feel nappish...maybe I should just stay here and have a nap:D I have no idea what's for supper but there is some frozen spagetti sauce in the freezer so it will most likely be that.

Belinda** Nice workout. I haven't done a CC in a while.

Trish** I can't imagine getting up that early to workout!:eek: That's what ya call dedication and then people use the lame excuse of " I don't have time" When you don't have the time, you make the time! Life is a rat race isn't it? I do the same thing when I work all day, rush home make dinner , then rush to clean up dinner!:confused:

Kristin** Yummy dessert! My sister is already in Toronto and she was talking about having a funnel cake for me yesterday:rolleyes: Whatever it was it sounded good and Im glad that she ate it for me! LOL

So yesterday I sent out a FB message to all of the girls that are in my baby group...that never gets together anymore. I wanted to bring up the kids christmas brunch tradition b/c I didn't know if anyone wanted to do it this year. Almost everyone chimed in and said they wanted to do it. But then one of the other women started throwing out all kinds of idea. The last 2 years we have had brunch, everyone makes something, the kids exchange gifts and santa comes.
Her first idea was that we have it on a Sunday morning ( I believe she was hungover last yr) and we have muffins and coffee....Who wants THAT? We can have muffins and coffee any day of the week.
Then in her 2nd email, her 2nd idea was that we get together somewhere between christmas and NY and we donate something:confused: Who donates stuff after christmas? And who asked her? She is trying to change everything and this is where planning stuff with other people gets irritating and not worth the effort. She is a werid cat anyway. I seen her the other day and she barely said hello to me. I don't even want to give in to her b/c I think she is trying to take over. My response said something along the lines of "I personally like brunch, but we can do whatever. We have lots of time to decide where and what to have but if we are going to donate then I think it needs to be done early Dec". Anyway..the whole situation is irritating me and I had a mind to just forget about it all.

Anyway...Im gonna get my butt home! :)

Lori

Hola all!

Unfortunately I don't have off for Columbus Day so I'm at the hole. Fortunately there is a direct mktg conference in San Diego today & tomorrow so most of the office is out...SCORE!! This morning I did CTX Power Circuit cardio only and STS M1D7. My shoulders are soooo sore. I am so bloated from horrible eating this past week and my "friend" will be here Wednesday:mad:. I have to keep on track with the clean eating plan! I've been doing well...for the past 7 hrs ;)

Belinda, W2G on losing a dress size!! That is so awesome! Did you post before/after pics on the WO manager? I'd love to see some.

Lori, I hear you on the stupid people!! WTH is wrong with them?! Doesn't it seem like there are more and more of them out there?? I don't get it. Ok question: I tried using my ankle weights for MMA Boxing but I wrapped them around my wrists and all the sliding around chaffed them up. How do you wrap them so they don't hurt?

Trish, no my 1st day back was Friday. It sucked lol. My teammate texted me at 8:59 saying people were circling my desk asking where I was and if I was coming back. I was heated because I called my boss Thursday night to tell her I was let go from jury duty. I guess I have to be more specific next time :confused:. Then I find out that the head boss had her niece (who is NOT an employee) come in Friday to go in my folder at work and update stuff!! She said it hadn't been updated in 2 years because no one told me to do it; do you think anyone would verify with ME if it was updated? Nope. Cuz if they had, they'd learn I just updated it over the summer and it only needs 2 be done every 6 months. My manager didn't even tell me this chick was in my directory, I found out because she F-ed it up and they needed my help!!!!!!!! I didn't even tell her I did the work already; they think they are so slick, let them handle it and let her mess it up. I don't even care anymore.

Iris, nope I've never done BT before but I thought it would be fun and a good way for me to make some $$. We have a bunch of sports bars near us so I was gonna apply. I want to work Thurs, Fri, & Sat nights if I can, maybe more. It also depends on my class schedule. I think i will take the class because I don't know the 1st thing about martini's!

Kristin, I love choc lava cake too! Can never pass that up!

Hi to Cookie, Amelia, Deb, and anyone I missed. Have a great day!! :D

Last edited:
Hi girls,

We were able to get DS a bed today but it was pretty stressful and took all day. Health insurance is becoming a nightmare it was actually sad how health insurancers are denying so many people either care or medicine they need. We will need to pay a big part of the care that up until a few years ago used to be covered by insurance:confused: All I know it's one more reason to exercise & live a healthy lifestyle:)

I did manage to get Gym style back, shoulders & bi's in before we left this morning. I'm glad I dusted off the Gym styles forgot how much I like them:)

Belinda - Great job with the weights today:)

Lori - So were you shaking and sweating, seriously I would have run the other way:) Happy Thanksgiving! You could suggest to your friend that maybe you could have 2 parties the brunch & whatever she wants;)

Iris - Sorry your not feeling well and a fever too:( Do you think it's the flu? Sending healing vibes your way. How about a Dr to take care of you;)

Trish - Maybe the new workout time would workout better for you. Sorry to hear about your sleeping. I used to sleep on the bus going & coming when I commuted to NYC :confused:

Kristin - It seems like most of NY closes for Columbus Day . . . it's hit or miss here in Jersey. Sounds like you enjoyed the day.

Melissa - I wouldn't like it if someone touched my stuff at work either:( Well at least you have some peace the next couple of days.

Amelia - I'm guessing your watching Atlanta crossing my fingers for you until it gets closer and the Yankees are in it:)

Helene - Did Great Escape's have a Halloween theme? Beautiful weather for this time of year.

Cookie - How was your weekend?

Good night everyone:)

Good evening,

Debbie - I hear you on the health insureances. Its really bad here in Germany too. Great job, on your back & shoulder workout today.

Lori - nice workout today. There are a lot of stupid people out there, can you all vote on what you all wanna do at kids christmas brunch tradition ? Seriously what's wrong with people these days? :(

Trish - great job, with iClimb 19 & D7. My sleeping is rappy too. Not sure, why? Yeah, on the schedule! That's great! You need to get used to getting up so early. You can do this!
Kirstin - nice job, on the DOMS and LIC premix. LOL, about the cake!

Helene - how was the Great Escapes?

Iris - hope you feel better soon.

Good night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.