COMMIT TO GET FIT AND LEAN FOR JULY 11, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

I will catch up with my missed workouts today:) I will go to the gym today.

I will be back to report my workouts!

Great job yesterday, everyone! You all looking good! BBL!

Good Morning Ladies

Today will be Gym Style Legs before heading north for the day. And I need to get my laundry done. I ended up just relaxing at home last night....still had an upset stomach, but did some Rodney Yee anyways. I hope my tummy is better today.

Belinda- Uhoh...seems like you're gonna go crazy in the gym today!

Trish- Nice workout!! Your cal burns are awesome. How was Crazies? (Not that I know what that is!) lol

Ok BBL

Morning

Better sleep last night, i don't even remember shutting off the light:eek: I woke up around 2am and my DS was in the bed with me so maybe he turned off the light,lol

Today will be a cardio and a dogwalk this evening, hopefully if the thunder storms hold off.

Iris-Here is a link to the pool. We got it at walmart, it holds 5000 gallons of water. Its clear this morning but all the 'white cloudy stuff' has settled at the bottom.Any advice your father can offer i will appreciate! Great workout yesterday and enjoy your workout today.

I've got a question. How do you guys handle sleepovers & play dates when you really don't know the parents too well?

Here's the situation: A little girl down the street (who we use to live next door too) came over last night and spent the night. I didn't mind, she's real sweet and no trouble at all. Her parents seem pretty nice but i still don't know them well enough to drop off my baby at their house. If they can easily trust me with their baby should i maybe loosen my grip a little and let DD go over there next time? Im just not sure...growing up, my mom was VERY protective and we never went over to anyone's house unless it was our grandparents so all of this is new to me:confused: any advice?

ok...bbl with more personals...

Good morning,

I ran 45 min. 4 miles(I was a little over) and burned 653 cal. I was sweating buckets. Even the gym was hot!

Amelia, I answered you on the other thread! Have fun with your workout today.

Iris, have fun with GS legs today. I am doing laundry too! Neve ends!

BBL!

Good Morning Girls!:)

I didn't get a chance to check in from home b/c when we woke up, DS was being a computer hog! DH left to go fishing for 3 days...at 8 a.m so before he left I motored out the door to get a run in. It was a shorter run but I put everything I had in it. Now...everything I had at 7:20 a.m with half a cup of coffee in me, probably wasn't that much!:eek: I did have a good sleep last night though. Everyone was still outside sitting around the fire and I just crashed. I went to bed at 10:40 and woke up at 6:40. I didn't even set the alarm! I thought I did! LOL Maybe the same person who turned off Ameila's light, turned my alarm off! hehe!

So my workout was 5km, in 23 mins...then I came home and did 30/30 and then 4DS KB, plus the ab work. I was going to do some GS legs but my legs were burning as it was, plus I needed to get ready for work and I had to drop DS off at his grandparents house.

Belinda** Have fun making up for your missed workouts! I rarely take those rest days, and of course I know I should. And when I do take them, I come back so much stronger! Maybe my PT course will get it through my thick skull that I need rest days, just as much as I need to work out.

Iris** Enjoy your trip today! I think the run you did yesterday and the run I did today were probably on the same scale. I took a couple of walking breaks after my intervals.

Trish** I guess you will soon be taking DD to the Dr if the fever soon doesn't break. There are some weird bugs going around, I know that much. The wonderful thing about naps is you feel awesome when you wake up from them, but it doesn't take long to feel sleepy again! Nice workout yesterday!

Deb** Yeah, AC isn't something we need here for very long. Not to mention it has to hang out of a window and doesn't look to attractive. And b/c of this humid weather I have been having some crazy hair!:confused: Curls like I use to have when I was in highschool!

Ameila** Glad to hear you had a better night, that makes the 2 of us. I know letting kids sleep out is very touchy and thats a tough one for me to answer b/c I live in a small town and nothing really happens here. Everything is quiet and very rarely does anything bad happen....and never to children. So its easier to trust people around here. I would think that you need to go with your gut on this one. There is nothing wrong with being protective but you don't want to be over protective either. Why not let her go play at her house for a few hours, and with each visit you can talk to the parents a little more. I don't think it would take many visits for you to figure out if they are weirdos or not...but in saying this...not everyone is evil either~ LOL You are going to face this more often as she gets older.

Alright...I think that catches me up with personals! Considering I just got here, I should probably do something. I have both doors on each end of the building open...trying to get a breeze going through this place. It isn't as hot out today but it seems as if the building is holding on to the mugginess.

Lori:)

Morning all,

I am sitting in my basement dripping sweat after plyo legs d32 as I am typing this. I mean sweeaaaaaty!

Lori: Nice job on your workout. Incredible I might add. I am used to it from you, but it still never ceases to amaze me and I don't think it ever will. So your DH takes off for 3 days huh? How about you take three days off and come hang out in albany NY with Iris Cookie and I :eek:? Sounds like you are going to be busy the next three days. But you do so well every time :)

Belinda: Are you trying to catch up because you took a rest day ;) I think this thread is going crazy with their workouts :eek: Is DS happy that you are cooking for him. He better be singing your praises for you cooking in this heat is all I am saying.

Iris: Is it your Bday today? We have to get together. I need a pep talk and you and Cookie always cheer me up. I'll have to post later but I am not a bit frustrated. Though I am already better than an hour ago before my workout. :rolleyes: So much drama from your end. If you ever need to chat on the phone, I'd be happy too by the way. HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY!

Amelia: OK, I can't say much about the pool woes, but I got workout woes. My weight still won't budge and I am so sad. I figured with all the hard work I am putting in. My body is officially my battlefield, but I made a pact with you that goes until Xmas, so I am going to stick to it. But this is how I feel today :mad::( Weird huh, after all the excitement i had after yesterday's workout!!!

Ooops, DH needs something, I'll BBL. In the meantime, hello to everyone else!

Last edited:
Good morning everyone.
I got home late last night and haven't had time to read yesterdays page. I will come back later and catch up.

Helene: I think that I need to change my challenge to getting my nutrition under control. It doesn't matter how much extra cardio I do if I don't eat right. So, my goal is to eat clean. In order to do that I need to start logging my food or think of myself as on a "diet". That is what helps me to make better choices. Cheese pizza is not a good choice:confused:

Today I am taking a rest day and using my time to do math...ugh.
I did a lot of walking/running/playing while we were gone. I forgot how much I love the beach:)

Does anyone here use the Cathe nutrition page? If so, is it user friendly?

Licia

Afternoon girls,

I'm being lazy today. No wo done yet. I have S&H legs and shoulders on tap. I guess I'll get to it eventually. DD's temperature has been down since giving her medicine yesterday evening. I hope this is the end of it.

Belinda - Nice cal burn with your wo today!!

Iris - I actually fell asleep before starting the movie:rolleyes: I'm watching it now. It's okay, nothing earth shattering. You think you ate something that's upsetting your stomache? I hope it doesn't interfere with your wo today. So, is it your bday??

Amelia - ^5s on your good night sleep. It makes all the difference doesn't it? I did okay last night. Woke up around 2:30 to check DD's temp, but went right back to sleep. So, regarding sleepovers. DD will be turning 8 in two weeks and she has yet to have one sleepover. I'm very uncomfortable with it in general, but would allow it only with someone I knew very well. That goes for our house or theirs.

Lori - Rest days feel so good! I wouldn't make it more than two weeks without one. Nice wos ...even with out GS Legs!

Helene - Another great wo today! Don't feel too bad about the scale..mine was up .2# this morning, but I feel leaner and a little more muscular. You will probably see a change this week since you'll be back on your normal wo.

Licia - So true about not eating right. It can definitely undermine all of your hard work. Sweets have been my downfall, but I've had it under control for about 3 weeks now (not long, I know, but it seems like months to me). Hopefully this will be the start of a new pattern.

Deb and Cookie - Hope you're enjoying your Sunday.

BBL

Hey girls, Great news! TOM finally came. Not that i can get PG or anything i just want to get it over with:D:p

no workout yet. As the day went on my left hamstring keep hurting so I've been applying heat/cold and so far it isn't helping. It isn't a real bad pain but its enough for me to back off for today. I am considering a nice long dog walk this evening just so i can get out of this mad house:confused:

I also had a talk w/DD and she was surprisingly mature about the whole sleepover subject. She said "ok" when i told her i felt uncomfortable about her going to anyone's house, but her friend can come here(just not every weekend,ha) so that settle's that.

Trish-Im crossing my fingers and sending healing vibes to your DD, i hope she's feeling much better! have a good workout, im feeling like you today...i will get to my walk, eventually..lol

Licia-I'm no help with the cathe nutrition page. I keep a notebook that i use for my food/workout journal. I love the beach too and miss it, haven't been in years. Glad to hear you had fun!!

Helene-Your doing so great with your workouts girl, don't fret...im sure you will have another whoosh just around the bend! Im sticking to my pact too, i will keep you updated when i see some results.

Lori-Nice workout and run. Thanks for your comment on the sleep over situation, my gut feeling is what i was thinking too. The parents are nice but i use to live by them and noticed they didn't always watch there kids as closely as i watched mine(we lived next to a lake so i would always sit outside while my kids played and never saw their parents out?)

Belinda-Nice run today...any cooler weather coming your way? We have some storm systems over us right now that has the temps about 10 degree's cooler, still 90 degree's though.

Hey to everyone i missed. I will bb tomorrow to report my workout.:)

Work out completed. I'm hoping for leg & shoulder DOMs in the morning. Fingers crossed;) Tomorrow is a rest/yoga/stretch day. Not sure what I will do, but I'm leaning toward trying Amy Bento's Ab & Stretch DVD. And maybe some pilates as well. Sigh, DD's fever returned, so we're definitely taking a second trip to the pediatrician. This time she went 20 hours without medicine before it jumped back up to 102. This is the weirdest cold/infection she has ever had.

Amelia - It definitely took a push to get my wo in. I think I'm getting spoiled by my naps and I didn't have a chance to get one in today:confused: Did you get your walk in today? With your hamstring bothering you it may be a good day for a rest;)

Allright ladies, I'm headed to dream land. I have remote training from home all week, so I will not be commuting into NYC! Woohoo!! It's going to be such a treat:)

Good evening,

Trish – glad to hear your DD temperature is down. Sounds like you getting lots of rest:D

Amelia – keep icing/stretching that ankle. Hope you feel better soon.

Helene – if it makes you feel better, I am in the same boat right now. Scale isn’t moving! You are doing great, girl. DS is happy with my cooking. I made a German meal for him today. He loved it! Nice job with D 32 today.

Licia – sorry I can’t help you either on Cathe nutrition page! Enjoy your rest day today.

Lori - nice workouts as usully! You do need to start taking rest day's, girls;);) You are wearing your body down! You body needs time to recover!

Iris – wtg, on your runs this weekend. Enjoy your trip! Nice job on the GS today. Hope you feeling better.

Debbie and Cookie, hope you had a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

Good night, girls! See you all in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.