COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR JUNE 26, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Today is a rest day for me:) My legs are sooooo sore from yesterday's workout. I can hardley walk:confused: There is no way I get CCPP in with those sore legs today:confused: I will get my run in tomorrow;)

My sister and BIL are coming today, so I will not be around the forum a lot.

Have a great weekend and workout , everyone!

Good Morning!:)

Started off by sleeping in:eek: I had the alarm set for 6:15 and I didn't get up until 6:55. I knew if I didn't get up then I wouldn't get a run in. I have a b-day party to go to @ 4 and my SIL is having a party next door tonight. I have my coworker going on call for me but I only did it b/c my SIL told me to! LOL I really don't care to drink tonight, especially when I still have to work in the morning.

The dinner party was o.k. I was really ticked at DH before we went. The house needed to be tidied when I got home b/c we were both working all day, when I get home our friend that stays with us is back ( he is here for one night cause he is driving into the city today) so my dad leaves for the weekend and someone else comes in to fill is spot....then they eat and get up and leave everything!!! I was sooo mad! We were suppose to be outta here by 6:30....6:23 DH is still on the patio talking! I thought I was going to lose it! It had potential to be a very nasty fight but it ended up going the other way. Which makes me realize that at some point in time...there is a fight coming. We don't fight very often so it must be time!

O.k...I have to get my run in.I am going to catch up on personals when I get to work!!

Lori:)

'Morning!
Belinda, enjoy your ds and bil. Are they staying with you or will you be going out? Good thinking to rest the legs.
Lori, those dhs! Sure can get on our nerves can't they. When I ask mine to help straighten up before anyone comes over, he heads to a corner in the basement. Like anyone is getting down there! Did you get that run in?
Amelia, just wondering when it is you are hoping to meet the challenge on your ticker. Would it help you to think of reducing bf instead of wt? Did your mil do ok during the storm? Have you read Valerie Bertinelli's books? Borrowed her Finding It at the library last wk, and it was a fast one evening read. I find reading articles/stories that motivating.
Helene, wow you're doing great with the challenge. Two weeks and no cookies! And I mean none, 'cause with me there isn't just one as they used to say with Lay's potato chips. How long are those Turbo Fire workouts? Are they all hiit?
Deb, did you stay for the 10:30 class? Often we seem to have similar days! All my best made plans go for naught. Hey did you ever tell what you were going to do with your winnings?
Iris, another D! Loved Helene's ddddds. I do remember you mentioning this one, but that was a while ago. Hey, enjoy all the d's - why not. wonder if there is something you subconsciously do that makes them think you're not interested when you are - maybe you right about that thought that you're sort of protecting yourself from getting hurt by not getting so involved. I am so looking forward to the 9th....
Trish, glad you liked the second psychologist. That is so important. I should reread that end of overeating book again. Did you ever look at the Beck Diet Solution book? The cognitive thinking approach I believe can be really effective.
Catching up: Thurs was MM's Workout, yesterday was sc cb. Then dh decides he wants to try a Cathe wo, and do he chooses sh b/t, which meant I had to do it with him. He admitted he was surprised by how much he could feel the difference by doing those reps so slow. Believe it or not, he picked that one cause I described it as the one many say it is boring! He claiming no doms yet, but I wonder.
Think I'll do kpc and a walk today. Have a date with the dh this evening.
Cookie

Good Morning Ladies

I've decided on April '10 rotation, keep the heavy lifting going, I was really seeing results with that, I think I want to keep it going for one more month. So today is D25, Chest and Back.
I think I'm done with DN already......his lifestyle and my lifestyle don't match at all. :confused: Enough said.

So I can't believe it's my last day of work!! :D:( It's not really, though. I"m sure I'll be asked to work something by next week....lol

Belinda- Wow, so sorry about your legs. Nutso! LOL Enjoy your day with your family.;)

Lori- I dont' blame you for being pissed off..... Yeah that's the one thing about not fighting alot, when you actually DO it's nasty.

Amelia- Wow, what a day you had!! Is your MIL talking to you now? And did you get those storms? Nice workout!

Trish- Nice workout yesterday. :) Isn't it the last day of dance for you, today? Looks like the end of things for us today! ;)

Helene- Another nutso...........LOL :p Nice workout!

Soooo.....I joined my local community center (which has a pool!), and they do offer a couple step classes and yoga classes. But I'd like to start swimming again, so I paid a memebership, just ordered a swim cap and goggles, and why the heck not.

I've been toying with the idea of taking myself to the next level........ I either want to train for a triathlon, OR, a figure competition........I've really been thinking about doing one or the other, which is kind of stupid considering I just took on a whole new venture! But why not add to the stress??? Once you get to a certain level, who cares anyways? lol

BBL

Good morning everyone,

Belinda: Have fun with your rest day. Where can I get CCPP? I hope your legs are beat in a good way.

iris: Can't believe it's your last day. I was thinking, that our first workout together can be a run or yoga together. Either way, it will be fun. We can also do yoga with the kids in front of my wonderful trees. :D For the triathlon training I saw a forum member who did one recently, maybe you can contact her. I also saw one that did a body contest. So lots of knowledgeable cathletes around. I think they are very different goals and very different with the kinds of working out you would do. One would have more cardio, one would have more weights maybe.

Lori: I hope the fight is OK. I don't know if the fights are worse if they are rare. I actually think that they feel worse because they are rare, but they actually are not. I've seen people who fight all the time, and I actually think their fights are worse. When DH and I fight, it feels horrible but it's so rare. I often realize after wards that even that was not bad! Have fun with your parties today :D

Cookie: Great, so we are on for the 9th. Awesome job on the Cookies. Do you feel great or what? Isn't it cool, I bet you don't want to break that streak that you have been putting check marks on! Good job on your workout. At least your DH wants to do a Cathe workout......

Belinda and Trish: I finally made a new Calendar for you. I PM it right away.
I'll write how I use it later, but I bet you'll be able to figure it out. There are two versions. I left it as a word document so you can change it.

Hi to everyone else. Enjoy the weekend.

Well, I beat up my body in a good way last night with that workout. I have this strange feeling that I lifted and tightened everything this morning. I like it :eek:

For those who wanted to know. I do like the turbofire workouts. I had never done a workout from her and she does have a fun personality. So that is important to me. The intensity is good, though not as high as Cathe. I had to use weighed gloves to get my heart rate up there. And that did the trick. They are fast paced and dancy kickboxing based. A lot of fun and a nice change. The Hiit workouts are nice, but seriously, they are sooooo easy compared to Cathe's Hiit. With Cathe's Hiit, I am sucking wind in all three of them by the end. Who am I kidding, half way through. In the TF ones, I have to put my mind into it and really push it so that I can get my heart rate up where it is supposed to be. Sooooooo, it's good, it's intense, but they will still be a bit easier than the Cathe workouts. Mind you, I don't get my heartrate up with the Cathe kickboxing workouts either. So it's the same story.

OK, got to get a move on. Another busy weekend of mayhem with the kids ahead! :eek: Love it! And I have Cardio Fusion on tap for today, so wish me luck :eek:

Settling in at work. Its a nice day and Im stuck in here...but hey..there is no one under my feet!:D That's a big 'ole plus!!!:) Actually, the guy who works next door said he may come over for a visit this weekend:confused: He is a nice guy but talks about stuff Im not really interested in and in my down time I would like to get some studying done.

My run was little over 12 km long....40 sec shy of an hour. I took the dog as well. I had lots of energy, probably from the late meal last night. I think I need to drink lots of water today b/c my belly feels weird.

Belinda** I think those legs need a good rest if they are sore! LOL

Ameila** Good job on getting that workout in yesterday and not ordering the pizza:p

Cookie** I tell ya, they know how to push our buttons. I think he was pretty mad at me to! Funny how it gets turned around like that. He even tried to slam the door but failed! haha!

Iris** Well...that D story didn't last night.:) I am sure there will be another one soon!:D Yes...once your stressed out it doesn't matter, keep piling it on!:)

Helene** What time do you normally eat? DS is usually in bed by then. I like eating around 5:30 - 6, thats why I get ticked when we go to my MIL's and they eat around 7. Everything could be ready, but they are sitting around...sipping wine, no rush and they the 3 kids are usually whining cause they are hungry! Don't get me started!! LOL

I think that's personals for today. I am going to do some work, then do some reading!!

Good Morning, GOT DOMS? I do ;-)

Today is a cardio sometime. DH will be asleep for most of the day so i might jump on the treadmill when he wakes up and just do a run interval. I don't feel like doing anything really intense(*ahem* Cathe)

I stayed up late finishing up with my book and i kept hearing something in the living room? Movement then voices:confused: i got up to explore and found my son rummaging through his nintendo ds games and playing them. He thought i was asleep...he was busted. His face looked like this :eek:..lol

Belinda-Have a nice rest day and enjoy your time with your Sister and BIL. They must live in Germany!

Lori-Enjoy your run, hopefully the fight won't be too bad between you and your dh. we (dh and I) hardly every fight either but when we do...there bad.

Cookie-Have a nice time on your date tonight! Sounds fun! I want to reach my goal by the end of the year..thats pretty reasonable i think. I wish i could find a way to track BF like stepping on the scale. I've got a BF caliper and i don't like it, i don't think its very accurate. The weight comes off if i stick to my calories and my workouts...im just so impatient:( I feel like i have been dieting for 5yrs now(on and off) ugh

Helene-Nice workout yesterday!!! WTG!

Iris-I believe that we can do anything we put our minds too! Go for it girl...yeah, i hear ya on the stress level. When i first started losing weight i was going for my G.E.D then to school for that medical certification and i had two little ones on top of that. Maybe thats why my hair feel out? LOL. Oh and no, MIL isn't talking to me and wouldn't even answer the phone when DH tried to call her (she's childish) and we didn't really get a bad storm..just a few thunder showers....

Last edited:
Hi girls,

I had a rough couple of days DS had a relapse and we met with the therapist and she said he needs more intense help and must work a program. I was numb for 2 days but must deal with this and move on:( I'm not sure how, but I did manage to go to the gym and do the ellipitical.

Today I'm going to do MM, looking forward to it:)

Belinda - Enjoy your rest day and time with your family:)

Lori - Same here we don't fight a lot but when we do it's big and usually about the "kids". It's funny how many more parties there are during the summer:)

Cookie - I just finished reading Losing it and liked it I'll have to pick up Finding It but don't think I could finish it in a day:) Still haven't spent the $$$ thinking about Turbo Fire.

Iris - I'm gone for a couple of days and "DN" is out of the picture already. Well at least you know what you want:) good trait to have! Are you going to do sub work for your old job?

Helene - Wow, you did a lot of workouts Friday night . . . thanks for the review. It's funny if it wasn't for DH wanting to eat on a schedule, I would forget to eat and pick all day:confused:

Amelia - Sorry to hear about your MIL but hopefully DH could explain it to her. She probably doesn't realize how terrrible it would be to be stranded on the side of the road with 2 little ones.

Trish - Any plans for the weekend?

Have a great day:)

Hi Girls,

I am here alone, so I thought I would check in..even though weekends are kinda quiet.

I did an exam earlier today but when I clickd "submit" it booted me out of the website!:mad: When I logged back in, it says that my grade as been posted but I don't see it anywhere:mad: Ugh! Im sure its just a computer glitch but it would be nice to know what I got on the exam.

Helene** I wanted to order a pair of cathes weighted gloves but when I went to do it the cost of shipping was more then the gloves, so I backed out!:eek: DH always says he can get those kinds of things for me...but he never does! Another reason to fight I suppose! LOL

Ameila** Good job with the DOMS. The fight blew over, it didn't amount to anything b/c we had to go out. If we had to stay in it probably wouldn't have blowen over so fast. And on the other hand, we probably wouldn't have had the fight if we weren't going out b/c I wouldn't have cared that he was sitting on the patio drinking beer!

Deb** {{ HUGS }} Tough stuff!! I tell ya, kids are always a worry, no matter how old they are. I think as they get older it gets worse b/c they can get involved in so much. When I had DD people kept saying "this is the best time they are...b/c you know where they are". I was always confused by the beginning of the statement b/c how could this be the best time!? Missing sleep...nursing...poopy pampers...etc...but it makes sense.

O.k...Im gonna jet again. One more thing....I had a chat with my boss yesterday, mainly b/c DH spoke to him re: the hours we punch and so on. They were talking about my moodiness:confused: and how DH thought it was b/c of the call outs sometime. My boss brought it up and I told him that I think my moodiness is linked to the fact that my coworker makes more the I do and that I am trying to decide if I should wait it out, or look for something else. It felt good to just put it out there...even if nothing came of it. So he assured me that a raise was in my future and so on. But before he left for the day he told me that he was going to go to bat for me and see what he could do:D I am just glad its out there and it feels as if I weight as been lifted off of my shoulders!!!

BB in the a.m!

{{{Debbie}}} Im sorry :( I hope things work out for your DS. I hope your workouts help you feel better.

Lori-Great news about the possble raise in the near future...crossing my fingers for ya!

My workout is done. I power walked 3 miles on a 4% incline...took about 45mins. It was a good, steady workout.

have a great day:)

Hi all,

Still no workout to report. My schedule is never what I intend on the weekends. :rolleyes: Neighbor called over and wanted to know if we wanted to get in the pool with her. Well duh! Yeah, so workout will be sometime tonight.

Belinda and Trish: I couldn't sent the thing to you. Couldn't figure out how to send you an attachment in a private message. If you still want it, PM me your email addresses.

Deb: {{{Big Hugs}}} I am sorry that you are going through this. You are a wonderful caring mom. If you want to know anything else about turbofire, just ask me. I think the Cathe DVDs are a much better deal, but I am still waiting for the next pre-order......now that I have the entire library. I hope you are finding time to do some workouts to de-stress other than the elliptical at the gym.

Lori: Actually I think the way you brought up your raise issue is a great one! That was the perfect way to bring it up again. I am glad to hear that your boss is going to go to bat for you. At least you know where he stands. As for the eating, we are really bad with the kids and the schedule is not so fixed. They have their last snack at the daycare pretty late and they are usually not that hungry when they get home and would rather play outside with the little neighbors which we encourage.

Amelia: Nice workout. For the body fat monitor, I just thought I would mention the navy method. You can google it. That is what I am using to track mine with the BFFM challenge. All you need is a tape measure and plug in your numbers into the webpage. Then keep track of it. Mine is showing a change. Can't believe your MIL. It just seems weird to me that adults would behave that way. oh well.

Ugh, I feel like a nap :p no wonder, I spent 3 hours in the pool :eek:

This is a great thread. I really like that all of you are so supportive of each other!
I have just recently began doing Cathe's BB series workouts, and I love them!
I haven't been this excited about excercise since I first did P90X back in Dec. 2006.

Anyway, I don't know much about how this forum works, but this is the place that caught my attention while "lurking" I have recently recommitted to my goals of getting leaner.
Seems to me that working towards my goals and staying focused on them is a lot easier when I am excited about the challenge that awaits me:D

Licia

Hey Licia, Welcome to the thread! I love Cathe's BB series too...i don't have the newest ones but maybe one day i will. I've got p90x , Tony cracks me up...he's a character. Congrats on recommitting to your goals...Cathe can sure keep you challenged, She kicks my butt almost every day:D:p

I posted a video on my FB wall and its hilarious...when you guys get a chance, check it out. The kids are dancing to 'do the dinosaur' on Ice Age 2...

k, later gators

Howdy girls,

Sorry to do this again...but it's another drive by post for me. Rehearsal on Friday didn't wrap up until 10:00 and I'm just getting in after two shows today. I'm beat:mad:....but, I'M FREE UNTIL SEPTEMBER:eek:!!! Woohoo!! I don't know when dance became such a chore, but it felt that way these last few months. Anyway, no wo today, but hoping to fry my LB with B&G tomorrow. Will definitely catch up tomorrow. I ate pretty poorly today...fast food, yuck:confused:! But, it was just one meal and I've moved past it. On to tomorrow...

Welcome to the forum Licia - it's a great place to hang out...everyone is super supportive and very friendly. Hope you stay a while;)

TTYL

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Today was a rest day for me, I had a hard time taking it as I wanted to review/practice Step Blast. However, I know my body needs time out.

I have been feeling like I am pushing the limits with the weight workouts, but I am never sore after. Should I increase my weights?

Also, I have a hard time staying on track eating clean. I do not eat badly but I have a tough time being clean for more than a day or two...I will be really good then have dessert or?
Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Licia

Hey Licia, here is a link to todays thread. We post a new thread everyday :)
I love step blast and just recently learned it myself. I had it a few years back but never could get into it. About the clean eating...I'm afraid i can't offer any advice on that subject because i struggle with it too. But what i do is just eat the best i can when i can and try not to stress over it (notice i said try,LOL...) Maybe some of the girls can offer you more advice on that:eek:

ok...im off to todays thread:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.