COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR JULY 12, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Hope you had a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

Today starts my recovery week:) Not sure what I will do today?

I plan on taking a spinning class at the gym tomorrow, it's FREE!

My bike gets delivered today:D can't wait!

Have a great Monday and workout. I will be back to report my workout;)

Hallo again,

I just did Travel Fit! Never done it before, thought I give it a try. I plan on doing yoga later.

Have a great day, everyone!

Morning,

Belinda: Too funny that you are taking a spinning class before getting your bike! Glad that DS is appreciative of his mama's cooking.

Amelia: I didn't have time to post but I totally support your decision for the sleepovers. I never had any when I grew up and I didn't miss them. I wouldn't let mine have sleepovers unless I really knew the person as well. And yes, we are going to fight it until the end (scale, weight and whatever else). And we will succeed too!

Lori: You take the fewest rest days out of anyone I know that's for sure. Except for the one week after your marathon.

Iris: Did you have fun yesterday? Oh and by the way. DG is not nice and only talks to you when he wants to come over. Might be time to stop answering the phone or block it ..... if he ever calls again that is.

Trish: That just is not right. I hope they can figure out what is wrong with your DD. Is she complaining about anything else? At least you have the training from home which will make it easier to keep her in. Keep us posted.

Deb: Hope you are doing well and had a nice weekend. How is the hip?

Licia: I think that is a great goal to get the nutrition in place right. I use myfitnesspal to track everything I eat (it's free). I just don't log my workouts in there because then they tell me I can eat more. LOL. I think cheese pizza is fine..... if it's just a slice here or there. Glad the beach was such a nice time for you.

Cookie: has it been busy for you again?

OK, I am going to try and do something in the basement. I'm thinking just the warmup from LM and the blast segment. Should just take me 30 minutes and get me going for the day.

Have a great day everyone and let's get this week started!

Good Morning Ladies

Today I will run (later, though). Going to the gym early, then a doc appointment with my mom. We'll find out today if she is to go back on chemo again. :( But yesterday was so much fun! We went on a cruise...and THEN I did go parasailing! They wouldn't let me go alone (neither one of my parents would go , in fact they weren't even thrilled with watching me! lol) , but there was this other family there, and they were so nice, that they split themselves up so I could go too...how nice was that???? And then to top it all off, had an awesome Grilled Salmon Salad @ the Boathouse restaurant. But, I did treat myself to not only a glass of wine, but a Nutty Irishmen for an after dinner drink. :eek: I'm a litte burnt today..didn't even occur to me to bring sunscreen. :confused:

Ohhhh..and no...yesterday wasn't my birthday, tomorrow is. But I know I'll work tomorrow! In fact...it might be a long day tomorrow......which is fine, that's why we celebrated yesterday with the family. :)

Ok ladies..I need to make a mad dash this morning...I'll bbl with personals!!!

Good Morning!:)

Had a good sleep last night, I could have slept for longer though. DS decided it was time to start our day. Its weird here cause there is just the two of us. Last night when I got off of work, I picked up a sub and went to my running partners house with it and I hung out there until 8'ish or so. I would have came home if there was anything for me to do but the house was pretty tidy and I couldn't workout b/c I was on call.

My back is so sore this morning. I couldn't figure out why at first but I think its b/c of 4ds kickboxing. I haven't done boxing in forever and I put my ankle weights on in the beginning but had to take them off b/c my bics were to sore from the workout the day before. I didn't do anything else to make my back sore.

We were planning on going for a run but it is POURING outside. I don't even know what we will do today. I should have picked up some supplies and made some bread. Maybe I will do that after lunch. I will work out soon but I don't know what I am doing. If DS cooperates I will probably get on the TM for a while for some hills and intervals and then maybe 40/20. I would also like to do a leg workout but I don't want to push it.

I am suppose to be having a few girls over for hot tub night, I am looking forward to it. Just hope the rain goes away and DS goes to bed at a sensible time. I can't even wear him out outside ( I try to wear him out)

Belinda** How did you like travel fit? I didn't buy that one. I only bought the 4 that appealed to me and I only ever do 2 of those! LOL

Ameila** Good call with DD. Wait until she is a little older and then when she is uncomfortable somewhere she will just call home...on her call phone! LOL:p

Iris** Sounds like you had an awesome day yesterday. I am keeping my fingers crossed that your mom gets good news!!

Helene** Nice workout yesterday! I do love STS...just don't have to time anymore. I have been concentrating on working UB more so, Of course my legs will eventually get use to all this running and resistance training will have to become a priority. I can go 2 weeks without working the LB...just hate it soooo much! LOL

Trish** How is DD feeling today? That was a long time to go without medicine. Hopefully everything is o.k.

Licia** Glad to hear you had a nice weekend!

I think that catches me up with personals!!! I will bbl!

Lori:)

Lori - glad you got a good night sleep. Sounds like you worked your back good, lol! Have fun with your run and weight workout today. I thought TF was a good workout, I was sweating. Maybe it was the heat For what ever reason, those green band will not give that made it tough! My HR didn't go up once I only burned 134 cal. not a huge cal burner. Got a good burn in my tricpes & shoulders! Which 4 DVD’s did you get? Which ones are you doing out of the 4? Have fun with the girls tonight.

Iris – keeping my fingers crossed too! Glad you had fun yesterday. Enjoy your run today. Any plans for tomorrow?

Helene – I took spinning classes a loooong time ago (when it first came out), I really enjoyed it. Since it’s my recovery week, I figured why not? It’s free. Still waiting for my bike!

I will be back later! Maybe my son can help me to download my pic from last Sunday;) Since the World Cup is over, thank goodness!:eek:

Hi girls,

I didn't get a workout in yesterday because I started cleaning out my attic and DS's rooms and before I knew it, it was dinner time. I did manage to get in 10,000 steps yesterday so hopefully in counts for something:confused: I off to do CC at the gym and try to run on the TM otherwise I'll switch to the ellipitcal.

Belinda - I'm excited to see how you like spin class. At our gym spin is free with our membership.

Helene - I guess today will be the test for my hip:) You have been really good with getting in your workouts.

Iris - I'll be thinking of you and your Mom and wishing for the best. It sounds like you had a great day yesterday:) I don't blame your parents for not wanting to watch (I'm afraid of heights) but it must have been awesome!

Lori - It sounds like your filling your time when DH is gone. Is DD gone too? Will you be taking DS on your runs?

Amelia - I think you did the right thing with DD and went with your gut. When my boys were growing up, I was the same way and I know some parents didn't understand.

Trish - Enjoy working from home this week:) So what is the best part not commuting or wearing what you want:D At least you'll be able to stay with DD too.

Licia - It sounds like you had a lot of fun at the beach this weekend:)

Cookie - How was your weekend?

Have a great day:)

Lori - I was just watching Regis & Kelly show and looks like there on location at Prince Edward Island . . . Is that near you? If so it's beautiful and the seafood sounds delicious:)

Good Morning

My hamstring is feeling pretty good day. I wasn't expecting it to feel better so i guess all my therapy on it yesterday did work.

Today will be 4ds weights then some yoga. Im sure i will walk the dog again tonight. I got in a 35min power walk last night and burned 200 cals..pretty good.

Belinda-Enjoy your rest week! Nice job on travel fit today. Excited for you on your new bicycle! Yay!!

Helene-Sounds like a good workout planned for today!!

Lori- wtg on the back doms! KB makes my back sore too. Have a good time tonight!

Debbie-Have a great workout at the gym. I bet you burned a lot of calories yesterday cleaning out your attic & DS room.

Iris-Your mom is in my thoughts today, hope she has some good news from her doctor! So happy to hear you had a fun day yesterday..

Hello to Cookie,Trish, Licia and anyone i missed.

I will bbl

Morning! Quick check in - came back home to take dd to get a shot she needs to volunteer at a head start center.
Beinda, did you watch the WC? So exciting!
Trish, how is your dd? Is she why you're working from home? I have to go back and read the weekend's threads.
Iris, sending good vibes for you and your mom. Hope it is good news. You are so brave with parasailing.
Amelia, glad your back is ok. When I first started using wts w/kickboxing my back bothered me. do you think that was it?
Licia, how was the beach?
Lori, did the hot tub evening with the ladies involve beverages? I'm sure your lower body gets quite a wo with your running. DS sounds like he has lots of energy.
Deb, got your pm. Don't you love cleaning out? I'm totally organizing my basement and office this summer. Threw out a lot of stuff, now have to sort the ton that is still there.
Helene, you are keeping us all in line with this challenge - thanks! The no cookie pledge really is working for me. Did you go to GE last evening?
Have two afternoon mtgs but now can't check into work email to see if they are still going on.... urghhhh satelitte internet is horrible.
Cookie

Cookie: We ended up going to GE on Saturday instead. Stayed in the lazy river with DS. It was fun. Yesterday we went to a town pool and it was nice too. Crazy week ahead again for me :)

Amelia: Glad your hamstring is feeling better. I hope you get what you want done today.

Deb: I hope your hip is fit for hip hop and Hiit. :eek: Kinda of sounded good to me. Maybe it's just me.....:rolleyes: Any news on if you got in to the RT yet?

Lori: Wish I could come over and hand out in the tub tonight. I have lower body DOMS. I ended up doing SH legs yesterday on top of Plyo. :eek:

Iris: I hope we get good news about your mom. Keep us posted and remember to breathe deep. It really does make you feel better.

Belinda: Thanks for the update on travel fit. I hate that green band. I've been reaching for the pink one lately on the rare occasions I have to pull it out.

Licia: Hope your number crunching went well :)

.....back to work.

Evening!
Belinda, how's the heat today? So what are you cooking for your DS and DH? I used the crockpot today to avoid heating up the house. A few porkchops with a lot of mixed veggies; only DD calls it veggies with a couple nibbles of meat thrown in.
Lori, are you keeping track of your mileage? Wonder what your total for the year to date is and what you hope to get for the end of year. Hey, that could be your challenge.
Amelia, how's the pool today? While the chemistry and upkeep of a pool can be aggravating, I bet your froggies enjoy having it. Its strange that the last few weeks I've had twinges at times in my left hamstring. At no other time in my whole life have I ever had them bother me. Hope the yoga and stretching helped.
Trish, how's your dd? do you need a second opinion? How come you get to do your training at home? I never had such a opportunity and am very jealous. Never saw that movie but watched Sherlock Holmes last night. Didn't care for it at all.
Iris, happy birthday. When are we celebrating? So how many clients are you up to now?
Licia, this challenge not to eat cookies has really been good at me eating better overall. I finally realized the junk I ate was cookies, not really much else except for cereal. Anyway I'm feeling better without them.
Helene, those darn scales! Bet you're losing BF and looking good from the challenge. did you get lm in this morning. I was tempted by it but did Imax 3 instead. Did briefly consider MIC but trying to not do it for a while. think I may have finally gotten a little tired of it.
Deb, did you watch the World Cup? I read in the other day's thread that you almost forgot to workout. Believe it or not that's more likely to happen to me on a day I'm not working. Get so busy doing other things that all of a sudden - oops. And it is something I look forward to doing to. did the dr do a mri or an xray? Crossing my fingers and all toes for the rt.
Did Imax 3 this morning and was a slimeball after. Wanted to do a coremax or legs from 4ds but ran out of time since I had to get the dinner ready in the crockpot. Tomorrow dh is staying home to drive the daughter. Bet he won't make dinner but have her make sandwiches or something for us.
Cookie

Howdy ladies,

Belinda - Enjoy your spinning class! Did your bike get delivered today?

Helene - Thankfully, DD appears to be fever-free and headache-free. This was definitely more than your run of the mill cold. It really ticks me off that they don't take it seriously. Even though it passed without antibiotics, she was so miserable with those headaches. Next time I might just tell them the symptoms were going on a few days earlier than they really were! Hope LM was fun for you! I lost that wo when we got rid of our cable DVR. Definitely one I miss.

Iris - Sounds like you had such a great time with your folks! I'm wishing you an early happy birthday just in case I don't get to post until tomorrow night :p

Lori - Did the rain hold off for your hot tub night with the girls? DD seems to be better, but the fever was so unpredictable, it's hard to say. I suppose we will know better after a few more days. My 3YO DD was a little warm (100.0) so I'm guessing she is next on the sick list:( Hope your back is better in the morning.

Deb - The best part about being home is sleeping in late and then not commuting! The timing definitely helped with DD being sick.

Amelia - Glad your hamstring is feeling better. Nice cal burn on your power walk!!

Cookie - DD seems to have turned a corner. Still not sure what to make of it. My training is remote over the internet. I wish I could work from home but, my firm won't go for it.:rolleyes: HA! I felt the same way about Sherlock Holmes and slept through most of it! So, what did you throw in the crockpot?? Looking forward to pulling mine out in a few months.

Today was a rest day for me, so I took it easy and did Amy Bento's Ab & Stretch (first segment of each). The ab portion was okay, mostly standing ab work (not my favorite). The stretch wasn't as good as stretch max (another one I lost when I returned the DVR).

GS Chest & Tris is on tap for tomorrow.

Evening ladies!

Well I'm in the middle of a meeting again. Very interesting stuff...... :p

Trish: Glad to hear the news about DD. I hope you can confirm this week that it is all behind you. That really was a weird one. I love LM. It was one of the first wo of Cathe's I had and did it obsessively for a year I think. I love the music in it too. The blast premix is a fun thing to do on its own when I'm short on time and slow in the morning. It's also a good add on.

Cookie: Yep, I got LM in but just the blasts which is what I had planned. So glad the cookie challenge is a breeze. How is your family with you not making cookies?

Iris: If the board is down for upgrades tomorrow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! Hope the rest of your day was good and that your mom's appointment went well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.