Commit to get fit and lean for March 11, 2010

Morning

Today is a circuit, suppose to be a circuit premix off of the kpc/lg dvd but i don't have that one. Not sure what i will do yet....

Debbie-Nice job on your spin class yesterday! I bet your so excited about your upcoming trip to florida...65 degree's isn't too bad.

Cookie-Computers are so frustrating, sorry your utube video's didn't work.

Lori-sorry you had a bad day at work yesterday, hopefully a nice workout will help. I was in a sour mood yesterday too...not sure why

Trish-what rotation are you doing with FF's? I started one with her and love it...yeah,she really knows how to kill ya:confused: nice job on your leg workout yesterday!

Helene-how is your ds this morning? poor thing:(.

Belinda-enjoy your cardio today!

bbl

Good Morning Ladies

I'm not sure if I will take today as a rest day or not. I worked a double yesterday, and normally it's the next morning I will take a rest day, but I'm on standby for a double today too! So I might get some cardio in.....either Double Wave or Step Moves, or Athletic.

Belinda- I haven't asked in awhile, but what's or dinner??;) Have a great workout today! I wouldn't call myself busy....I think occupied is a better word...lol

Amelia- I feel the same way about the 4DS premix...not a big cal burn!! What's up with that?? And I definitely recommend the KPC/L&G dvd whenever you decide to go on a Cathe Spree......lots of premixes! It's funny I dont' remember Steak and Shake, I lived in SC for 8 years. I'll tell you what, I miss Waffle House! (And Chick Fil-A, and Wild Wings).........

Lori- Hope your night went smoothly and you're not too tired! lol @ DS wanting you to carry him.

Deb- What is a pirates booty?? Yeah you had a busy day yesterday! How come DH is in Florida already? You must be itching to go! Yes it's hard managing Cathe, DJ, and DG, but I'm up to the challenge! LOL And DJ/DG know about Cathe, I know one is intimidated by Cathe, and the other one just kind of looks around everytime he's here.....

Trish- Nice workout yesterday!! Yeah FF is great, I think I'm definitley going to hit some of her rotations after STS. And as far as the boys go (and everything else) I avoid drama at all costs!! It just seems to find me.......:confused:

Helene- When does it end for you?? Geeezz, you need some R&R!! So where did you get your cookbooks??

Cookie- Yeah the green band is impossible! :eek: I do travel fit with the Pink one....and a lot of exercises in STS *including firewalkers*...LOL @ not being able to get out the knot, that happens to me all the time! Are you back in town yet? The most I get to travel for my job is Hannaford if we run out of lemons...:rolleyes: No DJ yesterday, but left a note in my door saying he'd be by this morning if I could fit him in.....hehe.

So since some of you asked, my mom is on a new treatment *yet again*, and this one's side effects are different than the last,especially when it comes to blood counts. She came off the last treatment because of the neuropathy side effect being so bad. It is not unheard of to have to skip treatments now and then, because of low white cell or platelet counts. I have been having an internal war wtih myself....because I am becoming more and more a believer in natural remedies. The more I read about chemo and radiation, the more I dont' see the purpose of fighting something toxic with soemthing equally toxic. *sigh* But do natural remedies *which is what I'd LIKE to believe in* really work? At least there wouldnt' be side effects. I brought it up to her oncologist about taking Coenzyme Q10 to help fight metastes, and he shot it right down. I dont' know why, but I was devasted. It's like the common thought that chemo is the only way....and I just don't believe it. :( So there is my rant about that........

Ok ladies, off to do something...BBL or tomorrow.

Morning all,

Belinda: You go girl on M3! You are making me want to get a squat rack. But I am still waiting for my weight vest from Cathe so I think that will do. Besides, if I get much more stuff, I won't be able to move around anymore in my basement. ;) Any news from all your tests?

Amelia: I've never done an FF rotation, but it seems that everytime I start a rotation, something happens and I can't stick to it. The one I stuck to the longest was the 6 1/2 month STS. I made it to week1 of M3.

Cookie: You are traveling to some exotic places there! :p Sorry about the presentation material from youtube not being up to par. At least you don't have to travel in bad weather anymore, at least I think so, March is almost over.

Lori: Sorry you had an aggravating day. I hope you did get a good night's sleep last night at least. So if you have to carry DS...... how heavy is he? These little guys can get quite a load to carry, even at 3!

Iris: Sorry your mom is on a different treatment. I understand you wanting to put her on a more holistic treatment. If you want to talk it off with me, feel free to give me a call and I can talk it through with you (I have more time than a doctor on a visit)...... since it is my job to know about this stuff anyways. I got my cookbooks from amazon. It was cheaper, but now I have a 40% off coupon for Borders, it would have been even better. I have started reading, and all I got to say is: what?! no callorie counting :confused: aaaargh!!!!! Yes, we can think about eating somewhere else next time.

Trish: Nice workouts. Doubles like that I am impressed. Enjoy the yoga class. It seems we have quite a few yoga fans in this group, so it will be nice to see how you like it.

Deb: I hope the weather warms up for you in FL. But it is still vacation! An yes, what on earth is pirates booty?!

Well, I am home with DS again. He hasn't gotten sick since last night so I think he is on the mend. He is very tired though and still doesn't want to it. Maybe he had what Amelia had. It sure sounds like it. I just hope it doesn't make the rounds with the rest of the house. Other than that, I will try to get some work done from home.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning girls,

Today, I'm finally getting to do Disc 24 back & bi's and will be finished with Meso 2 :) I have this big bump on the back of my forearm from slipping off a ladder in the stockroom yesterday and using it to save me from falling:eek: At least it won't affect my workouts . . . I think otherwise I'll do legs.

Pirate's Booty is a puffed rice snack that comes in a cheese or veggie flavor. It was only sold in health food stores but now my food store sells it. It's supposed to be healthy:eek:

Belinda - I looked under rotations but couldn't find FF's STS/Gym style rotation? Have fun with cardio today:)

Amelia - I know 65 isn't bad especially after the winter we had. Enjoy your circuit workout today.

Iris - About your Mom, how about adding some natural remedies along with the treatments. I believe in natural remedies but I think they should be used side by side with conventional treatments until more is known. Maybe you could look at some books about the subject. Enjoy your rest day today:)

Helene - Do you like working from home? I hope DS is on the mend.

Lori - Did you sleep in late today?

Cookie - Did you check out the hotel gym?

Trish - How did you like yoga?

BBL, have a great day everyone:)

'Morning! Luckily my dh scheduled a cat to go in for shots so I took the morning off to do that. Gave me time to get in disc 30 and 40/20. He owes me since it was so hard to sleep last night! Sad when I sleep better w/o him.
Belinda, so what did you decide to do? How are your children doing?
Amelia, I love, love, love kpc. Seriously! It used to be I would smile just saying it! My family would laugh at me about it, too. And b&g works ya real good. How's the unpacking going?
Lori, are you running around carrying the little one?
Iris, hmmm, what exactly does that mean? If you can fit him in? Have you ever read any of Dr. Mark Hyman's books? Sorry, can't remember the coauthor on some of his earlier books. Anyway, Ultrametabolism talks about holistic health, plus it has some good recipes in it. Reading and following his advice has made a big difference in how I deal with the lupus. Which is probably why I'm so bummed that I had to go on the cortisone.
Helene, yeah, I really know how to live it up! Tonight, tho I'm going to the Elton John/Billy Joel concert. Hope your family is healthy soon. Do you prefer calorie counting?
Deb, I'd take 65 degrees! Glad to hear the girls get along well! You should have a fabulous time.
Trish, did you get all those workouts in yesterday? I'm loving yoga lately.
A question: do you ever notice if the type of wo you do affects you during the day? For example, if it is heavy weights and/or yoga, I'm all relaxed and things sort of flow off me. But with cardio, I have more energy for the day. Just wondering if this is so.
Cookie

Hello again,

Well DS is sleeping now. So I have a bit of time.

Cookie: Have a great time at the concert. I had forgotten about that! It is going to be SO much fun. Lifting weighs makes me downright lethargic sometimes. But yes, cardio get me going too and yoga gets me to that zen place. Am I reading correctly that you have lupus :(?

Deb: Yeah on finishing disk 24 and Meso 2. You are going to rock FL! Are your Ds' GF's into health and working out as well? I bet you are a great example for them as well. I wonder if DS will be sick of me by the time he is that age or if we will still be close. He is such a snuggly guy at the moment I love it.

Iris: I guess I wasn't going to post it but I feel like I need to. Everybody can shoot me down if they want. I am very suspicious of a lot of "holistic" or natural remedies. I think a lot of people are making a lot of money off of it and everybody is jumping on the bandwagon because it is supposed to be healthier. I can tell you that there are many things in nature that are not good for you. So called natural supplements are not well studied or even controlled by the FDA. People can claim what they want and they do. There are cases where people have messed up by taking natural supplements that prevented the uptake of the medicine by their bodies. So please be careful. I am all for it though if it is solely through food. I don't know about Q10, but I would be happy to look into it if you wanted me to.

OK, time to look at what Tosca Reno would recommend for lunch ;)

OMG! I just did MMA. Fusion! I loved it, it was so much fun! I burned 348 cal. not bad for a short workout! Loved the drills!:eek:

I will be back!

Helene, what's for lunch?:p

Hey girls,quick check in here. The kids are getting out early today and there off tomorrow so there going to keep me busy the next few days. Hopefully the weather will clear up so they can play outside:confused:

I did bootcamp,its tough...forgot how tough it was. I burned right at 300 calories. Not bad..tomorrow is a rest day and im looking forward to it;)

bbl

Last edited:
:rolleyes:Hey Girls!

Sorry so late...but I have a very good reason! It was sweet of you guys to all have wished me a good night sleep but thats not what happened. I came back to work last night @ 7 till 9, my flight went elsewhere. When I came back this place was still hopping with medical crew and ANOTHER flight. I couldn't clean up b/c there were to many people under my feet but thankfully, I was in a better mood. I came back again @ 11:30, flight was suppose to be here @ 12:30, didn't show up until 1:45 and didn't leave until 3:40!:mad::mad::mad: I can't even put enough mad faces in to express how tired and irritated I was! The flight I had only had 2 crew members on board and they are never in a hurry to leave. I even put my coat on and started walking around, hoping they would get the hint!

So I slept from 4-8:48 to be exact and the last 90 mins of that was broken. DS woke up around 7:30 and I could hear him yacking for a while. I wanted to get a small workout in before coming back here though b/c I am more energized then if I do nothing. My intentions were to only do 3 miles but I ended up doing 5 miles. Came to work...same crowd still HERE from yesterday!!!!!! They are hogging the computer and hogging the tv room. I don't even know what they are doing. The maintance guys are here to fix the airplane and they are even in the tv room, in the recliner with their feet up...WTF is going on here??? So on top of having little sleep, I have people surrounding me again and I just wanna choke someone:eek::rolleyes:;) I have to come back for another flight tonight but its a early one. I am going to bed EARLY tonight.

Belinda** Glad you enjoyed your workout. I enjoyed that one as well. I went to order the weighted gloves last night but the shipping was more then the gloves. The gloves cost $19 and the shipping was $29...I couldn't do it! LOL

Ameila** Good job with your workout!

Iris** When it comes to cancer its hard to know what to do. One of the guys who works here came by yesterday to tell my boss that he wouldn't be working the rest of the winter b/c he has cancer some where else. Dh's uncle fought cancer both ways for a while. He did whatever the Dr's suggested plus he was making up him own remedies...drinking things and fruit. He had liver cancer though and thats never good. Hope you enjoy your rest day if you take one.

Cookie** I definitly feel better when I workout, cardio was my choice today cause I needed a good swift kick in the butt. You didn't tell DH that you slept better without him, did you?

Deb** Enjoy your workout. Do you leave for FL tomorrow??

Helene** Happy to hear DS is on the mend, atleast he sleeps when he is sick! My child keeps on truck'in!

So Im not sure what is on the menu at my house tonight. I have a feeling that it will be takeout cause I have to be back here around 5:45 or so. I will probably leave early enough to pick DS up and then come back here again! Atleast it won't be a late night.

BBL!
Lori:)

Afternoon girls,

Oh man, my legs are sooooo sore!! Haven't had this kind of soreness in a long while. sitting, standing and walking is a challenge! If yesterday's wo doesn't take an inch off, I don't know what will! Had a horrible night's sleep last night...I got to bed nice and early, 9:30, but woke at 1:30ish and didn't fall back to sleep until after 4:00:confused:. I did 30 mins of iClimb18 (Burned 291 cals, 4.54 miles). Also did yoga during lunch. It was nice, not too hard and not too easy...just what I needed. Although my legs were not happy:eek:

Belinda - Sounds like you had a blast with MMA!! Great job!

Amelia - Great job on bootcamp! Which FF routine are you doing again? I'm doing Get Ready for Summer 2007. I'm probably going to take a week off just to mix it up a little..maybe with some J. Michaels or J. love or a little STS and then jump into another Get Ready for Summer routine...trying to decide between 2008 and 2009. Wonder if she'll do one for 2010...Have fun wiht the kiddies!

Iris - Hope you didn't get called in for another double! That's got to be tiring! So, do you love Travel Fit?? I've been planning to buy it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. May use the Cathe coupons that came in the mail. What a tough struggle you and your mom are facing...doctors probably favor chemo because they can bill for it. I'm guessing the holistic approaches don't cost as much?? I hope you are able to come to a decision.

Helene - YAY!! Glad to hear DS is doing a little better. Are you able to sneak in a wo while he naps? That's usually my tactic on sick days;) Laughing at your comment to Deb about DS being sick of you. Amaya had a dr. appt on Monday so she was late for school. When I dropped her off she didn't want me to walk her in the building!! I couldn't believe it! Of course, I did...she's only 7 and I'm sure they want to know where she was in the morning. Really threw me for a loop though.

Deb - Pirate's Booty is a fav in our house;) Oh wow, FF has an STS rotation...hold the phone!! Will definitely have to look for that or send her a pm. Yoga was fun although I don't switch poses as fastly as the instructor:p

Cookie - So funny, I used to have the same feeling about kpc...still do, just can't do it as often anymore. Actually, when I'm well-rested I have more energy no matter what wo I do. But, if I do cardio and the music was especially good, I'm on cloud 9 for the rest of the day, humming all the way!

Lori - Wow, you are fuming!! I don't blame you. Very strange that people just hang around like that in the middle of the night??!! I would be po'd as well. Hope you get sleep and DS sleeps late in the morning.

Gotta run for the train again:confused:

Good evening girls,

Cookie, how was the concert last night? Nice job with disc 30 and 40/20 today. How are you liking the new workouts? Thanks for asking, my kids are doing great! How are yours doing? BTW, I feel the same way about workouts:)

Trish, must be something in the air, I am not sleeping well either:confused: Hoping you sleeping good tonight! Good job, on your DOMS! My legs are very sore too. Nice workout today.

Amelia, I almost did 4DS BC/KB today. Love these workouts! Are you all settled yet?

Iris,I agree, when it comes to cancer its hard to know what to do. I thinks it's something your mom needs to get lots of information and read up on. I wish her the best on whatever she decides to do! A lot of doctors don't believe in natural remedies. LOL, I had Ginger/Carrot soup for dinner:p and YOu?

Lori, I can't believe you still got a 5 mile run in! You go, girl! That's a lot of money for shipping:confused:

Helene, glad your son is on meds and starting to feel better. The test results should be in by next week.

Debbie, have fun in FL! You can come to Germany and I will go to FL:p It's so cold here. Congrats on finishing M2! Never heard of Pirate's Booty? Is it in the frezzer section?

I think I caught up with personals! Have a great evening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.