COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR JUNE 28, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I had a fantasic weekend. Great company and food:p And we had wonderful weather.

Today I will take my dogs for a walk first, it's getting to hot to walk them in the afteroon, than I off to D 7 (chest, shoulders & biceps).

Have a wonderful Monday and workout! BBL!

Good morning everyone,

I'd post personals but I have to get my workout in ;) d25 is waiting downstairs. Chest and Back. Should be a nice one!

BBL tonight since it's Monday and I have that long meeting tonight :(

Good Morning Ladies

Today is GS Legs. So I did join the Cathy Savage website, looking for some direction on figure competing. I've decided to test out their program for a few months on the non-competition level, and that starts for me on July 1st. It's cool, you answer a ton of questions, and then your program is designed from there. My big thing, though, is of course proper nutrition for something like this. I'm excited!

I am (supposed to) see a client at 1:30 today. I consider it my first official consultation. DC just doesn't count anymore....lol And then I'm going up to Gansevoort for some intern hours at our sister location and meet their trainer.

Belinda- I cant' keep up with all my "D"s either......hehe. Have a great walk and workout!

Helene- Have a good workout! Yikes....another Monday for you........bummer.

Hi to all who follow! BBL

Good Morning!:)

Ah....its nice to be relax'in on the couch while sipping my foffee!:p What's everyone else doing? Oh yes...that's right...working!:eek::eek::D

I started off loading the dishwasher as soon as I woke up and then I thought....I should be just sitting and trying to wake up...I have all day. So that's what I am doing!

Today's workout will likely be a run outside. I may leave DS home with DD and if that's what happens then I would like to get a longer run in.The furthest I have ran since the marathon is little over 12k. Someone asked me the other night if I was hooked on marathons. I can honestly say that I don't think I am. I think I am only doing this one in Oct b/c I am already registered for it.Its hard to say how long I will wait until I do another one after that. There is no doubt that my running partner is hooked though. But her life is a little more low key then mine...so maybe that's why. There is also another race coming up in the city in July but it's my weekend to work. I am debating getting weekends switched with my coworker. I know it won't be a prob b/c the weekend I would offer to switch is the weekend of the festivites here...which include drinking! So she would be all over that!

I tried catching up on yesterdays personals but DS wanted the computer so hopefully I will do that later.

Belinda** Glad to hear you had a nice weekend!

Iris** I don't know if I could stick to such a strict eating program...actually I know I wouldn't be able to.I have to many cravings for sweets! LOL I would like to see how much leaner I could get without sugar...but its just not worth it! haha!

Helene** Good job with your workout!

Luicia** Im not sure if I am spelling it right...thanks for the info! LOL I am 31 yrs old...soon to be 32:eek: and have 2 kids.One 14 yr old girl, that I had when I was young (obviously) and a 3 yr old boy who is just one big ball of energy. I work full time and am doing an online course and have no prob getting my workouts in. Eating isn't a real big prob for me either but when I am bored, I tend to pick alot.

O.k...I would love to come up with some kind of rotation. It may only be short lived though b/c of training for another mary. If I have time today I may sit down and try creating something.

Lori:)

Belinda, Glad that you enjoyed the weekend.

Lori, I forgot to state that I am 42;) and that I am currently a full time student and just completed my ATA Degree. I currently live about eight miles from the Stevens Canyon entrance to Mt. Rainier National Park, but we are moving in August so that we can be closer to civiliazation (not too close) and so that our son can earn a better education.

Iris, Awesome that you are a personal trainer. What course did you take? Do you work in a gym?
I am thinking of getting certified, and have an opportunity to teach classes and train at the very small local gym.

Today's workout is KPC...love that one!

Licia

Good Morning

Today is a rest day, im looking forward to it. I plan on cleaning both bathrooms and doing laundry, i have laundry coming out of my ears...

Our quiet time last night was great. We watched a few movies and both funny. We watched "My Best Friends Girl" then "She's out of my League" Both very funny!!! DH wanted to go out to dinner but i didn't want to be around bad food at my sensitive state:p we did go to Arbys and there jr roast beefs are only 200 calories:eek: so good too:D

Helene-Thanks for the link yesterday, when DH wakes im going to have him take my measurements. Enjoy your workout with Cathe and sending you short meeting vibes..

Licia-I love that 'i wanna rock' song on KPC, i really get into it:cool: If you get a chance i would LOVE to see pics of your Wolves! Wolves are such gorgeous creatures. I know what you mean yesterday about cooking two meals for you & your family. I have to do that now:( its a struggle. I've gotten better at it over the years though! Glad your hear!:)

Iris-Loved reading your post yesterday about muscle soreness. Very interesting. So excited for you about the figure competing. That is awesome!!!

Belinda-Enjoy your workout and your dog walk! Glad you enjoyed your weekend!

Debbie-How was your yoga meltdown workout? Did you do the whole thing? I think i may do that one today. Sorry to hear about your power going out..that sucks:(

Lori-LOL at you waking up and loading the dish washer...i had a dream last night about doing laundry:rolleyes: Have a nice run today

Cookie-whats on tabs for today?

Trish-How did your weekend go?

Im sure im missing someone...i will bbl

Hallo girls,

I am done with STS Meso 1, Disc 7, Chest, Shoulders and Biceps + Extended stretch! My UB is fried with all those push ups and biceps curls:)
Crossover Pushups - 16 reps on my toes!
Standing Overhead Press - 19's/10 reps
Standing Overhead Press - 15's/10 reps
Standing Overhead Press - 12's/10 reps
Barbell Curl - 45#/10 reps
Elmo Pushups on Stability Ball – 15 reps
Standing Barbell Front Raise - 45#/15 reps
Seated Incline Hammer Curls - 15's/15 reps
Flat Bench Chest Flyes - 18's/15 reps
Seated Overhead Press - 18's/15 reps
One Arm Preacher Curl On SB - 18#/15 reps
Pushups - Standard – 8 on my knees
Pushups - Wide – 8 on my knees
Pushups - Standard – 20 on my knees
Alternating Seated Overhead Press - 16's/15 reps
Seated Barbell Isolation Curls - 41#/15 reps
Chest Flyes on Stability Ball - 21's/15 reps
Lateral Side to Front Combo - 14's/8
Incline Band Hammer Curls - Green band/32 reps
Straddle Pushups - 18 Reps on my knees
Side Leaning Lateral Raise – 11’s#/15 reps
Seated Alternating Curls & Both Arms - 15's/16 reps
Staggered Pushups - 16 reps
Bow & Arrow w/Band - Green band/19 reps
Wide Grip Barbell Curl - 45#/21's
Pushups Drop Sets - 14 reps on my knees
Pushups Drop Sets - 12 reps on my knees
Pushups Drop Sets - 10 reps on my knees
Pushups Drop Sets - 8 reps on my knees
Pushups Drop Sets - 6 reps on my knees
Standing Upright Barbell Rows - 45#/15 reps
Alternating Standing Curls then both arms - 18's/16 reps
Pushups - 21's on my knees
Standing Barbell Front Press - 35#/21's
Narrow Grip Barbell Curl - 45#/21's I almost didn’t made it on the last 3 reps!

Amelia - enjoy your rest/ cleaning day today! Glad you had fun this weekend.

Licia - I also have to cook twice, I am a vegetarian and DH isn't:confused: Congrats on your ATA Degree:) That's awesome! I am 47, I was born and raised in Germany. I met my DH 28 years ago while he was stationed (he is in the Army and loves it!) in Germany, we are married almost 27 years. We are stationed in Grafenwoehr Germany until next year :eek:Both my kids are in collage. My DD just got her masters, I am very prould of her. She is doing an internship in DC and a fellowship (hipe I wrote that right?) LOL! My son is a freashman in collage. He love college live, go figure! We own a house in Texas he live here, thank goodness. Nice job on KPC today, love that one too!!Lori - how far did you run today?

Iris - have fun with your workout today. If you can't keep up with all D's, I sure can't:p:eek: BTW, Great info yesterday.

Helene - hope you had fun with D25 this morning. Hope your meeting isn't taking to long tonight.

Hi to everyone that follows after me! BBL! Need to keep up with all that chatting that's been going on lately:eek::p:D

Afternoon girls!

Whew, what a long weekend. I was completely consumed with getting the girls ready for summer camp yesterday and myself ready for a new commuting pattern. I was up until almost 2AM getting clothes ironed for the week, camp & lunch bags packed, etc...So, not only did I miss yesterday's wo, I didn't get one in this morning either. Things should be smoothed out for tomorrow. Haven't decided if I will do B&G which I missed on Saturday or to move on to the next wo. Since I love B&G so much, I'll probably go with that.

Belinda - Sounds like you had a great weekend! It's nice having relaxing time with friends. Nice wo today. Your numbers are so impressive...I was celebrating moving up to 15# on chest flies last week then I saw your stats...gulp!:) WTG, girl!

Helene - I picked up the BFFM audiobook from my library on Friday. I am on chapter 3 and just starting to get into the meat of the program (he's discussing changing the way you think about food, exercise, diet,...life!). Great stuff! I'm going to give the calendar a try, too. I always like checking things off, makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something. Hope your late meeting goes by quickly.

Lori - Hope you got your long run in.

Lucia - You and I have the same problem...SWEETS:confused:! The past few months have been the hardest for me ever and I just recently decided to see a psychologist who specializes in behavior modification about my issue. For a long time I was able to eliminate sweets from my diet, which I think has backfired on me. With the help of these ladies (awesome support group!!), I'm looking into BFFM and re-reading The End of Overeating to help put things back in perspective. I've been binging on weekends and I'm so OVER it !!! Btw, I'm 38, married 12 years, with 3 girls - 3, 7 & 20 (my 20YO is my stepdaughter who moved in with us about 2 years ago while attending college). My life gets really crazy between a F/T job and the girl's activities, working out, etc. but somehow, it all manages to work out. Anyway, hope you enjoy checking in here.

Iris - Figure competing...another exciting chapter!! What's your first 'real' client like? Male or female? Think they will be easy to train?

Amelia - Wow, two bathrooms in one day?? I never clean them on the same day (unless company is coming;)! Enjoy laundrymax!

Deb - Hope you're having a relaxing, stree-free day.

Cookie - How are things with you today? Everytime there's a mention of humidity in the news, I'm thinking of you and your hair now! LOL!!

I'm in a training class today and tomorrow. Guess I should pay attention to the instructor!! BBL.

Hi girls,

I went to the gym early today to take a total body class. I'm supposed to be BBQing chicken tonight but it's pouring rain:( hopefully it will stop. I have a light week at work, today I'm home doing computer work:)

Belinda - Your weights are getting higher & higher:) It would be great if you can have 2 citzenships, where will you go when DH isn't stationed in Germany anymore?

Helene - Well at least you got your workout knocked out before your meeting. I went to the site you posted, didn't realize my BF was that high:eek:

Iris - Looks like you have lots of fun things on your plate, you go girl!

Lori - Are you sure your not hooked on Marathons . . . you are considering switching weekends to work for a race;) Enjoy your day or days off:)

Licia - Welcome! The wolves sound interesting do they live in your house or outside? I haven't pulled out KPC in awhile.

Amelia - Does your interest in wolves have anything to do with the twilight series LOL? Seems like you'll need a rest day from housework tomorrow:)

Trish - At least I'm not the only one who still irons, my inlaws think I'm crazy and one SIL says she doesn't even own one. The only thing is not sure if I would be motivated to do it until 2AM:eek:

Cookie - I hope you had fun on your date night:) What is DD doing for the summer?

Enjoy the rest of the day:)

Evening,
Could have swore I posted this morning, but now it's not here. Wonder what's up with that...
Belinda, wow, those are impressive wts. Do you use pace wts or what to get the increments between 15 and 20 and so on? I also love KPC, used to be I'd grin just saying it.
Licia, your area is so beautiful. Where are you moving to and what is an ata degree?
I work full time and my only child currently home is my dd and she's 16-1/2. Can't forget the half. Also love kpc and pretty much any kickbox one.
Deb, my dd is taking driver's ed and so far that's about it. She was hoping to be a jr counselor at a camp but so far hasn't been needed. The darn d/e is twice a wk and its awkward hrs break up the days. Tomorrow I have to stay home to chauffer her. Sounds funny that I have to drive her to driver's ed. Are you able to work from home all this week?
Trish, someone asked me today what the weather prediction for the day was and I told her based on my hair it would be very humid all day. I have an iron and am hot on the trail of a steamer! Have a coupon from Bed, Bath & Beyond and soon, very soon, I don't think I'll need an iron any more. I don't iron everything but do touch up a lot of work clothes. Hope you get a good night's sleep in.
Helene, so did you get sts in? Bet you did and hope you're meeting is not too late. I was supposed to do plyo legs 14 this morning but b&g kept calling to me after Trish mentioning it. It really burned me. Funny how after all the sts work it affected me. Have you noticed this at all.
Iris, I'll never be able to keep up with you and your Ds but I sure love reading about them. How did the first session go? You're probably keeping track of your mileage for a tax deduction. Did you get your necklace back?
Amelia, the movies sounds good - I'll have to check them out. Wanted to get one to watch w/dd tomorrow morning but she said she'd rather sleep. Told me. I hate laundry. Don't mind putting in and out of the machines but folding and putting it away is a whole 'nother thing.
Lori, there certainly are worse things to be addicted to than marathons. Bet you'll switch weekends so you can do the race. That's nice your dd will babysit. Any word back on your raise?
Did b&g and wow I forgot what it was like. Sure did since those darn low ends got me again. Did s/h chest with dh. You know that expression be careful what you wish for? 'Cause now he's getting in my workout area and touching my stuff. Yep, I had to use lower wts cause he was using mine, plus he only wanted to do chest tonight and back tomorrow. Not sure how long this working out together thing is gonna last. I'm trying to cleanout the basement anyway so then I can enlarge the wo space. So guess this is one of more reason to get going on it.
Cookie

Evening everyone,

It's meeting time again, except this time I don't have the satisfaction that Iris is potentially hanging out with DG......

Belinda: I love when you post your weights. It is so inspiring. Please keep doing so ;) Can't believe Iris said I have a french accent. I thought I'd mostly gotten rid of it....... Great that you had a nice weekend with family. Funny that you never took citizenship, but I understand. I would only do it if I could keep both at the moment too. But I have to wait a few more years. :rolleyes:

Lori: What, no work for you today ? Slacker! And no run above 12km? Slacking again! What are we going to have to do to make sure you take this thread seriously again :p

Iris: This turn in your life is so exciting. I'll have to look up Kathy Savage (blocked from work, I think because she poses in bikinis ;) ). That is so exciting and an awesome goal to work towards. You'll have to get the nutrition right, the workouts right. That will allow you to be a great source of info to potential clients because you look the part too with those guns showing already then they will listen. So cool. Too funny about the date of concern for your old job.

Deb: Too funny about Cookie's hair. You should see mine when it's humid. :eek: It doesn't get any more wild. At least I don't try to straighten it anymore, it really went crazy then with humidity. I hope your chicken didn't need flippers tonight. That BF calculator is the worst case scenario for me as well. :eek: But I like the fact that it goes by measurements.

Trish: Try to use the calendar and go check mark happy! It's totally motivating. We started the day camp as well. So now we have to prepare all the food for DS every day as well. A mom can't get a break can she. I'm going to be living it up if I ever am a grandma (as long as it's not too soon ;)) Enjoy your training at work.

Amelia: Rest day to me should mean no laundry or bathroom cleaning, but I know it's not the way it works out. Good job with your progress. Would you really part with your treadmill? I miss mine that broke down. Those CC workouts are so nice with a treadmill. And they are good to lose weight too. I though coach Sean was supposed to have some new ones sometime this year. Two movies :eek: wow you were living it up last night :p

Licia: Wolves :eek: Ok, I feel like a little kid, but they must be beautiful! It sounds like you live in a beautiful place. So since Lori wanted to know about you, it's only fair we tell you about us. I am 37, married and have two little ones DD is 3 and DS is 5. I work full-time and am also trying to find my girlie figure. I've done OK but I am really kicking it up a notch this summer. I joined an online contest. I posted picture of myself in a bathing suit on the internet :eek: and by god, it is not going to be for nothing! So, I am really watching what I eat and i am working out really hard. Maybe you could join me and push your eats to be clean and get your workouts in until the 5th of September. It will feel like the whole thread is burning this summer :eek:. Oh, and you catch on eventually to the D lingo with Iris. It took me a while :)

Cookie: Ah, the wonders of the disappearing posts. Why are they so aggravating? I am not surprised that B&G got you good. It's such a good one! Plus, it's another way to shock your system isn't it? Always do something different, and B&G is different from all the Meso leg workouts. Funny that your DH is cramping your workout style. How long are you going to put up with that? ;) Glad your hair is fun with the weather as well and that I'm not the only one affected by this.

As for me....... as I was coming down the stairs this morning, DD got up and it took a while for DH to shake a leg. So I didn't get my workout in before work because he said he needed help, garbage day, the kids and all that :( But I don't give up that easily. At lunch I went for 4 laps around the circle were I work. I came back all sweaty :eek: and then tonight, I dropped the kids off with DH at the pasta place and came home to get my workouts in. As added torture, I did Hiit 40/20 before disc 25. I was done for at the end. Love it!

OK, that's it for now, I think I'm caught up and I will see you in the morning. And yes, the meeting is still going on.

Good evening,

Helene - I didn't know you had a French accent :) I never felt a need to take the American citizenship:eek: My DH and kids are pushing it for me to take it, lol! Why don't you have an American citizenship? Even a few years ago (now you can keep both citizenships) if I would given up my German citizenship, I would have given up also my kids German citizenship.:confused: In order to get a German citizenship, on parent has to be German! That's the German law! Just because you were born and raised in Germany, doesn't make/or give you the German citizenship!!! Unlike in the United States! Now my kids are old enough to make their own decision.

Cookie I use ankle weights/weighted cloves and the one pound weights that goes in the ankle weights to go up in weights! That happened to me too, when DH worked out with me. I felt like I didn’t get a good enough workout in! Can he workout alone and you do your workout later?
Debbie – the German law changed in 2005, before 2005 you could only keep one citizenship! That’s why I always kept my German citizenship! Since the law changed a few years ago, I am considering it??? As long as I can keep my German citizenship, lol! I don’t wanna give it up, that’s who I am !LOL! I will study for the test soon! I have to ask the German government for permission first, it’s not that easy! It still would take a year! The German government has to approve first, than I can apply for the American citizenship! It’s complicated, I know! Put it’s the German law! That’s another thing, we don’t know where we wonna retire! If I would have giving up my citizenship, we couldn’t stay in Germany either. I would love to buy an apartment here, so DH and I can live 6 month in German and 6 month in the states? Hope the rain stopped long enough for you to BBQ the chicken?
Trish – your weights are impressive too! I just keep pushing myself harder and harder.LOL! Hope you get your workout in tomorrow! You doing great, girl! Keep it up! You done enough, realx!;)
Good night, girls! BB in the AM!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.