COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR JUNE 29, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I will do cardio today. Hope it's not to hot for a run today?

I will be back to report my workout!

My best to all:)

Hallo:D

I am done with my workout, I ran outside for 50 min! It was hot outside:confused: I feel great. I went 4.5 miles! I burned 550 cal! I love running, gives me a nice cal burn;) Thursday or Friday I will go for a long run? My son is coming on Thursday, he will be staying for 8 weeks:eek::D I know he will be tired from the long flight, I will try to go to the gym for a run. Can't run in the afternoons, getting way to hot!

Work it, girls!

Have a fantastic day and workout! BBL!

Good Morning Ladies

Yesterday I did a GS Legs Timesaver....I felt like I wasn't going to have enough time, but I could have. My legs are still sore today, but not waddling sore. I will run today, possibly intervals today.
It went well with my new client yesterday, she's a former trainer herself, back before they called them "trainers". She trained with the military, and did bodybuilding years ago. It was nice to throw some terminology out there to her that she understood. Unfortunately, I have to finish assessments with her today before DC because she came straight from work and not dressed. :confused:

Belinda- Have a great run today! So interesting about German citizenship.......wow, so even if you're born there, you're not automatically a citizen? Amazing how each country is different.

Lori- I havent always been a 9-5er! I had Tuesdays off for a long time.....there are advantages to having week days off! I think I could hit the diet hard, my hardest would be if I had to give up coffee with my creamer and sweetener in the morning. How'd your run go?

Licia- Great job with KPC! It was my first Cathe workout. :) I am ACE certified. And yes I work in a gym. Just started a few weeks ago. :D Just so you know, I'm the only single one of the group. :confused: As busy as I am, somehow man drama finds me. Fortunately it's been quiet for a few days. lol Wow a full time student and mom?? Kudo's to you!!

Amelia- I haven't seen either movie.....I love movies and never watch them. I hope laundry went smoooth for you! And I've heard cathe talk bout muscle soreness on the forums and I've read about it. The funny thing is, there hasn't been enough research to know WHY that is.

Trish- I thought your life was supposed to get EASIER after dance?? LOL Hope you had a great workout with B&G!

Deb- Did you end up BBQ ing?? That's good to have a light week at work. ;)

Cookie- lol @ sharing the workout "space" with your DH. I don't know if I could do it!! I don't think I would get a tax deduction if I'm an employee, would I? I'm not even an established entity, yet. I should consider that. No I haven't gotten my bracelet back....I told him just to leave it at work....LOL

Helene- You like when Belinda posts her weights?? I look at them and realize those are my Meso 3 weights...LOL :confused: So why do you have to wait a few years for citizenship? You can't have both either? What about your family? I'm so intrigued by this topic. Yeah....DG....I'm sure I'll be hearing from him. He worked too hard to get my number again...I can't see NOT hearing from him. :rolleyes: He's so predictable (even though I"m sure he thinks he's not). I bet he's coming back from Florida today, I will probably hear from him by Thursday........great. Great workouts yesterday!! Nutso..........:eek:

BBL

Good Morning Girls!:)

Yesterdays workout was little over 12k with DS in the stroller and some abs. It was suppose to be raining today so I offered to take my two nieces for the day. Now it looks like it may be an o.k day so Im not sure what we will do all day. I think I will get DD to watch them while I go for a run:D

We went to preschool yesterday and he seemed to like it. Grant it, his little cousin was there but even before he seen her he was o.k. He probably thought he was at a play ground or something and he doesn`t realize that he will be left there tomorrow!:confused:

I am going to read yesterdays thread...then I will return!

Lori:)

Belinda** No doubt about it...running is a great calorie burner. I feel bad for people who don`t enjoy it because I think they could really slim down with running.But I can also understand why some people don`t really enjoy it, its hard work!

Iris** Glad to hear everything went well yesterday. My run was good.Just DS and I....its hard work pushing him but so much easier when I don`t have to talk to anyone. Its crazy all of the little things you would have to give up! Imagine that little bit of creamer!! Would it be worth it I wonder!

Ameila** Nice to hear you had a great night with DH!!! We all need those every once in a while. It seems like DH just fishes and works these days:confused: Summer time is busy around here!

Helene** How were the meetings yesterday! My question mark isn`t working!!! Ugh!

Trish** Were you tired yesterday. Im not looking forward to packing DS`s lunch and snack for preschool.I never had to do that at the sitters!

Deb** How was your workout yesterday and did the rain stop!! (again...no question mark!:mad:)

O.k...I think that catches me up with personals! If we don`t do anything this a.m I am hoping to get a little bit of reading done!

Lori:)

Iris - NO:D Just because you where born in Germany doesn't get you the German citizenship! One parent HAS to be German;) you have to prove that one parent has a German citizenship! Otherwise all those military kids what are born every day in Germany would be German, but they are not. I always get a kick out Americans living over here or in the United States that are claming they or there kids are German:rolleyes::rolleyes: Unless you have a German passport/right papers you are not German. They always think because they where born over there makes them automatically German, WRONG! :rolleyes: Enjoy
your workout today. GS timesaver is a good one!

Lori - I always/still am impressed with your running;) Hopefully I will catch up to you some day:eek: I love the cal burn I get from it. I am so glad I am back into it. You are rocking your workouts lately, girl! Good job!

I forgot to work my abs, still need to do them! BBL!

Hi to everyone that follows today!

Morning all,

Well, I'm a bit slow this morning but that's to be expected.

Belinda: I thought the laws for German citizenship changed in 2000 and that residents that had been there for a while that can speak German can now get naturalized. Also kids residing in Germany born after 1990 in Germany I thought could now get citizenship....... trying to overcome the problems of the low birth rate...... Anyways, I am French. Studied in the US for a loooooooooog time but you are not eligible to apply for residency while you are studying. Then I had to get a job and be in my job for a while before they would even consider sponsoring me for a green card which I have now had for 2 years (I arrived in the US in 1987). So this is how I feel when they talk about legalizing people who have been here illegally as long as it's been a couple of years: :mad:. Because let me tell you, this was a royal pain. OK rant over :D I never complained though because I was doing the asking, but I really don't understand the way people expect things to work over here.

Lori: What do you mean????? :p Nice run yesterday. Too funny about saying you'll watch your nieces and then leaving them with DD. It's a great idea by the way. It will help and make sure she is careful and that she is ready when she wants to have her own if you know what I mean ;). Meetings were interesting, as usual, it's just that they are long and they are at night :confused: And I agree, I always found that running got you the most bang for your buck weightloss wise.

Iris: Oooh, training a former PT. Pressure :eek: My weights for d25 were pretty good yesterday. Not Belinda like but not bad either. Bench press was 63lbs (58 in incline), chest flies 25 (23 on incline) one arm rows were 30lbs (both horizontal and parallel) and deadlifts (yep did those too fine) were 58lbs. It was a nice sweat.

I'm all caught up since I posted last night. Hi to everyone else and have a great day.

I got up this morning to work out but will have to do it later. After working out last night and the late night meeting I just didn't have it in me. But no problem I will get to it later.

Good morning...This is just a quick check in as I have Push Pull and Legs and Glutes scheduled this morning.
I also am suffering a head cold, so I hope I make it through both of them...

I have to drive to the city today to register our motorcycles and buy helmets (they changed helmet law) today. The drive is about 1.5 hours.

I will catch up with everyone when I get home this evening.

Licia

Morning all,

Well, I'm a bit slow this morning but that's to be expected.

Belinda: I thought the laws for German citizenship changed in 2000 and that residents that had been there for a while that can speak German can now get naturalized. Also kids residing in Germany born after 1990 in Germany I thought could now get citizenship....... trying to overcome the problems of the low birth rate...... Anyways, I am French. Studied in the US for a loooooooooog time but you are not eligible to apply for residency while you are studying. Then I had to get a job and be in my job for a while before they would even consider sponsoring me for a green card which I have now had for 2 years (I arrived in the US in 1987). So this is how I feel when they talk about legalizing people who have been here illegally as long as it's been a couple of years: :mad:. Because let me tell you, this was a royal pain. OK rant over :D I never complained though because I was doing the asking, but I really don't understand the way people expect things to work over here.

Lori: What do you mean????? :p Nice run yesterday. Too funny about saying you'll watch your nieces and then leaving them with DD. It's a great idea by the way. It will help and make sure she is careful and that she is ready when she wants to have her own if you know what I mean ;). Meetings were interesting, as usual, it's just that they are long and they are at night :confused: And I agree, I always found that running got you the most bang for your buck weightloss wise.

Iris: Oooh, training a former PT. Pressure :eek: My weights for d25 were pretty good yesterday. Not Belinda like but not bad either. Bench press was 63lbs (58 in incline), chest flies 25 (23 on incline) one arm rows were 30lbs (both horizontal and parallel) and deadlifts (yep did those too fine) were 58lbs. It was a nice sweat.

I'm all caught up since I posted last night. Hi to everyone else and have a great day.

I got up this morning to work out but will have to do it later. After working out last night and the late night meeting I just didn't have it in me. But no problem I will get to it later.

Helene, they are not getiing it that easy!
Citizenship by naturalization can be obtained by legal residents of Germany who have been in the country for at least eight years and who can prove command of the language.

Read more: German Citizenship Requirements | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_4778342_german-citizenship-requirements.html#ixzz0sFbwK800

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_nationality_law

BTW, I have the green card too. You have to get your green card every ten years, ha? Are you getting the American citizenship?

Howdy!

Today is going to be a blah kind of day...i can tell already. The scale is playing mind games with me. sigh. Ive said this before but and I'm saying it again...I'm putting that Damn scale UP and not getting back on it until my WI days (sundays) no more weighing everyday..its driving me mad and moody.

I was up another lb today...WTH???? I had awful cravings last night and went to bed hungry and im pissed right now:mad: I've still got 11 more days until TOM gets here..can't be that. Im SO SICK of trying to figure out why the scale is going up. I would like to take a sledge hammer to the damn thing!

Not sure what workout im doing today...bbl to report or just gripe some more;)

Last edited:
Belinda: Ah, that explains it. But eight years isn't so bad a wait. I waited much longer than that! Yes, I will get the citizenship since I don't have to give up the French one. I like it here and at the moment, I can't see myself living in France. I think I have to wait another 3 years before I can apply though.

Licia: That's a long ways to drive to take care of that :confused: We'll see you tonight.

Amelia: Seriously, I am not liking my scale much either. But I like my tape measurer! Start taking and writing down your measurements. My scale showed a 1.5 lb weight gain last week (with all the workouts I am getting in and clean eating this is how I felt :mad: ) but ALL my measurements went down (hips, thighs, everything!). It's a great way to lift your mood. :)

OK, more work. BBL tonight.

Hi everyone!

My day started out kind of blah, too, but I'm feeling pretty good now. My schedule is still a little off (didn't get to bed until 12:00ish), but I did get up and move a little! It wasn't easy, but once I got on the elliptical, I was back in the zone;) I did iClimb18 for 30 min & burned 344 cals. This was my first wo since Friday:confused:!!

Belinda - I read your post from last night before starting my wo and it really got me moving. You're right...I need to relax! Thanks for that! Nice job on your run today and great cal burn;)

Iris - ^5 on GS Legs yesterday! It killed me last week. I never did get a chance to do B&G, sigh, but I'm hoping to do it tomorrow morning. So, what is your new client's reason for seeking a PT? You would think she could come up with her own rotation since she was a body builder. But, I'm sure it is cool that she understands what you're talking about. Maybe her bodybuilding background might come in handy with your fitness competition;)

Lori - Suprisingly, I wasn't tired yesterday and even stayed up (too) late last night:confused: I have so much on my to do list and I keep trying to cross things off. I'm definitely going to have to get back to my regular sleep schedule. Good thing DS enjoyed his first day at preschool. Will he be there for a full day or 1/2 day? Packing lunch is the bigget pain in the @$$ when it comes to school/camp. If I could get rid of that, it would be great. 7YO DD goes through phases of buying lunch at school and bringing lunch. I kind of don't like her buying (even though it's so convenient) because you never really know how healthy the food is.

Helene - ^5 on getting your wo in last night! Impressive numbers on those weights!! Especially the flies...ouch!! I'm inching my way up past 15#. I'm very cautious following my shoulder injury, but 15# definitely make me sore! How was first day of day camp? Both girls enjoyed it. YAY!! So...I am up to chapter 6 with BFFM. I haven't been able to really focus (plus this is the first audiobook I've ever listened to) so I'm going to listen to chapters 2 thru 6 again and make notes. Great stuff though! Once I get it stuck in my mind, I'll be on my way;)

Licia - Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you are able to push through your wos. Hope the drive is at least a scenic one!

Amelia - today started out blah for me, but got better. I hope it's the same for you. Tuck that scale away until Sunday. Not sure when I'm going to get on it next. If not this Sunday, then next Sunday. Feel better.

Deb - I am a big ironer. I just can't send the girls out the house a wrinkled mess!! LOL! Now, how I leave, is a whole other story:) I got caught in the downpour without an umbrella:( yesterday. Were you able to bbq? I'm planning to try a new chicken ranch/rosemary marinade on the grill tonight.

Cookie - Ewww, a steamer! Let me know how you like it. I've thought about getting one a few times, but wondered if I would really use it or just pull out the old iron. Nice job on b&g and working out with DH. For a long time I thought I wanted to work out with mine, but I think I'm liking it on my own ;)

Hope everyone is having a great day. BBL.

Afternoon All
Belinda, you must be so excited about your son coming. Just the other day I almost asked you if either one of your children would be visiting you this summer. Any special plans while he's there? Did you get those abs in?
Amelia, does Sean know you're thinking of selling the treadmill? Hmmm, I seem to remember there was something going on with you two.... JK, while I don't usually give a strong opinion on things, here I'm making an exception. I think you will regret selling it. There. Do you have one of those calipers? You might want to get one and/or use Helene's link to a bf gauge and go back to locking the scale in the trunk of your car. I hate my stupid one. Every time I use it, I have to take a deep breathe and gear myself up for it. It is so depressing in that no matter what I do the number never seems to change. Oh, picked up When in Rome to watch with the dd this afternoon.
Iris, hope you get the jewelry back. I have to check out that website, but what a great idea you have there. You are going to be even more amazing.
Deb, sounds like that chicken might have been better as a duck with the rain. How's your hip doing? Just wondering do you think the stress might have been affecting it?
Licia, wow both workouts and then a drive. Your glutes will be sore. Drive safe.
Helene, don't know how you could have worked out this morning after all you did last night and with a meeting. Could you schedule your rest day to occur right after those busy days?
Lori, love the idea of babysitting your nieces and then having your dd do it. Totally agree with you about running and weight loss. Picked up the book Born to Run today at the library about the Mexican natives who routinely run long distances. It supposed to be good, hopefully motivating also.
Trish, I hate packing lunches. Another domestic goddess thing I don't care to do. My kids always started the school year with my hot little checks n their hands to pay for the year's worth in advance. They would just complain about what I packed, even if it was what they requested, so I gave up. Even paid for them at camps and activities. Saved what little sanity I have left. However, I always pack my own.
Off to watch When In Rome with the dd. Oh, almost forgot did LowMax this morning and will do s/h back this evening.
Cookie

back with about 25 mins of SB done. I started getting dizzy so i quit :( not sure what that is all about?

Cookie-i want to see when in rome...i will have to see if redbox has it, we rent a lot of movies there. I probably won't sell my TM...my mom wanted to buy it. Last year my sister wanted to buy it..and i considered it then too. But i just can't part with it. Im going to get my DH to measure me right now and measure again in another month. Awesome job on LM, that one is tough!

Trish-Nice job on your Elliptical workout! Im feeling a little less blah now, decided to let it all go and just be happy with myself, life is too short to stress over a few lbs.

Helene-How often do you measure yourself? I use to measure once a month but that just seems like such a long time to wait:confused: My DH just put the scale up so i can't find it, he will put it out on Sunday morning. I've got that website bookmarked!

Iris-Nice job on GS legs. I watched another movie this morning(to hopefully get me out of my blahness) Have you seen 'Where the Heart Is"? If not you've GOT to see it! such a good movie, totally a chic flick. Natalie portman plays in it. She's one of my favorite actresses. I like Kate Hudson too...

Lori-Glad to hear you DS liked the pre-school, guess you'll know for sure tomorrow! My little niece started going to day care about a month ago and she loves it...didn't at first though,LOL. Now my sister is able to work more hours at her job so she likes it too.

Debbie-LOL at me liking wolves because of twilight. Im hoping that we can still go and see Eclipse tomorrow...its not looking to good, we don't have anyone to watch the kids....

ok, i got four loads of laundry in yesterday and one bathroom...now off to clean the other bathroom and do some more laundry. Later gators

Hi girls,

This is another quickie, I had a hard time sleeping last night and DH keeps reminding me it's getting late. I tried to take spin but it was too crowded so hopped on the ellipitical w/Sean CC4:)

You girls are a wealth of knowledge all this talk of citzenship, PT, hair, eating tips, movies, preschool etc. . . Thank you for helping me keep my mind off of unpleasant things:)

I'll be back tomorrow with personals probably after all of you have worked out;)

Good night

Good evening ladies,

I also did Core Circuit " Stability Ball Abs" 20 min. today. Can't forget those abs:p

Debbie – (((HUGS)))) sorry, you have so much on your plate lately! As much as you use the elliptical at the gym, why don’t you buy one?

Amelia – did you drink enough water? Great job on SB today.

Cookie – who was the movie? No special plans when DS is here, not yet? That will change as soon as he is here, lol. Yes, I did my abs! Nice job, with LM this morning. How did your weight workout go?

Trish – wtg on iClimb today. You are doing great! Sometimes we are too hard on ourselves, I used to stress over food to a long time ago. Now I don’t, I eat and drink everything in moderation and it’s working better for me than any diet!

Good night:D

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.