COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR JUNE 30, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
HAPPY HUMP DAY,

My plans for today: dog walk, M1 D8 (back & triceps) and if I still feel engerized I will add Hiit Double Wave Pyramid:eek:

I haven't seen anyone doing their ab wo yesterday, lol! You all better get on it:p I did mine!

My best to all. BBL!

Good Morning!:)

So today is suppose to be DS's first day of preschool but last night when I went to check on him, he was hot. Not sure where this is coming from. He slept with me again but at 1:30 he was still hot so I gave him more tylenol. I went by the bottle but I guess it wasn't enough. B/c of our previous experience with a temperature there is a good chance he will be going to the doctor today, instead of school. Maybe we will see what he is like when he wakes....very unlikely though. He has had a cough for a little while now and DH is afraid it is going to amount to more then just a cough. So we need to catch it before it happens.

Crazy busy day with the kids yesterday! For some reason I think that when I keep the girls with me, everyone will be happier...but they aren't much! One of them gets bored very easily and I think she just gets tired of playing with her younger sister. The other one is soooooo high maintance! It is ridiculous! If you mention what you "might" do today, she will keep on and keep on until it gets done. Then when she thinks no one is playing with her she will rat them out but I know the difference and I know what she is like so she doesn't get away with much here. Just before we left to go to the playground my friend shows up with her 3 yrs old, and she comes with us. Then after that she leaves her to go pick up her other child...brings her back and stays the whole afternoon. It worked out o.k b/c I told her to go for a run and then when she came back, I went for my run:)

Yesterdays workout was just 10 k and that's it.I am hoping to squeeze in some weights today...so I really need to get moving. I am going to read personals later!

Lori:)

I walked the dogs for 45 min. walk, did HiiT Double Wave Pyramid and did M1 D8 (back & triceps) :p:eek: I loved Hiit Double Wave Pyramid, had a lot of fun. My HR went up to 149, not bad! My HR monitor said I only burned 137 cal on that one:eek::confused: I was a sweaty mess. Didn't used my monitor on D8:eek: I think I need a new battery:rolleyes:

I will be back later, need to rest a little! Than I need to get my son's room ready.

Morning Ladies,

I finally did B&G last night!! (I skipped the ab work though!) This morning I'm doing YogaFit Total Core.

BBL for personals.

Morning,

Alright, I better hurry. DD already go up this morning and wanted to come down. I stuffed her back in bed with DH. I think she'll stay. So I better not waste my time sipping foffee for too long.

Belinda: Nice job getting all your workouts like that. How are the ears, I think we all forgot about it since you are working out like a machine! How about DH's back. Is it much better now? I hope so! Are you going to post your weights for us for M1D8? :D

Cookie: I got up to do LM as well yesterday. Isn't that funny? Never got around to it. Wasted too much time on the computer :eek: Oh well, that's what counts as fun for me. Cookie, I understand about the scale, but you don't have much to lose so it's probably confused. ;) You'd have to lose an arm or a leg for it to really register a change.

Iris: Would you believe it. Yesterday turned into another rest day :p Well, I did go for a speed walk at lunch for 50 minutes so I moved a little bit. But no hard workout. I'm such a slacker. :p

Amelia: Great job on SB. Make sure to use positive affirmations on all the things you get done. Even when you don't have energy. You did get SB in! That's awesome. Don't beat yourself up. Your DH sounds so supportive (hiding the scale). I measure myself every week. It's hard to see results sometimes but there is always one measurement that goes down. Even when the scale goes up. It's nice because I am like you and it can make me sad to see my weight go up.

Deb: Glad we can entertain you. I can talk to you about orchids if you like. I love them. I have 6 at home and 4 are flowering. I get them to re-flower which is cool. :) Great job getting your workout in. And I am trying to sell my elliptical since I don't use it. Of course it's nowhere near as nice as one of those fancy ones at the gym.

Lori: Poor DS. I hope you figure out what it is. Maybe an ear infection if he's had a cough for a while too with something lingering? I am impressed you got a run in yesterday! How old are the two girls again? Glad you were able to work that out with your friend. You guys could run a daycare with that many kids!

Trish: Nice job with iClimb indeed. You like these workouts a lot as well as I can see. I guess you are limited with your knees. Your days are so crazy! How long is your commute to work each day? I know you say you go into the city.

Licia: Hope you day wasn't too tiring yesterday.

OK, it's 6:15. I really have to get moving!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning Ladies

Yesterday I did an interval run for about 35 min., (didn't have time for abs...lol belinda)...but then last night went to a low impact aerobics class at the community center, and she did abs at the end of that class! And it was kinda tough! I felt bad for the 80 year old in the back. :confused: The instructor was decent at showing modifiers, though.
Today is GS Back/Shoulders/Bi's......then off to the gym. My boss (DC) is out of town again until next Monday. :confused: But he's driving back down for his session on Friday. I had another inquiry about training yesterday. :D

Belinda- Wow nice workouts today!! So does your son have a two month vacation?? That's awesome!

Lori- I could give up creamer (but not forEVER). Sorry to hear your DS is sick! Especially on his first day of school. :( Was he really excited about going?

Helene- Yeah it's pressure to put something together for a former PT, but at the same time, it feels awesome that she has that confidence in me to design a program that suits her. :) Nice weights!! Ok so hopefully we can get together soon to workout.

Licia- You ride motorcycles?? Awesome.

Amelia- Between you and DC..........I swear. He text me early yesterday morning to say he gained a lb. *sigh*. He didn't use the same scale.....he normally weighs himself everyday, he drives me nuts. So now I told him, Wednesday's only for weighing in (NOT on weekends!). So pick one day ( do wednesday's if you'd like? I agree with whoever has said it that weighing in on weekends is tough, that's usually when the cheating happens ) Or you could take Helene's suggestion and get out the tape measure? One of these days I will watch some chick flics! I usually do on days I'm sick or when I'm out sick for a minute. I'm a Sandra Bullock fan....definitely. I could watch Miss Congeniality over and over...LOL

Trish- Nice workout yesterday! I would love that cal burn in half an hour. I think with my client it's that she wants someone to push and motivate her. It was nice to talk with her yesterday about the fact that even trainers need trainers!! She hasn't trained in almost 20 years, though, and a lot has changed in the industry....so I think she's excited to learn what more is out there.

Cookie- Did you get S/H in? How was the movie?? I've never seen that one either. Anyone good in it?

Deb- (((Hugs))) Great workout yesterday. ;)

Have a great day ladies.

Morning!
Belinda, wow how long did that wo session last - all morning?!!! I also love those hiit ones, especially double wave. That dvd is by far the one I've used the most from the new series. One of my sons is hinting that he may come home for most of the summer. Now what's irksome is each time he's come, when he left, he leaves the two rooms he stays in a mess. I'm already thinking I'll have to have him sign an agreement. Bet your son is more considerate.
Lori, sorry your ds is sick, and after last year you must be worried. Hope he gets better super fast. Dealing with the girls was a wo in itself.
Amelia, Kristen Bell and Josh Dushanel (sic) were in When in Rome. It was entertaining and only a $1 from Redbox!
Helene, you are way to kind. I noticed the orchids and meant to ask you about them. How did you get in to raising them? They are so gorgeous and have a reputation for being difficult to raise. Of course, I forget to water plants sometimes so that may be a problem. Are you doing LM today?
Iris, another client! You're doing great. Do you worry about overtraining with all your classes, own wo, and clients? How's it going managing the gym on your own?
Trish, my dd and I love chic flicks and so I'm hoping to watch some over the summer. She'll only be home for two more years and I'm so conscious of how fast the time is flying with her. Often I wish I didn't slow down more to enjoy the kids' younger years. It was so hectic with school, hockey, soccer, etc. that if I watched a movie with them it was while I was doing fifty other things. Do you and your oldest dd enjoy many of the same things?
Deb, I didn't sleep well last night either and was awake for a few hrs in the middle of the night. Think for me it was tension about an upcoming meeting. Also w/dd I'm reading Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf. She has it as part of her summer reading. What a depressing play. No wonder I prefer chic flicks. At the library I also picked up 50 Shoes that Changed the World. That's what I should have been reading.
Licia, how did that long day go? Hope you got all your paperwork done. In case you ever missed my mentionning it like 50 times a week I hate paperwork.
Taking today as a rest day. Off to work, a wake, and a retirement party. Don't I sound exciting?
Cookie

Good morning,

I'm taking a Body Blast class at the gym it's new so not sure what to expect. I'm going to do computer work later so will stop back:)

Belinda - How exciting you DD's coming for the summer. What will DD do? Great workout.

Lori - Sorry about your DS, I hope you don't have to make a trip to the hospital. That's great that you and your friend took turns go out for a run:)

Trish - Great job getting in B&G:)

Helene - DS's gf's gave me orchids and one is blooming & the other lost all of them but has one bud. Please give me some hints:) weird I've been meaning to google orchids.

Iris - Looks like your getting in more workouts since you gave up the other job:) Do you feel relief yet?

Cookie - Between the play your reading and your day today you do need a little brightness your way:) At least the humidity is down and you hair will cooperate;)

Amelia - I meant to tell you I really liked Jillian's Yoga Meltdown it's different and I only tried level 1 but it's much harder then I thought with a cardio factor in there.

Licia - I hope your day went well yesterday:)

Have a great day:)

Morning

Im not sure what workout im doing today. It will involve weights, either a circuit or a full body, perhaps an split:confused:(no idea,lol) I also need to get in a yoga..maybe later in the day since i don't sweat during them.(hate taking two showers a day...what can i say,im lazy:p)

So i called the home owners insurance yesterday and my claim hasn't been processed yet,:mad:, she apologized and said they would have it wrapped up by the weekend. Its been almost a month since it happened...WTH are they doing over there,playing card games all day?:rolleyes: It would be nice to get some of our $ back on all the electronics we lost...

Helene-Question for ya! I went to that website and it said
Minimum caloric requirements: 1754 Calories per day, Limit your food intake to 1490 calories per day.​
which is cool because thats what im eating 1500, what is the 1754? Is that the most i should take my calories too? It also said that i needed to lose another 36lbs before im at a healthy bmi weight....:confused: i was aiming for 25 more lbs (150), so i guess 139 is healthy for me? Im confused? And i will try to be more positive, i did try and get SB done yesterday so i need to start giving myself credit with its due. And i was great over the weekend with my eating (had an emotional weekend so it could of been a disaster in the food department)

Belinda-Nice job on your workouts! I don't even bother with my HRM any more..i was getting obsessed with the numbers and thats the last thing I need, to obsess over more #'s :confused:

Debbie-Glad you liked Jillians meltdown, i need to do that one again soon. How did you like your new class?

Cookie-We watched When in Rome last night..it was cute,predictable but cute. Have a good time at the party tonight!

Iris-Yes mam...no more weighing once a day for me..its just to mind controlling. Im honestly thinking of making Tuesdays my weigh in day. Awesome about your new inquiry about training!!! Nice job on your workout too!

Lori-Hopefully your ds is feeling better soon, its hard when there sick. Nice job on your run yesterday!

Trish-Is yogafit total care a dvd? How did you like it? Im always interested in new workouts:D whos the instructor? I wish Cathe would make a yoga workout..wouldn't that be awesome!!

Amelia: I don't have time right now so I will have to come back tonight. But I would emphasize something to you right now: Can you remember where you started this journey? Do you even realize how far you have come?!!!! I remember you passed the 100lb weight loss mark. If we are talking about you loosing another 25lbs, that means you have done 80% of the work!!!! Yes, the last few will take commitment. But that is how you did it in the beginning too. Otherwise you wouldn't be where you are now. I had a low pass on my journey as well, but I am now back full swing. So the trick is not to settle where you are now, but to feel wonderful about what you have accomplished, realize how you accomplished it and recommit to it fully. One of the things that I got from BFFM also was: know how to focus, know how to stay-focused and know how to refocus.

OK, BBL tonight. Got work to do.

FYI, M2W4 legs this morning. Those low end pulse at the end of the last tri-set makes me want to cry every time!

Last edited:
Afternoon ladies,

After sitting at my desk for hours, I think I feel some DOMs from last night's wo. It's so rare that I work out at night, but it wasn't bad...may be something to try once in a while.

Belinda - Nice wos today!! What day is your son arriving?

Lori - Do you think DS may have picked up something at preschool? When both of my girls started school it seemed like they were sick all the time. That's cool that you and your friend can babysit while the other works out;) What are your plans for today?

Helene - My commute, door to door is about 1-3/4 hour on public transportation and 1-1/4 hour when I drive. That includes dropping off the girls in the morning. I was near tears with b&g last night myself! Cathe knows how to get us, doesn't she?

Iris - Yay, another client inquiry :) Before you know it you are going to be backed up with clients! ^5 on your double wo yesterday;) I did GS BSB last week. Great DOMs in my upper back, but didn't feel it so much in my shoulders.

Cookie - LOL about having DS sign an agreement. I should do the same in my house. I try to enjoy every minute while they are little but it is truly challenging when you are trying to get so many things accomplished in never-enough time:( My oldest and I have really great talks. We do other fun stuff like shopping and movies, but I think I like our talks the best!

Deb - What kind of class is Body Blast? Weight work? I haven't taken a class at the gym in a while.

Amelia - Will fill you in on the yoga DVD in a few...late for a meeting.

Hello to all followers.

Just a quick check in,

Tomorrow I can't start us off:) I will be in Munich picking up DS from the airport:eek:

I will check in after my workout and catch up on personals!

Hi girls,

I am going out with my 3 sil's for one of their birthdays, we're going to a restaurant with outside sitting so should be fun:) The boys will have to fend for themselves tonight.

Body Blast was fun it was sort of like Will, Power & Grace class. Here's what the description is on the schedule: fusion of pilates, plyometrics, old school calisthenics & yoga moves all done barefoot. I liked it and my hip is only slightly sore:) It's tougher then it looks and a couple of people walked out in the middle of class.

Amelia - You have done an awesome job and very consistent which is key:) I saw "Where the heart is" too and loved the book.

Trish - I didn't realize your commute was so long, but driving you must hit so much traffic.

Helene - I meant to say before that a 50 min. walk counts:)

Good Evening Ladies

Well it was a great day....I got frustrated with un-resolved paperwork and memberships to start the day, which are now organized and resolved...then it got better when I went to lunch with a friend, then it got better when I went back to work and DC was there with his humorous self, and then got even better when I signed up a 4th client :D (even though he doesn't start for a couple of weeks), and as I was walking out of the gym @ 4:30 to go to the market, who do you think calls??? Any guesses???? "What are we doing"? Can I call it or what. And he picked the perfect night, I have nothing planned. I can't get out of it. Even a step class I wanted to try tonight was cancelled. :confused: So now I'm sitting, relaxing for a minute having some red wine in celebration of my recent successes. :) He's coming over later........and he said if I'm going to cook dinner, not to screw it up. :mad: LOL

Deb- Have fun tonight!! You need a night to relax.....;) Kristen was just telling me that she can't believe it's been a week already since bootcamp, and she's jonesin' for more! Me too!! Can't wait to go back. And no, no relief at all...just more stress!! But good stress, I think!

Belinda- Enjoy your son's "home"coming! I might not be up early enough to do the "honors"...lol

Trish- I hope I have some DOMS tomorrow! I struggled today with BSB...:( I'm hoping with the stress, weightloss, and lack of sleep lately I'm not burning out workout wise. I feel fine, but my strength is all of a sudden weak....I feel I lost muscle and not body fat...and I so know better than that! :( And working out at night does a body good sometimes! It's been said to do that if you've hit a plateau, to change times of workouts....but that's hard for us busy gals!

Amelia- What Helene said....Focus is one thing....obsessing is another....this is about a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. I feel like I'm lecturing, but I'm really not! I just hate to see you upset yourself everyday! You have made strides that most us dream of. Granted, I dont' have an issue with food....but I can relate with other addictions I've had (and am still drawn to when emotional, I won't lie!), BUT, I don't let it consume me or bring me down (too terribly much), or forget just how far I've come! I will say this, I hate taking 2 showers a day too...LOL

Cookie- A wake???? I'm so sorry. :( Someone you were close with?? I hope you are able to enjoy the retirement party after, even though it may seem hard to........Yeah I worry about over training......just burn out in general. I could let myself get consumed by the gym.. But I'm going to try and "balance" life as well. I'm on the phone with SOMEONE every day with a question, and everyone's been so supportive! DC appreciates that I can be a stressed new employee/manager and be up his you know what with questions, and turn around and kick his ass in sessions...LOL

Ok off to tidy the house before "company"....:rolleyes:

Hey Girls,

Its late but I thought it was the perfect time to check in cause the house is nice and quiet:) I was suppose to go back to work tonight but I don't think I have to now.:):)That deserves a double smiley face!

My workout today was PUB chest,back and shoulders, then a 40 mins run outside with the dog. I am hoping to finish PUB tomorrow ( I could do it now I suppose) and another run,not sure what the weather is suppose to be like though. I thought I would get some studying done at work tomorrow but I have one crazy day ahead of me. I think I have six planes or close to it. Don't they know its Canada day??? Geez...whats a girl got to do to celebrate with her fam!?

Belinda** Nice workouts as usual! I think you are trying to show me up!?:D How is your friend doing with her sitting exercises? LOL I bet you are excited that DS is coming. How is DD doing? Did she ever make up with her old boyfriend. She is so beautiful,I can't imagine she would be signal for very long!

Ameila** I hate getting two showers to!! LOL I want to get my workout over with all at once.Its not the shower I hate as much as doing my hair! Hope your claim gets fixed soon...been there!

Helene** You should have been a doc! The beginnings of an ear infection is what he has, nothing major. My doctors secretary squeezed me in! She always does that forever me. Its probably b/c I don't call everyday. They hear from me about 2x's a year!

Trish** I use to enjoy working out in the evening...or going for evening runs but I rarely get to do it anymore. I always loved evening runs b/c I had more energy...but I would always have to make a bathroom break somewhere...even if it was in the woods! TMI!? LOL

Deb** Sounds like you have a nice evening planned with your SIL's! I am suppose to be going on a girls trip in sept but I have to work that weekend.They want to change it to fit my schedule but I almost don't want to go cause it would only be a couple of weeks before my next marathon...that I have to travel for.

Iris** I can't beleive it! I think you secretly kinda like this guy cause if you didn't you would have made something up! LOL How often will you be working with the clients that you are signing up? Just trying to wrap my head around everything.

Cookie** I don't worry quite as much as DH does. We didn't grow up running to the doctor, you use suck it up! LOL But DH's family makes an apt if they have had a cold for 3 days straight:rolleyes: So everytime DS gets sick I pass it off as teeth or a cold...meanwhile, DH is usually right.Everytime we have taken him,he usually has something!

O.k...feels good to be caught up.I will soon be going to bed if I don't have to go to work! I will bb in the a.m!

Lori:)

Evening all,

I'll finish personals in the morning with foffee. I am too tired. I just had a huge omelet with egg whites because I needed to get more protein for today. Lunch meeting with bad food but I did great, hamburger with no bun and a slice of tomato and lettuce. One bag of bake potato chips. No cookie, no potato salad, no pasta salad and no hamburger bun. I am so proud of myself :D Tonight I did one of my new TF workouts. It was a good burn and fun. So that's it for tonight.

And tomorrow, I'll have been married 10 years :eek::D:eek::D:eek::D

I hope everyone has a good night sleep!

Sorry that I haven't posted my check in today, I also haven't really had time to read over everything that has been going on the past couple days...I have read some really amazing things and I plan to take a break tomorrow to catch up and respond.

Today was a much needed rest day. I almost didn't take it because yesterday I was not able to make it through both PP and L&G, I only got in PP.
I felt guilty today for not moving L&G over...but I am so miserable with either allergies (don't usually have bad) or a terrible sinus cold.
This is what kept me from doing L&G.

I am hoping to be able to get in my workout tomorrow morning.

Licia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.