COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR JULY 9, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

SORRY, I have no time for personals.:( My son is keeping me busy:confused: with home cooking. By the time I am done in the kitchen, I am to tired for anything else. It's still around 96/98', with no AC! I didn't do my workout until 7:30 pm, it;s to hot during the day. I almost skipped it, glad I didn't.

I did the wrong workout anyway:rolleyes: The rotation called for Shock Cardio… Circuit Blast (Cardio Only Premix) Plus Heavy Bag Bonus Workout (Total time 42 min)! I did SC Cardio Core Circiut " cardio only" 43 min. plus Heavy Bag Bonus workout. I ended up doing cardio for 60 min. insted of 43 min.:mad: I read the rotation wrong:mad::confused:

You gugs rock your workouts. Keep it up!

Today is M1 D12 (legs)!

I will be back to report my workout. I will take my son shopping later. Not sure when I will be back. Oh, he is staying unitl Aug 28:eek:

Have a great day and workout.

I am done with STS M1 Disc 12 – Legs

Workout:

Squats ( 16 reps) + DB Plie Squats ( 16 reps) 15#
4 Point alternating Lunge (ft/45/SD/BK) (body weight)
Firewalkers (band)
One Leg Elevated Lunges 23#, 6 reps
Leg curls 55#, 15 reps
Front Lunge Same Leg (BB) 70#, 15 reps
Squats (BB) 70#, 16 reps
Calf Raises (BB) 70#, 16 reps
Leg Press (dumbbell, High Step) 22#/15 reps
One Leg Slide Back Lunges with Paper Plate (dumbbell) 18# , 16 reps
Side Slide Lunges with Paper Plate 18#, 16 reps
Leg Curls 45#, 15 reps
Wall Squats Double Leg (DB) 15#, 8 reps
Lateral Step Ups (dumbbell) 23#, 15 reps
One Leg Sit N Stands 15#, 15 reps
Squats Narrow Stance (BB) 70 #, 15 rep
Calf Raises (BB) 70 #, 15 reps
Leg Curls 45# , 15 reps
Static Low End Lunge Same Leg 3/1 Count B 55#, 12, reps
One Leg Sit N Slide with Paper Plate 15 #, 15 reps
Calf Raises (BB) 55 #, 34 rpes

Bonus workout:

Outer Thigh Lift on Stability Ball, 32 reps
Hamstring Roll Ins 16 reps
One leg Hamstring Roll Ins 8 reps
Frog Style Roll Ins 16 reps
Inner Thigh Squeeze (seated with ball between knee 16 reps
Glute Squeeze 32 reps

That's it for today! My legs are fried. I am done with M1;)

Have a great workout and day, everyone!

Good Morning Ladies

Yeah I think I'm just so beat....:( I'm having such a hard time waking up in the morning, and I don't know if it's stress, the new diet, or both combined.
I'll work out this morning, just dont' know if I'll do GS Chest/Tri's or hop back on the treadmill. I need to get to the DMV at some point before next week, stupid eye exam before my license expires. :mad: DC's up in Lake George again with his son, and I dont see any clients today. I'll go in for a couple of hours, go to lunch with a friend, and then into otb tonight. My (ex) boss quit (walked out) on Monday, and they called me desperate...and I could use it....and my parents decided to ditch town anyways for a few days.

As far as DC goes.....I'm not only his personal trainer, but his manager, and part owner. *sigh*...it's just too much. I mean it's GREAT...who gets this kind of opportunity???? The problem with all of this, is that neither one of us know "how" that works...LOL He wants my investment as "part owner" to be time, but then he talks about how I should still work for awhile (which is FINE) but I need to know WHEN and HOW MUCH I can....his thoughts are just so damn scattered, that I got a little upset with him a couple of days ago.....not upset, just frustrated a little. Because THEN he threw out that as far as PT goes, that I would still be considered an Independant Contractor......well that really threw me, so the next day I brought in my proof of insurance and printed out the IC contract, and I decided to point out the fact that that contract pretty much tells me that I dont HAVE to bartend as a second job, I can further my career and train elsewhere should I choose to do so. He didnt' like that.... At all. I wouldnt' have played that card like I did if he hadn't just said 2 weeks ago about bringing me on as an Employee because even though I was "part owner" I should still get compensated (somewhat) for the time I put in that I'm not training. But he seemed to go back on that too ( well not anymore). The point is (and I had to tell him) that I needed at least some KIND of direction, because I still needed to LIVE. lol So if I needed to go back to work full time it wouldnt' be a problem. He didnt like that idea either.... *sigh* So needless to say, I'm goign to work when I can (not worried about that part!), and I'll have a small salary (which is fine! I'm the least greedy person in the world, just want to make sure I can afford good food for myself and a roof over my head!) and I'll work 2 days (average) @ the tele, whichever I choose as long as I let him know. He says eventually he wants to see it where I make my living there and only there, through a combo of the business and of course PT. So that's it in a nutshell...Are we happy now ladies?? LOL :p:p

OH....and I haven't heard from DG.......:rolleyes: WhatEVER.

Dang....I'll bbl for personals this afternoon.......gotta jet. :(

Morning ladies,

Really quick...... time to go to work already. Ended up doing M2D22 last night. Man my shoulders are still on fire. When she says "that bites" at one point, I was like "well no s&^%%!" LOL

Belinda: Enjoy your son and drink lots of water during the workouts. What rotation are you doing again? Something plus STS?

Licia: Sounds good on the goals. Awesome, let's see where we can all get to by September 5th. You live in a beautiful area!

Cookie: ^5 on the challenge. Yes I can tell you feel proud. That's fantastic. Too funny your DH and the bed/couch.

Trish: Hope DD is better today :( Is this your youngest one? I hate it when the Doc says to just come back later if symptoms don't go away.

Amelia: Hope the pool is looking good today. We are still roasting up here.

Lori: about the revolving door at my house, I should just incorporate as a long stay B&B. This time it's my FIL and he is coming with his great niece, that would make her my DH's cousin's DD. Got that? I barely can. She's 16 and wants to come and learn some english. I made sure she understood that this is not going to be that much fun. Sigh... I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot when I agreed to this one.

Iris: Thanks for the details. :confused: on it though. No wonder you are stressed. Are you working at otb this weekend then? Might be time for some tree therapy. You can still come over even if we don't BBQ. I am thinking of going to yoga in cohoes tomorrow morning at 9am. If you are interested....

Deb: How is your hip doing? Did you ever go see a Dr? It's going to be another hoooooot day. It kind of makes me not want to move to FL any more. :)

Not sure what workout will be today. I am sore from last night and I think I will have some serious shoulder DOMS tomorrow.

OK......off to work.

Morning!
Belinda, are you shopping for more food? Those young men can sure eat, can't they? Maybe you should give him some cooking lessons - tell him girls like guys who can cook. You're such an overachiever doing more than you're supposed to. Congrats on finishing Meso 1 with those wts.
Iris, don't you just want to strangle him? Or kick, punch, crunch him? Do you think it is more he's concerned about the economy or just not ready to make a commitment on anything (getting fit, your role, where he's to be, ...)? Stress can really take a huge toll, and you've got a lot going on, please take care. Since your mom is away, I'll ask: do you think this is the time to be on the diet?
Helene, hope you get along well with your fil. Have you met this cousin before? My dd is 16 1/2, can't forget the half, so if she wants a companion to do something with sometime let me know. Don't mean to brag, and it could because she's adopted, but she really is a very nice person. Other people say it all the time to me, so it's not just her mom who says it. Did you say that outloud to Cathe, cause I sure have, but she just ignores me and my comments, particulary the ones where I tell her I hate her.
Trish, how's your dd's fever? Did they check her blood levels for an infection? I hate it when little ones are sick and you just wait and wait to find out what it is. Good thinking to take it easy on yourself - you've been going like crazy.
Amelia, hoping for crystal clear today. What's the plan for today?
Licia, you sure spend a lot of time driving. So what beach is 3.5 hrs away? Do you have relatives closer to you?
Deb, well I do go to OBX every summer - does that count? Can't wait, have my countdown calendar going for it. It's the week after rt. Since you like spinning so much, I was wondering if you follow the Tour de France? This year it is almost like a novel with all the drama.
Doing work from home today cause dd's driver's ed requires a chauffer to get her back and forth. Crazy, huh? Life in the country. Anyway I plan on squeezing in SJP/SB premix at some point today. Last night I rolled over and must have pulled hard on my shoulder cause I jerked wide awake and couldn't go back to sleep. So man, am I dragging now.
Cookie

Lori, sorry! Right after I clicked I realized I didn't ask how things are with you. So how are they? Running 15k and biking 20k?
Cookie

Morning girls

Yesterdays workout was NYC upper body premix + yoga then i walked the dog in the evening for about 25mins.

Not sure what today is, im pretty tired...might take a rest day. Haven't had one this week:)

Iris-{{Hugs}}Sorry everything is so crazy right now:(

Cookie, I hope your shoulder is ok. Have a good workout today w/SJP. Was it you from yesterdays thread that asked if i workout in the pool? DH and I will run around and make a whirlpool and man that gets my legs burning..its fun for the kids too. I miss my pool :( All the white particles(dead algae i guess?) are settling to the bottom and we hope to vacuum them up today. And if that doesn't work i will drain the D*&$ thing:mad:

Helene-Nice job on your workout today!

Belinda-Nice job on your workout too!

Hello to Lori, Trish,Debbie and Licia...anyone I missed.

Just a quick check-in.
Last night I only got in 15 min on elliptical. It was just too dang hot in here with no AC.
Today is SS, and when I get to the beach it will be a LONG walk/run.

I am hoping that I didn't take on too much with this challenge, but it is something that I have been telling myself I would do for a long time, that and eat better.

I will be back early tomorrow to catch up.

Licia
p.s. How do I create a cool signature??

Hi girls,

I'm heading to work in a few, decided to make a good breakfast peppers, egg & piece of rye toast. Also, I'm packing a healthy lunch & shake so I don't eat crap today:) So, I will have to get my workout in tonight.

Here's something interesting I went for an eye exam the other day and she gave a prescription for far-sighted but said I could wait since my eyes are just starting to need assistance. Anyway I was surprised at the advice she gave me: make sure I drink green tea, eat green leafy vegetables & wear sunglasses. This is why I like woman doctors, they seem to touch on things men don't care about:D

Belinda - It must be tough cooking & eating with the temps so high. Great workout you got in today. Is the gym air-conditioned?

Iris - It sounds like a very stressful situation with DC, but it does look like your on top of things . . . he needs you. It's probably going to be weird going back to OTB tonight . . . hopefully it will be fun:)

Helene - The Dr. wants me to rest my hip and take prescription anti-inflamatory medicine when it hurts. So, since I'm taking it easy I haven't needed the meds:confused: but I'll push more next week. You must need a calendar to know who's coming. It's a good thing you don't live in FL you would have even more visitors:eek:

Cookie - Do you prefer to work from home? Sorry about your shoulder:( Actually I don't follow the Tour de France, but can't help but hearing about LeBron. The Cleveland coach wrote him some letter.

Amelia - I hope the vacuuming works for you today. It must be hard telling the little froggies they can't go swimming.

Licia - Mt. Rainer is beautiful. Are there a lot of tourists this time of year?

Lori - So are you running or biking today or both?

Trish - Sorry DD is still under the weather:( Did you stay home again today? Sometimes it's harder to get workouts done when your routine is interrupted.

Have a great day:)

Good Afternoon Ladies....

Ok time to catch up on some personals! First of all, I came home early...I have such a sour stomach today!! I have felt so pukey all day...:(:mad: And of course I'm working tonight as well.

Belinda- How are you surviving with no AC?? And cooking in a hot kitchen on top of it?? And speaking of....it's about dang time you started cooking for me again. :eek: What's for dinner?

Lori- Ok my advice to you .....already....is that when the books stress that everyone is different, and every program will differ...ITS TRUE.... And talking about running, since youre the expert, I'm sure you've noticed that roads that you drive on SEEM flat....but they're really NOT. lol Outside for the first time the other day, and I'm like "damn this is steep!" LOL

Amelia- Now that my parents are back in town, I will consult my father tomorrow....we've had the above ground for 20 years...and some years opening it were better than others. This year, it took a few weeks to get it to where they wanted it. I know my dad would be out there for a couple hours at a time (it's WHAT he was doing I'llhave to find out!) I'd hate to see you close it down! It kind of brings me back when we got the pool....I was your kids age (well...10), and my parents were young and did a lot of trial and error I'm sure!

Licia- Tomorrow is my first check in with CS. (a little easier than BFFM which I couldnt keep up with everyday!). Im curious as to what they come back with based on the struggles I've had. And I know what you mean about taking on too much!! But lets see where we can take this thing doing what we can, when we can! ;) I feel like you're kinda like me....all or nuthin'! (which of course ends up getting us stressed out...lol)

Trish- Don't you love it?? They don't want to treat anything until you HAVE to treat it. Like last year....my mom was running a slight fever and tired....was told to "monitor" it, and 3 days later was in the hospital with Pneumonia....go figure. I'm surprised they said that being that she's a kid and it's been a couple of days and it hasnt' come down.

Deb- Wow...what awesome advice from your eye doctor....she's a keeper! Yeah as as far as DC goes...we need each other! We compliment each other well, we really do, even though we're polar opposites. I look forward to seeing him and training him, even though he drives me nuts.

Cookie- Yeah the diet/nerves/heat/job is getting to me. I feel very overwhelmed. I've cried every morning....and then seriously, no joke, I'm FINE the rest of the day and take it all in stride. I dont' think it's DC not wanting to make a commitment.....I think he has so many thoughts because it's unfamiliar territory. He locked me in with him when he asked me to be part owner with him, if that's not a commitment I dont' know what is!! When he came to me with that a couple of weeks ago, I felt like he asked me to marry him.........I didnt know what to say! As aggravating as this week has been, we know we get along so well and want the same things in the end. How did you manage Imax 2 in this heat/humidity?? No wonder you were a hot mess!!! :eek: I'm surprised you're not outside right now doign MIC...LOL (gotta poke fun at ya!) Ohh wait...you're doing SJP today...just cardio? How's the shoulder now? I'm so disappointed we're not hanging out tonight....:(

Helene- Yes to yoga if you still want to go! Yes to Tree Therapy soon! lmao @ "No sh*(&" to Cathe. I've done that on more than ten occasions! I'm jealous of your shoulder doms. I feel like I only get them in Chest/Tri's......and bad too. You know when I feel Biceps?? After abundous hammer curls...such as PUB.

Ok ladies...I think I'm all caught up...off to do some studying...I got an email from another prospective client today :D But now I have a diabetes case.........

Quick checkin! I am at work...where I have been since 7 a.m. I got out for another run last night, did 12 km which made over 17 for yesterday. I don't like going for runs in the evening when I am on call but if there isn't anything on the go tonight, I may go for a run. Its to hot right now...its crazy! Our weather can go from cold to hot in a minute!

Anyway... I will bbl with personals! Im going home now...the advantage of coming in at 7!

Lori:)

Hey girls, just sippin on my evening coffee...checking in.

No workout for me today, felt good!

So, quick update on the pool. The vacuum didn't work:rolleyes:. You guys should of seen us out there getting mad...lol. DH wants to give it one more try before we drain it...he tested the water again and added more chemicals. We read that sun exposure will evaporate the chemicals. We went to walmart and got a start up kit for above ground pools( something we should have bought to begin with) it comes with a few chemicals and a pool guide(for dummies,lol) so when we drain it we can start fresh. sigh, blah, blah, blah is what i feel like saying right now about it;) I don't want to see my water bill in aug.:eek: our water bill runs every two months so the next bill will have both fill-ups on it. I've considered taking the pool back...im SO DONE.

Iris-Would love to hear your dads suggestions. We don't want to drain it :( the pool holds approx. 5,000 gallons of water if that helps...

Debbie- Green tea seems to be good for everything! I drink chamomile tea, wonder if that counts?

Licia-About the signature, go to your user CP at the top/left of your screen and you can edit your sig. from there! Enjoy your long walk...sounds lovely!

Lorie-have a great run today.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.