Commit to get fit and lean for March 5, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

My husband's best friend passed away yesterday. DH took it every hard! He had cancer! I hate the word cancer, it takes so many lives:(

I wil do some yoga today and walk the dogs. I do enjoy my recovery week.

Sorry, I haven't had time for personals!

Have a great and healthy day!

Good Morning Girls!:)

Its suppose to be a nasty one here but all I hear is the wind howling. Schools are closed as well....I'm sure DD will sleep her day away. We did get some snow over night but not what we were calling for. I hope we don't get the rest of it b/c it was suppose to be ALOT....I don't know if we would ever see the grass again!:confused:

I am not sure what today's workout is gonna be. I'm thinking a tough ab workout but I'm not sure how long my run will be. Unless I run for 2 miles, get off, do a HIIT and then get back on for another 2 miles. I haven't been doing the HIIT's lately b/c my right knee was bothering me and I knew it was all the high impact.

Belinda** So sorry to hear you guys are going through this. Cancer is a ugly word, your right about that. There are so many people who lose their lives to it but they usually put up a good fight to stay alive for as long as they can.

Iris** Wow a freshly painted kitchen...:) What a guy! I wonder if he would like it so much if it wasn't his job:eek: DH can't paint at all...he can't do much when it comes to house stuff actually. My FIL usually putters around and does what needs to be done around here.

Deb** No...the jeans weren't $200 each! LOL I would have only bought one leg if that were the case;) One was $98 and the other on sale or $69. Im not sure about the $69 pair though, those are the ones that are a little tight in the thighs. I tried them on for DD and I asked her if they made my thighs look big and she said No....but she didn't like the bottoms of them. I may take them back and get another pair of Guess jeans. It won't be so bad if I have to chuck out another $30 now but if I did yesterday it would have seemed like a lot more:rolleyes: Funny how the brain works! I didn't get a good chance to size them up b/c I had DS with me and he was crawling out from in under the doors with his balloons and then one side of the mirror was really weird! Made me look like I was 4 feet wide...but the other side was fine and thats where DS was staning (when he was standing!) I told the lady " if I run out with these jeans on, Ill be back b/c my purse and everything is in the room" I thought DS was gonna take off on me. So I may go back today...by myself!

O.k...Must get this workout started!

Lori:)

Morning,

Belinda: I am so sorry to hear about DH's best friend. ((HUGS)). You are right, it is a horrible disease. I hope that you and DH can spend some good time together this weekend. I am glad to see you enjoying your rest week too.

Lori: LOL at you doing a tough ab workout by choice after Deb and I posted about skipping ours. Sorry the weather is nasty. LOL at trying on clothes with DS. I applaud you for even trying! At least you had DD to give you a quick oppinion!

Iris: Seriously. DJ sounds really sweet. He can't see DG with you that would ruin any chance. And let's just say that DJ sounds a little bit nicer....... not that DG has not been tons of fun to read about :p. OK, I'll look for the lady Gaga in red. Not sure what I'll be wearing either but it will probably be black too (If I spill my drink it won't show). I have very curly black hair.

Starting off slow, then I have to clean the house before the cleaning lady comes. Drives DH nuts! Anybody else does that? :eek: But seriously, I keep telling him the house needs to be in good shape so she can do her work!
Ok, off to clean and work. I will probably make it a rest day today. I'll take my bag to go to the gym just in case though.

Good Morning Ladies!

I have no idea what I'm going to do today....I was really thinking about Imax, but tomorrow starts Meso 2 and the day after calls for Hiit. I'm not thrilled with wearing myself out before I get this Meso off the ground...lol But I want to burn some calories NOW so I dont' feel so guilty all day about the two martini's I know I will drink tonight. :eek:

Belinda- Omg I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's friend. :( Yes, cancer is such an ugly ugly disease. Is he from there or is he here in the states?? Glad you are taking some time this week to rest....you've been through a lot ((hugs))

Lori- LOL @ liking it if it wasn't his job. The thing is, though, it didn't really HAVE to be done. He offered!! :) After thinking about it, though, I don't think it's something I want to get used to.......................... I think that's awesome that you and your DD have fashion and clothes in common. ;) So your FIL's skills weren't passed on to your DH, eh?

Helene- I'm so looking forward to tonight!! :D Yeah I wouldnt' label DJ as this sensitive sweet guy...LOL He's hyper, revved up, opinionated, loudish kind of guy...lol It's kind of been feeding off on me, which is probably why I've been doing massive cardio for 3 days! hehe See you tonight!

Ok I'm off to do something. BBL

Mornin!
Well, guess who overslept again!!! and didn't get a wo in. The meds I'm taking must be causing this, but it's driving me crazy. Heck, I complain when I can't sleep, and now I'm complaining that I do! Sorry.
Belinda, I'm so sorry about your dh's friend. It is so hard. A colleague of mine her son, dil and grandchildren died in a plane crash and the services are today and Monday. Maybe that's why I'm also so tired. Give that dh extra hugs.
Lori, how could you ever look fat?! Come on. Those days of trying to shop with children is probably what made my hair curly. My bedroom when I was a kid was purple, but not green.
Iris, DJ is sounding better and better to me! This guy is good. Can he come over 'cause I need a hood?
Helene, I have blondish (dyed) hair and can't wait.
Deb, that will be the only award I've ever won. That is, if we don't count the Hershey bar I got at a birthday party in grade school, given since I was the only one who didn't win a game. Hey, this means now we have to go on the road to visit Trish, Amelia, Lori, and Belinda. When are you ready?
Amelia, did you keep your hrm on while moving? Bet you blasted a lot of calories.
Okay, I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Cookie

Good morning girls,

I'm going to Zumba class today haven't been there in weeks:eek: Also going to work today.

Belinda - So sorry to hear about DH's friend it is so hard to understand. Let him know we are thinking about him.

Lori - I'm still on the quest to find a pair of jeans I love . . . if I didn't have a booty it would be so much easier. I swear when I do find the pair I don't care how much $$ I will buy 2. Sorry about the snow just don't let it come my way:eek:

Cookie, Iris & Helene - We want to hear all about it tomorrow:) have fun wish I could blink and be there. So will Saturday be your rest day:)

Cookie - Too funny about the chocolate bar:D I won a bag of chips by finding a needle in a haystack at a country fair when I was younger:)

Hi Amelia & Trish

BBL, have a great day:)

Morning

I felt awful yesterday :( stomach cramps,very sleepy and nauseated all day. Today ive got really bad diarrhea but at least my stomach isn't hurting all the time,ugh...stinking stomach bugs:mad: I don't even want coffee in the mornings,haven't had any since tuesday:confused:

Belinda-((hugs)) to you and your DH, im so sorry to hear about your DH's friend:(.

Cookie-Have a good day at work! Im sure you body is thanking you for that sleep in this morning. LOL, i didn't even think about wearing my hrm during the move..i bet i did burn alot of cals...my legs were throbbing by sunday night:confused:

Lori-Have a good workout today...i hope you guys don't get too much snow.

Iris-Seems like your rest week flew by. What workout did you decide on?

Debbie-enjoy zumba class today...

Helene-Enjoy your rest day today!

Hello to Trish and anyone i may have missed:)

Well,ive got to get some cleaning done...don't wanna,but i will. I took my little chihuahua to get neutered yesterday. I picked him up this morning and he was all loopy from the drugs...it was funny. I told my DH last night that Rocky(chihuahua) was the real baby of the house...we all missed him so much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.