Commit to get fit and lean for Jun 2, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning,

I am taking a rest day today, my legs are very sore!:p I will take a long walk + ab workout.

Amelia**what happened with your run yesterday? Are you drinking enough water? You still did good.If your 15 lb not challenging anymore, you need to go up in weight. Good for you. Do you have 10 or 5 lb ankle weights? Sometimes I need extra 1-5 pounds, they are cheaper than a new weights or Weight Mate or whatever you call them, lol!

Debbie** you probably stronger than you think, lol! I wouldn’t jump from 15 lb to 30 lb, that’s a big jump! Like I told Amelia, get some adjustable ankle weights, I only paid $12 for mine. I use mine as wrist weights, works perfect. I can’t find any 40 lb DB in our PX, this way at least I can go up in weight.

Lori** I always run alone; at least I get my workout in. My friends are on different workout levels, I am not going back. I had a friend a few months ago, she wanted to work out with me, I told no. If she really wants to work out, we have free classes, free membership for the gym. Or do a DVD if you really want to work out, but don’t hold me back on my workout, lol. I am to advanced to go to the beginner level. If she needed a few pointer, I didn’t mind telling her. She couldn’t keep up with me anyway, no kidding. I tried to workout with friends and it never worked out. Great job with your run. You need to finish your rotation! LOL!

Trish** good for you keeping up with your workouts! Your attic must be clean? LOL! I am still not 100%, I am still have a runny/stuffed nose. On June 11, I will see an ENT doctor in Landstuhl. I am still spitting up blood. The doctors gave me the green light; I am still taking it easy. LOL!So far I have no problems.

I will be back!

See ya later!

Good Morning Ladies:)

We are up and on the go! Yelling...barking....cleaning...you name it;)

I have a run planned for today and thats it. Im not sure what we will do this afternoon b/c its suppose to rain. My afternoons are usually spent outside.

Belinda** I wouldn't be able to run with this girl all the time. I probably couldn't have walked fast and kept up with her. I felt bad so I lightly jogged, all the while she was getting very winded. Poor thing. You don't realize how out of shape people are until you do something with them.
Now me and my running partner are on the same page. I am a little bit faster then her without the stroller but when I take DS we are the same speed. If she was bringing me down I would have to ditch her:p so I can see where you are coming from. I spent way to long getting my speed up and I don't want to go back!

I will bbl!

Lori:)

Morning

Im pooped today,my DD kept waking me up last night. She had bad dreams....poor thing. I would also wake up due to my allergies,I ran out zyrtec saturday....guess i need to get some more:rolleyes:

My plan today is to do 4DS something:confused: then a cardio. If my energy doesn't pick up i may take a rest day;) I woke up with another headache,urrrrrrrrrrrrr

Belinda-Im not sure what happened w/my run yesterday? I usually get in about 95ounzes of water a day so i don't think it was that. How do you use ankle weights to up your weight....do you wrap it around the dumbell? Enjoy your walk and abb work today

Lori-oh i hate it when i can't find the usb cord to my mp3 player....so frustrating,where you able to find your yet? have a great run later.

Trish-Great job on your workouts lately...enjoy MM today!

Debbie-I know what you mean...its like were just drawn to all the weights and exercise stuff and we have to have it(even if were not quite ready for them yet:rolleyes:)im so bad... I will go and just sit and stare at the ellipticals and spin bikes at my local department store:eek: My plan is to buy one 20lb DB this weekend then one the next weekend.

Cookie-How have you been? What workout do you have planned today?

Sass-you still with us? Are you sore from B&G's yesterday?

ok...later gators:cool:

Hi,

I already did my walk this morning, I walked for 60 min. I still have to work abs! I am coloring my hair with Herbal Hair Coloring cream. Can’t wait to see what that’s gonna looks like, LOL!

Amelia I use the ankle weights the same way you would with use wrist weights. Works perfectly, the best part it doesn’t cost as much as Plate Mates or whatever you call them, lol! I use my ankle weights every day.

Lori have fun with your run. At least your running partner isn’t holing you back. All my friends just starting out and the worst part they wanna talk more than they work out. I wanna get my workout in and we can chat, lol!

H to everyone that follows:eek:

WTG on your walk this morning Belinda!!! Let us know how your hair turns out...i will highlight my hair twice a year. I think i buy the Revlon highlights. Never tried herbal essence....

Good Idea about the ankle weights on the arms....i will try that if i workout today.

Elizabeth(dd) got bit by some kind of insect over the weekend on her chest and now its got a red circle around it with a red streak running off to one side:confused: i had to control my 'easy-to-freak-out" problem this morning so i wouldn't scare her but it looks pretty bad. She has an appt with the doctor this evening. Probably an infection...sigh.:(

Morning Ladies!

I had a horrible night's sleep last night...up from 1:00ish to 4:00ish and then the alarm goes off at 4:30!!! So, what did I do?? Roll over and go back to sleep?? No ma'am! I got up like a good lil' catheite and did my MM wo on no sleep! I am still trying to recover my determination/drive that I lost when our schedules changed at home, so I had no choice but to get up. I kicked butt through the whole wo.

So.....

Belinda - Good job on your walk today...what ab work are you going to do? Oh man, you are so patient with your recovery. That would be driving me up the wall by now. So, what color are you applying? Something new and exciting?:)

Lori - Enjoy your run today...and the cleaning, barking, etc:)

Amelia - Ewww...waking up with a headache bites! I hope it is not one of those that lingers all day:confused: How was DD today? I hope her doctor's appt goes well and there is no infection.

Hellos to Deb, Cookie and Sass! BBL

Evening!
I was doing up a novella last night, and almost done when we lost power. Oh I couldn't believe it. Then there was internet when I first got home, but now it's back. Very strange.
Belinda, you're still spitting up blood? Glad you're seeing the dr next wk Hopefully, he can get you completely back on track. I'm with you on exercising by myself instead of friends. I have one friend I can walk or run with, but that's it. The rest are more talk than walk.
Amelia, I wish I could remember to drink my water like you do. I need it, especially with this bad allergy season. Did you get more pills? What did the dr say about your dd's insect bite? Like your plan of getting one weight this week and the other the following. I tried the ankle weight, but I must have larger ankles than wrists, 'cause it isn't working.
Lori, ITA about running with friends. It must be hard to find someone to keep up with you. Is your dd still grounded?
Trish, I worked on moving my wo stuff to the basement - so it is sort of like you with the attic. Was my dh's idea, and at first I was resistant, but so far I like it. I have more space to exercise and don't need an airconditioner. Right now I'm using my laptop for the dvds. Have a tv I can use, but am debating whether to splurge for a five-changer dvd player. Then I could do Aquajock's mishmashes easier - only there is nothing easy about her workouts.
Sass, welcome. It's great of you to join us. Belinda is the queen of band workouts; perhaps she can suggest some for your trip.
Deb, where are you? It's not like to not check in. Hope all is okay? How's the hunt for a new gym coming along? The cotillion was fun - mostly for looking at the clothes and hair. Gosh, those things are expensive. Glad my dd's not doing one.
Embarrassed the dd pretty good today. We have the mechanic's loaner car with the big magnetic signs on the doors advertising his business. She was mortified that her classmates saw her get out of it for school and then back in again in the afternoon. It only got worse. She had to accompany me to a workshop at a school on a four-lane busy street. I opened the back passenger door to take out the crate containing the materials for the workshop, when the bottom of it dropped out and everything in it went rolling all over the four lanes! Cars were swerving and beeping to avoid the goods. If only I had been in a sitcom, it would have been funny.
Did sts 2 back and tris. Don't have to stop and pause the dvd player this second time thru, have it down on how to organize myself first. Have a very long day tomorrow so not sure if I'll be able to check in. Hope so.
Sleep well,
Cookie

Good night girls,

I went to go check in this morning and was started sweating for no reason. The last 2 nights, I have been waking up and not able to fall back asleep. I really think I am going through the changes:( It only happens occasionally and the week before my period. I also losing patience with everyone. I need to find some natural products, I can take. . . any suggestions?

I must say exercising does help. I took a kickboxing class and a flex ball class and felt better. I was tired for work though:)

Belinda - Thanks for the great idea about the ankle weight, I will try that:) I thought today was a rest day for you:confused: What color are you trying?

Lori - I noticed the other day you really kicked it up with running and walking with so little sleep too:)

Amelia - I hope you dd is ok, when my son had the red bull's eye it turned out to be Lymne disease. Let us know how it goes.

Trish - Way to go getting in a workout with so little sleep. I think I would have rolled over:eek:

Cookie - I have been listening to everyone's input about the area gyms they have visited. One of them seems like it is similar to my current gym (as far as classes). I'm signed up at NYSC till 6/30 and then need to make a decision. Funny story about DD, I love to :eek: my boys LOL. I notice you started STS again.

Sass - Hi and welcome!

Good night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.